• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harry Potter

• neilnunb

• Jamhammer

• Francis Albert

Berra looks better. One dodgy moment when let ball bounce but done well otherwise 

Obviously facing lower quality but his overall concentration and calmness has improved. Were too many games last season we’d dominated then get caught because of a sloppy pass or long ball. All of a sudden we’re chasing the game

Stream was crap for me when using edge. Switched to chrome & it was perfect. Probably best stream quality of the season. 

good result today. That result & the league is what I was expecting this year. Bring on Celtic. 

Tremendous result today. Good performances all over the park. Top of the league. Next week we are getting Lennon sacked and lifting the cup. Merry Christmas everyone. 👍

1 minute ago, R1874 said:

Berra looks better. One dodgy moment when let ball bounce but done well otherwise 

Obviously facing lower quality but his overall concentration and calmness has improved. Were too many games last season we’d dominated then get caught because of a sloppy pass or long ball. All of a sudden we’re chasing the game

I actually thought his distribution had improved, but he got caught twice with balls over him - one being their goal.

Exactly what we required ...convincing win, played well, forwards scored and performed, all players fit more or less for next week

4 points clear at the top of the league

Not the finished article by any means with still some weak points in the squad for this season but no desperate need to rush out and fill them with just anything on offer in January

Next week we'll need big games from the big names we have to win the cup and more from Irving who has seemingly got it together recently.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Over a period of time Neilson has consistently delivered. 

Can hardly fail to in this League with this squad compared to his previous promotions 

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

You have been made to look a total mug.  I seriously question whether you are just a troll. 

In FOUR home league games this season we have scored 17 goals.  Makes your post even more ridiculous doesn’t it? 

**** off! We are in the Championship and playing against utter dross. I'm obviously delighted we scored 6 goals today but I stand by what I said regarding this current Hearts side.

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Good game and performance.

No bad performances.

Irving Motm.

Irving got the motm 👍🏻 I thought he was superb today

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

All the other games before that 😂

Were played last season. This is a cup competition that should be in the bin.

Neilson was dealt a shite deal having to play a Hibs side that should have been miles ahead of us given the situation both clubs had found themselves in (us in no small part due to DS and his failure at the club)

Neilson won the semi final. Stendel beat a Rangers team that were a fraction of the side they are today. Of which I’m grateful.

4 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

**** off! We are in the Championship and playing against utter dross. I'm obviously delighted we scored 6 goals today but I stand by what I said regarding this current Hearts side.

You made a **** of it, tbf.

Just now, sadj said:

Irving got the motm 👍🏻 I thought he was superb today

I missed the game due to work so I can’t judge him on today’s performance but I’ve always rated him I truly believe there’s a big player in him hopefully he will sign a new contract .

4 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Did you watch the game today? We could have had a Cowdenbeath result without any problem. We slowed it down a bit second half but then stepped it back up again. We had guile , invention , pace and Irving played some cracking balls. White and Ginnelly ran at the defence and Boyce and Naismith pulled the defence everywhere. Was by far the best we have clicked all season. 

2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Stendel failed.

Get over it. ‘Let it go’.

Failed at what 😂

Robbie will be the same as Craig Levein was, when he managed Hearts in a cup final, and that's Loser. 

Robbie Neilson's greatest ever achievement, getting to a cup final, due to someone winning 3 games for him to get there. 

Scottish championship will be right up there, in the footballing world of achievements 🙄

Europe achieved plums, Scottish Premiership achieved plums. 

MK dons achieved plums leading to them getting relegated. 

Dundee United false promotion due to league getting called early, with having biggest budget in league. 

And on second try 😂

Fist pumping getting to pens against St Mirren who have a man sent off, only to lose to them on pens. 

Scottish Cup arse handed to him by a guy that has a third eye ach ye know 😂

Don't get me started mate. 

Just now, One five said:

I missed the game due to work so I can’t judge him on today’s performance but I’ve always rated him I truly believe there’s a big player in him hopefully he will sign a new contract .

I said plenty of times last year he didnt work in Stendels team but the way Robbie wants to play he suits and looks very good. Helps he is a bit more sturdy on the ball and has grown into his role as opposed to looking nervous. 

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Failed at what 😂

Robbie will be the same as Craig Levein was, when he managed Hearts in a cup final, and that's Loser. 

