Roberts- Is he the worst in recent seasons

gedster

Up there with Grzelak, Kurskis, Frear, 
The left back from Hamilton, who’s name I can’t even be arsed remembering etc.

I’m genuinely stunned at how Shite our signing policy has become.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Pasquale for King

• 1971fozzy

• NANOJAMBO

4 hours ago, iantjambo said:

It’s horrendous isn’t it.  Signing pish like Roberts and Frear. Re-signing empty shirts like Walker. Loans like the hologram. Giving out pension plans to Damour.  Could go on.

a sad state.  What an absolute state.

hopefully Robbie gets a grip. Also needs to install a bit of fight and guts into theses chicken hearted employees. One thing we won’t stand for is kittens on the pitch. The last 2 games were 100% unacceptable. 

Edited by 1971fozzy

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

It’s horrendous isn’t it.  Signing the dregs like Roberts and Frear. Re-signing empty shirts like Walker. Loans like the hologram. Giving out pension plans to Damour.  Could go on.

a sad state.  What an absolute state.

hopefully Robbie gets a grip. Also needs to install a bit of fight and guts into theses chicken hearted employees. One thing we won’t stand for is kittens on the pitch. The last 2 games were 100% unacceptable. 

I thought JJ would now be helping out with recruitment 

4 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Leonard Sowah?

we were a goal down with that lad on the park

6 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

i doubt he is considering the dross we’ve signed. Or at least I hope he isn’t 😱

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

Leonard Sowah?

how bad was he.  Imagine him and the hologram 🤣🤣

13 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

He has claimed there is a groin issue which has held him back so maybe jury is still out on him

Robbie said that yep.  So why the fek is he even on the bench ? Why is he getting game time over the likes of Moore if he’s carrying a knock ? 
Either Robbie is lying to cover the fact he’s dugshit and hopes he gets better,  or he’s lost the plot by playing a shit player not fit and therefore throwing him to the wolves. 

Edited by 1971fozzy

41 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

He has claimed there is a groin issue which has held him back so maybe jury is still out on him

Tells you everything that does!!!!!

Neilson content to play someone who's injured rather than a fully fit squad player. Certainly does nothing for confidence in the squad.
I mean, how poor and pathetic is that? Neilson feels forced to play players who are less than 100% fit?

I just wish Hearts would keep quiet about these things rather than throw players to the wolves. It makes us look amateurish.

Edited by Hashimoto

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

By doing what? Asking John Murray to stay on and delay his retirement? Get more brown ✉️

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Tells you everything that does!!!!!

Neilson content to play someone who's injured rather than a fully fit squad player. Certainly does nothing for confidence in the squad.
I mean, how poor and pathetic is that in that Neilson feels forced to play players who are less than 100% fit?

I just wish Hearts would keep quiet about these things rather than throw players to the wolves. It makes us look amateurish.

All part of the Levein way. 

I am surprised how we put up with the long list of headless chickens we have signed over the past few years. It is almost accepted by suggesting other clubs sign duds also. There needs to be a complete clear out of the Recruitment department. You could stick available players names on a dart board, get the tea lady to throw darts at it and still be more successful than we have been in the past.....

On 02/12/2020 at 13:16, Batistuta87 said:

I've read and re-read my comment and am struggling to see what's unclear??? 

I'm saying Roberts is shite, he reminds me of Clare when he first joined (he was utter shite to begin with), and (answering the OP's question), that Perreira is our worst signing in years... 

Nothing was unclear. I was actually agreeing with you mate.

23 minutes ago, suds66 said:

Nothing was unclear. I was actually agreeing with you mate.

No worries mate, I've misunderstood 👍

Edited by Batistuta87

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Roberts has been anonymous and offered nothing since the Dundee game earlier in the season, but I still think he's a level above Frear, who has not shown anything at all. Not on the level of Grzelak, Martin, Perreira, Sammon for the worst signings of the last wee spell though.

Saw Roberts a couple of times in his mercifully brief period at Inverness. Hugely unimpressive and was largely used as a no-impact substitution. I was astonished when Hearts signed him.

On 02/12/2020 at 10:58, Batistuta87 said:

Terrible signing unfortunately because: 

1) He has zero physical presence considering his height - needs to get on the weights.

2) He's a shitebag in a 50/50 - pulls out of them all the time.

3) His first touch is terrible - 2nd touch is a tackle - probably tweaked his groin stretching for a ball he's failed to control.

4) He's a ball-watcher - waits on the ball coming to him and doesn't go looking for it.

5) He has zero positional awareness - every time he gets the ball he changes direction right into the path of a defender. This is particularly bad when he's facing away from the goal. 

6) He couldny cross himself - seen a lot of crosses fail to beat the first man.

7) Thinks he's an absolute 5* skill baller, but actually it looks very easy to win the ball off him.

He reminds me of early Sean Clare, where he just couldn't do anything right and made mistake after mistake after mistake. Maybe its a confidence thing. Or maybe he's just shite.

However, Joel Perreira has to be our worst signing of recent years. 

Great post and you have a bloody good memory if you have someone in mind that has been more catastrophically impactful.

6 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Roberts has been anonymous and offered nothing since the Dundee game earlier in the season, but I still think he's a level above Frear, who has not shown anything at all. Not on the level of Grzelak, Martin, Perreira, Sammon for the worst signings of the last wee spell though.

Both are a waste of money. 

Austin MacGlee
On 05/12/2020 at 08:53, Jim Panzee said:

Leonard Sowah?

Still got nightmares of him in that game at Easter Road. Utter pony.

Poppadom hands is easily the worst ever in my lifetime though.

2 minutes ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Still got nightmares of him in that game at Easter Road. Utter pony.

Poppadom hands is easily the worst ever in my lifetime though.

Agreed re the hologram. An absolute imposter. 

Austin MacGlee
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Agreed re the hologram. An absolute imposter. 

Can't believe he's still taking a wage from football in all honesty. Fraud of the highest order.