Why was Stendel punted?

heatonjambo

I suspect he came in and started to changes things all over the place. I think this threatened the status quo too much for Ann's liking and probably resulted in a ton of back biting from folks that were entirely beholden to Ann. If you look at Berra for instance he was found out so he got punted, now he returns as a prodigal. How is he conceivably the future of the club, even if he does have a steady season and all goes to plan do we really think he'll cut it back in the top league? Ditto giving kids their chance and turning around players we'd all given up on.

When I reflect on it I suspect that was entirely what was/is required and I'm quite disappointed we didn't get the chance to see him strut his stuff.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Unknown user

• heatonjambo

• jambocall51

1 minute ago, Redhelen said:

True. And there's plenty omof this season left for you and a cup final to look forward to  

Stop trying to lighten the doom, gloom, and angst on here immediately!!!   :seething:

2 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

I suspect he came in and started to changes things all over the place. I think this threatened the status quo too much for Ann's liking and probably resulted in a ton of back biting from folks that were entirely beholden to Ann. If you look at Berra for instance he was found out so he got punted, now he returns as a prodigal. How is he conceivably the future of the club, even if he does have a steady season and all goes to plan do we really think he'll cut it back in the top league? Ditto giving kids their chance and turning around players we'd all given up on.

When I reflect on it I suspect that was entirely what was/is required and I'm quite disappointed we didn't get the chance to see him strut his stuff.

He did say the club was too unprofessional. That must've hurt Ann.

It isn't a question of Stendel or Robbie. There's something rotten in the state of Denmark, and until we can sort out whatever it is, we won't be going anywhere fast.

1 hour ago, heatonjambo said:

Ok ,

im as p1ssed as everyone else at the moment, and honestly never wanted Nielson back, for the very reasons we are now seeing.

lack of imagination, drive, hunger etc.

from what I understand the German was keen to stay and move us forward.

why the long fanfair to get him?

paying for his staff

then punting after a few months.

I just doesn’t hang right.

there is something wrong at the moment at the club. Not really sure what it is, but I can’t be just That Anne is a tea lady.

I know there is a poster who ‘plays the bongos’ appears to have some insight in to the stendel situation.

can anyone provide some info as i neck my second beer!

You want the truth?. 

Just now, Tennant's 6's said:

Certainly didn't seem to be much chemistry between them in that crappy bbc doc.

He wasn't perfect & his insistence on that dud keeper and playing a high line with a slow defence was madness, but he clearly had a style that he believed in & adhered to.

Would've been interesting if he was able to ship out the dross and bring his own players in. Although the jan window was dire..

We were never going to turn it around fully in one transfer window. Even Moreno recently said it can take several windows to turn a squad around. He'd made a start at getting the wasters out like Mulraney and Whelan who were in their comfort zone and signed Sibbick and Boyce who was there to play his attacking style. Berra wasn't suited to the style he wanted to adopt, it's football, it happens but it didn't stop Berra whinging to the press. As for the insistence of playing Pereira, it seems it was out of his hands and the deal was to play him every week regardless. He did sign two wasters...Langer and Avdijaj when it was obvious that the defence was iffy. I reckon that would've been sorted out by now if he was still here, and no Popescu would've been in a Hearts shirt. We still had 24 points to play for so who knows if it would've worked out. I mean.....14/15 weeks in the job!? Totally unrealistic.

Just now, EH11 2NL said:

Because he relegated Hearts

With 24 points still to play for!? I think i'll go and have a few beers as well. After today it seems like a good shout.

34 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

I honestly think you'd have had a very enjoyable season as we did if he'd continued and had a pre season to properly get his ideas across. Seems like Naismith appreciated his managerial style, which surprised me a bit as I had him more as a stick with what you know type. I think you'd have got Sibbick back too.

100% sibbick first choice was us and wanted to stay at us, enjoyed his short stay in Edinburgh. 

