***Official Morton v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

The three points will do, however we get them, but hopefully some players have spent the week looking in the mirror and we get a proper reaction to Alloa.

2-0 or 3-1 to us. Will Ginnelly be back?

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Pasquale for King

• upgotheheads

• WDJ87

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I think there will be goals this time, not zero zero.   Ginnelly surely has to get some minutes this week, a full ninety next week.   A conscious effort with oomph would be desirable.   Three points hopefully. 

I'll go 2-1 to hmfc.   

No to Ginelli.  I saw an EEN article where Neilson said that about 99 of our players were suffering niggling and frustrating injuries but then added that he thought they would all be fit for this game.

I want us to win for 5 or 6, of course I do, but given that we have reverted to Hearts 0 at half time, I'll settle for 2-1.

I think if Ginnelly is out again he's had it for the cup final, at least in terms of starting.  We can't be risking players who aren't up to speed.

Is Halkett ok after last week?

Big performance needed, we need to start with a good tempo.  Most importantly we need to win, if we win here we capitalise on Dunfermline playing Raith and then we have 3 home games in a row.

Takes me back to the 70/80’s this one, always a niggly affair on and off the park. I’ve no idea how it’s going to go but these players really need to start producing much better performances and results will follow.

4 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Yeah, I think there will be goals this time, not zero zero.   Ginnelly surely has to get some minutes this week, a full ninety next week.   A conscious effort with oomph would be desirable.   Three points hopefully. 

I'll go 2-1 to hmfc.   

Before my prediction a question ( not a pop at HMFC01) when did ZERO replace NIL in Scottish fitba terminology? Always been, two-nil, four -nil ,even nil -nil ???

anyway , morton nil , Heart of Midlothian 3,

last time I was in greenock a certain Mr Clark made his goal scoring debut ( 1984/5 season ?), a proper old fashioned centre forward 

On a bit of a downer with recent performances - hope for a win but a 0-1 defeat would not surprise me.

On the evidence of our two away league performances so far, I’m not yet convinced we have it in us to win a lot of games on the road this season. In any case we’re talking about a club whose away form has been appalling since the Jurassic era.

Against Morton the minimum requirement is blood, swear and tears, whether we win, lose or draw. If we don’t see every player giving absolutely 100% on Saturday we’ll know the five-year malaise is still with us.

I want to see every single one of these indolent, overpaid mother****ers coming off the pitch coated in glaur and covered in bits of their opponents.

A hard fought 0-1 win. 

Team for me if all fit and available would be. 

Gordon 

Smith Halkett Berra Kingsley 

Ginnelly Haring Irving Moore

Boyce Wighton

2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Squeaky bum late 1 nil.

Another dire performance but 3 points all the same.

Yip. Remember getting a 5-3 doing there and the skylights of the bus being smashed by lumps of concrete throwing from a bridge that crossed that long road that runs by Cappielow. I hope the game goes ahead. Weather not looking to good.

Robbie talking of poor surface and tight pitch in the papers. Halkett fit and Ginelly probably on the bench. 1 nil Hearts , Boyce.

19 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

A hard fought 0-1 win. 

Team for me if all fit and available would be. 

Gordon 

Smith Halkett Berra Kingsley 

Ginnelly Haring Irving Moore

Boyce Wighton

I would be delighted if that were the team.  Sadly I think I may be disappointed

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Before my prediction a question ( not a pop at HMFC01) when did ZERO replace NIL in Scottish fitba terminology? Always been, two-nil, four -nil ,even nil -nil ???

last time I was in greenock a certain Mr Clark made his goal scoring debut ( 1984/5 season ?), a proper old fashioned centre forward 

I blame Craig Brown. He always used zero instead of nil and it always sounded weird but seems to have caught on.

2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

I was going for a negative, dramatic effect, which it was.   I didn't think nil nil was worthy enough ☺ like a hard fought nil nil compared to a boring zero zero.   Or even a zilcher 😲

😀 👍 

Edited by HMFC01

24 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Robbie talking of poor surface and tight pitch in the papers. Halkett fit and Ginelly probably on the bench. 1 nil Hearts , Boyce.

