• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Pasquale for King

• upgotheheads

• WDJ87

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excellent 3 points. Delighted for Jamie Walker who has been getting a hard time on here!

6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Excellent 3 points. Delighted for Jamie Walker who has been getting a hard time on here!

Did you remember your password or something?

4 minutes ago, kila said:

Did you remember your password or something?

iPhone problems that wiped out passwords and info - back to old “Thomaso” when I tried to re-set! 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Thomaso

I thought we played quite well, given how bad the pitch was.  Still like to see more drive from the middle of the park at times but played some reasonable stuff, scored 2 good goals and were solid defensively.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, SevenTay said:

I thought he played well too. Not his fault he didn't get a lot of balls played to him as he made lots of good runs looking for a pass. At one point in the first half he made a great run through the middle and shouted and to Walker who was behind him and  pointed to where he wanted the ball played and Walker passed it back to a defender.

Spot on, our striker whoever it is is feeding on scraps just now. He keeps defences from squeezing up against us, Naismith and to a lesser extent Walker made good use of the space today. 

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on, our striker whoever it is is feeding on scraps just now. He keeps defences from squeezing up against us, Naismith and to a lesser extent Walker made good use of the space today. 

19 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

I thought we played quite well, given how bad the pitch was.  Still like to see more drive from the middle of the park at times but played some reasonable stuff, scored 2 good goals and were solid defensively.

Wighton?

1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

He had a first time volley from a long ball and if the keeper had not pulled off a fantastic save, people on here would be raving about it. defo wasn't missing imo. Think James Keatings volley at Tynecastle v (i think) QoS (a team in blue)?? only difference was it didn't go in.

Exactly! Some things never change on here though 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Wighton?

Yeah, did well today but only had one chance created for him.
He made some good runs in behind, something Boyce steadfastly refuses to do.
Teams let Smith have the ball because they know he’s unlikely to create anything, much like they did with the manager all those years ago. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

He had a first time volley from a long ball and if the keeper had not pulled off a fantastic save, people on here would be raving about it. defo wasn't missing imo. Think James Keatings volley at Tynecastle v (i think) QoS (a team in blue)?? only difference was it didn't go in.

It would’ve been a great goal, he wants that ball all the time but it’s only really Irving that can execute it. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah, did well today but only had one chance created for him.
He made some good runs in behind, something Boyce steadfastly refuses to do.
Teams let Smith have the ball because they know he’s unlikely to create anything, much like they did with the manager all those years ago. 

Wighton is fulfilling his potential, no doubt we'll let his contract run down and we'll lose him for nowt. I hope we get him signed up soon for a couple of years at least. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

Wighton is fulfilling his potential, no doubt we'll let his contract run down and we'll lose him for nowt. I hope we get him signed up soon for a couple of years at least. 

He needs to score a few more goals to be honest but we’re still not creating much. A definite success story under the new manager no doubt about that.  He still makes silly decisions but he might well get a new deal. If not he’s guaranteed to go on and make us rue not signing him. 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Boof said:

Any highlights programme anywhere?

Do SPFL Youtube still do this sort of thing? Do they still exist? Did they ever?

I’m hoping there’s something, I wasn’t sure if Walker meant his first goal but the still shots on our social media looks like he did. 

Tennant's  6's
34 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Good to hear that he had a decent game. Would be good if he could finally be the player that people thought he would be.

I'm kinda hoping that most of the squad are out of contract in the summer, chance to clear them out or for them to finally do their best to stay. 

31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m hoping there’s something, I wasn’t sure if Walker meant his first goal but the still shots on our social media looks like he did. 

Ha ha ha. Gutted we won and going by still shots to fit an agenda.

Sorry Hearts won AGAIN to spoil your weekend.

Top of the league and if I’m not mistaken our next 3 league games are at home to Q of S, Ayr and Arbroath.

we could have a ice league going into the new year.

3 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Good win and back where we should be. 

Self-entitled type post imo.

2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

How did we not score more than 2?

Because we scored 2.

2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

iPhone problems that wiped out passwords and info - back to old “Thomaso” when I tried to re-set! 🤷‍♂️

Good to have the old Shomato back, Shomato. 

Guest ToqueJambo
51 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Are you suggesting it was an attempted cross? He volleyed the ball towards goal in an attempt to score a goal and it went in, so he definitely meant it.

