This is the end, beautiful friend
This is the end, my only friend
The end of our elaborate plans
The end of ev'rything that stands
The end

I am now quarantining myself from HMFC.

Good idea.

5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

The most important thing is getting back into the top league. 

Which allows you to give Neilson all the grace in the world.

FFS I could manage this shower of shite out of this pish poor league.

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No positives, poor result an our form in the LC is a ****in' bomb scare. but , I found this 

The F&ck Hibs Song - YouTube

Don’t give me this form in the league cup shite. Our performances this year have been an accident waiting to happen. Today we found that accident. 

Positives from today, hmmm

Well Beryl in accounts brought in a lovely tub of Quality Street for the girls as her eldest, Trevor, passed his nursing exam.

This is bad news for Daphne in marketing though as she is on a diet, or at least trying to be. With these girls around it is impossible.

"A moment on the lips is a lifetime on your hips" says Audrey from media. Sylvia from reporting does not care, she just can't resist a strawberry Cream.  Just as long as she does not touch the toffee coins though, everyone knows they are Janettes.

32 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Which allows you to give Neilson all the grace in the world.

FFS I could manage this shower of shite out of this pish poor league.

So it’s better if we don’t get up?

Stephane Grappelli
13 hours ago, complete control said:

The happy clapper on here that wanted hibs to win the cup still thinks we will win the league.

He also described Hibs as "top dogs in Edinburgh" a couple of years ago because they finished ahead of us.  I'm still to be convinced he really is a Hearts supporter.

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Well Beryl in accounts brought in a lovely tub of Quality Street for the girls as her eldest, Trevor, passed his nursing exam.

This is bad news for Daphne in marketing though as she is on a diet, or at least trying to be. With these girls around it is impossible.

"A moment on the lips is a lifetime on your hips" says Audrey from media. Sylvia from reporting does not care, she just can't resist a strawberry Cream.  Just as long as she does not touch the toffee coins though, everyone knows they are Janettes.

They will all be looking forward to John Murray’s transfer bingo along with The annual Tupperware party

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

So it’s better if we don’t get up?

What’s better is that the players perform at a level that is acceptable.

What’s better is that the fans hold the management team and players accountable when they don’t.

What’s better is that the fans maintain a standard that is befitting of our club and hold everyone to that same standard.

You come across as someone who will find it acceptable if we limp our way to a title, or even win the play off place, as the main aim is that we go up.

Acceptance of shite is what’s put us here in the first place. 

54 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

What’s better is that the fans hold the management team and players accountable when they don’t.

What’s better is that the fans maintain a standard that is befitting of our club and hold everyone to that same standard.

You come across as someone who will find it acceptable if we limp our way to a title, or even win the play off place, as the main aim is that we go up.

What do YOU propose to do about it then ? 

We can't even go along to the AGM this year to bump our gums. 

Anyway back to the positives = none. 

Except if these had been league games yesterday we would now be FOUR points behind Dunfermline. 

I saved £12 and retain a clear conscious for not giving Alloa my cash. 

Tennant's  6's
1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

:spoton:

It would be interesting to see if those softies in the office ever do a SWOT analysis & try to find out just how much they've not met any more determined KPI's..

Stuart Wallace & the FOH have surely got to pressure the current incumbents to up their game or be replaced, if that's even possible at this stage. 

28 minutes ago, luckydug said:

What do YOU propose to do about it then ? 

We can't even go along to the AGM this year to bump our gums. 

Anyway back to the positives = none. 

Except if these had been league games yesterday we would now be FOUR points behind Dunfermline. 

I saved £12 and retain a clear conscious for not giving Alloa my cash. 

Well it was clear from the documentary that the club monitor this forum. One thing I won’t be doing is using this forum to excuse the utter lack of professionalism from the management and players.

When social distancing no longer applies I would be more than prepared to attend Riccarton and hoof a few of the utter imposters in the baws.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

:lol:

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yesterday's game was probably our worst league cup result since Montrose beat us 2-0 at Tynecastle in 1986 ( as far as I can remember ). However, for me, the main barometer of success this season will be getting out of this division, which was the point I was making/discussing.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Yesterday's game was probably our worst league cup result since Montrose beat us 2-0 at Tynecastle in 1986 ( as far as I can remember ). However, for me, the main barometer of success this season will be getting out of this division, which was the point I was making/discussing.

