• WDJ87

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

yes but regardless our next 3 league games are all at home

Sorry, picked ip the wrong end of the stick. Yes. 👍

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

He certainly meant to hit it into the deck.

I didn’t see that at the time on my phone. 
He’s a good finisher in the box, hopefully this will help his confidence and he can keep scoring. 

"There’s the breakthrough and it arrives for Hearts. 1-0.

A deep cross to the back post from Olly Lee finds Jamie Walker unmarked.

The winger volleys the ball down into the ground and it bounces high over McAdams and in at the back post.

Whether Walker was aiming for that or trying to put the ball into an area is debatable, but we’ll give him the benefit of the doubt."

Another assist for Olly Lee.   :rolleyes:

Morton manager David Hopkin: "With the saves Aidan made, he'll be disappointed with the scruffy goal we lost just before the break." 

Class finish David, class finish. 

"I asked the players at half-time to stay in the game, then three minutes later we gave Walker a free run on goal and he scores."    

:qqb011:

Hearts head coach Robbie Neilson: "Morton always make it hard for you, they sit deep and are difficult to break down. The first goal was very important and I felt quite comfortable in the game.

"It's good to get Jamie back to nearly full fitness. He started the season really well then had a wee niggle and came out the team. There's no doubting he has real quality and he showed that with the goals."

:10600:

21 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Morton manager David Hopkin: "With the saves Aidan made, he'll be disappointed with the scruffy goal we lost just before the break." 

Class finish David, class finish. 

"I asked the players at half-time to stay in the game, then three minutes later we gave Walker a free run on goal and he scores."    

:qqb011:

Hearts head coach Robbie Neilson: "Morton always make it hard for you, they sit deep and are difficult to break down. The first goal was very important and I felt quite comfortable in the game.

"It's good to get Jamie back to nearly full fitness. He started the season really well then had a wee niggle and came out the team. There's no doubting he has real quality and he showed that with the goals."

:10600:

Hopkin being very ungracious there, what a pr1ck

With every disrespect to QoS who voted against us, I am already thinking beyond them to Celtic.  If I wish extinction to QoS, that is nothing to what I wish for Celltic.

Having previously said that I didn't give a toss about this game because it wouldn't have even occured had Celtic not have been in contention,  that is now my motivation to want them smashed to pieces.

We can do it.

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

With every disrespect to QoS who voted against us, I am already thinking beyond them to Celtic.  If I wish extinction to QoS, that is nothing to what I wish for Celltic.

Having previously said that I didn't give a toss about this game because it wouldn't have even occured had Celtic not have been in contention,  that is now my motivation to want them smashed to pieces.

We can do it.

I know what you mean about the game not taking place but if we beat Celtic it will be among the greatest victories the club has ever had. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

That was decent yesterday, the sort of level we should be able to hit consistently in this league. Still think we’ll piss it in the end.

Jambof3tornado
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t see that at the time on my phone. 
He’s a good finisher in the box, hopefully this will help his confidence and he can keep scoring. 

Dont think confidence is too much of an issue. His workrate and desire are my bigger concerns for him. When he plays like yesterday he is superb but you only get 3 or 4 of those showings a season.

23 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That was decent yesterday, the sort of level we should be able to hit consistently in this league. Still think we’ll piss it in the end.

Decent yes but still far short of being certain to win the league. Like last season, a good few clubs have realised we have problems dealing with long punts and throw ins  into the box. 

28 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Whilst I feel we are still playing with the handbrake on at present, I still expect us to win the Championship by double figures... Even in a truncated season.

Hopefully once Ginnelly returns, we drop the 3rd central midfielder and get a bit of pace and width back in the team.

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Decent yes but still far short of being certain to win the league. Like last season, a good few clubs have realised we have problems dealing with long punts and throw ins  into the box. 

actually with Berra in there I didn’t think we had any problems at all with that.. they tried it many times but I don’t recall it ever looking likely to work.. Berra is perfect for this type of stuff..

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I know what you mean about the game not taking place but if we beat Celtic it will be among the greatest victories the club has ever had. 

Indeed. 

Celtic are there for the taking, they have lost to teams worse than our this season. They have only won 2 out of their last 10 games. Just got to go at them and not be scared, they are rotten and Lennon can't lift them. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Dont think confidence is too much of an issue. His workrate and desire are my bigger concerns for him. When he plays like yesterday he is superb but you only get 3 or 4 of those showings a season.

Fair point, probably why Naismith was constantly cajoling him. 

highlandjambo3
17 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

It's a pre-requisite of the job, no? Very annoying and frustrating that it's our money that's used to pay the tosser though...

Am I right in saying it’s only in the “weeg” that people maned Charles are called Chick........white Fred Perry top, gold chain, stud earring and crease jeans I’d wager..........toss pot.

