*** Cup Final Ticket Donations to FoH ***

davemclaren

The Hogfather
4 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

If the actual match ticket costs £25, Hearts would likely only get about £10  of that.   So if you want to do the equivalent bit for our club, fire in £10  as a one-off donation.     Many fans want to donate the full ticket price to Hearts, which is fantastic. 👍

Tbh I've raised concerns about the FOH on another thread. I don't donate to them anymore in any circumstance, I don't believe in their ability to take the club forward.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Jambo-Fox

• soonbe110

• David Black

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nelly Terraces

Is there a totalizer for this? Would be good to bash yer cash in in & see a total go up as you do it, as per things like 'Go Fund Me' etc. 

After not reading things properly yesterday and using decimal points, everything is now sorted.

My thanks to Dave and the guys at FOH

I've just been in and bought my Cup Final ticket ( properly this time )

1 minute ago, bean counter said:

After not reading things properly yesterday and using decimal points, everything is now sorted.

My thanks to Dave and the guys at FOH

I've just been in and bought my Cup Final ticket ( properly this time )

👍😄

14 minutes ago, bean counter said:

I was getting that but have now manged to donate

Worked on my tablet a couple of minutes ago too.

portobellojambo1
On 01/12/2020 at 13:04, davemclaren said:

Hearts would have normally made over £500k from tickets for this ( using the 2019 prices of adults £30/£20 and concessions £25/£15 ) so lack of crowds has a big financial impact on the the club for this match. 

Hi Dave

I'll make a donation to this but what I think I'm more interested in is the revelations that came out back when the league was getting wound up early. The story doing the rounds was that Aberdeen voted to end the league early but only based on a guarantee they would get all of the money they expected to get through being one of the 4 cup semi finalists. They should be receiving nothing in terms of potential gate receipts (I'm sure I read they thought they would lose out by around £400,000 or something similar.) If they do end up getting a payment from the authorities it could and should raise a lot more questions. It's a bit like questions that could be asked of those clubs who have not used the covid testing payment for the reasons they received it.

Edited by portobellojambo1

10 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Hi Dave

I'll make a donation to this but what I think I'm more interested in is the revelations that came out back when the league was getting wound up early. The story doing the rounds was that Aberdeen voted to end the league early but only based on a guarantee they would get all of the money they expected to get through being one of the 4 cup semi finalists. They should be receiving nothing in terms of potential gate receipts (I'm sure I read they thought they would lose out by around £400,000 or something similar.) If they do end up getting a payment from the authorities it could and should raise a lot more questions. It's a bit like questions that could be asked of those clubs who have not used the covid testing payment for the reasons they received it.

Never heard that one before to be fair. Doubt you could hide that in either the club or sfa accounts. 

1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Is there a totalizer for this? Would be good to bash yer cash in in & see a total go up as you do it, as per things like 'Go Fund Me' etc. 

Seems to go into overall pot.

Best we will have is the 'uplift' in December's contributions.

I think it would have been a good idea to do be able to see a running total.

13 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

They are aiming to provide an update prior to the final. As you say, I imagine that will be a comparison with ‘normal’ additional payment levels per month. 

Nelly Terraces
3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Yeah, it's a good idea but think they've missed a small trick here, seeing the total go up can build momentum & help get publicity (which of course can create more momentum).

It'll be good to see the difference in the usual contributions nonetheless. 

31 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Yeah, it's a good idea but think they've missed a small trick here, seeing the total go up can build momentum & help get publicity (which of course can create more momentum).

agreed Nelly.. just donated and would love to see this gather momentum and nothing creates that like visibilty / profile .. sometimes quite disappointed by FoH innovation and initiative.. and their admin is lacking.

On 03/12/2020 at 08:00, soonbe110 said:

Yep, you can never have enough safeguards to stop many people making the same careless mistake and then trying to blame others for it. 

