• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harry Potter

• neilnunb

• Jamhammer

• GinRummy

Today "was" the most important game, and well done all, it would have been easy to play with next week in mind but we did not. Now next weekend can take priority, the cup is a major trophy. We are underdogs but after today our players will be feeling good about it. The pressure is all on Celtic.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

trying to think if we're ever won the cup with such a poor team?

Guys like Macdonald, Grainger, Barr, McGowan, Black, Elliot would have instantly forgotten about if we hadn’t won the final. This team has a better GK, LB, RB, Irving/Halliday/Lee also better midfielders imo. 

William H. Bonney
18 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

trying to think if we're ever won the cup with such a poor team?

We should have won the 2013 league cup, with a very average team. 

I was concerned about the slip ups recently, sloppy, slow.  But today is exactly what we needed and the team, manager and coaches should get the credit. 
I think it would be a spectacular result upsetting the odds if we somehow manage to beat celtic next week. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if the stars align for us to overcome them in a final - I can dream.  Main thing is we’re in it, and it’s all on the day. That’s the beauty of the cup. 
🤞

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Guys like Macdonald, Grainger, Barr, McGowan, Black, Elliot would have instantly forgotten about if we hadn’t won the final. This team has a better GK, LB, RB, Irving/Halliday/Lee also better midfielders imo. 

I think the opposite is true. The ones you mentioned, okay none of them world beaters, won that cup final because they wouldn’t entertain in their heads a cup final defeat from Hibs. To say Iain Black would have instantly forgotten about it is a shocking statement.

Comparing the two teams, I’d say the main differences would be Skacel and Zal so I’d just favour the 2012 team.

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Lol don't forget that team also beat Celtic...

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

To say Iain Black would have instantly forgotten about it is a shocking statement.

Just as well that's not what he's saying!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

He hasn’t yet CONSISTENTLY delivered in big cup games where the chips were down. The last semi against Hibs apart his big game record isn’t great. 

He’s got a great chance on Sunday to wipe every poor cup  and Euro result he has had away for ever.

He absolutely MUST have a go in that game and get right at them from the off. Over caution and fear is only going to end up one way for him.

I think we’ve got a great chance on Sunday but he will need BiG BAWS  when he’s picking that team and sending them out.

If he gets beat playing a containing game when everyone smells blood off Celtic he’ll get slaughtered. Win on Sunday and his job is safe for 2 years. That’s high stakes

His job is to get promoted build momentum and get the club into Europe by 2022.

Sunday week is really quite low in the big picture. It's one for the fans. Even if its that,  bit of a joke it's even an event in truth 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

His job is to get promoted build momentum and get the club into Europe by 2022.

Sunday week is really quite low in the big picture. It's one for the fans. Even if its that,  bit of a joke it's even an event in truth 

It’ll be no joke if we win it. 

49 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I thought we’d lose in 98 and winning against a Rangers team of that quality would be a hard act to trump. I think we’re bigger underdogs next week than we were in 98 and seems to me that us winning depends in large part on Celtic having another real mare.

We’ve a chance but there’s a gulf in class that we’ll need to suppress one way or another.bee won in 98 because an ageing Rangers team were at the end of an era and we had 7 or 8 players playing the game of their lives. We’ll need similar things to fall into place next week.

That's true, if Celtic play to their capabilities we are beat, if they don't and we click, we have a good chance. 

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I think the opposite is true. The ones you mentioned, okay none of them world beaters, won that cup final because they wouldn’t entertain in their heads a cup final defeat from Hibs. To say Iain Black would have instantly forgotten about it is a shocking statement.

Comparing the two teams, I’d say the main differences would be Skacel and Zal so I’d just favour the 2012 team.

About 6 months of decent play, he had the freedom of Hampden that day. Bang average. 
The team that day had a strong mentality forged by a togetherness borne out of a strange season where many things happened.
Let’s not forget Hibs finished 11th that season are we’re quite frankly awful that day. 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Indeed, with Scot Robinson playing wide right, let’s hope this one can emulate that feat having beaten a far better Hibs team than the one they finished 11th in 2012. 