15 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Top of the league and if I’m not mistaken our next 3 league games are at home to Q of S, Ayr and Arbroath.

we could have a ice league going into the new year.

We miss a game due to the cup final though. 

1 hour ago, Boof said:

Any highlights programme anywhere?

Do SPFL Youtube still do this sort of thing? Do they still exist? Did they ever?

Highlights on Hearts TV now but unavailable until midnight

14 minutes ago, smiler said:

Self-entitled type post imo.

Because we scored 2.

Good to have the old Shomato back, Shomato. 

👍

Consistency Hearts.  We've had to become accustomed to encouraging performances followed by rubbish.

Let's see a good performance against QoS next week, they voted against us, followed by tearing Celtic to shreds and winning a lovely big, shiny Cup.

3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Consistency Hearts.  We've had to become accustomed to encouraging performances followed by rubbish.

Let's see a good performance against QoS next week, they voted against us, followed by tearing Celtic to shreds and winning a lovely big, shiny Cup.

I'll drink to that,hic.

Edited by David Black

I'd like to see the walker volley in better detail.   He did a volley versus hibs in the semi.   Consequently ****ed his ankle, went off later.  I think he kicked it too hard.   Perhaps this alternate technique was a way to save his ankle and make the opposition keeper work to save it.   It was fortunate it looped perfectly over.  

I thought at the time it looked a fluke.   I am still delighted it went in. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Thought our finish was pish to be honest. 

The huge upside,  we gave ourselves proper chances this week. The attitude was good and we played as an aggressive team, so much more like it

54 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We miss a game due to the cup final though. 

Not according to the published fixtures Dave -

Q of S (h)

Celtic (final)

Ayr (h)

Arbroath (h)

olivialinnell

Hopefully 15-20 minutes of Ginnelly in the QOS game to ease the mental side of the game back a little after a wee niggle...

Scared at the thought of Damour being available for Celtic, and think Neilson may side with him due to experience.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Are you suggesting it was an attempted cross? He volleyed the ball towards goal in an attempt to score a goal and it went in, so he definitely meant it.

:lol:

Definitely shot at goal.

If he meant to hit into the ground to bounce it into the top corner, he is far better player than I have ever given him credit for.

His 2nd was a lovely goal.

@Pasquale for King

13 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Not according to the published fixtures Dave -

Q of S (h)

Celtic (final)

Ayr (h)

Arbroath (h)

Do the other teams not play the weekend we are in the final?

14 minutes ago, olivialinnell said:

Hopefully 15-20 minutes of Ginnelly in the QOS game to ease the mental side of the game back a little after a wee niggle...

Scared at the thought of Damour being available for Celtic, and think Neilson may side with him due to experience.

Damour won't be match fit, physically, mentally or technically. 

Experience is best served from the likes of Haring, Haliday, Lee.   Damour has good experience of ****ing up, that's it. 

I hope this relieves your fear or worries. 

Edited by HMFC01

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

:lol:

Definitely shot at goal.

If he meant to hit into the ground to bounce it into the top corner, he is far better player than I have ever given him credit for.

His 2nd was a lovely goal.

@Pasquale for King

The camera work wasn’t the best, I didn’t even see it bounce but I’m watching it on my phone 🙈

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We were supposed to play Raith on the 19th, we now play them at home on 23/1&26/1 away. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

We were supposed to play Raith on the 19th, we now play them at home on 23/1&26/1 away. 

So we will be a game behind until then. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So we will be a game behind until then. 

Indeed. I think it was rearranged a few days ago 👍🏽. Another back to back game against the same club 😃

Just now, jonesy said:

If we play to our potential until then, it could well be a double-header that sees us start opening up a 2014-style gap.

That would be very good. 

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Is the cup final only live on Premier Sports?

32 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

No it's on BBC one too.

It’s on both 👍🏽

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

I'd like to see the walker volley in better detail.   He did a volley versus hibs in the semi.   Consequently ****ed his ankle, went off later.  I think he kicked it too hard.   Perhaps this alternate technique was a way to save his ankle and make the opposition keeper work to save it.   It was fortunate it looped perfectly over.  

I thought at the time it looked a fluke.   I am still delighted it went in. 

He certainly meant to hit it into the deck.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

yes but regardless our next 3 league games are all at home