51 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I think it was probably financial.Cheaper to cut ties and bring Robbie in imo.

Not sure that's correct. We had to pay a big wedge in compo to DU, since he'd recently signed a new contract there.    Would McCulloch & Forrest be any cheaper than Tonge and the big German ex-goalie ?  

Ann's MO is to surround herself as much as possible with people she knows, trusts and gets on well with. Thats why Jackie Park is her right-hand (wo)man - Finance Director.  She obviously liked and respected Robbie from the last time. 

Just now, kila said:

He did say the club was too unprofessional. That must've hurt Ann.

I think he said that he was shocked at the condition of the players for a professional football club. That would seem to ring true as i remember watching some shitey clubs come to Tynecastle and be were quicker at getting to 50-50 balls. we also looked like we were blowing oot wir arses with 10 minutes to go in games. 

Just now, jambonian said:

With 24 points still to play for!? I think i'll go and have a few beers as well. After today it seems like a good shout.

Call it whatever you want mate, if it makes it easier to stomach. We couldn't control the vote, we could control the league position. This man had us 2 0 down at home against Hamilton ffs, saved by the red and still only got a point. 

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Not sure that's correct. We had to pay a big wedge in compo to DU, since he'd recently signed a new contract there.    Would McCulloch & Forrest be any cheaper than Tonge and the big German ex-goalie ?  

Ann's MO is to surround herself as much as possible with people she knows, trusts and gets on well with. Thats why Jackie Park is her right-hand (wo)man - Finance Director.  She obviously liked and respected Robbie from the last time. 

Maybe then as I said was just my thoughts

You do realise that Craig had already spoken to Robbie about coming back to us. Before he was sacked, he put the idea to Ann that get Robbie back in as manager, and it would be a way of him staying on at the club, going right back into the DOF role. 

Unfortunately the hatred for the guy on here and the protests outside tynecastle, put that idea to bed. 

Stendel wasn't Ann's first choice, 

His name was first mooted on here by a poster, and as the club checks the forum regulary, to get a gauge on how the support feels, decided to look into him. 

I love this club and would never do anything to harm it so won't go any futher to embarrassing it, 

Just now, EH11 2NL said:

Call it whatever you want mate, if it makes it easier to stomach. We couldn't control the vote, we could control the league position. This man had us 2 0 down at home against Hamilton ffs, saved by the red and still only got a point. 

In fairness you could say that about plenty Levein games as well. He should've been shown the door the night we were embarrassed 5-0 by Livvy but still he was allowed to carry on downhill at an alarming rate. Three wins in nine months or something? The long and short of it is that we were heading downwards anyway and Stendel had already started showing the door to the likes of Berra, Mulraney and Whelan. There were plenty more he would've got shot of if he could, contracts made that almost impossible in one transfer window. There was 24 points still to play for and no-one knows., or ever will know if we would've been able to save ourselves. Keeping Levein on after 3 years of downward spiral was heading us in the direction of the Championship anyway.

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You do realise that Craig had already spoken to Robbie about coming back to us. Before he was sacked, he put the idea to Ann that get Robbie back in as manager, and it would be a way of him staying on at the club, going right back into the DOF role. 

Unfortunately the hatred for the guy on here and the protests outside tynecastle, put that idea to bed. 

His name was first mooted on here by a poster, and as the club checks the forum regulary, to get a gauge on how the support feels, decided to look into him. 

I love this club and would never do anything to harm it so won't go any futher to embarrassing it, 

The CL haters will go to town on that !!

6 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Correct

Suspect Stendel came in and asked too many awkward questions, and made difficult demands.

First chance to replace him with "nice " Robbie, straight in.

She couldn't even let Stendel know he was being replaced before Robbie was announced. I find that hard to fathom from someone so "professional" as Ann.

Think it might have been a deliberate put down.