And it’s clear you are prepared to accept any level of performance as long as we get there.

Personally my expectations are far higher and not unrealistic. We, the fans, have invested millions into the club and the least I expect is that players on a few grand a week can see off a team which includes guys who had to take a few hours off their night shift so they could get a kip before playing.

7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

You seem to have an in depth knowledge of our office team, their body styles, and eating habits

:levein_interesting:

14 hours ago, Dsjambo said:

No positives after one of the worst results in the club’s history, just read RN comments on the result, we “battered” them according to him, we had one shot on target in the second half and extra time combined!!!
he’s delusional or he’s trying to con the fans

Yep.

Alloa were happy to sit in and for us to have the ball knowing we would create little and take their own chance if one came their way.

This passive possession game us awful.

Edited by DETTY29

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

And it’s clear you are prepared to accept any level of performance as long as we get there.

Personally my expectations are far higher and not unrealistic. We, the fans, have invested millions into the club and the least I expect is that players on a few grand a week can see off a team which includes guys who had to take a few hours off their night shift so they could get a kip before playing.

Me accepting or not doesn’t change the fact that it happened. It’s what we do now that is important. 2 defeats in 3 is not good form at this level and that has to change now. 

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Yep.

Alloa were happy to sit in and for us to have the ball knowing we would create little and take their own chance if one came their way.

This passive possession game us awful.

Exactly

We "battered" them so hard, that all these poor part -timers were so run off their feet that they all managed to play 90 mins with no subs.

Robbie needs to get real

bringonthesevco
16 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I thought he was decent. 

played decent against the 22nd best team in Scotland - this is the level that him and others now operate.  

bringonthesevco

The saddest thing for me is how few players I'd be bothered about if they actually left in January.  Forget for a second about the fact that they obviously can't all leave, but in terms of individual players who would I be upset by if they left.

Gordon (No chance of him going obviously)

Smith (I suspect would leave for the right offer, last chance to make money - preserve international career)

Kingsley (only here until the end of the season)

Think that's it, genuinely wouldn't care if any other player left...  What a state for a club to be in , was it 6 or 7 new signings in the summer Gordon & Kingsley get pass marks, Gino has looked good for about an hour and a half which is probably an hour and a half more than Popescu/Roberts/Freer/Halliday have managed between them.....

Tragic times ...

6 minutes ago, bringonthesevco said:

played decent against the 22nd best team in Scotland - this is the level that him and others now operate.  

At present it’s the level we do operate at for comparison purposes, unfortunately. 

4 hours ago, Breaking h1b5 said:

Positive is we now know Neilson should never have been brought back as his football is shite. 

She AB took the easy option again, when appointing RN. Lack of vision.

28 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The one - in fact the only - positive in the “football department” over the last few years is that we have begun to look like a club that takes cup competitions seriously. Just as well, as they’re the only thing we can realistically hope to win. I hope we don’t now start to slide in that respect. The idea that winning promotion could be some kind of trade-off for woeful performances like yesterday’s is a no-no for me. In a league that contains absolutely no big fish apart from ourselves we should comfortably be able to win promotion and give it our all in the cups. As we did, to Robbie’s credit, in that marvellous evening at Hampden recently.

Just now, leginten said:

The one - in fact the only - positive in the “football department” over the last few years is that we have begun to look like a club that takes cup competitions seriously. Just as well, as they’re the only thing we can realistically hope to win. I hope we don’t now start to slide in that respect. The idea that winning promotion could be some kind of trade-off for woeful performances like yesterday’s is a no-no for me. In a league that contains absolutely no big fish apart from ourselves we should comfortably be able to win promotion and give it our all in the cups. As we did, to Robbie’s credit, in that marvellous evening at Hampden recently.

I’m not suggesting we can't do both but our main objective and target this season is to get promoted. It’s galling that we have been really poor in the league cup for all my living memory. 

10 minutes ago, ford donald said:

She AB took the easy option again, when appointing RN. Lack of vision.

