*** Cup Final Ticket Donations to FoH ***

davemclaren

1 minute ago, bean counter said:

I've just done the same it's trying to take £ 3,500 I came on here to find help

You should receive an e mail asking you to confirm or cancel! So it will not have gone through! Nerve racking though!

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Jambo-Fox

• soonbe110

• David Black

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Nunya Business said:

However you want to dress it up, the fans are being asked to plough even more money into the scheme in the run up to Christmas when we’re getting nothing back. 

Sorry but the fans are not being asked to donate. As Ethan said it was a suggestion that some of us made and if you want to fine , if you don't , fine, but you are not being asked.

The Treasurer
20 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

The fans have done more than their fair share, asking them to plough even more money into a football club that's been hugely underperforming for the last 5 years is a bit galling for me.

You do understand that this is not compulsory. Everyone is free to choose whether they make this donation or not. 

4 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I’ll be passing on this. The money will be kissed up against a wall. 

Surely more likely to get pissed up the wall if it goes straight to the club?

1 hour ago, Nunya Business said:

I think I’ll give this a swerve. Three weeks before Christmas and the bowl is out again? Nah. 

a) it was our idea, so no bowl

b) it’s in lieu of a cup final ticket we would have probably paid for regardless of the time of year

48 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

The fans have done more than their fair share, asking them to plough even more money into a football club that's been hugely underperforming for the last 5 years is a bit galling for me.

Fair enough, I did say each to their own because I can understand why you might not want to.

I personally feel like I am getting something for my money though in the form of a football club, underperforming or not they still exist because of the fans and things like this.

The Hogfather
34 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

You do understand that this is not compulsory. Everyone is free to choose whether they make this donation or not. 

Yup. Just as free as others are to raise concerns. 

7 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

What’s concerning about being given an option to donate the price of a cup final ticket?

8 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Why would you though? If you don't want to participate, don't. What difference does it make to you if you have no interest in it? 

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, buzz said:

What’s concerning about being given an option to donate the price of a cup final ticket?

I just think it’s a bit strange that the only real fan engagement we’ve had between JKB and the FOH is to ask people for more money. 

Just now, pablo said:

Why would you though? If you don't want to participate, don't. What difference does it make to you if you have no interest in it? 

I’ve no interest in contributing to the HSL, but that doesn’t preclude me from making comments on how small time it is. 

Each to their own whether they decide to donate or not but if you were intending on attending the game if times allowed us to do so then I can't understand why anyone wouldn't. 

1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

I just think it’s a bit strange that the only real fan engagement we’ve had between JKB and the FOH is to ask people for more money. 

I’ve no interest in contributing to the HSL, but that doesn’t preclude me from making comments on how small time it is. 

"Begging bowl, galling, concerning, strange, small time"

It's a system for fans to voluntarily donate the price of a cup final ticket direct to FOH in lieu of attending the match.

Weird stance to take. 

The Hogfather
Just now, pablo said:

"Begging bowl, galling, concerning, strange, small time"

It's a system for fans to voluntarily donate the price of a cup final ticket direct to FOH in lieu of attending the match.

Weird stance to take. 

The small time comment was clearly directed at the HSL, but then, you knew that.

If you're only interested in reading good things about the Foundation, perhaps you shouldn't use the internet to do so. You might not like what you see.

3 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Oh sh1t ..... just made a one off payment equivalent to West Stand ticket ie I clearly typed £20.00 (and I know I never made a mistake because I tripled checked it)

BUT

its taken £2,000!! 

What a farce HELP does anyone on here no how to stop it .... marriage at risk - URGENT

Now now don’t be hasty. Think of all these maroon points you’ll get in return 🇱🇻

Neil Dongcaster
54 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Surely more likely to get pissed up the wall if it goes straight to the club?

Autocorrect. :(

4 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Oh sh1t ..... just made a one off payment equivalent to West Stand ticket ie I clearly typed £20.00 (and I know I never made a mistake because I tripled checked it)

BUT

its taken £2,000!! 

What a farce HELP does anyone on here no how to stop it .... marriage at risk - URGENT

Think of the positives.  You’ve just broke through the tier that triggers a home visit and photo shoot with the groundsman and catering manager.  

