• GinRummy

• Thomaso

• Mikey1874

• Section Q

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Weakened Offender
11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I meant 4X as many as the 60 Hamilton fans that was mentioned. 

If I'd known you had meant that I wouldn't have bothered replying. 

9 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

If I'd known you had meant that I wouldn't have bothered replying. 

No harm done though eh  wee story to tell the grandkids. 

The quotes show an incredible lack of self awareness. Councils have been struggling financially for years now, and COVID will have created some massive black holes in their budgets. 

The idea that a council is better spending £300k on overpriced office space they seemingly don't need, rather than teachers, frontline social care workers, roads maintenance etc is amazing. They seem to be another club with owners who are completely tone deaf to what is going on right now. 

Apart from it affecting a sectarian song out of the Rangers song book I see zero impact to absolutely anything. Shitty, vile and completely pointless football club.

This smacks of complete desperation and the last throw of the dice. The schemes they are mentioning are not Accies initiatives remember but national and local government ones that could be provided anywhere really. There is little chance of them plugging this financial hole which is why they are begging the way they are. It is a pathetic sight, but given how they have conducted themselves in recent times they can expect no sympathy from us.

Stand back and ask yourself exactly what does this club actually contribute to Scottish football as a whole and the answer is relatively little. McCarthy and McArthur keep getting mentioned but that was a long time ago now. What players of this quality have they produced recently is one question you need to ask.

They contribute absolutely nothing else in terms of a fan base, good ideas etc. They have no fan base and just bleat constantly about everything else. 

in summary they will only be missed by about 1000 people maximum. Sorry but not enough for them to be saved from an inevitable collapse now or in the future. Get it over with as soon as possible and put yourself out of your own misery as it is a pathetic sight to see and hear.

Bye bye you will not be missed in the slightest!

jack D and coke
On 04/12/2020 at 23:43, Niemi’s gloves said:

I don’t “hope they die” but it’s hard to see what Hamilton bring to the top division. They have made virtually no impact in cup football in the last few years and, in the league, they do just enough to survive with no ambition to push higher than 10th. There are about 8 clubs in the championship who would bring more to the party and at least two - Falkirk and Partick Thistle - in league one. OK, it was fun to see them relegate Hibs and I wouldn’t begrudge clubs their size the occasional year or two in the top division. But seven seasons! Come on, time to piss off back where you belong.

Good post mate and basically how I feel. 
Wee Gordon Strapon made a good point a year or so ago where these teams need to go find their level and stay there. They bring nothing to the top division and actually make it look proper tinpot. 
They’re practically amateur level with their support etc.  
I don’t wish death on them but hope they get pumped out of top league and they never make it up again. Away an play junior or something. 

Got to agree with everything being said on this thread. Why should the council give a shines shit about any holes in Hamilton’s budget? The only consideration they should be given is about finding the best deal and system possible for them. This is business of charity. And councils ATM are hardly in a position to be sounding good money up the wall. 

Hamilton contribute **** all. They are punching way above their weight which I have no problem with. But when it comes down to money and they can no longer afford to do it due to not growing then they should **** off to the level they are. 

Neil Dongcaster

It’s sickening how badly we perform against the likes of Hamilton. £300k per annum difference in turnover may kill that club and yet we throw that money in a kitty for the club in 12 weeks.

We are one of the biggest under performing clubs in the UK alongside the likes of Portsmouth. 

4 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

It’s sickening how badly we perform against the likes of Hamilton. £300k per annum difference in turnover may kill that club and yet we throw that money in a kitty for the club in 12 weeks.

We are one of the biggest under performing clubs in the UK alongside the likes of Portsmouth. 

Overall our record against Hamilton is very good including in recent years.

Of course them winning at Ibrox and following it up with another win back up their win and 2 draws against us last season saved themselves and helped relegate us. 

But overall they would envy our position. 

SomethingAboutObua

Wealthy town for the region

Excellent links to Glasgow and other towns with facilities eg Motherwell/Ravenscraig 10 minutes drive away

A sports team no one in the area actually gives any thought to

Can't afford offices in the stadium, which they surely only went for initially out of good will 

Scammed out of almost 1million and told the bank TWICE to go ahead with sending the scammers the money, despite the bank's warnings 

Yep, can totally see the council just chucking them that money no strings attached. 

****ing hell, this is a bloody top flight team in Scottish football ffs.

Edited by SomethingAboutObua

9 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Wealthy town for the region

Excellent links to Glasgow and other towns with facilities eg Motherwell/Ravenscraig 10 minutes drive away

A sports team no one in the area actually gives any thought to

Can't afford offices in the stadium, which they surely only went for initially out of good will 

Scammed out of almost 1million and told the bank TWICE to go ahead with sending the scammers the money, despite the bank's warnings 

Yep, can totally see the council just chucking them that money no strings attached. 

****ing hell, this is a bloody top flight team in Scottish football ffs.

my best mates from Hamilon and ive had a few nights out there, i can confirm that, aside from a few very good Indians,its an absolute sheeeeite hole.  bit like leith to be honest.

Edited by TypoonJambo

Neil Dongcaster
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Overall our record against Hamilton is very good including in recent years.

Of course them winning at Ibrox and following it up with another win back up their win and 2 draws against us last season saved themselves and helped relegate us. 

But overall they would envy our position. 

10 wins out of 17 games in the league against them since November 2010 I believe?

You think that’s a great record?