I'm not sure anybody is trying to blame others. Just a friendly suggestion on how to improve the system and reduce the workload for the FOH guys having to fix the cock-ups.

On 01/12/2020 at 16:32, Nunya Business said:

I think I’ll give this a swerve. Three weeks before Christmas and the bowl is out again? Nah. 

Bowl out again haha get a grip

On 03/12/2020 at 20:03, Nelly Terraces said:

This is exactly my thoughts. It’s often when you see things going up, and up that more and more people get involved. Close to 1k tickets - you will see flurry of people to get it to the target. Close to 5k - same as above...

Definitely missed a trick if it can’t be worked out.

Put in for a ticket for me and the bairn. Just need a hotel in tier 2 along with a good few other jambos with Naisy holding the cup aloft at the death, for Xmas day/night out. HHGH 🇱🇻

On 03/12/2020 at 14:49, Lone Striker said:

If the actual match ticket costs £25, Hearts would likely only get about £10  of that.   So if you want to do the equivalent bit for our club, fire in £10  as a one-off donation.     Many fans want to donate the full ticket price to Hearts, which is fantastic. 👍

I'd need to check but the gate recipes are totalled, the SFA skim off a certain percentage and release the remaining funds equally amongst the clubs.

There is if course VAT implications and differing ticket pricing but I'd imagine more than £10 per ticket goes back to the club.

But every contribution helps.

👍

Edited by DETTY29

36 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I'd need to check but the gate recipes are totalled, the SFA skim off a certain percentage and release the remaining funds equally amongst the clubs.

There is if course VAT implications and differing ticket pricing but I'd imagine more than £10 per ticket goes back to the club.

👍

We would get the same amount from the tickets that Celtic sell so hopefully they are donating to FoH as well. 😄

The Hogfather
3 hours ago, J80MBO said:

Bowl out again haha get a grip

You know what, you're right. Your reasoned and well thought out point has totally changed my perspective on the matter. Have you ever thought about becoming involved in hostage negotiations? You're clearly missing a trick here.

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

👍

£25 ticket is £21 after vat deducted.  SFA take 20% I think so that’s down to £17 which is shared between both clubs.  So if £25 is the average face value of a ticket we get roughly £8/9 for each ticket sold 

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

£25 ticket is £21 after vat deducted.  SFA take 20% I think so that’s down to £17 which is shared between both clubs.  So if £25 is the average face value of a ticket we get roughly £8/9 for each ticket sold 

Of ours, but also from Celtic sales too, surely.....

So with a 50.50 split, less SFA cut, ultimately you retain your own sales share.

Edited by DETTY29

3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Of ours, but also from Celtic sales too, surely.....

So with a 50.50 split, less SFA cut, ultimately you retain your own sales share.

Correct.

• davemclaren pinned this topic
5 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

I log in,go to to cup final pledge then asks if I want to log out ? Nothing else.

I think that’s because you log in first. 

• davemclaren unpinned this topic
24 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

I log in,go to to cup final pledge then asks if I want to log out ? Nothing else.

Yeah, log out then go via the cup final donations link then select gocardless pledger and it asks you to log in. 

£30 from me 👍 What a laugh reading through this!! 🤣 Hoping everyone falling foul of the decimal point problem gets their issues resolved but absolutely hilarious at the same time! Easy to spot the h1b5 fans on this thread too 👀 😄

Say What Again

Donation made. 

like the others above, I’d like to have seen a separate Cup Final total 😞

Hardly the end of the world but it would have been great to see the pot going up ☺️

On 05/12/2020 at 11:04, soonbe110 said:

So if we pay £25 to FOH, we get the lot instead of around a third of that total.  It's a no brainer for me.  Even if some people decide to pay a tenner to FOH, they're still giving a bit more to Hearts than we would have got from paying £25 for a ticket.