39 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Yep, well, if he'd managed to get and keep us off bottom place that might well have been the case. He certainly came across as a great lad and had a refreshingly-positive approach and ideas.

Unfortunately, we'll never know...

:humbug:

True. And there's plenty of this season left for you and a cup final to look forward to  

Just now, merrymac said:

Correct

Suspect Stendel came in and asked too many awkward questions, and made difficult demands.

First chance to replace him with "nice " Robbie, straight in.

She couldn't even let Stendel know he was being replaced before Robbie was announced. I find that hard to fathom from someone so "professional" as Ann.

Think it might have been a deliberate put down.

Oh, but she did try to contact Daniel before the Robbie announcement......or so she says!

You do realise that Craig had already spoken to Robbie about coming back to us. Before he was sacked, he put the idea to Ann that get Robbie back in as manager, and it would be a way of him staying on at the club, going right back into the DOF role. 

Would explain Crsig Levein 's emphatic " no" when asked if he was surprised that Robbie Nielson had bee appointed on the documentary last week 

Just now, jambonian said:

Oh, but she did try to contact Daniel before the Robbie announcement......or so she says!

Well she would wouldn't she.

In this modern technology age she could not get hold of him???

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Cheers Bongo....That is just incredible!

The successful business woman and owner of a multi million £ business reacts to popular opinion rather than follow strict business sense?

Again, knowing how flawed Levein was, and discredited in the eyes of most why did Budge even want to consult him, or seek his opinion?  

This news makes us more Micky Mouse than we would have thought possible.

Based on what you have said......What are the chances that she brings Levein back into the fold to hold her hand again?

Just now, merrymac said:

Well she would wouldn't she.

In this modern technology age she could not get hold of him???

I know. All this technical wizzardry we have nowadays eh? Apparently people can even send a message on a hand-held phone thingy these days! I know! A phone that isn't connected to your wall! Who knew!

36 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It isn't a question of Stendel or Robbie. There's something rotten in the state of Denmark, and until we can sort out whatever it is, we won't be going anywhere fast.

Correct 

10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You’re loving this. That’s all you love. That and the greaseball Daniel of course 😷.

Youve been proven to tell lies before with your itk transfer shite so you’re hardly going to tell the truth on this.

37 minutes ago, redjambo said:

This. 

1 minute ago, jambonian said:

I know. All this technical wizzardry we have nowadays eh? Apparently people can even send a message on a hand-held phone thingy these days! I know! A phone that isn't connected to your wall! Who knew!

I am sure Ann has a number of technology loaded contact devices in her lovely maroon handbag.

But obviously doesn't know how to use them:rofl:

8 minutes ago, jambonian said:

In fairness you could say that about plenty Levein games as well. He should've been shown the door the night we were embarrassed 5-0 by Livvy but still he was allowed to carry on downhill at an alarming rate. Three wins in nine months or something? The long and short of it is that we were heading downwards anyway and Stendel had already started showing the door to the likes of Berra, Mulraney and Whelan. There were plenty more he would've got shot of if he could, contracts made that almost impossible in one transfer window. There was 24 points still to play for and no-one knows., or ever will know if we would've been able to save ourselves. Keeping Levein on after 3 years of downward spiral was heading us in the direction of the Championship anyway.

Yeah totally agree about Levein. However no one made Stendal position the defensive line on the half way line whilst we lost goal after goal. The rot had well and truly started before Stendals time, but he had ample opportunity to keep us off the bottom of the table. All IMO of course. 

20 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

That shouldn’t be acceptable though in football or any walk of life you put yourself out of your comfort soon. It’s all well having people you trust but having too many when they aren’t up to the job is a recipe for disaster 

Funny enough I think if Robbie had been brought in when Levein got punted there'd have been uproar but I think he would have immediately made us harder to beat and we might have stayed up. Stendel brought in when Robbie was and we'd be a different team.

5 minutes ago, The Roller said:

You’re loving this. That’s all you love. That and the greaseball Daniel of course 😷.

