• davemclaren

• NANOJAMBO

• Ethan Hunt

• Pasquale for King

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Craig Herbertson said:

Berra played well.

I agree and even Popescu looked a slightly better player alongside him.

Christophe was definitely my man of the match today... albeit not many contenders.

The additional 30 minutes today can't possibly be used as an excuse for an under-par performance in the next fixture such was the lack of invention and graft during extra time. 

Tennant's  6's
1 hour ago, Bunny Munro said:

Robbie can't give many of these imposters any more chances.

We're another week closer to the transfer window opening (although we'll probably sign more guff if anything).

Given the dross that he's signed, it's hard to believe that he'll sign better in january or the summer.

And his interview with graham spiers, when he was asked what his style of play was that had some Hearts fans hesitant over him coming back, Robbies answer was that his team scored lots of goals last time round..

Unbelievably maybe he somehow has blinkers re how boring, slow & tepid his sides usually are..

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

3. No midweek game before cup final. Celtic probably have 6  games to play before the cup final. 

Celtic will have EASY home tie v Alloa that week...

Edited by assessor
Spelling error

All roads lead to Gorgie

Our walking football team should be a bit fitter given the extra 30mins.

First game of the season, I haven’t stayed up to watch (1AM for me) so feeling nice and fresh on this beautiful Sunday morning ! 

1 hour ago, merrymac said:

How is that a positive.

It's exactly what they need to f*ckin hear

It means they can't blame pressure from the fans for their performance?

Just now, Gizmo said:

It means they can't blame pressure from the fans for their performance?

Yea cos the wee petals need an excuse for losing to Alloa, first time in forever,

No positives after one of the worst results in the club’s history, just read RN comments on the result, we “battered” them according to him, we had one shot on target in the second half and extra time combined!!!
he’s delusional or he’s trying to con the fans

lost in space

I didn't get arrested for screamimg at that **** neilson for being a clueless, boring, talentless, negative, demotivating, blame everyone else, crap judge of player and character.

Scottie Wanshot.
2 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Robbie can't give many of these imposters many more chances.

We're another week closer to the transfer window opening (although we'll probably sign more guff if anything).

need to get rid of the dead wood,  Boyce first to go.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

I'm numb to how shite we are and have been for so long that the results didn't bother or surprise me that much.

Yes that really is my positive 

Sadly, this is where most PHM are at now.

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The only positive is that I'm now totally positive several of that bunch have no future at our great club.

And nobody died (hopefully)

53 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That is a positive indeed. The league has to be our priority this season. 

would take a cup win over winning this league any day of the week Dave

21 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

We had been on a wee run in the cups with 3 SF in a row (winning 2) - win today and we're a decent draw away from another SF. But no, we fail miserably against a part time outfit. 

The more you knock on the door in the cups, ie SF and Final, the more likely it is that you win one. And we blew it big time today. 

26 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

The most important thing is getting back into the top league. 

48 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The most important thing is getting back into the top league. 

no chance. A cup win would be far bigger. After all we've only won the cup 4 times in 114 years. We will get back to the top flight even if it took 2 or 3 years. If we get promotion this year we will probably achieve very little of note in the top flight and have no chance of winning so I'll stick with a cup win anytime. 

Nelly Terraces
3 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Thread title : PMSL.

As for the match : well,  the stream crashed out after 90 minutes and I quite enjoyed the Nascar.

Plus the KFC sign constantly being shown triggered me to get a Zinger burger which I really enjoyed. 

in the end, not a bad day. 

The KFC sign definitely made it worth sitting through mate.:biggrin2:

That & the wine I was drinking.

2 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

The KFC sign definitely made it worth sitting through mate.:biggrin2:

That & the wine I was drinking.

If it wasn't for doctors orders I'd have been battered by now. 😐🍷🍷🍷

Only positive, I’ve not had any at least 20 texts, or WhatsApp messages getting it rammed up me because of the result 😎

NOT !!!

