Why was Stendel punted?

heatonjambo

16 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

False Stendel was not given a budget in January, he was required to get players out the door, before he could even bring any in as the budget had been blown, he was stuck with a goalkeeper on loan from Man Utd, if we had asked to terminate the loan we would've still had to pay money, so didnt make sense terminating the loan deal, Stendel did want to bring Craig in but you have to remember what sort of wage Craig was on at Celtic, and the fact lennon never wanted to do business anyway. 

We’ll have to agree to disagree. The only people inside Tynecastle that wanted the CG to happen was Budge and McPhee. Stendel wasn’t interested. I never claim to be ITK on here. But I know that. 

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Unknown user

• heatonjambo

• jambocall51

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Or you can genuinely notice he had only 3 months wasn't really given a decent budget, was prepared to play youth and a attractive way of playing football, maybe wasn't able to get the job done against Hamilton etc, but certainly never lost to a team as shit as dunfermline or alloa yet the guy in charge that has is the right guy for the job, and had a set of balls unlike past managers we've had, christophe berra back into the fold, that tells me right there what Robbie Neilson knows about football any time the guy plays, teams on purpose press are other centre half knowing the ball will go to him, but he's so shit and doesn't have any footballing ability with a ball whatsoever it's either a left footed punt up the park or, to turn back with the ball to the goalkeeper or pass it sideways, resulting in heehaw. 

Must have missed the 2-2 game v Hamilton when defenders gave away both goals with shocking defending, the games we continually lost by just making same mistakes week after week, and the wonderful loan signings from Germany and elsewhere he brought in that were just garbage. 

You actually thought watching Hearts lose week after week was attractive football. It was garbage, week after week of pish including losing to Hibs at New Year, something most Hearts managers are crucified for. 

Just look at all the clubs desperate to appoint him since he left Hearts. 

7 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Must have missed the 2-2 game v Hamilton when defenders gave away both goals with shocking defending, the games we continually lost by just making same mistakes week after week, and the wonderful loan signings from Germany and elsewhere he brought in that were just garbage. 

You actually thought watching Hearts lose week after week was attractive football. It was garbage, week after week of pish including losing to Hibs at New Year, something most Hearts managers are crucified for. 

Just look at all the clubs desperate to appoint him since he left Hearts. 

He had 3 months 👍

Did he lose to anyone as bad as dunfermline or alloa? 

Must of forgot the games we smashed rangers twice, and pumping hibs at the San giro within 90 minutes may i add 😉

Edited by Bongo 1874

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He had 3 months 👍

Must of forgot the games we smashed rangers twice, and pumping hibs at the San giro within 90 minutes may i add 😉

You keep saying this 3 month line but are happy to stick the boot into Robbie when he’s had 5 league games? Bizarre 

23 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Given how he inspired us to defeat in the match against St Mirren, a game we all knew was a must win, no one could say with 1% confidence we would have won any big game we had left. 

He left because his record was horrific but because he was foreign, chatted to fans, spoke about a Gegenpress, he had his supporters who still refuse to acknowledge he failed. 

We were picking up points before the St Midden game so there was a glimmer of hope (some big results the games previously, Ross County in free fall, Poppadoms Hands replaced), but probably more blind optimism than anything else. We were rattling through the weekly "must win games" without making up the big ground to help ease the collective sphincter collapse, a point raised on here on more than one occasion. I think by the end of the St Midden game I was done with Stendel, but still felt he deserved the same chance of redemption afforded multiple times to his predecessor. 

Agree with the last paragraph. 

Why does it have to become a Stendel vs Neilson competition? 

Daniel should have made us much harder to beat and then implemented the more attacking side when safe. Must admit though I admire sticking to his philosophies. 

Levein being handed free reign at Hearts has been a disaster. His defensive timid approach to football has set us back years. 

21 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He had 3 months 👍

The Hibs and Rangers games were great but their tactics played right into our hands. Stendel didnt have a clue against teams that sat in, punted long balls over the top for folk to run onto, which was the vast majority of the other games. We were too easy to play against. 

