• Jambo-Fox

• soonbe110

• David Black

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Email them at,   [email protected]

Dave

I E mailed them yesterday as you suggested I then E Mailed them again today after receiving the E Mail from Go cardless.

So far no response

37 minutes ago, bean counter said:

Dave

I E mailed them yesterday as you suggested I then E Mailed them again today after receiving the E Mail from Go cardless.

So far no response

If you have online banking keep an eye on your account. I thought my issue was resolved but a pending payment for £1200 showed up today. On contacting foh again today they advised speaking to my bank direct to cancel as it was too far gone for  them to cancel at their end.  

Took about 10 minutes on the phone to my banks call centre.

Edited by EIEIO
Spelling

9 hours ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

I pledged £35 for cup final but used decimal point. Now have a £3,500 pledge.  Desperately seeing how to cancel. 

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

If you have online banking keep an eye on your account. I thought my issue was resolved but a pending payment for £1200 showed up today. On contacting foh again today they advised speaking to my bank direct to cancel as it was too far gone for  them to cancel at their end.  

Took about 10 minutes on the phone to my banks call centre.

Quick post to say Stuart from FOH got in touch they are sorting this out

Hopefully everyone that ‘miskeyed’ ( done it myself in the past ) has either had it resolved or it’s at least in the process of being resolved. 👍

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Only because people have keyed in the wrong amount. 

Not FOH fault individual errors. 

That’s harsh, the process is not intuitive! In fact I’d say it’s abnormal! Even now I’m not sure if it’s sorted because today  i got an e mail about the direct debit I set up.... I assume it’s ok and it’s only DD for one payment but can’t see why I can’t just make a payment directly without the need for a DD.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

That’s harsh, the process is not intuitive! In fact I’d say it’s abnormal! Even now I’m not sure if it’s sorted because today  i got an e mail about the direct debit I set up.... I assume it’s ok and it’s only DD for one payment but can’t see why I can’t just make a payment directly without the need for a DD.

You can ! 

Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

The whole gocardless model seems to be based on using DD which is perfect for regular contributions but not so much for one offs. . You can also pay by paypal but I don’t think you get your maroon points that way. 

57 minutes ago, luckydug said:

He’s trolling. Best ignored. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

The whole gocardless model seems to be based on using DD which is perfect for regular contributions but not so much for one offs. . You can also pay by paypal but I don’t think you get your maroon points that way. 

Thanks for the explanation.

Certainly at the beginning of the process you have to select how you pay monthly subs ie gocardless or PayPal. It’s all fine, just a little more tedious than it could be. But it is what is it is (FOH website) and it all goes to a good cause so all’s well that ends well!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

There should be a ‘confirm’ payment option. 
Its ridiculous that it isn’t there to be fair 

You can let FoH know. I think it would save them some effort. 😄

On 01/12/2020 at 12:11, davemclaren said:

Following discussions on here, and our discussions with them, FoH have set up an initiative to allow supporters to donate an amount in lieu of a cup final ticket in support of the club, should you so wish. 

Details can be found here. 

please note DO NOT KEY IN A DECIMAL POINT OR PLACES!!!!

https://www.foundationofhearts.org/cup-final-donations/

Can I just reinforce Dave's point.  I've already posted on another thread where I tried to make a £30 one-off payment, and I keyed in the decimal places and was greeted with a thank you for my donation of £3,000!!   Thankfully it was sorted out super quickly by the folks at FOH.  

10 hours ago, luckydug said:

If you have a system where there are a fair number of the exact same error by users, then you improve the system. 

28 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

If you have a system where there are a fair number of the exact same error by users, then you improve the system. 

Yep, you can never have enough safeguards to stop many people making the same careless mistake and then trying to blame others for it. 

Yes people have made mistakes but the simple problem is there really should be a "confirm " action button before finalizing .

Add In the fact that my confirmation emails do not give me an option to cancel or accept payment to FOH and basically just says thanks for the money. 

Unless of course I have signed up unknowingly to not receiving a confirmation being required.  

I received word back from FOH Barry last night and like the other poster I now need to take this up with my own bank as it has gone too far to stop at their end.

But I do have to reiterate that I did not get an option in emails sent to accept or cancel transaction. 

What i don't understand is that different people seem to be getting different instructions and responses when making a one off donation. When I did it the instruction was quite clear just above the wee box where you type in the donation amount

If you would like to top-up your payments or make a one off payment, please enter the amount in pounds below i.e. enter 10 to donate £10.00.

and others seem not to get the 'accept' or decline' option in the confirmation email. 