23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Only real decisions for the team for the cup are surely White or Ginnelly and Halliday or Haring. Hope we start with Haring and Ginnelly.

The good thing being we’ve got choices we probably didn’t have last year. Halliday will run through a wall to beat them but Haring is a better and more composed option. Ginelly is a no brainer if he is fit enough. Looked awright to me today so unless there is a set back, he’ll play certainly at some

point. Walker Lee and Irving all worth thinking about too. Depends how aggressive we want to be I suppose.

Edited by JimmyCant

south morocco
18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Only real decisions for the team for the cup are surely White or Ginnelly and Halliday or Haring. Hope we start with Haring and Ginnelly.

I think ginnelly would be more effective off the bench. Would definitely start Haring. Possibly saved today for next week. Irving is more creative but Halliday can dig in against them. Decisions!!

31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

About 6 months of decent play, he had the freedom of Hampden that day. Bang average. 
The team that day had a strong mentality forged by a togetherness borne out of a strange season where many things happened.
Let’s not forget Hibs finished 11th that season are we’re quite frankly awful that day. 

I often wondered how such a poor Hibs team made the final. Same with us. Cup has a habit of throwing up unlikely winners sometimes 🙏

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Dumfries' XI aren't representative of next week, bud. Take 6-1 all year long, but it's not reflective of Neilson probably being beaten by Celtic.

Like I've said, no matter which approach is taken on Sunday, it's wrong according to some people. 

I'd sooner trust Trump's judgement, than those people.

Whats wrong with Trumps judgement? Hes pals wi Coronay you know....

7 minutes ago, south morocco said:

I think ginnelly would be more effective off the bench. Would definitely start Haring. Possibly saved today for next week. Irving is more creative but Halliday can dig in against them. Decisions!!

Haring had a groin niggle today so was protected Irving came in for him

1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

One of the best if not the best day for me going to a Hearts game (I only got tickets to the Gretna final so can’t comment on the others) 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I often wondered how such a poor Hibs team made the final. Same with us. Cup has a habit of throwing up unlikely winners sometimes 🙏

Fingers crossed 🤞 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Haring had a groin niggle today so was protected Irving came in for him

Irving wasn’t supposed to start, he’s the best midfielder we’ve got in an attacking sense. 

Pasquale for King

Big decisions to be made on the starting line up, 5 subs which obviously helps if someone can’t play the 90 minutes. As he said after the game let’s decide how we’re going to play and pick a team. You could probably pick 80% of the team but what formation and the style of play along with a couple of players is more difficult. Good problem to have. 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Irving wasn’t supposed to start, he’s the best midfielder we’ve got in an attacking sense. 

Nope he wasn’t supposed toooooo....

LarrysRightFoot
2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

We would’ve had a better chance of staying up if we’d kept Levein 

I cannot believe anyone is still defending Levein. After winning the first 5 games of the 18/19 season what was our record under him?

1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I cannot believe anyone is still defending Levein. After winning the first 5 games of the 18/19 season what was our record under him?

How did a 6-1 victory end up here?

Nooooo .... Pleeeease.... I cannae take anymore Levein argy-bargy. He's history.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Nope he wasn’t supposed toooooo....

I don’t think we would’ve played so well without him today. 
He won’t get the time or space he did today next Sunday if he plays. 
I think anyone of us could choose ten different teams and formations and still not get it right. Not much chance of Lennon guessing it. 

12 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Stendel's fault everything is his fault,don't you know already. 

will-i-am-a-jambo
4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Failed at what 😂

Robbie will be the same as Craig Levein was, when he managed Hearts in a cup final, and that's Loser. 

Robbie Neilson's greatest ever achievement, getting to a cup final, due to someone winning 3 games for him to get there. 

Scottish championship will be right up there, in the footballing world of achievements 🙄

Europe achieved plums, Scottish Premiership achieved plums. 

MK dons achieved plums leading to them getting relegated. 

Dundee United false promotion due to league getting called early, with having biggest budget in league. 

And on second try 😂

Fist pumping getting to pens against St Mirren who have a man sent off, only to lose to them on pens. 

Scottish Cup arse handed to him by a guy that has a third eye ach ye know 😂

Don't get me started mate. 

