Why was Stendel punted?

heatonjambo

Ok ,

im as p1ssed as everyone else at the moment, and honestly never wanted Nielson back, for the very reasons we are now seeing.

lack of imagination, drive, hunger etc.

from what I understand the German was keen to stay and move us forward.

why the long fanfair to get him?

paying for his staff

then punting after a few months.

I just doesn’t hang right.

there is something wrong at the moment at the club. Not really sure what it is, but I can’t be just That Anne is a tea lady.

I know there is a poster who ‘plays the bongos’ appears to have some insight in to the stendel situation.

can anyone provide some info as i neck my second beer!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Unknown user

• heatonjambo

• jambocall51

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Ann didn’t get on with him personally. 

Is the truth!

seems a bit shortsighted!

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Probably the very reason to keep him.

Tennant's  6's
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Certainly didn't seem to be much chemistry between them in that crappy bbc doc.

He wasn't perfect & his insistence on that dud keeper and playing a high line with a slow defence was madness, but he clearly had a style that he believed in & adhered to.

Would've been interesting if he was able to ship out the dross and bring his own players in. Although the jan window was dire..

1 minute ago, heatonjambo said:

Not as shite as this

Yeah cause Stendal had a great record v teams that sat in and hit you an the counter.

6 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

Ok ,

im as p1ssed as everyone else at the moment, and honestly never wanted Nielson back, for the very reasons we are now seeing.

lack of imagination, drive, hunger etc.

from what I understand the German was keen to stay and move us forward.

why the long fanfair to get him?

paying for his staff

then punting after a few months.

I just doesn’t hang right.

there is something wrong at the moment at the club. Not really sure what it is, but I can’t be just That Anne is a tea lady.

I know there is a poster who ‘plays the bongos’ appears to have some insight in to the stendel situation.

can anyone provide some info as i neck my second beer!

she took the cheap option

Stendel would have sorted things out eventually. I have no doubt about that. And I like Robbie.  I do know that I at least looked forward to Hearts matches under Stendel. And I remember Tynecastle finally rocking in the game against Aberdeen. Let alone Rangers. He just did not sort out that long ball against our defence. I've no doubt he would have. 

I really like Robbie Neilson but that performance was completely unacceptable.

Anne couldn’t get along with him and she was too scared to go for something big and potentially change this club around except she went back to the old hoofball managers we had before 

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

Probably came down to money in the end as I can't imagine Stendel and his team would have come cheaply. 

Good post. 

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Stendel was another Budge folly tbh. A guy like a Tommy Wright was what was needed to turn it around. Budge likes yes men though. 

The one big error of stendel was sticking with el gatto 

if he had sorted that out we would have stayed up.

I think there was something amiss there as in he needed to pick him contractually.

I can’t think of any other reason

He played the hologram in goals too much.

His side was set up like a primary school side that got picked off at will especially at home. 

he never learned from either of the above.

also clear that him and budge had a frosty relationship from the documentary and also the fact she didn’t even bother telling him he was replaced.

stendell was not the right guy at the time. I liked him and will always have a soft spot for him after being at Easter road for that win.

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Stendel was another Budge folly tbh. A guy like a Tommy Wright was what was needed to turn it around. Budge likes yes men though. 

**** sake sorry but this is what’s wrong with us we’re happy with hoofball mangers! We where always going to go down it was inevitable if I’m honest the foundations we had built whilst with levein completely crashed down we where like a sinking ship. The smart thing to do was to give stendel a pre season and let him bring in his players budge never gave him that

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, jambocall51 said:

Anne couldn’t get along with him and she was too scared to go for something big and potentially change this club around except she went back to the old hoofball managers we had before 

Robbie is no hoofball merchant 

rudi must stay

We played some good stuff under Robbie before and to be fair we have played some alright stuff so far. It's a tough loss but he is better than both Wright and Levein 

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

We played some good stuff under Robbie before and to be fair we have played some alright stuff so far. It's a tough loss but he is better than both Wright and Levein 

And what are you basing that on??????

To be fair, Robbie had had two cracks at the Championship and romped them both. He was the best available option on paper.

Stendel had proven nothing in his time with us.

3 minutes ago, jambocall51 said:

**** sake sorry but this is what’s wrong with us we’re happy with hoofball mangers! We where always going to go down it was inevitable if I’m honest the foundations we had built whilst with levein completely crashed down we where like a sinking ship. The smart thing to do was to give stendel a pre season and let him bring in his players budge never gave him that

Stendel might have done okay with a pre season and backing but he had to dig the side out a hole and he just dug it deeper. A guy like Wright would have shaken it up and booted erses. Budge was thinking Cathro 2.0.  Robbie doesn't really have the players running through walls for him either. Having a laugh most of them.