How does the pitch compare to Tynecastle? 😩

5 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I was going for a negative, dramatic effect, which it was.   I didn't think nil nil was worthy enough ☺ like a hard fought nil nil compared to a boring zero zero.   Or even a zilcher 😲

😀 👍 

Please a 1-0 win, i dont ask for much😕.

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No idea thought Robbie was getting his excuses in early. Unnecessary as my expectation levels have already fallen since  the Dunfermline display.

First and foremost a win.  Hopefully a good performance to lift spirits as we head towards the cup final.  1-0 will do but 2 or 3 would be better.

1 minute ago, TexasAndy said:

First and foremost a win.  Hopefully a good performance to lift spirits as we head towards the cup final.  1-0 will do but 2 or 3 would be better.

With Dunfermline playing Raith a win is important to blunt the neebor challenge. A good win even better. 

Don't think I know of any of the Morton players. On that basis, 2-0 win for them with a couple of non-entities scoring, never to be seen again.

😡

10 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

No idea thought Robbie was getting his excuses in early. Unnecessary as my expectation levels have already fallen since  the Dunfermline display.

Heard the surface mentioned as a pre emotive excuse a couple of times this week.Its not plastic,is it?

tartofmidlothian
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Don't think I know of any of the Morton players. On that basis, 2-0 win for them with a couple of non-entities scoring, never to be seen again.

😡

If they've no ex Hearts or Hibs players who are either over the hill or duffers to start with but are out to prove a point, then that's something in our favour already. We can count out the goal they'd definitely score.

2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Heard the surface mentioned as a pre emotive excuse a couple of times this week.Its not plastic,is it?

Don't think so just poor. Grounds at sea level so hopefully frost shouldn't put the game at risk.

I want some application, blood , sweat and tears.  Come off that pitch with a victory and a sense of pride. Is it too much to ask for ?  These players need to up it and realise what it means to pull on this shirt. 

probably a draw if we stick with the same dross that started at Alloa

Edited by 1971fozzy

tartofmidlothian
1 minute ago, tartofmidlothian said:

If they've no ex Hearts or Hibs players who are either over the hill or duffers to start with but are out to prove a point, then that's something in our favour already. We can count out the goal they'd definitely score.

:rofl: So I look them up and find out Robbie Muirhead and Gary Oliver are both ther.

2 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Gary Oliver and Robbie Muirhead ex Hearts. No idea about any ex Vermin players though somebody called McPake plays for them !

tartofmidlothian
5 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Gary Oliver and Robbie Muirhead ex Hearts. No idea about any ex Vermin players though somebody called McPake plays for them !

Brian McLean was at Hibs for about ten minutes and Dundee United for a season. Jim McAlister, Sean McGinty, they're no mugs at this level. McPake's on loan from Rangers, apparently he was their academy POTY in 2018-19.

Mind you, a team stuffed with internationals and Scottish Premiership players should be more than enough for them.

23 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

😡

Robbie Muirhead and Gary Oliver.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Exactly the same size, first excuse from the Levein playbook. 

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Just looked it up it’s grass, but well used apparently. 

1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

😀 👍 

😀👍🏻

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The last time I was at Morton I think Robertson, Colquhoun and Moore were the front line. 🥴

I'd like to see a Moore playing tomorrow as well.

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The last time I was at Morton I think Robertson, Colquhoun and Moore were the front line. 🥴

Seem to remember being there in midweek 88ish? Or maybe it was winter...it was dark anyway. 😃

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Seem to remember being there in midweek 88ish? Or maybe it was winter...it was dark anyway. 😃

It’s dark at 3.00 in the afternoon in August in Greenock 

3 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Last time I was there Donald Ford scored 3 penalties!

This will be played on a heavy pitch and whilst we may wish to pass the ball quickly etc etc it will be hard to do so

Oh for a Sandy Clark type tomorrow

I just feel this will demand a more 'up and at em' approach as we move into winter and the heavier pitches