Why was Stendel punted?

heatonjambo

StevenNaismith

He was punted due to the cost involved in what he wanted. He wanted rid of Berra and Naismith for starters. He wanted changes made to the academy, again costing the club money. Neilson was by far and away the cheaper option cos he was happy to work with what he had plus a few budget free transfers. We’ve had the wool pulled over our eyes by AB for too long now.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Unknown user

• heatonjambo

• jambocall51

2 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

He was punted due to the cost involved in what he wanted. He wanted rid of Berra and Naismith for starters. He wanted changes made to the academy, again costing the club money. Neilson was by far and away the cheaper option cos he was happy to work with what he had plus a few budget free transfers. We’ve had the wool pulled over our eyes by AB for too long now.

Didn't want rid of naismith as far as, I'm aware mate he rated naismith big time 👍

And held talks with him regular, hence why naismith is so complimentary of him. 

jack D and coke

Stendel would’ve given us a shot at something different. We’ve seen the best of RN. We’ll never see the best of DS now. 
Scotland is and has seen all its clubs outwith the OF managed by safe, bland and negative managers who’d rather lose 1-0 than really set up a team to have a go. 
For my money he walked into an utter shitshow and upset people. The performances are all too familiar under all the recent managers though and I don’t think AB was comfortable with a man who wouldn’t have just sat there nodding like RN will. 
I don’t want Robbie to fail though but the signs are there for all to see that we know what we’re getting with him. 

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, Whatever said:

Because the fraud **** relegated us.

I judge him on the post winter break form in which we were a comfortable mid table side on results with two wins three losses and the rest draws. Whether he would have been a success longer term we will never know. But to pin responsibility for relegation on him is ridiculous.

Sorry,  but I just don't get the Stendel love-in. He took us from being a relegation threatened piss poor third bottom to being  piss poor four points adrift  relegation favourites.

Yeah, he was passionate.  Yeah, he promised attacking football.  But ultimately he dropped us into bottom place , and that's what sent us down. We are well rid.

Felix Lighter
22 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

He was punted because of his abysmal record in charge.

Having the defence play on the half way line and playing a mannequin in goals didn’t help.

Seems a nice guy though. 

As was Levein. Difference being Levein got five years, Stendal got four months with a squad deeply rooted in Leveins turgid mind set.

It's not difficult to believe what is being suggested on this thread, that AB binned DS because they didn't see eye to eye. Remember the players that were binned in 2015 after being filmed having a sweary sing song in the Tynie Arms, or Sam Nicholson clutching his genitals in a giruy gesture to the vermin? That is the attitude I want to see from Hearts players. As much as I wouldn't approve of signing jakey scumbags of the likes that h1b5 do regularly, if AB hires people on a "my way or the highway" basis then she can do one. It's football, not a popularity contest.

49 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Because Stendel did things differently. 

Correct. That is the last thing you should do in Scottish football, hence there is not one none UK manger employed. 

2 minutes ago, David Black said:

Correct. That is the last thing you should do in Scottish football, hence there is not one none UK manger employed. 

The media also never give foreign coaches a chance with anything less than fluent English used against them. 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Stendel would’ve given us a shot at something different. We’ve seen the best of RN. We’ll never see the best of DS now. 
Scotland is and has seen all its clubs outwith the OF managed by safe, bland and negative managers who’d rather lose 1-0 than really set up a team to have a go. 
For my money he walked into an utter shitshow and upset people. The performances are all too familiar under all the recent managers though and I don’t think AB was comfortable with a man who wouldn’t have just sat there nodding like RN will. 
I don’t want Robbie to fail though but the signs are there for all to see that we know what we’re getting with him. 

Undoubtedly. I'm sure if he'd known how bad things were at Hearts, he would've steered well clear.

26 minutes ago, David Black said:

Shameful. 

4 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Post it or pm please!

•  

You do realise that Craig had already spoken to Robbie about coming back to us. Before he was sacked, he put the idea to Ann that get Robbie back in as manager, and it would be a way of him staying on at the club, going right back into the DOF role. 