2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Am I right in saying it’s only in the “weeg” that people maned Charles are called Chick........white Fred Perry top, gold chain, stud earring and crease jeans I’d wager..........toss pot.

Dunno, but you might well be right: I've certainly never encountered a Charles called Chick in Edinburgh or the east side of the country, or anywhere else for that matter. In fact, BBC's own bullploppin' blowhard "St. Mirren supporter" is the only one I've ever heard of...  :dry:

Edited by Auld Reekin'

We must have played well as even Chick Young was fulsome in his praise on Sportscene Results. Even gave us our full Sunday name a couple of times. 

Not like him, at all. 

17 minutes ago, martoon said:

We must have played well as even Chick Young was fulsome in his praise on Sportscene Results. Even gave us our full Sunday name a couple of times. 

Not like him, at all. 

remember it was Morton, not best pals with his second team...

30 minutes ago, martoon said:

Not like him, at all. 

True. 

1 hour ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Dunno, but you might well be right: I've certainly never encountered a Charles called Chick in Edinburgh or the east side of the country, or anywhere else for that matter. In fact, BBC's own bullploppin' blowhard "St. Mirren supporter" is the only one I've ever heard of...  :dry:

Chic Murray? Wiki tells me he was born in Greenock so maybe it's a Glaswegian thing

38 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

remember it was Morton, not best pals with his second team...

True. 

Replied to my own post, by mistake. 😁

43 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Chic Murray? Wiki tells me he was born in Greenock so maybe it's a Glaswegian thing

Random fact: Chic Murrays daughter was in my class at primary school.

J.T.F.Robertson
4 minutes ago, corryjambo said:

Random fact: Chic Murrays daughter was in my class at primary school.

And mine. ;)

Annabelle.

1 hour ago, Musemic said:

Yup, forgot about him.  :icon14:

And then there's that well-know Scotsman (evidence below) Chico Marx, although I believe he was born even further west than Glasgow...   :whistling:

marx-bros-place | Scottish skirt, Man skirt, Bros

17 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Damour won't be match fit, physically, mentally or technically. 

Experience is best served from the likes of Haring, Haliday, Lee.   Damour has good experience of ****ing up, that's it. 

I hope this relieves your fear or worries. 

I keep telling people.

I know he has a bit of catching up to do, but POTY is still there for him

1 hour ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Yup, forgot about him.  :icon14:

And then there's that well-know Scotsman (evidence below) Chico Marx, although I believe he was born even further west than Glasgow...   :whistling:

However, Leonard (Chico) came by his nickname due to his fondness for the ladies in the chorus-line.  One story is that he was discovered by his wife kissing a dancer and when confronted he answered "I was only whispering in her mouth."

42 minutes ago, Alec Eiffel said:

However, Leonard (Chico) came by his nickname due to his fondness for the ladies in the chorus-line.  One story is that he was discovered by his wife kissing a dancer and when confronted he answered "I was only whispering in her mouth."

:thumbsup:

Jambof3tornado
11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fair point, probably why Naismith was constantly cajoling him. 

Yup, and it is needed, and clearly something naisy is happy to do!!!

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Love that - nice variety of angles that you don't usually see on TV. And funky wee tune to go with it. More of that, please, Hearts.

The stream I watched it on was from the other side from the main stand, but I’ve seen footage from there too. Strange they had cameras in both stands. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Yup, and it is needed, and clearly something naisy is happy to do!!!

Yeah he’s a natural at it, he had a good hand yesterday but is also required for his on field coaching. I just wish they would actually do what he says a bit more, I would just to shut him up. 

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah he’s a natural at it, he had a good hand yesterday but is also required for his on field coaching. I just wish they would actually do what he says a bit more, I would just to shut him up. 

He is a nagging moaning old sod, perfect to push others on. Its not just his barking at folk, several times we've seen him, arm around youngsters as they come off at half time explaining this and that. Great asset, even better when he is fit and niggle free.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I only caught about five mins of the Morton stream (through one of the links, no maroon pounds headed Greenock way from me), and it felt like they had just one camera in the far side stand.

That’s the one I watched it on from a stream posted on here, the club social media showed clips yesterday of Walkers goal from the main stand too. It might’ve been the official stream, mines had no commentary just Naismith. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

He is a nagging moaning old sod, perfect to push others on. Its not just his barking at folk, several times we've seen him, arm around youngsters as they come off at half time explaining this and that. Great asset, even better when he is fit and niggle free.

Definitely, he knows when and who to moan at or talk too. He’s going to be a great coach/manager in the future. I think he seems to be a good laugh off the pitch too so they know it’s for their own good and it’s nothing personal.