The easiest thing imo would be to incorporate a confirm button before the donation goes through. I can't think of anything other financial thing I do online that doesn't do this

1 hour ago, 1953 said:

What i don't understand is that different people seem to be getting different instructions and responses when making a one off donation. When I did it the instruction was quite clear just above the wee box where you type in the donation amount

If you would like to top-up your payments or make a one off payment, please enter the amount in pounds below i.e. enter 10 to donate £10.00.

and others seem not to get the 'accept' or decline' option in the confirmation email. 

The easiest thing imo would be to incorporate a confirm button before the donation goes through. I can't think of anything other financial thing I do online that doesn't do this

That would certainly help prevent these problems. 

17 hours ago, jamboman9 said:

Think I'll give it a miss now 

Just enter the value with no decimals

£25 = 25

And read it before you hit any button.

Easy

Neil Dongcaster
13 hours ago, Zico said:

He’s trolling. Best ignored. 

No. I’m certainly not trolling. I’m pretty sure that the admin of this website who I’d imagine is well versed in IT made the same mistake?

As another poster pointed out, it’s happening too many times to be individual error. 

Edited by Neil Dongcaster

27 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

No. I’m certainly not trolling. I’m pretty sure that the admin of this website who I’d imagine is well versed in IT made the same mistake?

As another poster pointed out, it’s happening too many times to be individual error. 

Your first and subsequent posts on this thread suggest otherwise. 

Neil Dongcaster
1 minute ago, Zico said:

Your first and subsequent posts on this thread suggest otherwise. 

On the contrary, I have backed up my viewpoint. You are simply throwing out off topic derogatory accusations without merit or substance, therefore are the one trolling.

On 01/12/2020 at 12:11, davemclaren said:

Following discussions on here, and our discussions with them, FoH have set up an initiative to allow supporters to donate an amount in lieu of a cup final ticket in support of the club, should you so wish. 

Details can be found here. 

please note DO NOT KEY IN A DECIMAL POINT OR PLACES!!!!

https://www.foundationofhearts.org/cup-final-donations/

Anyway, the link is above if anyone is interested.

Just follow the instructions. 😎

Footballfirst

Something I learned from my time working in IT

"You can't make systems and procedures foolproof, because fools are so ingenious"

Not working for me on my android phone. 

Screenshot_20201203-130357_Chrome.jpg

Easy peasy.  Entered £50, paid with PayPal, it then directed me to regular donations which I ignored and logged out, received confirmation email shortly afterwards.

Edited by colinmaroon

13 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Not working for me on my android phone. 

Screenshot_20201203-130357_Chrome.jpg

This is starting to remind me of being back at work...

Any update re how much donated yet Dave? 

26 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

How many loyalty points do you need to donate in the first phase?

It’s gone straight to general sale.  Remarkable for a cup final. We must be getting the entire stadium. The opposition fans are in the huff from last weekend. 

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s a go card less issue rather than an FOH one. But it does actually say don’t  use decimal point.. 

yep and gives the example of £25.00 meaning £2,500. In bold red letters as well. 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Any update re how much donated yet Dave? 

Not yet. I imagine they are busy cancelling large DDs. :sadrobbo:

On 01/12/2020 at 17:43, Nunya Business said:

The fans have done more than their fair share, asking them to plough even more money into a football club that's been hugely underperforming for the last 5 years is a bit galling for me.

I understand your point (and agree to an extent) - but if fans were allowed to attend the Cup Final, would you buy a ticket ?       If so, Hearts & Celtic  (& the SFA) would each get a slice of your money.   

No-one is actually asking us to make a further donation .....  its simply a topic because many on here wanted to do it.   So the facility is there for anyone who wants to.  

The Hogfather
8 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

I understand your point (and agree to an extent) - but if fans were allowed to attend the Cup Final, would you buy a ticket ?       If so, Hearts & Celtic  (& the SFA) would each get a slice of your money.   

No-one is actually asking us to make a further donation .....  its simply a topic because many on here wanted to do it.   So the facility is there for anyone who wants to.  

Yes, I would. Because I'd be getting a ticket for the game. Paying £25 to sit and watch it in my own house? Nah, not for me.

1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

Yes, I would. Because I'd be getting a ticket for the game. Paying £25 to sit and watch it in my own house? Nah, not for me.

If the actual match ticket costs £25, Hearts would likely only get about £10  of that.   So if you want to do the equivalent bit for our club, fire in £10  as a one-off donation.     Many fans want to donate the full ticket price to Hearts, which is fantastic. 👍

2 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

On the contrary, I have backed up my viewpoint. You are simply throwing out off topic derogatory accusations without merit or substance, therefore are the one trolling.

Ah, the old ‘I know you are but what am I’ argument. Unsurprisingly childish. 

• davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic
  • davemclaren unpinned this topic