SkyQ

davemclaren

Samuel Camazzola
4 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

Not that I'm aware. I've seen offers of £30 before... Best bet is to probably phone and see if an agent can do anything better but I think it's probably unlikely.

Cheers! 👍 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• IronJambo

• Dazo

• Ribble

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mac_fae_Gillie
On 14/12/2020 at 18:35, Norm said:

I see Prime Video is now available through the Sky Q box. Makes things a lot easier for folk like me who don't have a smart telly. 

Very strange as my "Firestick" went u/s on Sunday was about to buy a new one when I saw the Prime Video logo on SkyQ apps so won't bother now, means I get Netflix, Prime, Disney and Youtube all thru same remote..nice.

1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

Just signed up to skyq with sky signature and ultimate tv add on. 

Anyone know if I should able to access box sets on ‘on demand’, or is that now a separate subscription service? 

First time I’ve had sky for a few years. 

Box sets are included with Sky Signature.

So, getting my skyq multiroom installed on 29/12 which is fine. 

I’ve got a sky box running as freesat from my dish so phoned up to ask if they would install a hybrid lnb so i can still use it. The guy i spoke to today about it said that would be absolutely fine...but i’m not convinced. 🥴

14 hours ago, davemclaren said:

So, getting my skyq multiroom installed on 29/12 which is fine. 

I’ve got a sky box running as freesat from my dish so phoned up to ask if they would install a hybrid lnb so i can still use it. The guy i spoke to today about it said that would be absolutely fine...but i’m not convinced. 🥴

Seems to hit & miss if you ask the engineer for a hybrid when he turns up. Generally get a call or text from the engineer the evening before or on the morning I’d take that opportunity to make it clear then that’s what you need. 

Edited by Dazo

5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Seems to hit & miss if you ask the engineer for a hybrid when he turns up. Generally get a call or text from the engineer the evening morning I’d take that opportunity to make it clear then that’s what you need. 

Thanks. 👍

7 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I’d go as far to say to him that it was part of your order so you’re just making sure he was aware. ☺️

👍

On 14/12/2020 at 18:35, Norm said:

I see Prime Video is now available through the Sky Q box. Makes things a lot easier for folk like me who don't have a smart telly. 

I only got an email this morning. As far as I was aware it was exclusive to virgin as sky nabbed netflix. But hey who care. All set up and no more fighting over watching the boys or teletubbies with the kids! 😁

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/12/2020 at 10:35, Dazo said:

I’d go as far to say to him that it was part of your order so you’re just making sure he was aware. ☺️

Installer was here today and he happily installed a hybrid lnb. SkyQ is a lot smoother to use than Sky+ HD. 

10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Installer was here today and he happily installed a hybrid lnb. SkyQ is a lot smoother to use than Sky+ HD. 

Good stuff. I prefer it by some distance, some people don’t for some reason. Use to be quite a jump in difference between the two user interfaces.  

Edited by Dazo

On 17/12/2020 at 11:50, chubby1973 said:

I only got an email this morning. As far as I was aware it was exclusive to virgin as sky nabbed netflix. But hey who care. All set up and no more fighting over watching the boys or teletubbies with the kids! 😁

I know you said this a while ago.... Sky didn't back netflix though, it's been on the virgin boxes for at least 5 years. Sky q took it to the next level by integrating netflix content into searches though.

3 hours ago, IronJambo said:

I know you said this a while ago.... Sky didn't back netflix though, it's been on the virgin boxes for at least 5 years. Sky q took it to the next level by integrating netflix content into searches though.

Netflix results are part of the search facility on Virgin boxes as well. Unless I’ve misunderstood your point. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Netflix results are part of the search facility on Virgin boxes as well. Unless I’ve misunderstood your point. 

He said he didn't think Prime would make it to Sky as Virgin got it because Sky "nabbed" Netflix (was a typo in my post). My point being that Netflix was on the Virgin Tivo(?) box long before it reached Sky and Sky didn't nab anything. 

