MAFIA - Let's save Christmas

Shapes

Seasons greetings! 

December has arrived and it's time for Santa and his elves to start preparing for Christmas. They've been busy at the toy factory in the north pole preparing all the toys for the good girls and boys around the world. BUT - it's mafia, so world are colliding here, and some fictional bad guys are wanting to destroy santas factory. Then to make it even more random, three wise men from the middle east are out to help save xmas along with santa's little helper elves. That's not all though, there's some naughty siblings from around the world who have found out that they're not on the nice list and they're wanting all the toys for themselves. Will santa keep control of his toy factory or will the goons or the naughty kids take over??

ROLES:

Santa Claus - Doctor. Can investigate someone each night. Cannot save the same player on consecutive nights.

The three wise men - Balthazar, Caspar & Melchior. These are your cop and 2 mason teams. Balthazar is the cop and the other two the masons. Balthazar can investigate someone each night. All three of them can communicate in thread together.

Goons - Your goon dream team of Hans Gruber, The Grinch, Marv from Home Alone & Ebeneezer Scrooge. These guys want to ruin Christmas and take down santas factory to stop him making any more toys. Can kill a player each night.

NAUGHTY KID PAIRS

Scottish Brother & Scottish Sister

American Brother & American Sister

Australian Brother & Australian Sister

They will work in pairs (brother and sister) and will be able to cause some mayhem. Each night 1 group, starting night 1 with Scottish to night 4 Australian can choose either to kill someone, investigate or save. If 1 of the pair gets lynched or killed the other just sees the light and becomes a good child out to help santa. they are all in it to win the toy factory for themselves but can only win if BOTH survive to the end.. They are only working in pairs and can only communicate between the brother and sister. Only in it for themselves unless see error of ways if 1 gets lynched/killed

4 x Good kids (will increase when naughty kid pairs are split up) - just townies

Santa and the good kids wins once when all goons are killed off and the goons win once they have a majority. The naughty kids can win if still a pair left.

At night I will take and deal with nominations from the Doc, Cop, naughty kids, Goons, in that order.

Please post votes and unvotes in bold e.g. vote Shapes and unvote Shapes

If you don't your vote will not be counted. No editing of posts with votes allowed, if this is done voting privileges may be removed.

You can bluff or lie about your role, but if you come out right and say you?re doc or character in game etc you will be mod killed

A lynch will happen when there is enough votes for the same person or a deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached but not enough numbers have voted the same person, the person with the highest amount of votes at that time will be lynched. If it is a tie I will devise a way of picking the winner.

Only players who have a team role are allowed to PM other players.. If you receive a PM from someone you are not supposed to (ahem!) please DON'T post it on the thread, report it to me first. If you have any questions about the general rules post them on the thread, if you have a question about your role/power PM me and I'll try my best to explain it.

No PMs or chat in other threads or even in real life about the this unless you have a role which allows PMs to other players and then it can only be between the players you have been given by me.

No speculation is permitted on the thread during the night period, just the usual sorry I?ve killed townie type stuff. I will punish players who misbehave at night.

Dead people can post but if they say vote someone off or unsubtly hint for someone to be voted off, I will be round to kill them for real-just don?t do it please. I have experienced it myself and know it is hard but it ruins the experience for other players

Finally I will Mod kill non-posters and voters unless there is good excuse but will use my discretion.

Remember this is just for fun, don?t try and take it too seriously!

Enjoy and if you are confused over anything please PM me

First deadline will be Saturday 9pm

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tenaciousdandy

• AndyNic

• Shapes

• Boof

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PMs will be out in the next hour. 

Player list

1. Stuart McNeill

2. Yvonnejambo 

3. AlimOzturk

4. Dawnrazor

5. Boof

6. Dunks

7. Dr. Sheldon Cooper

8. Morgaro Gomis

9. Bunny Munro

10. AndyNic

11. Rudi Skacel

12. jambosean75

13. iantjambo

14. milky_26

15. Riddley Walker

16. Smack

17. Marvin

18. Dandyman79

All PMS are out

And to clarify for investigations - goons will show up as bad, naughty siblings will show up as naughty and everyone else good. Only good, bad or naughty will be passed on to cop/masons

Good kid checking in here.

