Mafia: Kill the Goons Part X

Rudi Skacel

I could have heavily hinted to being the DA early on but to me that would be against the spirit of the game and that’s why I only hinted when it was down to 1 wrong vote and goon win. It was fun though reading your posts especially Ian’s after he turned goon. I guess nobody listens to me in these games though 😟

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yvonnejambo

• AndyNic

• iantjambo

• Bunny Munro

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, yvonnejambo said:

What’s good with the DA role is you don’t have the paranoia as you know who everyone is. 

I was surprised you didn’t out yourself. Especially last night/this morning. We felt that one or two townies just needed a wee nudge to vote in our favour. That’s why we decided to have Stuart blagging at being DA. It was important that we did that before you felt you had no other choice than to reveal your role.

I had fun sparring with you though 😂

3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I was surprised you didn’t out yourself. Especially last night/this morning. We felt that one or two townies just needed a wee nudge to vote in our favour. That’s why we decided to have Stuart blagging at being DA. It was important that we did that before you felt you had no other choice than to reveal your role.

I had fun sparring with you though 😂

I was hoping that the other townies and Andy would vote Vlad and then if he got lynched I wouldn’t have needed to out myself and have a chance of winning for ourselves as Andy was quite hidden as assassin and I I don’t think would have been top choice for goon kill 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Said Vlad was a goon from the beginning. Nobody believed me. 

I did 😂

Tenaciousdandy
28 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

How did you guys find the DA and assassin team work? Also did you all prefer there being a cop mason or prefer it like before?

I think any game I run in the future I will use a mason cop. 

As we said in the goon chat its a good role but maybe bring it down a notice like getting to investigate so many players at the end of day 1 or something , the cop/mason is definitely the way to go as bs can completely ruin a game if the cop is directly above the assassin 

2 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

I was hoping that the other townies and Andy would vote Vlad and then if he got lynched I wouldn’t have needed to out myself and have a chance of winning for ourselves as Andy was quite hidden as assassin and I I don’t think would have been top choice for goon kill 

That’s why I put Vlad on my goon list and said I thought you were throwing a fellow goon under the bus to gain some trust with the town. If Vlad had got lynched, I would’ve continued down that road with you.

Just now, Dandyman79 said:

As we said in the goon chat its a good role but maybe bring it down a notice like getting to investigate so many players at the end of day 1 or something , the cop/mason is definitely the way to go as bs can completely ruin a game if the cop is directly above the assassin 

Yup, I saw the downside to BS last game. I do like the mason cop though. Might keep it for next game I run.

DA role for me is a little overpowered. As Dandy said, maybe water the role down a little and only have them investigate a certain amount of players. 

Tenaciousdandy
2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Yup, I saw the downside to BS last game. I do like the mason cop though. Might keep it for next game I run.

DA role for me is a little overpowered. As Dandy said, maybe water the role down a little and only have them investigate a certain amount of players. 

Basically a bad lieutenant, could also be giving the cop investigations to make it a bit more interesting 

Edited by Dandyman79

Like I said to boof when I was the DA, I think its a good role when used sparingly, its also very difficult. Only reason i teamed them up with the assassin was to give a good objective. 

i told yvonne id made a mistake because i forgot to add in that they could reveal anyones role to the goons or masons. 

Tenaciousdandy
8 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Like I said to boof when I was the DA, I think its a good role when used sparingly, its also very difficult. Only reason i teamed them up with the assassin was to give a good objective. 

i told yvonne id made a mistake because i forgot to add in that they could reveal anyones role to the goons or masons. 

I think it was a good idea to link the da with the assassin 

I like the mason/ cop and the DA is good but it could easily be game over if give your role away. 
i like having someone who is on the side of town who can see what happens overnight like getting to know who the cop has investigated & who the doc saves

3 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Great game guys.

Well in Rudi for moderating and organising 👍👍

My fellow goons were [s]magnificent!!!![/s] mostly invisible...

FTFY. :P

Cheers for the game Rudi, well done goons and couldn't really do anything but laugh after the assassin's shenanigans :lol: 

Also now that I’m over the fact my ‘team mate’ Andy got me killed, was super happy that he got 3 roled players with his bullets that was a big achievement 

Edited by yvonnejambo

Sorry Yvonne (and Andy.)

I should have went with my gut and voted Vlad.

Believe it or not the problem was Ive seen myself and others sent running in circles by Yvonne before, the more obvious she made it the more  I doubted her.

3 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Sorry Yvonne (and Andy.)