Sounds like you would rather lose the Cup Final to justify your agenda with Neilson imo. You compared Neilson with Levein as being both losers but you've forgotten Robbie actually won a cup final as a player and played a huge part in it with a last-ditch tackle to save the game and have the cajones to take a penalty and score in the shootout, let's hope that's a significant factor for next week.

pettigrewsstylist
6 hours ago, jonesy said:

Will you just end them, or perhaps rename? Nelms-got-a-reach-around-from-Nelly FC seems a fair enough name?

Ended. All FOH member will receive invite to an enormous open air turdathon on day  1 of demolition. 

1 hour ago, cookieboy said:

was out today and didn't see the game , Hearts TV is being a dick .any links to goals / highlights please 

Back and running , just watched the extended highlights 

Scoring 6 twice this early in the season gives me a lot of confidence that we'll be able to front up next season to big premiership clubs like Ross County, Hibs, Livingston and Hamilton.

8 hours ago, RobNox said:

I missed the 4th, only caught the replay for the 5th, and when it cut out again in the final minutes, I didn't bother trying to reconnect, thinking the game was over, so I missed the 6th as well.

I had no problems. I'm no expert but I think Chrome is the best platform for remote viewing. You could also try boosting your wifi. A booster will improve your wifi and you can purchase them relatively cheaply. 

8 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You know you have hit a raw nerve when your posts that are actually factually correct, get taken down 😊

You post some amount of rubbish. 

Edited by karipidis

kingantti1874
9 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Nooooo .... Pleeeease.... I cannae take anymore Levein argy-bargy. He's history.

As is Daniel ****ing Stendel..

I think I will join the bizarreness  and become the cheerleader for another old failed manager .. 🤔.. I think I’ll pick the best dressed man in fife “John Mcglynn “ 

yep.. why could we not have kept John Mcglynn. He got a draw at anfiled.. he would DEFINITELY have been better than levein and Stendel if only loads of things had worked out for him differently.  In fact - we should sack Robbie neilson.. a 90% + win record and 6 goals victories aren’t good enough and re hire the mighty Mcglynn.. or maybe Eugenijus Riabovas.. thought he didn’t get a fair crack either.

This is how I’m going to respond to this PISH from now.. on.. honest to **** there are some absolute weapons on here. 😆

14 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Just me or hearts tv freeview goals video only showing first 30 seconds?

Always does for most videos. You need to subscribe to get the full videos. 

4 minutes ago, trotter said:

Always does for most videos. You need to subscribe to get the full videos. 

Goals free to view.

Sussed it now. Even though free needed to be logged in.

16 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Goals free to view.

Sussed it now. Even though free needed to be logged in.

Registered n logged in and nothing.

All goals used to be free

TW

LarrysRightFoot
9 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Fair point. I shouldn’t have bitten. 

Good win yesterday- the type we delivered regularly in 14/15.

For me I’m actually more concerned about the Ayr game than the cup final. Regardless of the result in the cup final our attitude has to be spot on for Ayr. If we don’t win that game we might not be top after it. 

The Apprentice
10 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You know you have hit a raw nerve when your posts that are actually factually correct, get taken down 😊

Just enjoy the 6-1 win like any other normal fan FFS.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

As is Daniel ****ing Stendel..

I think I will join the bizarreness  and become the cheerleader for another old failed manager .. 🤔.. I think I’ll pick the best dressed man in fife “John Mcglynn “ 

yep.. why could we not have kept John Mcglynn. He got a draw at anfiled.. he would DEFINITELY have been better than levein and Stendel if only loads of things had worked out for him differently.  In fact - we should sack Robbie neilson.. a 90% + win record and 6 goals victories aren’t good enough and re hire the mighty Mcglynn.. or maybe Eugenijus Riabovas.. thought he didn’t get a fair crack either.

This is how I’m going to respond to this PISH from now.. on.. honest to **** there are some absolute weapons on here. 😆

🤣👏

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, Tommy Walker said:

Registered n logged in and nothing.

All goals used to be free

TW

There must be soem kind of technical issue.  I'm a subsciber but I can't get anything except a large exclamation mark on the screen. 

Shilling for the meter, anyone?