Unable to use BS and probably wouldn't anyway.

Good list
Me

Bad list

You lot

That's unlikely to change as I'll have no way of finding out anything else.

Somewhat relieved at the lack of assassin this time... :lol: 

Morgaro Gomis

I wouldn’t use BS even if it were possible. If I were cop I would investigate Sheldon as he is certified goon. 

However I am not, so I can’t.

Like the look of this set up, Shapes, like that it’s had a bit of a mix up! 

They will work in pairs (brother and sister) and will be able to cause some mayhem. Each night 1 group, starting night 1 with Scottish to night 4 Australian 

Not that it makes any difference to me whatsoever, but should that be a 3? Since we have 3 pairs...

And does that mean each pair only get one shot at doing something?

7 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Goon: Ian 

Naughty: Smack

Think so? Because I reckon you're Ian's sister.

Naughty list:

Booferang and Didgeridunks

Stuart McNeill and AndyNic

Ian and Riddley

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Evening all.

Since we can't use BS, I would investigate Morgaro Gomis if I was cop. Just 'cause.

Always refreshing to have a different set up so intrigued to see how this goes.

29 minutes ago, Boof said:

They will work in pairs (brother and sister) and will be able to cause some mayhem. Each night 1 group, starting night 1 with Scottish to night 4 Australian 

Not that it makes any difference to me whatsoever, but should that be a 3? Since we have 3 pairs...

And does that mean each pair only get one shot at doing something?

Night three yes. And if the first pair are still alive after we've had three nights it'll go back to them and if they're dead it'll go to the next one's etc etc 

Morning all. Early saturday start for me. Heading over to Gullane to play number 1. Hopefully the course is in good condition after yesterday!

Early start for me too, going to Dingwall to start Christmas shopping 😫 

Anyway I will leave my goon list 

before I go.

Stuart

Andy

Rudi

Bunny

i wish I was a naughty kid so I would have a brother or sister to talk with but unfortunately I’m just good.

vote Stuart mainly on revenge from last game as he seems whatever he says is taken as being truthful and I know he’s just good at lying! 
Last game made me think it was like when being a kid and you have saved up a to get some good sweets then this kid comes along and takes the best ones from you. 
I will with intense therapy get over it though, but will just feel good if he dies 😆

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
59 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Morning all. Early saturday start for me. Heading over to Gullane to play number 1. Hopefully the course is in good condition after yesterday!

Never played Gullane but it's certainly on the list.

Had 9 holes pencilled in for this morning but course has been closed for the last 2 days so we cancelled last night. Can't imagine the course condition would've improved if the weather last night was anything to go by.

9 hours ago, Smack said:

Naughty list:

Ian and Riddley

Nae chance!

vote Stuart 🤬

Just checking in, going to Vote Morgaro Gomis -  stick on goon imho. Also I'm not the :policeman: and if I were I'd probably use BS.

Just now, Marvin said:

Just checking in, going to Vote Morgaro Gomis -  stick on goon imho. Also I'm not the :policeman: and if I were I'd probably use BS.