Believe it or not the problem was Ive seen myself and others sent running in circles by Yvonne before, the more obvious she made it the more  I doubted her.

Ha that makes me feel happy that I have that impact 🤣

7 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

Ha that makes me feel happy that I have that impact 🤣

See when you said 'I need Bunny as he has common sense' I really thought I was being trapped 😂

Just now, Bunny Munro said:

See when you said 'I need Bunny as he has common sense' I really thought I was being trapped 😂

😁 aww I just wanted someone I knew was good to trust me 😊

Just out of interest how would anyone else play the DA role? 

3 hours ago, Rudi Skacel said:

yeah sorry i had a mare with that. I thought id missed you out completely from the roles, so sent you a pm saying you were a townie. It was only later on i realised i hadnt pm’d anyone saying they were the doc and i looked on the roles and realised you were the doc!

had you survived day 1 id have just assumed you would have saved yourself

I got home to discover I had been lynched 😂

Edited by Marvin

56 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

The assassin account is very cool.

Ah, on that note - @AndyNic could you either change the password and PM it to me or just PM the password if you don't mind me knowing it.

I'll then change it and put the assassin back into cold storage.

Ridley said on the mason chat that he liked the account. I responded that it was being used as I had hoped it would be...apart from the targeting me bit :lol:

1 hour ago, Bunny Munro said:

Sorry Yvonne (and Andy.)

Yvonne, this is exactly what I was thinking. Because it was so late/you were at threat of being lynched all I could think was it was all too convenient and then the Goons played a blinder. I was just waiting for Bunny to vote Vlad or Alim and I'd have joined in with him as I was thinking I can only trust him. 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Cheers for the game Rudi.

Yvonne I think your main problem was that you weren't playing your normal game so people just got suspicious off the back of that. I had a hunch you were the DA but was never 100% confident, however it was very unlikely that you were going to win so personally I felt you should've given up on that and been completely blatant. I can imagine it being a difficult role to play though so appreciate that you may have faced a bit of a dilemma.

Normally in games when I have a hunch on someone early on it turns out to be wrong, but I was right with Vlad. I just wanted to get him killed so we would know either way.

Stuart claiming to be DA had that whiff of bluff about it at the time, something just didnt feel right. Sadly Andy got caught out at a crucial moment but that's what can happen.

Looking forward to the next one.

I was just making sure I was voting goons and making clear goon list and then if I was killed the info was there.

Anyway who is running next one? I can’t as next week I’m very busy work wise but could do one just before Christmas 

5 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

I was just making sure I was voting goons and making clear goon list and then if I was killed the info was there.

Anyway who is running next one? I can’t as next week I’m very busy work wise but could do one just before Christmas 

Me! Saves the disappointment of getting killed early. I finish placement tomorrow so will get a sign up thread up and start over the weekend if get the numbers. Was thinking how I could do a team game but that might be beyond me so we shall see. 

3 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Me! Saves the disappointment of getting killed early. I finish placement tomorrow so will get a sign up thread up and start over the weekend if get the numbers. Was thinking how I could do a team game but that might be beyond me so we shall see. 

You could just pair up townies, doc and a townie, cop and a mason in a pair another pair of masons and goon pairs? 

Stuart McNeill
1 hour ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Cheers for the game Rudi.

Yvonne I think your main problem was that you weren't playing your normal game so people just got suspicious off the back of that. I had a hunch you were the DA but was never 100% confident, however it was very unlikely that you were going to win so personally I felt you should've given up on that and been completely blatant. I can imagine it being a difficult role to play though so appreciate that you may have faced a bit of a dilemma.

Normally in games when I have a hunch on someone early on it turns out to be wrong, but I was right with Vlad. I just wanted to get him killed so we would know either way.

Stuart claiming to be DA had that whiff of bluff about it at the time, something just didnt feel right. Sadly Andy got caught out at a crucial moment but that's what can happen.

Looking forward to the next one.

Yeah the majority of the plan really relied on catching out Andy tbh. He seemed really flustered and the added pressure of the other messages this morning allowed us to cease the moment. 

Regarding the DA role, I did mention in the PMs I don't think it was as overpowered as we initially thought. Though a tactic would be very difficult. Would rely on you and the assassin lying low and hoping the assassin leaves all 3 bullets till you said when to use them. 

Could THE DA/assassin role be like a merge of cops/goons. 

- they're in a group together. Only the DA can speak once per night giving the assassin the role of a player but the assassin still has its current rules. 3 bullets which can be used at anytime. 

I'm not suggesting you add that rule shapes but I was going to ask how you could make the next game more team based.