*** Cup Final Ticket Donations to FoH ***

davemclaren

Following discussions on here, and our discussions with them, FoH have set up an initiative to allow supporters to donate an amount in lieu of a cup final ticket in support of the club, should you so wish. 

Details can be found here. 

please note DO NOT KEY IN A DECIMAL POINT OR PLACES!!!!

https://www.foundationofhearts.org/cup-final-donations/

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Jambo-Fox

• soonbe110

• David Black

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just the normal one off donation option. 

I believe it’s getting tracked separately. Also allows non members to donate. 

kingantti1874

100% behind this, things aren’t brilliant on the park at the moment but this is money our club have earned.  In normal circumstances a cup final would be worth somewhere in the region of a million..

maybe if we could raise £200k then it would allow us to bring in a couple of players to which could go some way to securing promotion. 

Hearts would have normally made over £500k from tickets for this ( using the 2019 prices of adults £30/£20 and concessions £25/£15 ) so lack of crowds has a big financial impact on the the club for this match. 

iwasthere1954

Just got the email from FOH and sent my donation. As discussed on KB I donated the value of my ticket. This money is so important to the club.

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I should also add that the reason the payments are being done via the FoH website is to ensure that FoH members get the relevant Maroon Points for their donations. 

Mid Calder Jambo
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Hearts would have normally made over £500k from tickets for this ( using the 2019 prices of adults £30/£20 and concessions £25/£15 ) so lack of crowds has a big financial impact on the the club for this match. 

No reason we can't get 20000 donations to FOH for the tickets. A great idea and shuld be available for all away games.

The Treasurer
29 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I should also add that the reason the payments are being done via the FoH website is to ensure that FoH members get the relevant Maroon Points for their donations. 

Win,win.

Well done to all those who have made this possible.

Maybe a bit more publicity for this outwith FoH and JKB might be worthwhile to ensure maximum numbers are aware of this great initiative for those fans that will want to be part of this but are not either pledgers or on JKB

Mid Calder Jambo
1 hour ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Just got the email from FOH and sent my donation. As discussed on KB I donated the value of my ticket. This money is so important to the club.

Spot on. I did it for the semi a well. My only minor niggle was it took the dosh with my normal pledge when relly i would have preferred it to have gone right away. Just me being moany.

4 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

No reason we can't get 20000 donations to FOH for the tickets. A great idea and shuld be available for all away games.

I'm all for the idea but I think even 10,000 donations might be ambitious.

Mid Calder Jambo
3 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I'm all for the idea but I think even 10,000 donations might be ambitious.

Just tweeted it out so lets see how we get on. Not that I have a lot of followers but every little helps.

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I take it it’ll be getting tracked via the amount donated I.e.£30 for the ticket? I can’t see anything on the drop down that specifically says match ticket or the like, which may sound petty, but would have been nice as it would have felt a bit better that way.

Just now, jambo-in-furness said:

A bit late for me,  I pledged an extra £44 last week for the final ticket I won’t see.

You’ll still get your points though.

Oh sh1t ..... just made a one off payment equivalent to West Stand ticket ie I clearly typed £20.00 (and I know I never made a mistake because I tripled checked it)

BUT

its taken £2,000!! 

What a farce HELP does anyone on here no how to stop it .... marriage at risk - URGENT

jambo-in-furness
1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You’ll still get your points though.

Aye but,  it won’t show as a cup final pledge when the club/FOH announce the total ticket receipts,  and I would’ve liked that just to annoy the hobos who are envious of our cup final exploits. 😊

1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Oh sh1t ..... just made a one off payment equivalent to West Stand ticket ie I clearly typed £20.00 (and I know I never made a mistake because I tripled checked it)

BUT

its taken £2,000!! 

What a farce HELP does anyone on here no how to stop it .... marriage at risk - URGENT

61E255D8-517F-4A5B-BD3C-6A6B83F41E2F.jpeg

The Treasurer
7 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

BUT

its taken £2,000!! 

Hearts are for life, you could always get married again. 😉

2 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

I think you may have to call your bank

I think it’s sorted ... looks like FOH have programmed it so an e mail is sent out asking you to confirm payment. Following the link then gives option to approve or cancel ... I chose the latter .... marriage is saved!

EC31F712-8C3D-4820-8CBF-A87BF02BC9A5.jpeg

Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

I think it’s sorted ... looks like FOH have programmed it so an e mail is sent out asking you to confirm payment. Following the link then gives option to approve or cancel ... I chose the latter .... marriage is saved!

