Shelley Kerr (NHC)

gashauskis9

Coat must be on a shooglie now?  Another pretty shocking result considering the level some of these players are playing at.  

Finland’s winning goal was hilarious mind you 😂

2 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Coat must be on a shooglie now?  Another pretty shocking result considering the level some of these players are playing at.  

Was the lassie greetin because she got a panner or happy at scoring, I wasn't sure 😂

That's another new way for Scotland to lose a game or a way to qualify. 

Can't be many boxes left to tick lol

olivialinnell
1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

Was she genuinely on the shortlist for our managers job? I truly hope not.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
20 minutes ago, olivialinnell said:

Was she genuinely on the shortlist for our managers job? I truly hope not.

No 

4 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

Unlikely as she was not there.  She is self-isolating for 14 days due to COVID-19.   Andy Thomson (who he?) was in charge.

6 minutes ago, Tenor said:

Can someone please explain why nobody seems to be mentioning that this pass was clearly offside before the goal?

Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 06.35.49.png

Because you cannot be offside in your own half. 

Can someone please explain why nobody seems to be mentioning that this pass was clearly offside before the goal?

Offside  in her own half aye? 

Can’t be offside in your own half

7 minutes ago, Tenor said:

Assuming you’re joking? 😂

It reminded me of the goal Man U lost in the CL. Shocking defending.

5 hours ago, Alec Eiffel said:

Unlikely as she was not there.  She is self-isolating for 14 days due to COVID-19.   Andy Thomson (who he?) was in charge.

She's still the manager though. Assuming previous results haven't been up to scratch for OP to make that claim.

2 hours ago, Tenor said:

:rofl: 

6 hours ago, Alec Eiffel said:

A man. It will be his fault. 

The manager cannot be on the pitch and stick the ball in the net herself.

The Scottish team were so wasteful last night and that is fairly and squarely on the players. The goalie was very unlucky at their goal. She made an excellent save and rebounded of the Finnish player's face and goes in.

part_time_jambo
2 hours ago, Tenor said:

More to the point, can someone explain why the whole Scotland team was so far up the pitch? Was it a primary school game?

ps this doesn't mean I give a shit about women's football.

pps. Sorry to the offended out there.

2 hours ago, Tenor said:

:cornette_dog:

The Treasurer
18 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

More to the point, can someone explain why the whole Scotland team was so far up the pitch? Was it a primary school game?

ps this doesn't mean I give a shit about women's football.

pps. Sorry to the offended out there.

They needed to win, it was the 5th minute of injury time

PS. I think you do give a shit but won't admit it  😉

luckyBatistuta
11 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Was the lassie greetin because she got a panner or happy at scoring, I wasn't sure 😂

Definitely not tears of celebration looking at it.

1 hour ago, Haken said:

:cornette_dog:

It could be a reverse “women not understanding the offside rule” joke.

On the other hand...

:notsure:

Borders Jambo
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

The manager cannot be on the pitch and stick the ball in the net herself.

The Scottish team were so wasteful last night and that is fairly and squarely on the players. The goalie was very unlucky at their goal. She made an excellent save and rebounded of the Finnish player's face and goes in.

This.  Scotland were v good but did have a tendency to over elaborate.  The header chance in the second half....   I watched the whole of the game which was good to watch but Scotland were so frustrating in front of goal.

In terms of SK, I think she has proved that she is a decent Coach and I hope her position is not being reviewed as to my mind she has done a good job..  

She is a very good commentator and a Jambo, so has my full support.  

I think if the game had been played at Tynecastle, Scotland would have won.  We all know that Easter Road is the home of losers. 

For my sins, I watched most of the women’s away matches against Finland and Portugal. For all that they have players operating at a higher club level than the other countries, they looked as if they could play all night and not score and that one goal would do it fairly comfortably for the opposition. 

Lots of inconsequential sideways passing, slow build-up, absolutely no penetration and a lack of urgency until they were a goal down. Opponents rarely troubled. It’s as if Kerr had strapped them into their seats beforehand and shown them Scotland - Costa Rica from Italia ‘90 on a loop by way of preparation.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

They needed to win, it was the 5th minute of injury time

PS. I think you do give a shit but won't admit it  😉

Not really a point would have left us still with a chance 4 points behind with 2 games left but your right a win was priority

I have asked this before but watching women's football can be very entertaining. You can clearly see that they have been trained well and the game can be fairly open and entertaining however...

WHAT IS IT WITH WOMEN GOALIES????

ABSOLUTELY GARBAGE!!!!!

ALL OF THEM!!!

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I have asked this before but watching women's football can be very entertaining. You can clearly see that they have been trained well and the game can be fairly open and entertaining however...

ABSOLUTELY GARBAGE!!!!!

ALL OF THEM!!!

the goals are too big, the ladies don’t like that suggestion but there is too much space and the size of the goals should be reduced. 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

the goals are too big, the ladies don’t like that suggestion but there is too much space and the size of the goals should be reduced. 

Nah, its no that. They all look like its the first time they've ever been in goals and cant even do the basics.

52 minutes ago, leginten said:

For my sins, I watched most of the women’s away matches against Finland and Portugal. For all that they have players operating at a higher club level than the other countries, they looked as if they could play all night and not score and that one goal would do it fairly comfortably for the opposition. 

Lots of inconsequential sideways passing, slow build-up, absolutely no penetration and a lack of urgency until they were a goal down. Opponents rarely troubled. It’s as if Kerr had strapped them into their seats beforehand and shown them Scotland - Costa Rica from Italia ‘90 on a loop by way of preparation.

Or maybe she showed them how Hearts played against Alloa.

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, Borders Jambo said:

We all know that Easter Road is the home of losers. 

Unless it's Hearts playing there

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, leginten said:

Or any recent Hearts match

5 hours ago, Tenor said:

😂😂😂😂😂

check the rules of football and you will find your answer. 

The Treasurer
54 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

ABSOLUTELY GARBAGE!!!!!

ALL OF THEM!!!

Keepers do seem to be the weakest part of the womens game, but I'd take any one of them ahead of that huddy we had last season

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s incredible that she didn’t get sacked for her bevvied rant at the players. 

Would have played some discrimination card tbh.

2 hours ago, Pilmuir said:

Or maybe she showed them how Hearts played against Alloa.

2 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Or any recent Hearts match

I didn’t want to go there!

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Keepers do seem to be the weakest part of the womens game, but I'd take any one of them ahead of that huddy we had last season

Absolutely spot on! My wife hates football, knows nothing about it and is in her sixties and she would still have been better than Perreira!