Peleton bike/app

fast_blood

I looked at it, but I can’t see the value. You buy buy a good reconditioned spin bike for £500 and there are plenty of good spin session on You Tube. The big attraction is the leaderboard, but I’m not sure it justifies a £1750 bike and monthly subscription!

For that kind of money I would spend a grand on a road bike and 750 on a wahoo kikr turbo trainer and download zwift or rgt cycling and then you can use the bike indoors and out.

The peletom system I think is closed protocol so you cant then use the bike on things like zwift if you get bored. 

10 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

I looked at it, but I can’t see the value. You buy buy a good reconditioned spin bike for £500 and there are plenty of good spin session on You Tube. The big attraction is the leaderboard, but I’m not sure it justifies a £1750 bike and monthly subscription!

I would rather run round the block.

Get yourself onto Zwift with a smart trainer and join a cycling group/team. Great fun and really improves your fitness. And you also have the option to take the bike off the trainer and get out for fresh air!

6 minutes ago, been here before said:

Buy a turbo trainer and set it all up infront of your telly.

Voila.

Thinking along these lines. Cheers. 

58 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It is a pretty expensive way to do spin classes. The bike and subscription are very much a premium for the brand. 

There would be loads of different ways to do it as highlighted by others.

It does have some advantages for those into spin. They’re are live classes every day in addition to just on demand, so it is much more of a community/interactive than some of the alternatives. Whilst obviously interactive leaderboards/times/progress etc. The kit is also very good albeit expensive.

I personally am not into gym classes and so on in general, however, if that’s your jam and getting to gym ain’t practicable it might be for you. 

It looks great but the subscription cost just seems too much for what it is. 

The Peloton ecosystem also limits access to the hardware but it is possible to run a limited version of Swift on it. 

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/06/how-to-load-zwift-or-trainerroad-on-a-peloton-bike-a-geeks-guide.html

If you are after a premium indoor trainer for use with Zwift/Sufferfest and others rather than a DIY setup then the Wattbike ATOM is the way to go.