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Stendel might have done okay with a pre season and backing but he had to dig the side out a hole and he just dug it deeper. A guy like Wright would have shaken it up and booted erses. Budge was thinking Cathro 2.0.  Robbie doesn't really have the players running through walls for him either. Having a laugh most of them.

Footballs a game where  nothing is guaranteed you don’t just win by showing up and you don’t just fail either snything can happen. So for her to predict another cathro is just naive and just shows we’ll never be successful under her. She should’ve given him a chance. No body would’ve booted that squad of players up the arse but I could be wrong

Stendel was a one trick pony, no plan B and couldn't get the best out of the players at his disposal.

Any manager can be a diet tin pot Klopp and play with a gegenpressing model, but it takes a decent manager to make it work.

1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

Relegated?

Whatever you wanna call it. Harsh reality is he had us bottom when it was called, had plenty opportunities to be higher up the table. 

7 minutes ago, Regular John said:

Stendel was a one trick pony, no plan B and couldn't get the best out of the players at his disposal.

Any manager can be a diet tin pot Klopp and play with a gegenpressing model, but it takes a decent manager to make it work.

He was pretty successful with it at Barnsley and you must’ve lived under a rock while he was with us. Just sounds like you wanted him too fail

8 minutes ago, Regular John said:

Okay he wasn’t great however it was starting to work out well just the players would bottle it like they normally did

6 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

The one big error of stendel was sticking with le gateaux

if he had sorted that out we would have stayed up.

I think there was something amiss there as in he needed to pick him contractually.

I can’t think of any other reason

f.t.f.y.

As others have said, if we'd managed to land Gordon in the previous January transfer window, I think it's likely we wouldn't have been at the foot of the table when the league was called.

Regarding Budge's relationship with Stendel, if the stories are true that they didn't get on then why did Hearts recruit him in the first place? You usually get some sort of impression of a candidate's personality and character at the interview stage - and presumably there was more than one of these, in person or via video link - and if she felt then that she'd struggle to work with him, why was he appointed? Not really having a go at either party, although my sympathies are very much with Stendel, but it does all seem strange.

Did Budge merely succumb to what was seen as "fan-pressure" to appoint him, after the poll on here that named him as the most popular potential manager?

Note that I'm not claiming that JKB represents the views of all or most of the fans, or that it has a significant impact on club decisions; I've no idea what if any influence it does have. The whole business comes across as very badly-handled and odd though.

12 minutes ago, Regular John said:

Sounds a bit like our current manager except he's playing part timers. 

The Hogfather

Stendel was undone by individual errors made by experienced pros. It wasn't tactics or approach that ruined us, it was the defence giving away cheap goals and the goalkeeping department being so horrendously poor.

Worth remembering he earned more points with those losers over the same number of games as the guy someone on this board has described as "Our Craig".

I honestly think you'd have had a very enjoyable season as we did if he'd continued and had a pre season to properly get his ideas across. Seems like Naismith appreciated his managerial style, which surprised me a bit as I had him more as a stick with what you know type. I think you'd have got Sibbick back too.

19 minutes ago, Regular John said:

He needed his own players to make it work. Lee, Walker, Naismith, Berra to name a few would not be near his squads. 

36 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Robbie is no hoofball merchant 

Was away to say this. Complain about the sideways passing , the lack of urgency , the lack of intensity , the lack of movement but you cannot moan by saying we are hoofball

merchants. 

3 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

I honestly think you'd have had a very enjoyable season as we did if he'd continued and had a pre season to properly get his ideas across. Seems like Naismith appreciated his managerial style, which surprised me a bit as I had him more as a stick with what you know type. I think you'd have got Sibbick back too.

Yep, well, if he'd managed to get and keep us off bottom place that might well have been the case. He certainly came across as a great lad and had a refreshingly-positive approach and ideas.

Unfortunately, we'll never know...

:humbug:

Weren't there off the field issues alluded to in statements from Barnsley?

I'm not going to speculate what those issues were but I wonder if they were repeated at Hearts.

45 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Tommy Wright :vrface:

He's a ****ing dinosaur, who employs Route One tactics at every opportunity. "If in doubt, kick them off the park".

Hearts should aspire to be more than a team of cloggers who play the hard man act first, and football second. 

3 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Yep, well, if he'd managed to get and keep us off bottom place that might well have been the case. He certainly came across as a great lad and had a refreshingly-positive approach and ideas.

Unfortunately, we'll never know...

:humbug:

True. And there's plenty omof this season left for you and a cup final to look forward to