8 hours ago, IronJambo said:

You're right. I do remember virgin having it. Although sky marketed it as an exclusive, so that's where I may have gotten slightly confused. More likely a slight twist to the meaning of exclusive I suppose. 

14 hours ago, Tazio said:

I've not seen how Netflix is integrated with Virgin but with SkyQ it's not just by searching that you see netflix content, it's pulled into the same 'recommended for you/because you watched this/new shows' as the rest of Sky's content.

3 hours ago, Ribble said:

I've not seen how Netflix is integrated with Virgin but with SkyQ it's not just by searching that you see netflix content, it's pulled into the same 'recommended for you/because you watched this/new shows' as the rest of Sky's content.

I quite like that it gives recommendations but I never watch Netflix or Prime through Sky Q as my TV's offer a better quality picture for most content. I probably can't see the difference between Sky's HDR offering and the supposedly superior Dolby Vision but I'm going to choose the best option available. 

5 hours ago, Ribble said:

I have noticed though that if you search by using the audio option it only searches Sky, when you use the on screen search you have the option of searching Sky or Netflix, or is this just the way mine is set up?

4 minutes ago, maroonblood said:

I have noticed though that if you search by using the audio option it only searches Sky, when you use the on screen search you have the option of searching Sky or Netflix, or is this just the way mine is set up?

Should search both with voice as far as I know

3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Should search both with voice as far as I know

It's happened more than once, particularly annoying when it brings back films that are free on Netflix but directed to the Sky Store instead.

3 hours ago, maroonblood said:

I get the same. 

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Phone up and negotiate a deal. You should be offered a discount if you pursue one. 

I've done so for years.

TV contract expired and called them a week ago and going up by about £15 a month. Told the best they could do was this price. Will phone this week again to threaten to cancel and see what happens. Don't mind what I was paying and was hoping to get the same deal, but guy would not budge. So much for trying to be the nice guy. 

Stewie Griffin

I used to find sky pretty good to deal with regards getting money off deals however I’ve noticed the last couple of years it’s not been as easy as it used to be. One thing I’ve wondered about is if it has anything to do with Comcast now owning sky and if perhaps it’s come from them not to give out as many money off deals 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Beave1874 said:

TV contract expired and called them a week ago and going up by about £15 a month. Told the best they could do was this price. Will phone this week again to threaten to cancel and see what happens. Don't mind what I was paying and was hoping to get the same deal, but guy would not budge. So much for trying to be the nice guy. 

You don't need to threaten to cancel. When you first call, just tell them you want to be put through to "Retentions". You'll be able to work a better deal depending on what type of package you want. 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Threaten to cancel. We are in difficult times and they should acknowledge that. The Sky folks i have dealt with have always been excellent. Have you subscribed for a long time? 

Mine going up to £130/£140 in June. It'll be up to Sky if they want to keep me or not but I'll be bailing to VM if they don't play ball.

2 hours ago, Stewie Griffin said:

I used to find sky pretty good to deal with regards getting money off deals however I’ve noticed the last couple of years it’s not been as easy as it used to be. One thing I’ve wondered about is if it has anything to do with Comcast now owning sky and if perhaps it’s come from them not to give out as many money off deals 

Not so much to do with Comcast tbh. Sky just moving to a slightly different model with things like Sky VIP incentives rather than discounts off the monthly price, that and Sky are spending much more on their own original content which costs more than simply buying shows from other providers/allowing shows on non Sky Channels. 

Just thought I'd chip in my tuppence worth. Sky gets a lot of bad rep and we all know streams etc are available elsewhere.

But including my broadband I actually find sky Q pretty good value and the Q boxes are great having it l in one place. Plus includes sky box sets etc. 

1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

Just thought I'd chip in my tuppence worth. Sky gets a lot of bad rep and we all know streams etc are available elsewhere.

But including my broadband I actually find sky Q pretty good value and the Q boxes are great having it l in one place. Plus includes sky box sets etc. 

I agree. Got a good deal and Sky Q is excellent value imo with multi-room. 

2 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Mine going up to £130/£140 in June. It'll be up to Sky if they want to keep me or not but I'll be bailing to VM if they don't play ball.