Vote Morgaro Gomis rather

morning

goon list

1. Stuart McNeill

2. Yvonnejambo 

3. AlimOzturk

4. Dawnrazor

5. Boof

6. Dunks

7. Dr. Sheldon Cooper

8. Morgaro Gomis

9. Bunny Munro

10. AndyNic

11. Rudi Skacel

13. iantjambo

14. milky_26

15. Riddley Walker

16. Smack

17. Marvin

18. Dandyman79

4 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

morning

goon list

1. Stuart McNeill

2. Yvonnejambo 

3. AlimOzturk

4. Dawnrazor

5. Boof

6. Dunks

7. Dr. Sheldon Cooper

8. Morgaro Gomis

9. Bunny Munro

10. AndyNic

11. Rudi Skacel

12. jambosaan75

13. iantjambo

14. milky_26

15. Riddley Walker

16. Smack

18. Dandyman79

FTFY

Edited by Marvin

2 hours ago, yvonnejambo said:

😫

vote Stuart mainly on revenge from last game as he seems whatever he says is taken as being truthful and I know he’s just good at lying! 
Last game made me think it was like when being a kid and you have saved up a to get some good sweets then this kid comes along and takes the best ones from you. 
I will with intense therapy get over it though, but will just feel good if he dies 😆

I have to say that was a magnificent bit of goonery at the end from Stuart. Some might say it was unnecessary, a bit like doing keepie uppies when you're 6-0 up, but I thought it was a tremendous bit of skill 😁

2 hours ago, Rudi Skacel said:

chi-ugc-photo-mr-grinch-at-cantigny-golf-2015-12-14.thumb.jpg.b81c2b0524032f8863f4c2f5e4331d68.jpg

8 minutes ago, Smack said:

I have to say that was a magnificent bit of goonery at the end from Stuart. Some might say it was unnecessary, a bit like doing keepie uppies when you're 6-0 up, but I thought it was a tremendous bit of skill 😁

I missed the last game what happened

Tenaciousdandy

Good morning all, well except the goons and naughty kids hope its a crap morning for you lot 

Day 1 random number generator vote so for now, may change if anything comes up 

vote dawn

Screenshot_20201205-103056_Samsung Internet.jpg

10 hours ago, Smack said:

Naughty list:

Ian and Riddley

You've definitely got that wan wrang...couldn't tell you about the others but they all look dodgy to me.

10 hours ago, Shapes said:

Night three yes. And if the first pair are still alive after we've had three nights it'll go back to them and if they're dead it'll go to the next one's etc etc 

Oh, bloody hell! Just have to hope they're more investigatory than stabby but if they're trying to get rid of opposition I fear they could get a bit assassiny. 

No point looking at me folks - just a good kid. Haven't even swiped brother's advent calendar chocolate.

Tenaciousdandy
2 minutes ago, Boof said:

@Dandyman79 - have you ever run the random number generator and it's come up with a team mate?

Last game the first number that came up was mine, followed by vlads you were 3rd time lucky, easier this time round as don't have team mates it did land on team mate from last game tho, I think the next time I'm in a team if it comes up I might just go with it, unless it's my number of course

BTW not getting into "bantering" with you on day 1 again that didn't end well for me 

2 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

BTW not getting into "bantering" with you on day 1 again that didn't end well for me 

It wasn't the banter that scuppered me - it was the votes and me suggesting they weren't such a good idea :lol: 

Happy to go into non-banter mode but would still like folk to get chatting.

Just checking in. Hanging like a bad Christmas decoration this morning after a heavy session on the wine last night. 

I’ll have a look over the OP before posting anything further. 

Tenaciousdandy
4 minutes ago, Boof said:

It wasn't the banter that scuppered me - it was the votes and me suggesting they weren't such a good idea :lol: 

Happy to go into non-banter mode but would still like folk to get chatting.

Very true, nothing worse than when you have a good role and come under pressure and the easiest way out is to tell the town it would be a huge mistake to kill me off type post as it usually gets you killed off anyway 😂

41 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I missed the last game what happened

You'd be quicker reading the thread rather than trying to decipher any half arsed description I came up with 😁 

7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Just checking in. Hanging like a bad Christmas decoration this morning after a heavy session on the wine last night. 

I’ll have a look over the OP before posting anything further. 

Away. Day 1 isn't the time for a clinical approach. Like your namesake why not take some speculative punts at goal and see what happens?

Pretty obvious Boof and Dandy are holding hands already. He shoots....