This is where I'm at. I was "meh" about his appointment (why go back to a club you walked out on that is in such a shit state ?) but hopefully he can turn the current shit show (HIS shit show). 

My main concern is the lack of ambition/vision shown by the club. Or maybe AB knows Hearts are not an attractive proposition after trying to recruit Cathro's  replacement. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, leginten said:

We were the width of bar away from losing because we wouldn’t have come back if that penalty had went in. A huge result but somewhat fortunate and I wouldn’t want to consider what  would’ve happened if we had lost. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

3 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

JKB is the only positive.

Cheers me up no end. 

In what way? 🤔

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

We were the width of bar away from losing because we wouldn’t have come back if that penalty had went in. A huge result but somewhat fortunate and I wouldn’t want to consider waft would’ve happened if we had lost. 

There were lots of twists and turns in that match. We shouldn’t have faced that penalty in the first place, firstly because Hibs were awarded an offside goal in normal time and secondly because it was never a penalty in a million years. I thought we thoroughly deserved the win.

And any game that has five moments that cause me to celebrate like a madman is a bonus nowadays.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, leginten said:

There were lots of twists and turns in that match. We shouldn’t have faced that penalty in the first place, firstly because Hibs were awarded an offside goal in normal time and secondly because it was never a penalty in a million years. I thought we thoroughly deserved the win.

And any game that has five moments that cause me to celebrate like a madman is a bonus nowadays.

Agreed but our own penalty was soft too, i was screaming at my tv and celebrated like you. I think it was an even match where both teams had around the same chances, dodgy decisions included. 
Considering the circumstances it was great, but is beginning to look like a rare celebration in a season of dross. Where would we be without Hibernian football club, the gift that keeps on giving. 

8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

😂😂😂😂

Funny thing is I bet this description isn’t far off. 
wWhat a complete shambles on and off the park we are. 

20 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

This is where I'm at. I was "meh" about his appointment (why go back to a club you walked out on that is in such a shit state ?) but hopefully he can turn the current shit show (HIS shit show). 

My main concern is the lack of ambition/vision shown by the club. Or maybe AB knows Hearts are not an attractive proposition after trying to recruit Cathro's  replacement. 

On the documentary AB said Neilson was “a safe pair of hands”. I don’t want a safe pair of hands, I want someone with vision who motivates and pressurise’s players to perform.

FFS Neilson wasn’t even interviewed for the post this time around. AB have him the job based on what he did previously, and what he ended up doing previously is splitting the fans, something he is doing to great effect this time around as well.

Neilson is not the person to take us forward. 

Gordon Ramsay
8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

This is probably quite accurate tbh. 

25 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

In what way? 🤔

I enjoy revelling in the misery of the stupid. 

2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Well it was clear from the documentary that the club monitor this forum. One thing I won’t be doing is using this forum to excuse the utter lack of professionalism from the management and players.

When social distancing no longer applies I would be more than prepared to attend Riccarton and hoof a few of the utter imposters in the baws.

Take a Policeman along with you. They can then be charged with stealing the wages of professional football players. 🙂

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

We were the width of bar away from losing because we wouldn’t have come back if that penalty had went in. A huge result but somewhat fortunate and I wouldn’t want to consider what  would’ve happened if we had lost. 

It was never a penalty anyway and their goal was offside. 

Things are gloomy enough, please don't try and take away the one bit of joy we have had. 😏

48 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

On the documentary AB said Neilson was “a safe pair of hands”. I don’t want a safe pair of hands, I want someone with vision who motivates and pressurise’s players to perform.

FFS Neilson wasn’t even interviewed for the post this time around. AB have him the job based on what he did previously, and what he ended up doing previously is splitting the fans, something he is doing to great effect this time around as well.

Neilson is not the person to take us forward. 

I don’t think he was appointed to take us forward. More to get us back to where we were when he left. When/if that happens who knows

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I don’t think he was appointed to take us forward. More to get us back to where we were when he left. When/if that happens who knows

But will he?

25 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It was never a penalty anyway and their goal was offside. 

Things are gloomy enough, please don't try and take away the one bit of joy we have had. 😏

Just saying, you’re right though it is the only joy we’ve had and which is why most of us knew it was a huge game. Poor decisions go for both teams, our penalty was soft too.