Robbie Neilson's greatest ever achievement, getting to a cup final, due to someone winning 3 games for him to get there. 

Scottish championship will be right up there, in the footballing world of achievements 🙄

Dundee United false promotion due to league getting called early, with having biggest budget in league. 

And on second try 😂

Fist pumping getting to pens against St Mirren who have a man sent off, only to lose to them on pens. 

Take a day off sadact

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Failed at what 😂

And on second try 😂

**** sake bongo.. I was a big a Stendel fan as anyone but you bring it on yourself man.. obsession is becoming borderline bizarre. He’s not coming back. Support your ****ing manager and support your ****ing team..

Edited by kingantti1874

Francis Albert
14 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

Stream was crap for me when using edge. Switched to chrome & it was perfect. Probably best stream quality of the season. 

good result today. That result & the league is what I was expecting this year. Bring on Celtic. 

Agreed on stream. Watching a film on Netflix yesterday and it froze regularly. Today's worked perfectly and by far the best of the season. 

The commentary was also good with the "shout outs" limited to half time and not exessive banter. Well done to Laurie and Jimmy.

31 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Over a period of time Neilson has consistently delivered. 

Can hardly fail to in this League with this squad compared to his previous promotions 

He hasn’t yet CONSISTENTLY delivered in big cup games where the chips were down. The last semi against Hibs apart his big game record isn’t great. 

He’s got a great chance on Sunday to wipe every poor cup  and Euro result he has had away for ever.

He absolutely MUST have a go in that game and get right at them from the off. Over caution and fear is only going to end up one way for him.

I think we’ve got a great chance on Sunday but he will need BiG BAWS  when he’s picking that team and sending them out.

If he gets beat playing a containing game when everyone smells blood off Celtic he’ll get slaughtered. Win on Sunday and his job is safe for 2 years. That’s high stakes

Edited by JimmyCant

18 minutes ago, sadj said:

I said plenty of times last year he didnt work in Stendels team but the way Robbie wants to play he suits and looks very good. Helps he is a bit more sturdy on the ball and has grown into his role as opposed to looking nervous. 

Agree mate 👍

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Streaming was awful, missed second, third and fifth goals. Complaint on its way. 

I missed the 4th, only caught the replay for the 5th, and when it cut out again in the final minutes, I didn't bother trying to reconnect, thinking the game was over, so I missed the 6th as well.

been here before
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Are people genuinely going to hold it against Neilson, if for some reason we don't beat Celtic on Saturday?

:lol:

Yes. They are. 

There are some stupid ****ing trolls on here, fair play.👍🏻

Games on Sunday man.

I want us to win next week as much as any Hearts fan but tin hat on here, not expecting much but I so want to be wrong, so much want to be wrong! 

Mad some folk are still knocking one off over the guy who took us to the bottom of the table brought in some howling players. Stendel wasn't the answer, he had a couple good wins and some decent sound bites to soften up the fans but in general he was honking. Neilson is fine just now and doing whats expected.  

6 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I missed the 4th, only caught the replay for the 5th, and when it cut out again in the final minutes, I didn't bother trying to reconnect, thinking the game was over, so I missed the 6th as well.

Thought it was only me. Good to know. 

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Did you try one of the 4 other links?

Stream worked better than ever for me and my Wi-Fi certainly hasn't improved.

1 minute ago, Turkishcap said:

I want us to win next week as much as any Hearts fan but tin hat on here, not expecting much but I so want to be wrong, so much want to be wrong! 

Just need a lotta luck 

2 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

I’ll be raging if Halliday starts ahead of Irving next week. Pirlo strolled it again today.  

Here’s what I’d like to see

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Berra

Kingsley

Haring

Irving

Ginelly

Naismith

Walker

Boyce

Think ginellys fitness will count against him starting

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Obviously want to win but if offered guaranteed promotion or a win next week I'd unhesitatingly go for the former. That the league was ended but the Cup wasn't was absurd. If Celtics quadruple treble wasn't at stake it would not have happened.

1 minute ago, Crookie said:

Think ginellys fitness will count against him starting

Possibly.  It will be Lee or Ginelly.  Think the rest of the team picks itself. 

The Future's Maroon
54 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Something I have noticed this season is he almost never does that pointless punt up the park, always looks to play the easy pass....dunno if that’s the criticism from fans (rightly so) or Robbie telling him to cut it out...he looks so much better for it?

