Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Thomaso

• Mikey1874

• Section Q

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bret the Hitman Hearts

All I take away from this is, they aren't viable as a football club.

They're a property management company that happen to own a football pitch.

Goodbye.

Horrible team, horrible pitch, horrible stadium, horrible fans......bye! 👋🏽

Niemi’s gloves

I don’t “hope they die” but it’s hard to see what Hamilton bring to the top division. They have made virtually no impact in cup football in the last few years and, in the league, they do just enough to survive with no ambition to push higher than 10th. There are about 8 clubs in the championship who would bring more to the party and at least two - Falkirk and Partick Thistle - in league one. OK, it was fun to see them relegate Hibs and I wouldn’t begrudge clubs their size the occasional year or two in the top division. But seven seasons! Come on, time to piss off back where you belong.

Pasquale for King

I’m not exactly up to date on rent for offices but THREE HUNDRED GRAND seems to be a lot of public money to waste on this. 
I will be eternally grateful for relegating Hibs but their pitiful support, ground and pitch won’t be missed. 
It might be an idea to recruit whoever is responsible for their youth department though. 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Horrible team, horrible pitch, horrible stadium, horrible fans......bye! 👋🏽

Run by two crooks as well apparently. 

The Old Tolbooth

They could always ask 8,500 of their fans to donate on a monthly basis to help them out of course.... 😉

Die rats! 

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Renting space at Accies’ stadium currently costs just over £300,000-a-year so the board are set to save money with rent at David Dale House set to be around £100,000-a-year.

South Lanarkshire Council are expected to spend £100,000 to “address any dilapidations” with LVJB’s current office in Accies’ North Stand.

1x1.png

SLC currently lease David Dale House but only occupy two of the three floors, meaning space is available for LVJB until August 2030 when the current lease ends.

I have had a few drinks tonight so my digging may be way off.

I checked out the SAA website 

It appears to me that LANARKSHIRE VALUATION JOINT BOARD occupied 1118m2 in NORTH STAND (GRD), CADZOW AVENUE, HAMILTON, ML3 0LU, they are / were the occupier and the tenant was SOUTH LANARKSHIRE COUNCIL HOUSING AND TECHNICAL RESOURCES

Source https://www.saa.gov.uk/search/?SEARCHED=1&SEARCH_TABLE=valuation_roll_cpsplit&SEARCH_TERM=cadzow+avenue%2C+South+Lanarkshire&searchtype=listing&PAGE=1&DISPLAY_COUNT=10&ASSESSOR_ID=&TYPE_FLAG=C&ORDER_BY=PROPERTY_ADDRESS&H_ORDER_BY=SET+DESC&R_ORDER_BY=SET+DESC&ORIGINAL_SEARCH_TERM=cadzow+avenue&DRILL_SEARCH_TERM=South+Lanarkshire&DD_UNITARY_AUTHORITY=South+Lanarkshire&DEBUG_LEVEL=0&SEARCH_METHOD=++&PT=1&&PT=1#results

Now simple arithmetic, apologies for slipping back to imperial but old habits. Rent of £300K for 1118m2 comes to £25 a square foot. Now I have never rented anything in Hamilton and haven't taken out a new lease in Scotland for a few years but £25 seems ridiculously high for Hamilton.

3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Apart from their own beneficial reasons I cannot see why....

I've turned the quote around slightly  but when you look at it that way....

Personally, I thought that was how life,business, on the whole works. 

Edit - of course being the council a duty of care is as important as money, or should be.   Then again, saving costs may have social benefits elsewhere.

Here’s another quote turned around

Your Medicine Take

Shanks said no

As suspected

The going rate in the Hamilton area appears to be between £6-18 per sq ft, with the average cost of office space around £10.

https://www.primelocation.com/to-rent/commercial/offices/south-lanarkshire/hamilton/?floor_area_units=sq_feet&q=Hamilton%2C South Lanarkshire&radius=3&results_sort=highest_price&search_source=refine&view_type=grid

No wonder Hamilton Accies are crapping it, even if they get a tenant they will lose a fortune. 

How a bootiful life led to bitterness for Bernard Matthews

Never thought I'd be celebrating clubs going to the wall and I'll always be grateful to them for relegating Hibs.  On the other hand Hamilton, how did you vote?

Expect no sympathy from here.

SectionDJambo

I’m sure Les Gray will be able to think of something. He’s got lots of pals in the corridors of Scottish football power.

