-*** Official matchday thread - Heart of Midlothian V Queen of the South***

Psychedelicropcircle

2 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

There must be soem kind of technical issue.  I'm a subsciber but I can't get anything except a large exclamation mark on the screen. 

Shilling for the meter, anyone?

Yeah I'm the same. I occasionally get through to the homepage but can't click on anything. Could't they have had this issue after the dunfermline game...!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harry Potter

• neilnunb

• Jamhammer

• GinRummy

1 hour ago, Tommy Walker said:

Registered n logged in and nothing.

All goals used to be free

TW

I've logged in to Hearts TV as per the season ticket stream and getting the 7 minutes of goal highlights no problem.

7 minutes ago, kila said:

Screamer. Hopefully replicates it on Sunday!

Must say, that's a fine view of the goal vis-a-vis the one on the official highlights. Now watched it six times! 👍

It's been a difficult week for some of JKBs finest, goals, points, rivals slipping up.

Basically a horror show.

Least they have the comfort blanket of a Cup Final loss to keep them warm inside. 

50 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

It's been a difficult week for some of JKBs finest, goals, points, rivals slipping up.

Basically a horror show.

Least they have the comfort blanket of a potential  Cup Final loss to keep them warm inside. 

Until ...

🏆🏆🏆🏆

❤❤G❤

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Basically a horror show.

Least they have the comfort blanket of a Cup Final loss to keep them warm inside. 

Good week for us. 

Great win last week and this week

It's clear Dunfermline despite being tipped by some on here as some kind of real/ Liverpool/ Brazil hybrid will  to be nowhere near us. 

17 goals in 4 home games, still some folk say we're boring. 

Top of the league, Cup final to look forward to, no injuries, good confidence. 

Could we actually do it? 

3 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Basically a horror show.

Yep. Desperately scraping the bottom of the barrel, now. Going to be a long week for them, especially Bingo and ****

Bazzas right boot
17 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

We will beat Celtic 6-1 

Calm doon, it will only be 5-1.

We tend to stop at 5 in finals. 

alwaysthereinspirit
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Calm doon, it will only be 5-1.

We tend to stop at 5 in finals. 

Still irks me 🤬

47 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

Some excellent individual efforts there and also some wonderful team goals.

Just what we should be producing week in week out.

12 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

As is Daniel ****ing Stendel..

I think I will join the bizarreness  and become the cheerleader for another old failed manager .. 🤔.. I think I’ll pick the best dressed man in fife “John Mcglynn “ 

yep.. why could we not have kept John Mcglynn. He got a draw at anfiled.. he would DEFINITELY have been better than levein and Stendel if only loads of things had worked out for him differently.  In fact - we should sack Robbie neilson.. a 90% + win record and 6 goals victories aren’t good enough and re hire the mighty Mcglynn.. or maybe Eugenijus Riabovas.. thought he didn’t get a fair crack either.

This is how I’m going to respond to this PISH from now.. on.. honest to **** there are some absolute weapons on here. 😆

Tony Ford or feck right off.       :seething:

5 hours ago, GlasgoJambo said:

found this while looking 

Love these old British Pathé reels. The crowds are always amazing. Jeez, and we have the cheek to complain about the state of today's pitches! 👍

15 minutes ago, sadj said:

Best thing about that is it was make a yard of space , hit it. No messing about , proper positive. 

Took everyone by surprise (especially the commentators).

39 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Shooting from outside the box seems to equate to goals for us, why we don't do it more often, is a mystery???

Have said this before, when you get a sniff at goal have a pop at it.

3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Have said this before, when you get a sniff at goal have a pop at it.

Should always have a shoot on sight policy, always.

kingantti1874
21 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Some excellent individual efforts there and also some wonderful team goals.

Just what we should be producing week in week out.

the goals would have been fractionally more spectacular had Stendel been in charge.. 

or John Mcglynn 

49 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

the goals would have been fractionally more spectacular had Stendel been in charge.. 

or John Mcglynn 

No they are spectacular whoever is in charge, but at the same time, remember they sort of goals are being scored against teams, that we are far superior than. 

33 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No they are spectacular whoever is in charge, but at the same time, remember they sort of goals are being scored against teams, that we are far superior than. 

Nae keeper is Scotland is saving Naismiths volley (apart from maybe our own). A 30 yard screamer is a 30 yard screamer whether it’s against Man City or Brechin City.

6 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Nae keeper is Scotland is saving Naismiths volley (apart from maybe our own). A 30 yard screamer is a 30 yard screamer whether it’s against Man City or Brechin City.