44 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Failed at what 😂

And on second try 😂

Hearts supporter my ****in hoop.

9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Did you try one of the 4 other links?

Stream worked better than ever for me and my Wi-Fi certainly hasn't improved.

TBF, I didn't realise there were other links, so maybe that would have improved it.  It certainly wasn't my wifi, as I was using an ethernet cable, and I have superfast broadband with Virgin, so not a bandwith problem either.

magicjohnston

Was out all day and missed the live stream using my season ticket. Is there any way to watch the full match replay or do I have to sign up to hearts TV, anyone know?

3 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Something I have noticed this season is he almost never does that pointless punt up the park, always looks to play the easy pass....dunno if that’s the criticism from fans (rightly so) or Robbie telling him to cut it out...he looks so much better for it?

Said similar a week or two ago. He’s doing well. Next week could be a step too far, though that could be said for the whole team. He’ll do fine in this league. 

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, RobNox said:

TBF, I didn't realise there were other links, so maybe that would have improved it.  It certainly wasn't my wifi, as I was using an ethernet cable, and I have superfast broadband with Virgin, so not a bandwith problem either.

I think the option of different links could have been explained better. I only found it by accident

Felix Lighter

My stream was a bit laggy at first. I use opera, which can hog my hard disk so checked it and it was maxed out. Switched off a few non essential programmes and other tabs and it was fine from there.

As for the game. Irving was motm but good stuff all over, cracking team and individual goals. I did think Irving faded a bit in the last 20 minutes which seems to be a bit of a pattern for him, possibly fitness issue or inexperience when adjusting to changes off the bench. Personally, I'd like to see him sign a new contract, give us a season in the top flight and then to follow in Hickeys foot steps in a big bucks move out of Scotland to a different footballing culture where. he will imo thrive.

Well done everyone today, roll on Sunday. C'mon the Hearts.   

Edited by Felix Lighter

By the way has anybody seen the screen shot of the Morton 'goal' that never was

Had they not gone on to win the match it would have been a travesty....the ball was 2 feet/foot over the line

24 minutes ago, Barack said:

Are people genuinely going to hold it against Neilson, if for some reason we don't beat Celtic on Saturday?

If he goes through there and bottles having a go and we capitulate weakly as a result, you’re damn right he’ll be criticised. There is no possible justification for not having a go here. If we get beat having a go, which is possible and maybe even likely, I’ll not have a problem with it.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

If he goes through there and bottles having a go and we capitulate weakly as a result, you’re damn right he’ll be criticised. There is no possible justification for not having a go here. If we get beat having a go, which is possible and maybe even likely, I’ll not have a problem with it.

His job is to get us promoted. If he ****s up the tactics in a cup final and we win the league then he’s done his job. 

south morocco

Jeez, we’ve just won 6-1 , got the biggest cup final in the land next week Someof the above posts are ludicrous. Get a perspective folks and enjoy the night and cup final build up 🇱🇻🇱🇻

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Has a go and gets beat 6 nil, you'll be applauding his daring attitude then?

The extreme worst case scenario of what I said but no, for clarity for those who obviously need it, I won’t be applauding anyone if we get beat 6-0

Edited by JimmyCant

This Boyce body language amateur psychology is embarrassing. You get footballers who just look miserable all the time. Watch interviews with him, he’s just a quiet subdued guy. 

portobellojambo1

Thought we played very well today, and with a little more precision we could have had 2/3 more goals. As in most games one or two players had moments to forget, but overall I thought in general the team functioned well, and goals and winning brings confidence with it.

I most noticed that unlike in recent weeks, where players didn't look fully fit, those that have been carrying injuries looked much more like themselves today, which again is good news. Next week we step away from the league, and play the Scottish Cup Final. I hope the coaches build the team up this week in training to play as they have been playing, don't change everything to try and create a situation to try and stop Celtic. The only game(s) Celtic have looked half decent in this season is where the opposition stand off them and allow them to play. Lets just go out next weekend and play the way we are, don't change anything, don't sit in on the back foot. We'll go into the game as underdogs, but that doesn't mean we can't win it.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

His job is to get us promoted. If he ****s up the tactics in a cup final and we win the league then he’s done his job. 

Agreed. But I'd rather he didn't **** up the tactics next week and he will deserve criticism if he does.