Unfortunately the hatred for the guy on here and the protests outside tynecastle, put that idea to bed. 

Stendel wasn't Ann's first choice, 

His name was first mooted on here by a poster, and as the club checks the forum regulary, to get a gauge on how the support feels, decided to look into him. 

I love this club and would never do anything to harm it so won't go any futher to embarrassing it, 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:
  •  

You do realise that Craig had already spoken to Robbie about coming back to us. Before he was sacked, he put the idea to Ann that get Robbie back in as manager, and it would be a way of him staying on at the club, going right back into the DOF role. 

Unfortunately the hatred for the guy on here and the protests outside tynecastle, put that idea to bed. 

Stendel wasn't Ann's first choice, 

His name was first mooted on here by a poster, and as the club checks the forum regulary, to get a gauge on how the support feels, decided to look into him. 

I love this club and would never do anything to harm it so won't go any futher to embarrassing it, 

Sorry mate I forgot to refresh the thread, saw it just after I posted.

What do you think is going to happen now? Will there be any self reflection or are we going to be playing this hoofball as long as it's allowed to happen?

1 minute ago, Sertse said:

Sorry mate I forgot to refresh the thread, saw it just after I posted.

What do you think is going to happen now? Will there be any self reflection or are we going to be playing this hoofball as long as it's allowed to happen?

Robbie is here to stay mate, personally feel Stendel wasn't given much of a chance that's just my opinion, Robbie might get us promoted but whether, he can have us up challenging the old firm remains to be seen, what people seem to forget when we finished 3rd under him which was a good achievement, considering we had just came back up that neither rangers or hibs were in the league at the time, and I think we can all say both hibs and rangers, have better teams now than they did in the championship. 

What you see is what you get with Robbie, he isn't going to change for anybody. 

5 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Robbie is no hoofball merchant 

What kind of merchant is he? 🤔

1. The results weren’t great Another couple of wins and he’d still be here

2. The money he would have needed to build a team evaporated in a cloud of Covid snot.

3. He was technically out of contract and our owner preferred what she thought was a safer pair of hands.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

The media also never give foreign coaches a chance with anything less than fluent English used against them. 

Which is hilarious considering how poor a grasp of it the current managers have. Eloquent speakers they are not. 

Bazzas right boot

Stendel, cares more about Hearts than Cl.

Stendel, never heard of us- hero.

Stendel- taken us to bottom of the league- hero.

Stendel- made good Jan signings.

Stendel-best man for the job.

Stendel- tactical genius.

Stendel- klopp mk2,

Good story.

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Stendel- klopp mk2,

Good story.

You backed Levein every step. Not a good story.

9 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Cos he was shit 

The result against St Midden finished him and us, no going back from that.

TBH his tactics were farcical.

I do think Anne panicked and thought we need someone reliable who can get us promoted straightaway with a track record. Example csaba and mixu at Dundee United 

12 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You want the truth?. 

We want the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth B1874. PM me if you like? I’m sure I can handle it 

7 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

1. The results weren’t great Another couple of wins and he’d still be here

2. The money he would have needed to build a team evaporated in a cloud of Covid snot.

3. He was technically out of contract and our owner preferred what she thought was a safer pair of hands.

Sums it up. The aecond point though, I think he'd have continued to develop the younger players. The money needed would be for when you're back in the Prem.

13 hours ago, jambonian said:

I think he said that he was shocked at the condition of the players for a professional football club. That would seem to ring true as i remember watching some shitey clubs come to Tynecastle and be were quicker at getting to 50-50 balls. we also looked like we were blowing oot wir arses with 10 minutes to go in games. 

He will have had that impression confirmed five minutes into his first game in charge at the very latest. The players managed to play the high press against St. Johnstone for that amount of time before collectively blowing out their arses for the rest of the game. Christ knows what kind of fitness regime Levein had been running.