EC31F712-8C3D-4820-8CBF-A87BF02BC9A5.jpeg

27C0B898-8D74-4238-9E27-F80324CDA57B.jpeg

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Hearts are for life, you could always get married again. 😉

She knows that! The three important things in my life are;

1. Hearts

2. Going to the pub

3. Family

In that order because thats the order they came into my life!

All BE WARNED ... it looks like the one off donation section chooses to ignore the full stop between the pounds and the pence Eg

£1.00 gets converted  to £100

£20.00 to £2,000

£50.00 to £5,000

Etc

BE WARNED 

1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

All BE WARNED ... it looks like the one off donation section chooses to ignore the full stop between the pounds and the pence Eg

£20.00 to £2,000

£50.00 to £5,000

Etc

BE WARNED 

I suspect you are not meant to be donating pence. We ain't Hibs!

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I suspect you are not meant to be donating pence. We ain't Hibs!

All sorted and donation equivalent of a seat in the West Stand made

.... “when the Hearts go up to lift the Scottish Cup we’ll be .......”!

9 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

£20.00 to £2,000

£50.00 to £5,000

Etc

BE WARNED 

The instructions say not to do that!! No decimal point or pennies allowed  😎

if you email the address below they will fix it. 

[email protected] 

7 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I think I’ll give this a swerve. Three weeks before Christmas and the bowl is out again? Nah. 

It was an idea suggested on here. No bowl out, FOH are merely reacting to positive suggestion by a JKB member.

The Hogfather
10 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It was an idea suggested on here. No bowl out, FOH are merely reacting to positive suggestion by a JKB member.

However you want to dress it up, the fans are being asked to plough even more money into the scheme in the run up to Christmas when we’re getting nothing back. 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

£20.00 to £2,000

£50.00 to £5,000

Etc

BE WARNED 

Some of us did this for the Alloa game £12.00 is one thing but £1200 is quite another. 

51 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The instructions say not to do that!! No decimal point or pennies allowed  😎

if you email the address below they will fix it. 

[email protected] 

This is true!! However tbh I never noticed them! 10 = £10, it’s quite simple really! 
I suspect I’m not the first person that this has happened to .... and that’s why it’s a two step verification process  with step 2 in an e mail link asking for ‘Confirmation’ or ‘Cancellation’!

The good news is I’ve paid for my ticket so I’ll be off to the final it will be my 12th (SC & LC) final in a row!!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Nice one.  Not sure how it can be tracked separately though (I donated the Alloa money and intend to do likewise for Morton, so the cup final one will just go in the mix. No matter it’s a great idea. I’ll donate £20 

FTH

9 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

This is true!! However tbh I never noticed them! 10 = £10, it’s quite simple really! 
I suspect I’m not the first person that this has happened to .... and that’s why it’s a two step verification process  with step 2 in an e mail link asking for ‘Confirmation’ or ‘Cancellation’!

The good news is I’ve paid for my ticket so I’ll be off to the final it will be my 12th (SC & LC) final in a row!!

Instructions aside as many don't read instructions, I believe it's a wee weakness in the website.

It would be safer if you got a confirmation pop-up box before it records your donation.

Just now, Nobreath said:

Instructions aside as many don't read instructions, I believe it's a wee weakness in the website.

It would be safer if you got a confirmation pop-up box before it records your donation.

I agree it’s not great. It’s always been like that since launch of foh - I’ve been caught out twice so far. 

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Win,win.

Well done to all those who have made this possible.

Maybe a bit more publicity for this outwith FoH and JKB might be worthwhile to ensure maximum numbers are aware of this great initiative for those fans that will want to be part of this but are not either pledgers or on JKB

Agreed, not every body is a member of FOH or JKB. We need to get this message out into the wider world. Maybe someone with influence with the EEN for example could have an article on this. They are as we all know very pro Hearts. Anyway, great that this has been done and have already donated. 

43 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

However you want to dress it up, the fans are being asked to plough even more money into the scheme in the run up to Christmas when we’re getting nothing back. 

Each to their own but I wouldn't say still having a football club to support is getting nothing back.

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, daveb15 said:

Each to their own but I wouldn't say still having a football club to support is getting nothing back.

The fans have done more than their fair share, asking them to plough even more money into a football club that's been hugely underperforming for the last 5 years is a bit galling for me.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

£20.00 to £2,000

£50.00 to £5,000

Etc

BE WARNED 

I've just done the same it's trying to take £ 3,500 I came on here to find help

• davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic
  • davemclaren unpinned this topic