While Stendel didnt lose to the likes of Alloa, he was unable to win against other similarly useless teams like Hamilton and St Mirren and these were massive defining must win games for the club, particularly the last two against Hamilton and St Mirren. Hamilton and St Mirren were as bad as Dunfermline.

Stendel was a nice guy but wasnt up to it tactically with the players that we had. His only solution was to throw on more attackers without anyone to create. We needed to just get results, instead he set the team up without giving them a chance to get results with his kamikaze tactics, especially when we had a ghost in goal (whether he chose to pick him or not). Anyone that was at that St Mirren game will agree that it was one of the worst and most gutless Hearts performances in recent times, particularly when it was a must win game.

As has been covered also, the two guys he brought in from Germany were absolutely terrible.

Malinga the Swinga
15 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He had 3 months 👍

Must  of forgot the games we smashed rangers twice, and pumping hibs at the San giro within 90 minutes may i add 😉

Nope, didn't forget. Seem to remember CL winning at Fester Road earlier this season, seem to remember Robbie winning against them at Hampden as well. 

Was beating Sevco once in league enough to make up for St Mirren away, St Johnstone at home, getting pumped at home to Hibs, getting pumped by Motherwell and various other shockers? Can't say it was. 

3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Bobby's pish mate 

Totally agree. All 3 keepers from last year were. You only have to look at the penalty from last years final to know this. Lunging in and making it easy for Gollum to award. Very naive of him and if they didn’t score then, then I think we’d have held on for the win. 

Do you honestly think DS has unfinished business here and will be back one day? Either that or I’ll have to dye the maroon stendel flag to red amd give to a Sunderland fan lol 

18Jambo_dave74
13 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Daniel should have made us much harder to beat and then implemented the more attacking side when safe. Must admit though I admire sticking to his philosophies. 

Levein being handed free reign at Hearts has been a disaster. His defensive timid approach to football has set us back years. 

Spot on. Saying Stendel did a bad job doesn’t mean you’re saying Levein did a good job or Neilson’s doing a good job. Making a point about one manager doesn’t suddenly mean you’re praising/criticising someone else.

Cathro failed.

Levein failed.

Stendel failed.

There’s various levels of culpability of course but that’s the facts.

2 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Spot on. Saying Stendel did a bad job doesn’t mean you’re saying Levein did a good job or Neilson’s doing a good job. Making a point about one manager doesn’t suddenly mean you’re praising/criticising someone else.

Cathro failed.

Levein failed.

Stendel failed.

Bingo. 

9 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Cathro failed.

Levein failed.

Stendel failed.

Neilson’s failing....

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Or you can genuinely notice he had only 3 months wasn't really given a decent budget, was prepared to play youth and a attractive way of playing football, maybe wasn't able to get the job done against Hamilton etc, but certainly never lost to a team as shit as dunfermline or alloa yet the guy in charge that has is the right guy for the job, and had a set of balls unlike past managers we've had, christophe berra back into the fold, that tells me right there what Robbie Neilson knows about football any time the guy plays, teams on purpose press are other centre half knowing the ball will go to him, but he's so shit and doesn't have any footballing ability with a ball whatsoever it's either a left footed punt up the park or, to turn back with the ball to the goalkeeper or pass it sideways, resulting in heehaw. 

Tbf to all who are arguing and debating back and forth about DS and was he or wasn’t he any good for us....the above post is pretty accurate and a fair analogy of his 3 month tenure with us.

I also don’t think we would’ve lost to Alloa with DS in charge. I also don’t think Tony Macdonald should’ve been let go as i really thought he had something. 

Anyway time will tell as they say. 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Remind me again, how many games did he have against teams as pish as Alloa and Dunfermline?

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

You keep saying this 3 month line but are happy to stick the boot into Robbie when he’s had 5 league games? Bizarre 

Stendel, new league (top league in country,), club in relegation battle, not allowed his own team with him from start, still had previous boss/assistant lurking around.

Neilson, came into a league (a lower division than Stendel)he knows well, brought in with many weeks before start of season, able to bring his team with him, no Levein hanging around.

Stendel and Neilson were dealt nowhere near the same hand.

16 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I didn’t want Stendel to leave but I don’t get Bongo’s obsession. The way he goes on about Stendel sounds like he was pumping him.