I made a £30 one-off pledge through the normal channels before the cup final initiative was announced, and was annoyed that I'd jumped the gun, as my reading of the announcement was that we'd be able to identify how much money FOH raised specifically from fans donating cup final expenditure to FOH.  From some of the posts above it appears we can't actually separate the cup final donations from any other donations.

If so, that's a tad disappointing, but not the end of the world, as we'll see the impact on the overall total donations during this period, compared to previous months, so can at least make a reasonable estimate at how much extra was raised from cup final ticket donations.

The Treasurer
On 03/12/2020 at 14:55, Nunya Business said:

Tbh I've raised concerns about the FOH on another thread. I don't donate to them anymore in any circumstance, I don't believe in their ability to take the club forward.

If you no longer believe in the FoH abilities, what is your alternative plan to take the club forward.

Genuine question.

Mods

I don't want to derail this thread so please delete my post if you think it might take things off topic

55 minutes ago, RobNox said:

So if we pay £25 to FOH, we get the lot instead of around a third of that total.  It's a no brainer for me.  Even if some people decide to pay a tenner to FOH, they're still giving a bit more to Hearts than we would have got from paying £25 for a ticket.

I made a £30 one-off pledge through the normal channels before the cup final initiative was announced, and was annoyed that I'd jumped the gun, as my reading of the announcement was that we'd be able to identify how much money FOH raised specifically from fans donating cup final expenditure to FOH.  From some of the posts above it appears we can't actually separate the cup final donations from any other donations.

If so, that's a tad disappointing, but not the end of the world, as we'll see the impact on the overall total donations during this period, compared to previous months, so can at least make a reasonable estimate at how much extra was raised from cup final ticket donations.

Yes, and the donations will nearly all be in December so it should be easy to work out a rough number for final ticket donations when comparing Decembers total pledges with November’s. Ideally they should be able to tell us a rough number day or so before cup final. 

August Landmesser

Needs a Blue Peter style totaliser imo, in the shape of the Maroon Boaby, ready to bend it up the Hooped Demons and their pals in the SFA/SPFL

The Hogfather
3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

If you no longer believe in the FoH abilities, what is your alternative plan to take the club forward.

Genuine question.

Mods

I don't want to derail this thread so please delete my post if you think it might take things off topic

I don’t have an answer to that question, but I couldn’t tell you who should’ve been the manager when Levein left, doesn’t mean I was wrong for wanting him removed. 

On 01/12/2020 at 12:11, davemclaren said:

Following discussions on here, and our discussions with them, FoH have set up an initiative to allow supporters to donate an amount in lieu of a cup final ticket in support of the club, should you so wish. 

Details can be found here. 

please note DO NOT KEY IN A DECIMAL POINT OR PLACES!!!!

https://www.foundationofhearts.org/cup-final-donations/

Still ongoing. 

The Treasurer
14 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I don’t have an answer to that question, but I couldn’t tell you who should’ve been the manager when Levein left, doesn’t mean I was wrong for wanting him removed. 

I didn't say if you were right or wrong, I just wanted to know if you had an alternative plan

The Hogfather
14 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I didn't say if you were right or wrong, I just wanted to know if you had an alternative plan

Nope. But I feel they’re far too cosy in their roles and I don’t see anything from them to suggest they’re ambitious enough to take us to the next level. 

Hagar the Horrible

Anyhoo  cost of cup final ticket donated as per the link,  Is there an update on how much has been raised and will it be published to the SMSM as a GIRFUY to the SFA just before the final???

Glad to do so,  Even if only 5000 donate an average of £20  its £100k tax free and we dont have to give a cut to Celtic or the SFA

Making my ticket donation later today  (after putting  tape over the decimal point key 😜 )  ...... and if we win the damn thing on the 20th, a "thank you" donation will be going in once I've come down off the living room ceiling. :jambobanana:

16 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

I donated £30 last week but the money hasn't been taken out my account yet. Anyone else the same?

Mine came out on the same day as my monthly pledge.