Gordon Ramsay

Stendel was crap. Just cause Robbie is shit too doesn't mean we need to revisit this. There are surely other men out there who could do a better job than both of them. 

11 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I think this is bang on the money. I’m pretty sure anyone from a German background coming to manage in Scotland will be shocked at the nature of the footballing culture - the half-hearted, negative, sideways and backwards stuff that counts as intelligent football for the fans of possession statistics here. Even at a level way below Bundesliga 1 in Germany, football is all about pace, attacking intent and constant motion. Teams move up and down the field as a unit. The first instinct is to go forward. Here, you’re lucky if there’s anyone in your team breaking forward when you have the ball. So you make the sideways pass. And it’s always to a player who’s standing still. Never in front of him. Static football, and no great level of fitness required to play it.

It’s almost like a cosy conspiracy of mediocrity, and it’s no wonder that Scottish teams at club and international level have been so easy for continental opposition to suss out for so long now.

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Stendel- klopp mk2,

Good story.

get a grip man, if levein cared he would've left earlier plus he wouldn't have steeled a wage for 7 months by doing **** all. sibbick was certainly a good steal if he hadn't got injured stendels story would be on a different path. again we where a sinking ship nobody would've stoped us going down even cl. Stengel was certainly better than rn. your final point is just shear ignorance and why we won't ever be successful because you try and find comparisons to world class managers and judge a man that came from the championship in England to the at the time the European champions manager

I believe Stendel would’ve kept us up had the league not been called (form was up, others like Ross County in free fall).

And I believe he’d have beaten Alloa. We’d have attacked more and had some fight. Plus Moore would’ve started who Stendel was mentoring well.

Budge just likes to be surrounded by her cosy pals and so we have Neilson back. Heck her plan A was to restore Levein back to DoF and have Robbie head coach again. She has learnt nothing and her decision on Stendel is one of her worst. 

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, kila said:

I believe Stendel would’ve kept us up had the league not been called (form was up, others like Ross County in free fall).

And I believe he’d have beaten Alloa. We’d have attacked more and had some fight. Plus Moore would’ve started who Stendel was mentoring well.

Budge just likes to be surrounded by her cosy pals and so we have Neilson back. Heck her plan A was to restore Levein back to DoF and have Robbie head coach again. She has learnt nothing and her decision on Stendel is one of her worst. 

I think I’d have lost my shit had Levein went back upstairs and RN back as manager tbh. Bad enough she brought RN back at all imo. 

15 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Ann didn’t get on with him personally. 

15 hours ago, heatonjambo said:

Is the truth!

seems a bit shortsighted!

I honestly believe this, and have came to the conclusion that she lost complete faith in him. I think in her mind that because she had bought into “long term plans and projects” where Levein led her a merry dance because of her lack of knowledge, and then losing her tried and trusted compatriot, made her initially wary and then she thought that because of a lot of the immediate results with Stendel that he simply wasn’t going to cut it.

I don’t per se, think it was anything to do with her not getting on with him. Maybe he told her a few home truths re the state of the club, and when he was on board, and she didn’t like it. Could possibly be that. 

the option to then renew Stendels contract happened and she used that particular point in time to change direction 

RN option then became available. AB then buckled and went to get her comfort blanket back as she was feeling highly out her depth with having Stendel in place and not seeing or buying into what he was trying to do. 

No personal knowledge or evidence of this and I might be talking complete and utter bollocks but just my own opinion. 

19 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I think I’d have lost my shit had Levein went back upstairs and RN back as manager tbh. Bad enough she brought RN back at all imo

Plenty time for that to happen.......!!!!!

34 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I honestly believe this, and have came to the conclusion that she lost complete faith in him. I think in her mind that because she had bought into “long term plans and projects” where Levein led her a merry dance because of her lack of knowledge, and then losing her tried and trusted compatriot, made her initially wary and then she thought that because of a lot of the immediate results with Stendel that he simply wasn’t going to cut it.

