St Andrew's day

ri Alban

• ri Alban changed the title to St Andrew's day
24 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Play Corries music all morning till our great leader takes to the stage 

These lads?

A Boy Named Crow
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

What do we actually do on St Andrew's day. 

:olly:

Usually,  bugger all. This year though I made an effort, there's a pub up near King's Cross that sells Tennents Lager, so the plan was to go up there and get our skite on.

Got to O'Malley's (I know...) and found nae Tennents at the bar.

A Monday night crawl of Surry Hills bars, drinking domestic Aussie beers was plan b.

What are you doing?

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Usually,  bugger all. This year though I made an effort, there's a pub up near King's Cross that sells Tennents Lager, so the plan was to go up there and get our skite on.

A Monday night crawl of Surry Hills bars, drinking domestic Aussie beers was plan b.

What are you doing?

Tennents lager.

:rofl:

A Boy Named Crow
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Tennents lager.

1 - You can't argue with nostalgia 

2 - The Tennents Lager you get here is different

3 - The contradictions on the above are none of your business. 

manaliveits105

If only we had a national drink and fiddley dee music like the Irish we could fool the world into celebrating our national day and make us lots of money 

oh wait a minute we do but we cant be arsed 

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

If only we had a national drink and fiddley dee music like the Irish we could fool the world into celebrating our national day and make us lots of money 

oh wait a minute we do but we cant be arsed 

We celebrate Robert Burns more and so do a lot of countries. So we celebrate twice!

35 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

We celebrate Robert Burns more and so do a lot of countries. So we celebrate twice!

When you see Americans trying to sing Auld Lang Syne you do wonder how well the message is getting across.

Looks completely lost in translation, and half of them probably think its Irish!

23 minutes ago, frankblack said:

When you see Americans trying to sing Auld Lang Syne you do wonder how well the message is getting across.

Looks completely lost in translation, and half of them probably think its Irish!

😅

2 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

What are you doing?

Think I know the pub you're on about. Can't remember the name but sure it had 'Scotsman' in the name? Can't recall Tennent's being on draught, but a nice pint of Clockwork Orange or 5 in there was had on my last trip to London.

Walter Payton
1 hour ago, Locky said:

Think I know the pub you're on about. Can't remember the name but sure it had 'Scotsman' in the name? Can't recall Tennent's being on draught, but a nice pint of Clockwork Orange or 5 in there was had on my last trip to London.

He's talking about Sydney mate. 

25 minutes ago, Walter Payton said:

:lol:

Reminds me of a mate chatting up a lass years ago. She was Irish and she said she liked the Temple Bar in Dublin.

My mate said "Aye, I've been in that pub, it's brilliant eh?" :facepalm:

14 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Reminds me of a mate chatting up a lass years ago. She was Irish and she said she liked the Temple Bar in Dublin.

Ha Ha, very good.

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

There is a pub called The Temple Bar in the Temble Bar area of Dublin. 

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Should always raise a glass to this great on this date..

IMG_20201130_170310.jpg

A disgrace to humanity. Like many before and after him.

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Might be wrong but isn't St Andrew also the patron Saint of Greece and Russia? 🤔 

Tennents, Ouzo and Vodka cocktails all round. 

Patron saint of Scotland, Russia, Sicily, Greece, Romania, Amalfi, Luqa (Malta) and Prussia; Army Rangers, mariners, fishermen, fishmongers, rope-makers, singers and performers etc etc etc....

3 hours ago, Walter Payton said:

What a tit. Maybe I'm not as well travelled as I thought. :lol: 

3 hours ago, Dunks said:

There is a pub called The Temple Bar in the Temble Bar area of Dublin. 

I wouldnt know I’ve not been to that area of Dublin myself but I also know (at the time) my mate hadnt even been to Ireland 😆

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

He has mixed reviews. 

He has accurate reviews and sycophantic reviews. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

25 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I wouldnt know I’ve not been to that area of Dublin myself but I also know (at the time) my mate hadnt even been to Ireland 😆

Folk probably get ridiculously drunk, fight, argue and haven’t a clue the next day what went on.

A normal Friday and Saturday night (before C19) In Lothian Road and Rose Street then.

A Boy Named Crow
10 hours ago, Locky said:

Different pub. This one is an Irish bar called O'Malleys just round from Kings Cross, in Sydney - blame our colonial forefathers' utter lack of imagination when naming places in the "new world". 🤣

Pub's a complete shithole, but they claimed they had Tennents.

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

A bit too RC, I believe, to the C of S after the reformation.

Just an observation on my part but, in the main, it passes every year without fuss or even acknowledgement. 

Might serve a purpose in the USA, though. 

Certainly an improvement on that dumbed down, strictly for feckwits, Tartan Day shite. 

Happy St. Andrew's Day. 😁

Edited by martoon

4 hours ago, martoon said:

A bit too RC, I believe, to the C of S after the reformation.

Just an observation on my part but, in the main, it passes every year without fuss or even acknowledgement. 

Might serve a purpose in the USA, though. 

Certainly an improvement on that dumbed down, strictly for feckwits, Tartan Day shite. 

Happy St. Andrew's Day. 😁

CoS "We don't believe in Saints" 

St Giles "Haud ma beer" 

Governor Tarkin
7 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Different pub. This one is an Irish bar called O'Malleys just round from Kings Cross, in Sydney - blame our colonial forefathers' utter lack of imagination when naming places in the "new world". 🤣

Pub's a complete shithole, but they claimed they had Tennents.

Is that the boozer with the japanese hookers upstairs? I mind the Irish lads I worked with swiping their credit cards before disappearing upstairs. That's about all I can remember tbf. My local when I lived in St Peters was The White Horse Hotel on the Princes Highway (utter shithole), although I'd generally toddle down the road in the Newtown direction if I fancied a pub crawl. When I moved to Neutral Bay I quite liked the big beer garden at The Oak. A few half decent places in North Sydney too after taking in a Northern Spirit match at NS Oval on a Friday night.

A Boy Named Crow
3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Is that the boozer with the japanese hookers upstairs? I mind the Irish lads I worked with swiping their credit cards before disappearing upstairs. That's about all I can remember tbf. My local when I lived in St Peters was The White Horse Hotel on the Princes Highway (utter shithole), although I'd generally toddle down the road in the Newtown direction if I fancied a pub crawl. When I moved to Neutral Bay I quite liked the big beer garden at The Oak. A few half decent places in North Sydney too after taking in a Northern Spirit match at NS Oval on a Friday night.

It might still be the same place, just sans hookers. The Cross isnae The Cross anymore, it got cleaned up years ago.

Edited by A Boy Named Crow