22 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

no chance. A cup win would be far bigger. After all we've only won the cup 4 times in 114 years. We will get back to the top flight even if it took 2 or 3 years. If we get promotion this year we will probably achieve very little of note in the top flight and have no chance of winning so I'll stick with a cup win anytime. 

Financially you are way off. However, there’s no ‘only one or other’ deal anyway. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Financially you are way off. However, there’s no ‘only one or other’ deal anyway. 

bit like the trophy in England for finishing in top 4. great financially but wins you sod all

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Also Dave, I would rather be counting cup winners medals than bank notes

Nelly Terraces
15 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

If it wasn't for doctors orders I'd have been battered by now. 😐🍷🍷🍷

Damn. Sorry to hear that mate, hopefully not on the booze sidelines too long - you need something to wash those Zinger burgers down with plus watching any Hearts game these days is only made bearable with a glass of something alcoholic to go with it!

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Dsjambo said:

No positives after one of the worst results in the club’s history, just read RN comments on the result, we “battered” them according to him, we had one shot on target in the second half and extra time combined!!!
he’s delusional or he’s trying to con the fans

I think Levein left him his “good excuses after bad results” BOOK. 

Central Belt 1874
41 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

One game closer to the end of the Budge “era”.

How many more to go though..... this predictable slow motion car crash has been ongoing for four years.

45 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Damn. Sorry to hear that mate, hopefully not on the booze sidelines too long - you need something to wash those Zinger burgers down with plus watching any Hearts game these days is only made bearable with a glass of something alcoholic to go with it!

The wine cupboard is well stocked but all in moderation for a while to come. :thumbsup:

We lost the first goal.

And as management guru Terry Butcher once said, it's sometimes good to lose the first goal, as that removes the fear of losing the first goal.

4 hours ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Given the dross that he's signed, it's hard to believe that he'll sign better in january or the summer.

And his interview with graham spiers, when he was asked what his style of play was that had some Hearts fans hesitant over him coming back, Robbies answer was that his team scored lots of goals last time round..

Unbelievably maybe he somehow has blinkers re how boring, slow & tepid his sides usually are..

Robbie in his first year of management absolutely cruised it. It was only once we reached the SPL that he started saying it was the wrong style for the top league and he'd have to tighten up. It felt at the time that it was Levein talking not Neilson. I'm hoping this is just a season where we decided due to Covid to just aim for getting promotion and then will do a proper rebuild next summer, but giving players like Roberts 2-year deals worries me greatly...

The only positive I can think of is that we have hit rock bottom early enough to actually fix it.

Whether we CAN and WILL fix it with the current batch of employees is a whole other conversation.

6 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

3. No midweek game before cup final. Celtic probably have 6  games to play before the cup final. 

:spoton:

Seen through the perspective mind of a manager and players wanting to stuff one up the shite bags that stopped the league.  It's no surprise.  I just think playing the younger players could have been an option instead of losers. 

From my own positive perspective we hopefully got zero injuries and another 120 minutes of cup football in preparation for the big one on the 20th.   Chins up, its not over yet.   I am still pissed about losing that league cup match. 

1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

We lost the first goal.

And as management guru Terry Butcher once said, it's sometimes good to lose the first goal, as that removes the fear of losing the first goal.

I'd forgotten that one. :rofl:

5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Nobody is claiming it’s the fans fault 🤷🏻‍♀️

Or the annoying seagulls trying to get a free pie.   Noisy ****ers.   

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

How many more to go though..... this predictable slow motion car crash has been ongoing for four years.

Exactly. This shit has been years on the go and if anything, is getting worse. Our whole "philosophy" is a farce and has been for that same time.

I was a fan of Ann, and as much as it was her bailed us out, we stink from the top down. After that excuse today, the whole place, top to bottom, needs fumigated.

Unbelievable (literally) that we've had this much of a financial advantage over everyone, other than the obvious, yet find ourselves stuck with a ludicrously over-priced stand, a disaster of a "hybrid pitch" and above all, years of mostly garbage players masquerading as footballers.

In all my years I don't think I've been as disillusioned as I feel these days. The whole thing is a total **** up!