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Ill donate if the team manage to beat Morton this week.

If they dont they can go and take a running jump.

That’s the seedling of a very good idea 😆 

31 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

That’s the seedling of a very good idea 😆 

If only that would motivate the players. 🥴

The Treasurer
12 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Ill donate if the team manage to beat Morton this week.

If they dont they can go and take a running jump.

Get this pinned to the dressing room wall.

We need something to motivate that lot

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Get this pinned to the dressing room wall.

We need something to motivate that lot

I’m not convinced many footballers, at all, would be motivated by this at any club, sadly. 

I pledged £35 for cup final but used decimal point. Now have a £3,500 pledge.  Desperately seeing how to cancel. 

Italian Lambretta
12 minutes ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

I pledged £35 for cup final but used decimal point. Now have a £3,500 pledge.  Desperately seeing how to cancel. 

Thanks for your pledge thats extremely generous:pleasingao:

Blatantly, the FoH and GoCardless need to sort "decimalplacegate" out, and pronto!

Edited by Pans Jambo

18 minutes ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

It takes several days to process so no immediate panic. Email them at,   [email protected]

5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Blatantly, the FoH and GoCardless need to sort "decimalplacegate" out, and pronto!

It’s not a great ‘feature’ but I imagine it’s part of the default payment gateway they get from GoCardless. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

It’s not a great ‘feature’ but I imagine it’s part of the default payment gateway they get from GoCardless. 

I realise that Dave but surely its an easy fix by CG. Its just software :whistling:

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

I realise that Dave but surely its an easy fix by CG. Its just software :whistling:

Just software... 😲

43 minutes ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

If you used the Go cardless option you should get an e mail asking if you want to approve your donation. 

If you do not approve the donation will not be charged. 

At least that's what it said on the

e mail I received. 

I used the go careless option. Email came through saying 

To confirm amount above is £3,500

But nothing there like a link to click on. 

6 minutes ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

I Dont think you will be charged unless you approve. 

It was different for me because I wanted to approve so I can understand your reticence in case you click wrong button. 

Best to fire off an e mail to ask advice from FOH. 

Maybe someone from FOH will post on here to clear up any worries people have. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I’m not convinced many footballers, at all, would be motivated by this at any club, sadly. 

Sadly I think you're right.

To most players nowadays it is only a job, who their employer (club) is doesn't matter, as long as the contract is right.

47 minutes ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

Don't worry buddy, many of us have been caught out so blame the system.  :)

As per others, email FOH.  It was a while since I sent £2500 instead of £25, got a quick response and refund.

Checked my bank account about an hour ago 2 pending transaction to gocardless one for £12 another for £1200. Bit shocked as had emailed foh on Friday,  emailed again advised they'd not taken action but better if I contact my bank. Money now back in my account. Alls well that ends well.

Since this is the season of goodwill, wouldn't it be a fantastic gesture if we diverted the monies we get from the SC ticket donation, to St Mirren and help one of our fellow clubs in their hour of need. That's what clubs do don't they? 

1 minute ago, David Black said:

Since this is the season of goodwill, wouldn't it be a fantastic gesture if we diverted the monies we get from the SC ticket donation, to St Mirren and help one of our fellow clubs in their hour of need. That's what clubs do don't they? 

:berra:

Cup final ticket donation done. Notwithstanding the argument about the under achievement on the pitch, with a projected loss for the current financial year they need all the cash we can give them (pleasantly surprised that we avoided a loss last year though).

22 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

You should receive an e mail asking you to confirm or cancel! So it will not have gone through! Nerve racking though!

The E Mail I received today from go cardless just says

Foundation of Hearts is charging you £3,500.00

To confirm, the amount above is "3500 Pounds

13 minutes ago, bean counter said:

The E Mail I received today from go cardless just says

Foundation of Hearts is charging you £3,500.00

To confirm, the amount above is "3500 Pounds

When I made ‘my mistake’ I instantly received an e mail that contained this ..

1D99EFC8-4EE7-4A65-B850-2B4FB5308CAE.jpeg

• davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic
  • davemclaren unpinned this topic