Youve been proven to tell lies before with your itk transfer shite so you’re hardly going to tell the truth on this.

Was i lying about Thiam if you check the documentary?. 

I think Stendal would've been playing Alloa with 3 defenders and 5 up front. We'd have either won 6-0 or lost 0-3.

Remember Stendal couldn't beat the teams that sat in doggedly either.

Edited by Spellczech

39 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Yes..... I think that is an accurate statement.    Several signs to support your theory too -

no goalscorers appearing in the U17/U18 ranks for several years now...... 

the goalscorers we've brought in (with good records at other clubs) have been a shadow of themselves at Hearts (apart

from Lafferty).  

too much ponderous possession football with no-one willing to take a lead or have a shot.

Frustrating when you see the likes of St. Johnstone & St. Mirren rebound well whenever they've  gone through a losing streak. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, heatonjambo said:

Ok ,

im as p1ssed as everyone else at the moment, and honestly never wanted Nielson back, for the very reasons we are now seeing.

lack of imagination, drive, hunger etc.

from what I understand the German was keen to stay and move us forward.

why the long fanfair to get him?

paying for his staff

then punting after a few months.

I just doesn’t hang right.

there is something wrong at the moment at the club. Not really sure what it is, but I can’t be just That Anne is a tea lady.

I know there is a poster who ‘plays the bongos’ appears to have some insight in to the stendel situation.

can anyone provide some info as i neck my second beer!

I liked him but I’m not sure old Ann did. 
I’m absolutely positive Levein told her to get Neilson back. She’s totally out her depth in the world of Scottish football and goes with what Levein says, still. Even picking Stendel at hat time with the squad we had shows a lack of understanding.  
Im not sure with the players we have on the contracts they’ve got that we would’ve been able to get rid of enough of the dross to get his own players in to be honest. Next summer when most of the shite are away would’ve been a better time for him. 
As a few have said right man at the wrong time. 

1 hour ago, jambocall51 said:

**** sake sorry but this is what’s wrong with us we’re happy with hoofball mangers! We where always going to go down it was inevitable if I’m honest the foundations we had built whilst with levein completely crashed down we where like a sinking ship. The smart thing to do was to give stendel a pre season and let him bring in his players budge never gave him that

👍

28 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The club need to check the forum tonight and realise something isn’t right starting with Robbie and his recruitment.

Just now, Agentjambo said:

The club need to check the forum tonight and realise something isn’t right starting with Robbie and his recruitment.

Check the documentary we had recently you will see the club check the forum, im not making anything up 😊

DS could never change the club or team to the way he wanted it in the space of the four months he was there. No Coach could. All can do is try to start to introduce ideas.

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Check the documentary we had recently you will see the club check the forum, im not making anything up 😊

No,I believe you 100%.Just hope they read it tonight.

1 hour ago, Regular John said:

Stendel was a one trick pony, no plan B and couldn't get the best out of the players at his disposal.

Any manager can be a diet tin pot Klopp and play with a gegenpressing model, but it takes a decent manager to make it work.

So you give a manager less than half a season to get things 100% perfected with players that aren’t his. The man deserved at least a full season starting with the summer window to get some of his type of player in. We know what we’re getting with Robbie and he will probably get us promoted but their won’t be many games like Easter road or Rangers at Tynecastle last year. 

Scottie Wanshot.
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

He played the hologram in goals too much.

His side was set up like a primary school side that got picked off at will especially at home. 

he never learned from either of the above.

also clear that him and budge had a frosty relationship from the documentary and also the fact she didn’t even bother telling him he was replaced.

stendell was not the right guy at the time. I liked him and will always have a soft spot for him after being at Easter road for that win.

totally agree

18Jambo_dave74

He was punted because of his abysmal record in charge.

Having the defence play on the half way line and playing a mannequin in goals didn’t help.

Seems a nice guy though.