• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wavydavy

• Hagar the Horrible

• Wee Mikey

• JamboAl

1 minute ago, David Black said:

I might have missed it , but what was the outcome into the SPFL investigation into St.Mirren and Covid.

You want absolutely nothing to do with either of them 👍

Mid Calder Jambo
1 minute ago, David Black said:

I might have missed it , but what was the outcome into the SPFL investigation into St.Mirren and Covid.

image.jpeg.3bac45039d3608efb8d1b6b1934a4cd1.jpeg

3 minutes ago, David Black said:

Both are a plague to humanity 

12 minutes ago, David Black said:

Quote...  The Buddies have revealed that they expect a verdict by the end of November, with the club left sweating over the decision.

End quote...

I can't find any verdict yet.   Perhaps the spfl found something then reported it.   Irony, eh?   🤣 

Edited by HMFC01

10 minutes ago, JamboJoker98 said:

Both are a plague to humanity 

Och, they can always pull through by selling merchadise for their chums. 😁

Screenshot_20201202-112650_Gallery.jpg

20201202_113011.jpg

Edited by Wee Mikey

Pasquale for King

Surely the extra revenue from finishing in the top four will pay for this, hows that going by the way big man eh no 😆😂?

31 minutes ago, David Black said:

Ongoing.

SPFL have effed up their strategy in getting fans back in and I'm sure what really happened can't get back to the SG......

Hagar the Horrible

Please God I hope this is bad, so bad, I promised santa I will be such a good boy in 2021 if this is bad, no more coke and hookers I promise,  Please let them go through a sevco event

18 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Pleasing.

looking forward to Tony Fitzpatricks comments 🤣🤣🤣

Bound to be "Aaaw, Ricky Gilles will end up at Barcelona". 

Edited by martoon

1 hour ago, David Black said:

One is a horrible disease that everybody is desperate to avoid like the plague. The other is Covid.

22 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Please God I hope this is bad, so bad, I promised santa I will be such a good boy in 2021 if this is bad, no more coke and hookers I promise,  Please let them go through a sevco event

🤔 Great news but is it really worth that sacrifice. 🤷

complete control
53 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Surely the extra revenue from finishing in the top four will pay for this, hows that going by the way big man eh no 😆😂?

Did our owner not come out with the same quote about finishing in the top 4 a couple of years ago  ?

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Och, they can always pull through by selling merchadise for their chums. 😁

Screenshot_20201202-112650_Gallery.jpg

20201202_113011.jpg

That is probably the most pathetic scottish football image ever.   

4 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

That is probably the most pathetic scottish football image ever.   

You're right there. 

If you needed proof that Scottish Football is Mickey Mouse or tinpot... the image sums it up perfectly. Sycophant clubs that fall over themselves for the arse-cheeks £'s.

As you say, PATHETIC.

Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

You're right there. 

If you needed proof that Scottish Football is Mickey Mouse or tinpot... the image sums it up perfectly. Sycophant clubs that fall over themselves for the arse-cheeks £'s.

As you say, PATHETIC.

I wonder if the amount they received was worth selling their soul for?  They couldn't have received more than a couple of thousand.   It is completely tragic.   It'll be the football equivalent of a vaccine if they cheating barstewards go bust. 

They know they weren't trying that day and it is unforgivable.  I hope they die a very quick death.  

57 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

It seems the issue is not related to the players and staff more relating to contracts.

Maybe something along the lines of Contractors being registered as limited company and paying themselves dividends etc when perhaps they should be seen as permannent employess and therefore liable for PAYE etc.

That is purely my take on what I have read it might be nothing like that.

Hagar the Horrible

BBC now reporting its historical issues, and that the board approved recomendations before the relevant authorities were contacted  (HMRC)  they have now appointed accountants, to head any wrong doing off at the pass

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It seems the issue is not related to the players and staff more relating to contracts.

Maybe something along the lines of Contractors being registered as limited company and paying themselves dividends etc when perhaps they should be seen as permannent employess and therefore liable for PAYE etc.

Alternatively, it may have something to do with their charitable links with Kibble.

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Non payment of Tax and NI

:pleasing:

Hope they feckin die. 

That could take it up to 2 clubs who are having dealings with the tax man and working out repayments. 

(The other being Rangers who have reportedly arranged a repayment period to catch up on taxes owed).

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Alternatively, it may have something to do with their charitable links with Kibble.

I don't know how long that goes back? Do you?

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I don't know how long that goes back? Do you?

It's quite a recent thing (Jan/Feb) so perhaps unlikely to part of a police investigation this quickly.

SectionDJambo

It could just be that the auditors have found something that an employee or director has been up to within the club. A fraud against St Mirren itself, not a fraud by St Mirren.

Not trying to dampen any enthusiasm for bad things happening to St Mirren but let’s not build our hopes up just yet.

1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Hookers fair enough , but no marching powder , whos going to lead the 90mins of the Olly Lee song.....

3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

It could just be that the auditors have found something that an employee or director has been up to within the club. A fraud against St Mirren itself, not a fraud by St Mirren.

Not trying to dampen any enthusiasm for bad things happening to St Mirren but let’s not build our hopes up just yet.

Let us dream a little bit...

3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

That's how I interpreted it, sadly. Seems the club have called in the fraud squad voluntarily, so I expect someone is about to get rumbled.

52 minutes ago, complete control said:

Did our owner not come out with the same quote about finishing in the top 4 a couple of years ago  ?

Ffs learn to enjoy life occasionally 

2 minutes ago, Locky said:

That's how I interpreted it, sadly. Seems the club have called in the fraud squad voluntarily, so I expect someone is about to get rumbled.

Which members of that 86 last day team are in a position it could be them , any of them will be a nice alternative to St Mirren being goosed

Edited by sadj

Hagar the Horrible

Its SEVERAL historical issues, so I would suggest they have being doing something amiss for a while, but not necessarily on purpose to do aything they deemed illegal, perhaps saw a loop hole? Anyway what if they did it the board recomended it and its now a POLICE matter rather than an engagement with HMRC to explain their misunderstanding and discuss a remedy.  But  Police matter suggest something in the accounts has shown up a clear break of the law and over a period that this has gone unoticed.

The police themselves have stated Financial Irregularities involving a FOOTBALL club, that suggest the club is the focus rather than the victim.  Its word play but here is hoping, could be a good Christmas, with a Cup and St Mirren getting flushed down the dunny

husref musemic
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

the police wouldn't be involved in that.