Top Posters In This Topic

• Harry Potter

• neilnunb

• Jamhammer

• GinRummy

1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

***Pedant Alert***

Should it not be:-

Queen of the South v Heart of Midlothian?

***Pedant Alert***

I'm confused.

3 minutes ago, jb102 said:

I'm confused.

Don't be,he's wrong. Were at home.

6 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

***Pedant Alert***

***Pedant Alert***

:peepwall:

8 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

***Pedant Alert***

***Pedant Alert***

It's better to be right than try to be smart,😂😂

• davemclaren changed the title to -*** Official matchday thread - Heart of Midlothian V Queen of the South***

Only watched a small early part of the game last week v ICT.

Dobbie still finds decent positions, the young guy Joseph likes to run directly from central midfield, with Fitzpatrick the other talent.

Shouldn't be too many problems but we can't take too many chances on wholesale changes, even ahead of the Cup Final.

16 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

***Pedant Alert***

***Pedant Alert***

Get off that stuff  you'll go blind.

August Landmesser

Watched their game v ICT last week, Queen's had a few chances but looked pretty lightweight overall. ICT didn't seem to have much bother with them at all.

But... as tynewater says, teams do raise their game against us, so this might be a bit of a trudge early on. A 2-0 win again will do, ideally 3 or 4, and leading at HT too.

No injuries please and Ginnelly to get some miles into his legs for Hampden.

2 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Always wanted to write this 👌

Well done , comfortable win, no injuries and Ginelly gets some game time and Boyce back 👍

Tokyo Drifter
2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

***Pedant Alert***

***Pedant Alert***

Nah we're at home.

***** timing for QoS btw coz they can have fans in from Friday presumably and their next two games are away to us and Morton!

The Treasurer

Hopefully Robbie will put out his strongest team and not have an eye on next week.

The only ones that should be thinking about the cup final are the players who aren't guaranteed a starting place who should be busting a gut to earn a place at Hampden

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Hopefully Robbie will put out his strongest team and not have an eye on next week.

The only ones that should be thinking about the cup final are the players who aren't guaranteed a starting place who should be busting a gut to earn a place at Hampden

All the focus with the players will be on Queen of the South. 

They'll likely be in on Sunday to start preparations for Celtic. 

37 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

My team

:brows:  4-1 Hearts

That looks very strong to me.  Am I right in thinking that Ginnelly would replace Kingsley if fit?

We have to think that if Naismith and Boyce can hit the target, we will be in great shape for the final.

6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

That looks very strong to me.  Am I right in thinking that Ginnelly would replace Kingsley if fit?

We have to think that if Naismith and Boyce can hit the target, we will be in great shape for the final.

Ginnnelly is a  right winger Kingsley is a left back, so...no, that wont happen.   I think the previous formation was a Christmas tree.   Or Ajax formation, which was quoted.  4-3-2-1.    My formation is a diamond.    Yeah, I hope they both score, plus others.   :thumbsup:

Edited by HMFC01

49 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

My team

:brows:  4-1 Hearts

I'd go with that. I reckon Berra ahead of Popescu though. With that formation could see Halliday replacing Haring in the match after a half if Hearts are in a comfortable lead, keep Haring fit for the final. Also give Ginnelly 30/40 mins to gain fitness for final too. 

1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Ginnnelly is a  right winger Kingsley is a left back, so...no, that wont happen.   I think the previous formation was a Christmas tree.   Or Ajax formation, which was quoted.  4-3-2-1.    My formation is a diamond.    Yeah, I hope they both score, plus others.   :thumbsup:

Thanks for that.  I know very little about Ginnelly given how little he has played.  Don't know much about Kingsley either but if he is perceived as a weak link, Celtic will exploit it if they can.

What matters is what Neilson does with the players at his disposal but I cant help thinking Haring will have to play a blinder.

Very confident though for our next two games.

Guest ToqueJambo

Most poetically-named fixture in world football (for people who like that sort of thing).

But what would be the least poetic? I'll go with CFR Cluj vs FC Slutsk

Edited by ToqueJambo

Geoff Kilpatrick

I want this to be the 10-0 of the season. QoS were Frank McGarvey's last club and the main beneficiaries of the shafting of Partick.

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Thanks for that.  I know very little about Ginnelly given how little he has played.  Don't know much about Kingsley either but if he is perceived as a weak link, Celtic will exploit it if they can.

What matters is what Neilson does with the players at his disposal but I cant help thinking Haring will have to play a blinder.

Very confident though for our next two games.

Kingsley is a good player. 

Plenty weak links elsewhere in the team but Kingsley isn't one of them. 

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Kingsley is a good player. 

Plenty weak links elsewhere in the team but Kingsley isn't one of them. 

Good to hear.