*** Cup Final Ticket Donations to FoH ***

davemclaren

Footballfirst

Stewart Robertson leading a new working group to consider OF Colt teams in the SPFL.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9116655/Rangers-Celtic-given-green-light-fresh-plans-B-teams-entering-Scotlands-League-Two.html

New plans are under discussion for Celtic and Rangers colts teams to enter an expanded 16-team League Two.

A Rangers proposal to admit Old Firm B sides to the senior leagues as part of a league reconstruction blueprint failed to garner enough support from clubs last summer.

Following a request to the SFA’s Professional Game Board, however, Ibrox managing director Stewart Robertson has been given the green light to come up with a fresh bid - with the Glasgow clubs offering up to £1million as part of the agreement.

A working group chaired by Robertson, which includes Steve Brown of St Johnstone, Partick Thistle’s Gerry Britton, Stenhousemuir chairman Iain McMenemy and George Fraser of the Lowlands League, is swaying towards a proposal which would admit two colts teams, two teams from the Highland League and two from the Lowlands League to a bottom division beefed up from ten to 16.

The group have already met twice, with more discussions pencilled in for this month.

The hope is that a paper could be put to club chairmen in time to alter the league structure ahead of next season.

Privately, senior figures within the SFA and SPFL are sceptical that this latest attempt to shoehorn Old Firm youth players into the senior leagues will sway clubs who voted against it in the summer.

To sweeten the pill, Rangers and Celtic propose to pay an initial £125,000 for their B teams to join the league set-up, with further payments making up an overall injection of funds of £1m.

There is also a pledge for the Glasgow clubs to buy a minimum of 200 £15 tickets for every away game.

Both ideas are likely to feature in a revised options paper being put together by the working group.

And, to counter opposition to league reconstruction amongst Premiership and Championship teams, an expansion of League Two is seen as the path of least resistance. 

Sticking points to be resolved include the cash distribution breakdown and a glass ceiling on how high the Colts teams would go in the league set-up.

Concern also surrounds the integrity of the competition amidst fears that the Old Firm could play youth players one week and a handful of first team players the next.

In order to pass, any proposal needs the backing of 75 per cent across the Championship and Leagues One and Two - and 11 in the Premiership.

Edited by Footballfirst

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Jambo-Fox

• soonbe110

• David Black

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Question for the AGM would be how much was made from the virtual ticket donations. Hard to believe it was a round £10k. Marine made more than that at the weekend FA cup game against Spurs. 

30 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Question for the AGM would be how much was made from the virtual ticket donations. Hard to believe it was a round £10k. Marine made more than that at the weekend FA cup game against Spurs. 

Don't agree fans contribute more than enough, plus with covid situation there are far more important issues.

3 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

I made a one off payment for my virtual cup final tickets in November (3 actually as I got a bit confused!) but didn't mention a reason for the donations. It would be not be an accurate figure if they stated £X amount was donated for cup final tickets when there's no way of knowing for sure.  

7 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

I made a one off payment for my virtual cup final tickets in November (3 actually as I got a bit confused!) but didn't mention a reason for the donations. It would be not be an accurate figure if they stated £X amount was donated for cup final tickets when there's no way of knowing for sure.  

Think it will be measured by the difference in the previous months. 

I recall somebody suggested on here  25000 people would buy a ticket and I doubted that. If the 8k FOH members (me included) paid a tenner each it would have been 80k but looks like we are far off that. My payment didn't come off until 23rd December so might show in Januarys figures? 

2 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

Think it will be measured by the difference in the previous months. 

I recall somebody suggested on here  25000 people would buy a ticket and I doubted that. If the 8k FOH members (me included) paid a tenner each it would have been 80k but looks like we are far off that. My payment didn't come off until 23rd December so might show in Januarys figures? 

Shambolic handling of the supporters donations,they should have had a running amount figure to encourage more donations,taking donations for granted and treating with contempt comes to mind! Once bitten eh?

Nelly Terraces
2 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Shambolic handling of the supporters donations,they should have had a running amount figure to encourage more donations,taking donations for granted and treating with contempt comes to mind! Once bitten eh?

Totally agree. It was also very poorly marketed/communicated as I've spoken to quite a few people who never even knew about it, as, may come as a surprise to some, they never come onto Kickback.

10 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Don't agree at all. A running total would have been nice but IMO the FOH didn't take anything for granted and didn't want to ask fans for more money as we put lots into the kitty anyway. Perhaps they thought it best to leave others to spread the word i.e JKB.

Psychedelicropcircle
37 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Don't agree at all. A running total would have been nice but IMO the FOH didn't take anything for granted and didn't want to ask fans for more money as we put lots into the kitty anyway. Perhaps they thought it best to leave others to spread the word i.e JKB.

A polite way of saying the FOH are lazy barstewards!

I realise they have day jobs but I’d say the cup final donate your ticket was initially started on here. 

maybe we could create a payed position to inform us,  although I’d doubt that would be approved by the majority imo 

7 hours ago, 1953 said:

Agree to disagree.