How about moving the SPFL HQ to Hamilton from Hampden?

Not too far outside Glasgow is it?

What goes around comes around, time for the diddy team in Hamilton to take their medicine.  They voted to put Hearts employees out of work to suit their own agenda, so **** them.

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Never thought I'd be celebrating clubs going to the wall and I'll always be grateful to them for relegating Hibs.  On the other hand Hamilton, how did you vote?

Expect no sympathy from here.

This! It's heart warming all the satisfaction of them going bust, the vote isn't going away with our fans, never forget!

manaliveits105

Thanks for giving us such joy when relegating our neighbours but you voted us down during a pandemic  - so cheery bye noo

7 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I have had a few drinks tonight so my digging may be way off.

I checked out the SAA website 

It appears to me that LANARKSHIRE VALUATION JOINT BOARD occupied 1118m2 in NORTH STAND (GRD), CADZOW AVENUE, HAMILTON, ML3 0LU, they are / were the occupier and the tenant was SOUTH LANARKSHIRE COUNCIL HOUSING AND TECHNICAL RESOURCES

Source https://www.saa.gov.uk/search/?SEARCHED=1&SEARCH_TABLE=valuation_roll_cpsplit&SEARCH_TERM=cadzow+avenue%2C+South+Lanarkshire&searchtype=listing&PAGE=1&DISPLAY_COUNT=10&ASSESSOR_ID=&TYPE_FLAG=C&ORDER_BY=PROPERTY_ADDRESS&H_ORDER_BY=SET+DESC&R_ORDER_BY=SET+DESC&ORIGINAL_SEARCH_TERM=cadzow+avenue&DRILL_SEARCH_TERM=South+Lanarkshire&DD_UNITARY_AUTHORITY=South+Lanarkshire&DEBUG_LEVEL=0&SEARCH_METHOD=++&PT=1&&PT=1#results

Now simple arithmetic, apologies for slipping back to imperial but old habits. Rent of £300K for 1118m2 comes to £25 a square foot. Now I have never rented anything in Hamilton and haven't taken out a new lease in Scotland for a few years but £25 seems ridiculously high for Hamilton.

Yes, about double what it should have been pre Covid never mind now. 

3 hours ago, gator said:

This! It's heart warming all the satisfaction of them going bust, the vote isn't going away with our fans, never forget!

Unfortunately it appears the players have

10 hours ago, Alec Eiffel said:

Barsteward, misread the thread title as "Frear's for Hamilton".   Bummer!

🤣🤣🤣 me too!... still good news though!

9 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Maybe a large pharmacy type business could rent the space.

Less travel time to pick up and TAKE your medicine.

Even more environmentally friendly if they can get their methadone from there as well.   This has helped out the Ha back in Hamilton.  There's something crooked about that club.  

12 hours ago, ritchies75 said:

McGowan expressed his “bewilderment” at the decision of South Lanarkshire Council and the Lanarkshire Valuation Joint Board not to renew a 20-year lease.

McGowan warned he would have 168 sleepless nights trying to figure out how to replace the annual rental income, which is worth about £300,000.

£25000 a month to rent some office space at a tinpot football stadium in South Lanarkshire??? Admittedly I'm not clued up on commercial office rent costs but that seems rather steep for what and where it is. Its only public money thet the council are spending though eh and if it helps the local professional football team.....! Id imagine the average player at Hamilton won't be on any more than £800-£1000 a week so that 25k will contribute a fair chunk to their wage bill. Probably just about cover 10 or 12 first teamers wage for a week each month. 

11 hours ago, Sid said:

Edinburgh Cooncil rented a space in our old stand to hold sone old gym kit for a couple of hundred grand when we were in dire straights so don’t knock it. 

Yes.......

But we didn’t go public and cry about it when the agreement ended.

Hamilton are expecting SLC to continue with the deal because Hamilton need it......they don’t give a shit that SLC clearly don’t need it.

Its a ridiculous attitude and to go public with it in an attempt to blackmail the council sums Hamilton up tbh.

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not exactly up to date on rent for offices but THREE HUNDRED GRAND seems to be a lot of public money to waste on this. 
I will be eternally grateful for relegating Hibs but their pitiful support, ground and pitch won’t be missed. 
It might be an idea to recruit whoever is responsible for their youth department though. 

Different era 20 years ago. Councils had more money.

This deal coincides with move to new stadium and was most likely as part of deal for the move.