Halliday

Last Laff

I rate the boy as a full back, really do.

But.

Why is he allowed on the radio all afternoon gushing over the huns?  It’s ****ing ridiculous man. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Last Laff

• Pasquale for King

• Ainsley Harriott

54 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

But.

Why is he allowed on the radio all afternoon gushing over the huns?  It’s ****ing ridiculous man. 

Edited by Tott

I'd gush about Hearts(if there was anything to gush aboot) giving half the chance, no matter who I played for. I really don't care about this, as long as he doesn't pull a sickie when we come up against Rangers. 

Edited by ri Alban

Anonymous again on Saturday.

Should have been f’n training yesterday

Good game against Alloa in the week but not seeing it with him

A_A wehatethehibs

He knows his career is as good as finished and after we get promoted we’ll sign better players than him, so he’ll have a bit part role. Rangers was his peak. It is what it is, there were not a lot of quality options around for the championship so I’m certainly happier having him than not having him, prefer him already to Clare and Bozanic. So accept it, move on and stop posting threads every time he’s on the radio or a podcast or there’ll be 200+ threads about it before end of the year. 

Stephane Grappelli
27 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Rubbish signing and more intrested in his beloved Sevco.

Spot on.  Wonder if folk would be so tolerant if he was sucking up to Celtic every week.

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Spot on.  Wonder if folk would be so tolerant if he was sucking up to Celtic every week.

Exactly its not even as if hes put in many good performances 

I wouldn't mind him doing open goal or the radio if his performances for Hearts were good enough . The fact that he is honking thinking he is billy big baws annoys me when I see him on open goal sitting with those twats (big kev not included ) spraffing crap about Rangers. 

Of the view that he’s a footballer not a pundit. If he’s doing well on the pitch then fine, whatever. But he’s not.

focus should be on doing well for us and training accordingly.

deeply unhappy with what he’s offered so far. 

Not got a problem with his media stuff tbh, we know he's a currant bun born and bred. 

Personally don't think he's a possession type midfielder. He's box to box, his game should be getting forward, receiving a pass, giving it to someone else then making a run forward. Also, tracking players back and putting in tackles. He's not a playmaker, not in a million years, he doesn't have the range of passing or vision to play that role. That's why I find it strange we've chucked both Lee and Halliday in midfield at times. Zero balance again at Hearts as per. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

On paper, this looked like a good signing, as we needed someone with a bit of bite to play in the middle with Irving, and a bit of cover at left back. But instead, he's replaced Irving and he's played alongside Lee? Really struggling to understand what Robbie is going for in the middle of the park.

I’m happy he is talking about Rangers rather than Hearts. Don’t want to hear any more guff from players until they start performing on the pitch.

A_A wehatethehibs
43 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

On paper, this looked like a good signing, as we needed someone with a bit of bite to play in the middle with Irving, and a bit of cover at left back. But instead, he's replaced Irving and he's played alongside Lee? Really struggling to understand what Robbie is going for in the middle of the park.

In fairness it couldn’t be more obvious what Neilson wants in the middle of the park, Experience. In his first league games with an entirely new squad, he’s leaned to the most experienced options. Which is fair enough.

But Irving has to come into his thoughts now surely. I thought he would be a stick on for Alloa away on the plastic pitch, rest Haring and give Irving a chance to show his passing ability alongside the new man Halliday. If Irving isn’t starting the next game away at Morton, I think he will probably push for a move away in January for game time. 

Ernie Eskilsson

Him and Lee getting picked before Irving is driving me nuts. The ‘experienced’ players keep letting Robbie down but he keeps picking them. 

Doctor FinnBarr
16 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

He's pretty pish, isn't he?

Aye, 2 decent goals so far but in reality he is "pretty pish".

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
6 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Aye, 2 decent goals so far but in reality he is "pretty pish".

His second touch is a lunging challenge. He's actually worse than i thought he'd be.

Needs to play left midfield imo. Him and Kingsley are pretty solid and they can cover each other. Smith and Gino right with Harring and Irving centre 2 from Naismith Boyce and Wighton up front. Go 442 no messing about and get the job done.

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

He will be good for us - still catching up on full fitness

Aye we’ll probably still be saying that in March. Never had a pre-season etc.

He has had plenty game time. Plenty sessions and plenty time of his own to get to 100%. 

A couple of flashes apart he has been utter pony and we’re his last possible chance of a decent club. He would clearly rather be at Rangers and needs to get that club out of his head before he’ll be any good at our club.

Edited by JimmyCant

19 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Halliday and Haring look like his preferred choices, but he's said in the press that he's still being cautious with Haring and it's quite clear that Halliday is still catching up in terms of match fitness. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that once they're both up to full match sharpness that they'll be an excellent midfield pairing and I think Halliday will eventually prove to be a very smart signing. Not really bothered what he gets up to on these podcasts and stuff, as long as he does the business while he's wearing maroon. 

Weakened Offender
On 30/11/2020 at 08:11, Stephane Grappelli said:

Just about to post this. Can you imagine? 

It's extremely disappointing that Hearts allow this to happen.. 

lost in space

I dont really care what he says on the radio - it will have been agreed in his contract probably. He may not have agreed to join us if we had not agreed.

As for his form - likely (in my opinion), that he is being asked to do a job that does not suit his style of play. He is often playing as 1 of a 2-man defensive midfield. We dont need 2 defensive midfield players - in fact in this league, I dont think we need any, unless full backs are playing as wing backs (which they arnt).

On 30/11/2020 at 00:04, Last Laff said:

But.

He is never off the ******* radio talking about them

It's a an absolute joke tbh. 