I don’t per se, think it was anything to do with her not getting on with him. Maybe he told her a few home truths re the state of the club, and when he was on board, and she didn’t like it. Could possibly be that. 

the option to then renew Stendels contract happened and she used that particular point in time to change direction 

RN option then became available. AB then buckled and went to get her comfort blanket back as she was feeling highly out her depth with having Stendel in place and not seeing or buying into what he was trying to do. 

No personal knowledge or evidence of this and I might be talking complete and utter bollocks but just my own opinion. 

Cheers 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
29 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

He was given the opportunity.

He didn't take .

He can have no complaints.

Apart from that I like him.

He got 17 games at Hearts. 17 games.

Meanwhile, McPhee was part of the utter shambles that was Levein’s long tenure and Budge was trying to give him the fecking job when Levein ‘left’! 

It’s not difficult to work out why we’re such a shit show. Our owner is running us like a golf club

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Meanwhile, McPhee was part of the utter shambles that was Levein’s long tenure and Budge was trying to give him the fecking job when Levein ‘left’! 

It’s not difficult to work out why we’re such a shit show. Our owner is running us like a golf club

I’ve been as patient as a I can with them all and I’m now of the opinion we need to get AB out the door or the club will meander on like this for a while yet. 
The football side of the club is absolutely ****ing dreadful. 

I always think the hardest jobs in Scottish football are managing Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs. Being an OF manager means spending millions and coming top 2, but over the course of the season all you have to do is develop a team to play 11 teams which sit in and one which will attack you. The managers of the 35 or so wee teams just need a team that can sit in and counter. The managers of the Edinburgh and Aberdeen teams need to develop a team that will sit in versus the OF and sometimes in away games, or can beat a team that is sitting in, or have a setup for playing against teams that you don't know if they will sit in or attack until the time of the match...

The worst thing Budge has done is go boom and bust - Neilson is cautious; Cathro is suicidal; Levein is cautious, Stendal is gung-ho, Neilson is cautious, and EVERY single one of these changes except the last one was made during the season...and the last one was made during a pandemic!

1 hour ago, kila said:

Great post kila and last sentence is bang on,lost our chance of hope and something a bit different,now stuck with a few more years of perennial underachieving and beige,bland,dull and uninspiring football.

Sad to feel so apathetic now and relieved that attendance is not possible.

2 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

Great post kila and last sentence is bang on,lost our chance of hope and something a bit different,now stuck with a few more years of perennial underachieving and beige,bland,dull and uninspiring football.

Sad to feel so apathetic now and relieved that attendance is not possible.

Maybe fans in attendance voicing their frustration is what's needed to give them a rocket up their 4rses!!  

3 minutes ago, Firefox said:

Maybe fans in attendance voicing their frustration is what's needed to give them a rocket up their 4rses!!  

Sadly hasn't helped in recent times.🤷

7 hours ago, JamTarts98 said:

You backed Levein every step. Not a good story.

You would thought after that embarrassment Tosh would disappear but no he’s still on here waffling away! 

20 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I'm not defending the shitshow in any way.

However Stendel knew that his immediate priority was to get out of the relegation zone.

When your house is on fire having a long-term strategy for fire prevention is all well and good, but it's not of immediate concern. We needed results quickly, that was his job.

Everyone knew our keepers were rubbish, but he didn't bring anyone in when he had the chance, and he persisted with the worst of them costing  valuable points.

Everyone's free to speculate until their hearts content about what might have been, but the fact is we were joint bottom in a 3 way split when he arrived, but we're 4 points adrift when the music stopped.

He can have no complaints about the break clause in his contract being activated.

That said the way he found out about it is a disgrace, and considering he gave up his wages during lockdown, the club should have had the decency to tell him before recruiting his replacement.

But it's been amateur hour for years now so not a surprise.

In all honesty there’s not much point in debating it.  He’s gone.  Personally I think if he had won at Paisley he’d still be here.  Then again if he’d won at Paisley we’d still be in the premiership.  In the end it all came down to that game.