Incorrect because if you think, better teams will allow players to give naismith, that sort of time and space to get his shot away then you are deluded. 

I'm not saying it isn't a screamer 👍

Naismiths' goal, the first goal versus QotS was a well taken chance.   It came from a fortunate header from Lee, amidst some scrappy play.  Poor team or great team, a chance and resulting goal, such like, are entirely possible, on both levels.

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Incorrect because if you think, better teams will allow players to give naismith, that sort of time and space to get his shot away then you are deluded. 

Well I’m not talking about the build up. I’m talking about the top class finish that would’ve had any ‘keeper beaten. 

20 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You should have a wee look at 'Match of the Day' and marvel at some of the debacles perpetrated by top, top sides. It never ceases to amaze me and examples crop up every week. Just sayin'.

Bazzas right boot

The lengths folk go to play down anything positive is mind boggling. 

If we beat celtic, it will be "aye but Ross County just beat them 2-0, and that was at parkhead" 

Unbelievable Jeff! 

Edited by Smith's right boot

51 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The lengths folk go to play down anything positive is mind boggling. 

If we beat celtic, it will be "aye but Ross County just beat them 2-0, and that was at parkhead" 

Unbelievable Jeff! 

Aye, they wan the cup in98, Kilmarnock had won it the year before, ken. Or Celtic won the European Cup but it wiz about 4 games, ken.

Some ducking  curious posters on here.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Time and space like Lafferty vs Celtic?

Or Cochrane for that matter. Naismith actually hits it quite early instead of needing lots of time and space. That's why it's such a great strike.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We have scored many goals like that against better teams though so what's your point exactly?

Apologies, but I fail to see any negatives in a 6-1 win for my team at any time, let alone the week before a cup final. 🤪 Winning so well isn’t a given against any opposition and supporting hearts has never been the easy option!!

i’m on the enjoy every win, open top bus 😉 (or groovy train as some seem to prefer 😁)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I find it interesting that part of the point being argued is teams we are far superior than. 

Yet we finished below a heap last season. 

People have favourites, absolutely fine,  but be honest about your coloured opinions 

3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

:rofl: 

17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Time and space like Lafferty vs Celtic?

Or Cochrane for that matter. Naismith actually hits it quite early instead of needing lots of time and space. That's why it's such a great strike.

As did Gino , he sold the defender moved it a tiny bit and pinged it in the bottom corner before the defender had a chance to recover. About time people on here saw some positivity in life nevermind Hearts

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

As did Gino , he sold the defender moved it a tiny bit and pinged it in the bottom corner before the defender had a chance to recover. About time people on here saw some positivity in life nevermind Hearts

It's pretty clear Neilson has been trying to make us less shot shy. Walker, Irving, Ginnelly and Halliday are all willing to have a ping these days, Smith and Kingsley too. And they can all definitely hit a ball from distance. Hope that continues on Sunday. It might be easier with no fans in the stadium to try your luck from distance.

Edited by ToqueJambo

5 seconds, Walker goal.   Even great, fantastical sides like Celtic can hesitate on the edge of their own box. Or maybe it was the quick feet in the moment that made them uncertain what to do?  (Sorry about the overall vid)

Edited by Debut 4

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

15 seconds, Walker goal.   Even great, fantastical sides like Celtic can hesitate on the edge of their own box. Or maybe it was the quick feet in the moment that made them uncertain what to do?  

Or Lafferty here in the 1-0 game. He could have trapped it, done some keepie uppies and had a cup of tea the time and space he had

54 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Or Lafferty here in the 1-0 game. He could have trapped it, done some keepie uppies and had a cup of tea the time and space he had

I know that’s tongue in cheek but he instinctively did what you want from your main striker.  Took it first time with great confidence. It’s probably a better finish than given credit for.  Top corner jobs always look more spectacular and get talked about more.  The only difference here is it was low.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2020 at 09:58, DG_HMFC said:

I would lower your expectation with this side. The 2014/15 team would score goals for fun but this side is a 1 or 2 nil, 2-1 sort of level. 

They will no doubt sit in, and with our severe lack of pace and imagination, I can see it being another slog.

I hope I'm wrong, but this current Hearts squad is just so boring and stale, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we lost the game.

Updated again!!!

As evidenced by our home league games this season:

Hearts 6-2 Dundee

Hearts 2-1 Inverness

Hearts 3-0 Alloa

Hearts 6-1 Queen of the South

Hearts 5-3 Ayr