He is employed by and plays for HMFC and would be better off doing extra training getting his crap fitness levels up so he can perform better on the park. 

The whole Rangers love in when he plays for another big Scottish club is frankly embarrassing. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It would be worth someone saying to him that unless he’s having a blinder, constantly going on about the Huns ain’t going to win him many friends here 

If he wasn’t going to join us unless he could wax lyrical about his beloved rangers then we should’ve told him to sling it. If that was the case.

Yet again shows our soft approach as a club.

SuperstarSteve

Don’t rate the guy and never will. Happy to admit he’s a handy squad player but if him being first choice is what causes Irving and cochrane to want to leave for more game time. I’d consider that a blunder. Albeit there is many reasons as to why they might not sign on. 

Irving and haring would be my CM pairing. 

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

He is employed by and plays for HMFC and would be better off doing extra training getting his crap fitness levels up so he can perform better on the park. 

The whole Rangers love in when he plays for another big Scottish club is frankly embarrassing. 

Correct. It’s beyond embarrassing and insulting that a Hearts player, that’s a HEART of MIDLOTHIAN FC player no less, is so wrapped up in Rangers. That’s a mountain to climb to get in the good books before we even start about his current lack of fitness and/or effort.

It can only be forgiven and pushed to the side if he is an outstanding performer for us. Would you trust him to play for us against Rangers ? 

Edited by JimmyCant

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Im not against him doing so in general to be honest but the facts are we lost the day before to Alloa where he had a nightmare.  A complete disaster of a result and then the next day he’s on Clyde for 5 hours talking about how bad it was for Celtic and Lennon and how amazing rangers are, literally gushing over them.  He should have cancelled and kept his head down after the day before.  It just doesn’t sit right as a so called professional for the third biggest club in the country. 

8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Correct. It’s beyond embarrassing and insulting that a Hearts player, that’s a HEART of MIDLOTHIAN FC player no less, is so wrapped up in Rangers. That’s a mountain to climb to get in the good books before we even start about his current lack of fitness and/or effort.

It can only be forgiven and pushed to the side if he is an outstanding performer for us. Would you trust him to play for us against Rangers ? 

Possibly why some on here were so desperate for us to sign him ?

I had reservations but accepted we needed a battler . Not sure we have one

1 hour ago, gordiegords said:

If he wasn’t going to join us unless he could wax lyrical about his beloved rangers then we should’ve told him to sling it. If that was the case.

Yet again shows our soft approach as a club.

Yet I’m sure someone claimed Nisbet got rejected by us (what a mistake that’s turned out to be) because of some mythical Celtic clause.  

lost in space
24 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Don’t rate the guy and never will. Happy to admit he’s a handy squad player but if him being first choice is what causes Irving and cochrane to want to leave for more game time. I’d consider that a blunder. Albeit there is many reasons as to why they might not sign on. 

Irving and haring would be my CM pairing. 

It's all about opinions and not saying you are wrong but my own view is that pairing are not "attacking/offensive" enough. That pair may be better in Premier but in championship, we do not need 2 defensive players in the middle. Hopefully our manager realises this soon.

13 minutes ago, Rods said:

Halliday will do a job and has already chipped in with 2 goals.

Cup final.

If he does a telling job in the cup final he can come to work wearing UJ pyjamas and playing a flute for the rest of the season as far as I’m concerned 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Halliday and Haring look like his preferred choices, but he's said in the press that he's still being cautious with Haring and it's quite clear that Halliday is still catching up in terms of match fitness. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that once they're both up to full match sharpness that they'll be an excellent midfield pairing and I think Halliday will eventually prove to be a very smart signing. Not really bothered what he gets up to on these podcasts and stuff, as long as he does the business while he's wearing maroon. 

Irving has countless times more technical ability than Halliday, but probably not as good a fit next to Haring. Just another example of short sightedness that will cost us in the long run though, we should be giving our young players as much game time as possible this season and Irving is the best of the bunch. Going nowhere in the long term with Halliday and Haring.

part_time_jambo
2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The new Kris Boyd.

7 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

He will be good for us - still catching up on full fitness

Which he should be doing instead of being on open goal one day radio scotland the next and radio ****ing Clyde the next day 

On 30/11/2020 at 00:04, Last Laff said:

But.

Surely he can say what he wants as long as he doesn't disparage us......!

Ford Prentice

If one of our players spends his time bigging up another team I feel that he simultaneously demeans us. He should shut up or gtf. As has been said, if he was bigging up Celtic this board would be in meltdown. Doesn't matter to me which side of the old firm it is, equally annoying.

Have zero memory of him from when he was at Rangers, don't think much of what I've seen so far.

Also agree with all those who say play Irving every week. Ideal opportunity for him to learn his trade.

3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Im not against him doing so in general to be honest but the facts are we lost the day before to Alloa where he had a nightmare.  A complete disaster of a result and then the next day he’s on Clyde for 5 hours talking about how bad it was for Celtic and Lennon and how amazing rangers are, literally gushing over them.  He should have cancelled and kept his head down after the day before.  It just doesn’t sit right as a so called professional for the third biggest club in the country. 

Maybe he should have cancelled his wee Gers gig and got his arse in the gym on the Sunday.

He is needed to be told it's HMFC who pay his bloody wages.

I did wonder why people were so excited about signing him considering Sevco dumped him from their team on reaching the SPL. I thought it was because we were in the Championship so he should be good enough. So far, I don't think he is good enough. Winning mentality? - Sevco have won nothing so far...

I remember Kris Boyd doing media-selfplay over Rangers for the Record whilst at Killie getting fat too. 

I fear he was brought in so McCulloch could do a bit of west coast bantering with him in training...