I was paying £79 to Virgin and got a call saying it was going up by £6 to £85. I was about to tell them to stuff it and I’d take a more basic package when they told me they could do me double the broadband to 200mb and give me full Sky Sports while keeping my package with BT for £86. Bizarre to say the least. 

54 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I was paying £79 to Virgin and got a call saying it was going up by £6 to £85. I was about to tell them to stuff it and I’d take a more basic package when they told me they could do me double the broadband to 200mb and give me full Sky Sports while keeping my package with BT for £86. Bizarre to say the least. 

Yeah it's bonkers. I pay £80 for sports(not BT)/movies/kids/netflix/multi room with sky which is decent value. Deals up in June though. Was looking a couple of weeks ago and virgin were offering all that plus BT sport's (less netflix). with 600mbps fibre (compared to my current 79) for £79.

I don't really want to move to VM but I won't hesitate if I'm going to save £50+ pm

On 12/02/2021 at 19:22, sinks said:

Coming to the end of my contract for broadband ,sports and entertainment . Any decent renewal packages going?

Get iptv and save yourself an absolute fortune 👍

4 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Get iptv and save yourself an absolute fortune 👍

I'm sure there's a thread for that. 

22 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

You don't need to threaten to cancel. When you first call, just tell them you want to be put through to "Retentions". You'll be able to work a better deal depending on what type of package you want. 

Cheers for that. Will give that a go this week. It seems only time I am better off is if I threaten to cancel (in the past) which seems a faff. As said happy with what I have had for the last 18 months or so. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, Beave1874 said:

Cheers for that. Will give that a go this week. It seems only time I am better off is if I threaten to cancel (in the past) which seems a faff. As said happy with what I have had for the last 18 months or so. 

I used to give notice to cancel but the last three or four times I've just asked to go through to that area to skip the faffing about. I got my deal secured on a two year term last time including an upgrade to Sky Q. Integrated my Netflix into the one bill and worked out less than the previous deal too. 

Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

I used to give notice to cancel but the last three or four times I've just asked to go through to that area to skip the faffing about. I got my deal secured on a two year term last time including an upgrade to Sky Q. Integrated my Netflix into the one bill and worked out less than the previous deal too. 

Top notch, have Netflix built in also which I think may be the sticking point as cheaper with Sky by quite a bit. 

Samuel Camazzola
31 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

Top notch, have Netflix built in also which I think may be the sticking point as cheaper with Sky by quite a bit. 

@Dean Winchester may be able to advise what promos are on the go for existing customers or a bit of intel regarding what Retentions can sanction. 

You'll be able to transfer any existing billing you have to be consolidated into your Sky Bill. 

Edited by Samuel Camazzola

4 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

@Dean Winchester may be able to advise what promos are on the go for existing customers or a bit of intel regarding what Retentions can sanction. 

You'll be able to transfer any existing billing you have to be consolidated into your Sky Bill. 

Cheers I've been in touch with Winchester, good lad.  

20 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

Cheers I've been in touch with Winchester, good lad.  

There's 25% off codes on TV packs for existing customers 

Dean Winchester

What Ribble said :thumbsup: 

Can't tell you anymore about the retentions team or the offers you might get if you go through with a cancellation I'm afraid as I have no idea. 

7 hours ago, Dean Winchester said:

What Ribble said :thumbsup: 

Can't tell you anymore about the retentions team or the offers you might get if you go through with a cancellation I'm afraid as I have no idea. 

I cancelled a wee while back - wasn't offered anything and no call backs. Guy said I'd been a customer for 18 years 😳

Dean Winchester
6 hours ago, Dunks said:

I cancelled a wee while back - wasn't offered anything and no call backs. Guy said I'd been a customer for 18 years 😳

That's pretty poor. Sorry I can't help out :(

They do have a new offer from today for 35% off TV and Broadband, but as per usual, it's only for new customers. 

Hopefully restrictions will be relaxed soon so I can actually get my sky order installed in my new place.  At least I got the broadband sorted, but the Mrs is going stir crazy without the tv