The facts are that he should have done better with the squad he had and a more wily manager would have kept us up. However to be fair he came in during a shit storm and it couldn’t have been easy. Although he struggled to bring in the players he wanted due to us being bottom of the league so wouldn’t have been able to bring them in if we were in the championship.

If we had remained in the premiership I would have wanted him to stay but down in the championship I wasn’t too bothered when he got moved on.

olivialinnell
20 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I didn’t want Stendel to leave but I don’t get Bongo’s obsession. The way he goes on about Stendel sounds like he was pumping him.

The facts are that he should have done better with the squad he had and a more wily manager would have kept us up. However to be fair he came in during a shit storm and it couldn’t have been easy. Although he struggled to bring in the players he wanted due to us being bottom of the league so wouldn’t have been able to bring them in if we were in the championship.

If we had remained in the premiership I would have wanted him to stay but down in the championship I wasn’t too bothered when he got moved on.

I've yet to hear a bad word about Stendel. Given what I seen in the documentary that backed that up.

What he done with taking £0 in wages during the fore-front of the scamdemic aswell was different class.

Hearts dealt him 7 deuce off suit, whilst Neilson was given AK spades.

It is what it is, Neilson's big game record first time round was brutal albeit ''left'' us in 3rd.

4 hours ago, DS98 said:

Robbie's first stint at the club is it? 

4 hours ago, Martin said:

The Hibs and Rangers games were great but their tactics played right into our hands. Stendel didnt have a clue against teams that sat in, punted long balls over the top for folk to run onto, which was the vast majority of the other games. We were too easy to play against. 

While Stendel didnt lose to the likes of Alloa, he was unable to win against other similarly useless teams like Hamilton and St Mirren and these were massive defining must win games for the club, particularly the last two against Hamilton and St Mirren. Hamilton and St Mirren were as bad as Dunfermline.

Stendel was a nice guy but wasnt up to it tactically with the players that we had. His only solution was to throw on more attackers without anyone to create. We needed to just get results, instead he set the team up without giving them a chance to get results with his kamikaze tactics, especially when we had a ghost in goal (whether he chose to pick him or not). Anyone that was at that St Mirren game will agree that it was one of the worst and most gutless Hearts performances in recent times, particularly when it was a must win game.

As has been covered also, the two guys he brought in from Germany were absolutely terrible.

😂 They are as bad are they,is that why Hamilton and St mirren play in what league , and alloa and dunfermline are in the same league as them aren't they 🤔

Utter nonsense. 

3 hours ago, Gambo said:

Stendel, new league (top league in country,), club in relegation battle, not allowed his own team with him from start, still had previous boss/assistant lurking around.

Neilson, came into a league (a lower division than Stendel)he knows well, brought in with many weeks before start of season, able to bring his team with him, no Levein hanging around.

Stendel and Neilson were dealt nowhere near the same hand.

Top guy 👍

Imagine actually pining for Stendel. The guy was a catastrophic failure and a major reason we are where we are. Truly horrific tactical awareness that took us from a very poor season and plunged it to new depths. 

His tactics were shite

His signings were worse

He chose to play Pereria game after game. Indefensible.

That’s the last I’ll say on this as there’s clearly some fanatics on here desperately trying to make up excuses for him.

And I’m not even a Neilson fan btw, so it’s not even a Stendel v Robbie thing. 

6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Robbie's first stint at the club is it? 

Bringing up Robbies last time at the club certainly doesn’t strengthen your argument mate. 

14 hours ago, heatonjambo said:

Ok,

following your logic, why didn’t:

leviein do this

cathro do this

the long haired muppet do this 

all of whom where CL devotees 

in a hand full of games he had to turn it around.

he had no chance, but I will admit I felt excited that something new and different might happen

14 hours ago, heatonjambo said:

Ok,

following your logic, why didn’t:

leviein do this

cathro do this

the long haired muppet do this 

all of whom where CL devotees 

in a hand full of games he had to turn it around.

he had no chance, but I will admit I felt excited that something new and different might happen

Why bring Levein and Cathro into it? We are talking about the merits or otherwise of Daniel Stendel.

Levein and Cathro were shite Hearts managers to BTW!