hearts squad

wattie exploited

Just now, soonbe110 said:

No idea but if fit he would have been involved on Sat I think. Maybe self isolating. 

Maybe n8 but I dont think so. Robbie hasnt had him involved in any of the games I dont think, maybe 1 midweek game in the Betfred group stages but nothing else, jus dont think he fancies him. I mean his comments before he even got on the training ground were he wanted 3 wide players....brought them in and to be honest they are all brutal.

Would he have been better giving the young players a chance...maybe..but thats all supposition but looking at whats there now I seriously dont think they could be any worse

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wattie exploited

• Naisysback

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

Just now, Naisysback said:

Maybe n8 but I dont think so. Robbie hasnt had him involved in any of the games I dont think, maybe 1 midweek game in the Betfred group stages but nothing else, jus dont think he fancies him. I mean his comments before he even got on the training ground were he wanted 3 wide players....brought them in and to be honest they are all brutal.

Would he have been better giving the young players a chance...maybe..but thats all supposition but looking at whats there now I seriously dont think they could be any worse

Has scored in bounce games fir players not playing in first team. Think he got two against airdie or somebody.   Very  difficult  to retain match fitness with no reserve games.

One of our squad training pods are self isolating so could be Moore is part of that group.  

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Has scored in bounce games fir players not playing in first team. Think he got two against airdie or somebody.   Very  difficult  to retain match fitness with no reserve games.

One of our squad training pods are self isolating so could be Moore is part of that group.  

Did he not score 4 v Airdrie? Lewis Moore scored a couple v Rangers B team a week or two ago too. 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I agree the lack of reserve football doesnt help any of the players and trying to arrange bounce games is difficult as well as no one wants to take the chance.

I have watched Moore over the years and he is a hard working player but he lacks that bit of quality that you need from your attacking players. It may be that at this level he would be an asset as he is direct but not for the top flight, needs better than that. See people talking about Morrisson as well, saying he is scoring goals etc...he always scored goals at that level but when he moved up to the top flight his lack of quality and decision making were glaringly obvious. Thats why I was pissed McDonald was let go becasue he has that quality, not as quick as the other 2 maybe but certainly in terms of decision making and execution he is miles ahead...will be a loss as I think we will hear more about him in the next couple of years.

39 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Did he not score 4 v Airdrie? Lewis Moore scored a couple v Rangers B team a week or two ago too. 

Henderson scored four v airdrie I think. 

30 minutes ago, Naisysback said:

I agree the lack of reserve football doesnt help any of the players and trying to arrange bounce games is difficult as well as no one wants to take the chance.

I have watched Moore over the years and he is a hard working player but he lacks that bit of quality that you need from your attacking players. It may be that at this level he would be an asset as he is direct but not for the top flight, needs better than that. See people talking about Morrisson as well, saying he is scoring goals etc...he always scored goals at that level but when he moved up to the top flight his lack of quality and decision making were glaringly obvious. Thats why I was pissed McDonald was let go becasue he has that quality, not as quick as the other 2 maybe but certainly in terms of decision making and execution he is miles ahead...will be a loss as I think we will hear more about him in the next couple of years.

Agree re Moore. Re McDonald, yes he should have been able to be a star at this level however you have to look after your fitness over the summer, give 100% at every training session and really apply yourself when out on loan if you want play for the first team. 

14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agree re Moore. Re McDonald, yes he should have been able to be a star at this level however you have to look after your fitness over the summer, give 100% at every training session and really apply yourself when out on loan if you want play for the first team. 

McDonald was running 5km in under 15mins over the Summer. I was talking to his dad recently and he said  he went back fit and strong, even bought himself a bench and weights to use while on furlough. In terms of the loan, he went to DAFC with a back problem and when he got fit Stendel recalled him. The boy has real talent and will probably be much better suited to football abroad, where the emphasis is on ability and now on how big you are or how fast you can run. Other one is Cochrane. Another young player who would offer more that is currently on offer. He is tenacious and aloways looks to pass the ball forward, incredible how much we have let his development slip in 2 years....that is down to the club not having proper development plans in place for the youngsters and an inexperienced coaching setup under CL. To have someone like Harry on loan at Montrose is a joke. Why didnt we put him to a full time club in the Championship nstead of going down a league, seems very strange to me, cant see how that develops him playing with part itme players in a what is essentially a part time league give or take a couple of clubs.

7 minutes ago, Naisysback said:

McDonald was running 5km in under 15mins over the Summer. I was talking to his dad recently and he said  he went back fit and strong, even bought himself a bench and weights to use while on furlough. In terms of the loan, he went to DAFC with a back problem and when he got fit Stendel recalled him. The boy has real talent and will probably be much better suited to football abroad, where the emphasis is on ability and now on how big you are or how fast you can run. Other one is Cochrane. Another young player who would offer more that is currently on offer. He is tenacious and aloways looks to pass the ball forward, incredible how much we have let his development slip in 2 years....that is down to the club not having proper development plans in place for the youngsters and an inexperienced coaching setup under CL. To have someone like Harry on loan at Montrose is a joke. Why didnt we put him to a full time club in the Championship nstead of going down a league, seems very strange to me, cant see how that develops him playing with part itme players in a what is essentially a part time league give or take a couple of clubs.

Strange that he hasn’t started last two games for Montrose. Maybe carrying a knock. 
we had him at a full time club in the Championship last season and he didn’t earn much game time. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Strange that he hasn’t started last two games for Montrose. Maybe carrying a knock. 
we had him at a full time club in the Championship last season and he didn’t earn much game time. 

He played quite a few games for Dunfermline last season, saw a couple of them as it was just down the road and thought he did ok, starngely playing as a holding midfieler, not his strongest position. It was about developing though, play a couple of games, come off the bench, rest a couple...not about starting every game. Thats what Hearts should have done, same as Aberdeen doing with Dean Campbell, Rangers with Patterson...developing them slowly, keeping them involved, putting them in, taking them out atthe right times...instead CL bought anyone who could kick a ball in a straight line and a few who couldnt and the youngsters ended up isolated....

5 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Terrible performance, hopefully the needed wake up call that we need some drive in midfield and pace out wide. Neilson is a good manager but he overthinks his tactics too often. Stretch these pish teams and we'll win games, its as simple as that.

This is my gripe. We aren’t honed, or don’t seem to be, on the basics of hard work.

Managers now look for the refined, polished performance where they think the quality will win alone in the end. 

The fundamentals need to be there first. A good performance, something the fans identify with, comes from seeing your team out-will the opponent and afterwards you talk of how our quality shone through because of it. It comes across as if we have a delusional bunch who think they are too good.  

Edited by Debut 4

3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

This is my gripe. We aren’t honed, or don’t seem to be, on the basics of hard work.

Managers now look for the refined, polished performance where they think the quality will win alone in the end. 

The fundamentals need to be there first. A good performance, something the fans identify with, comes from seeing your team out-will the opponent and afterwards you talk of how our quality shone through because of it. It comes across as if we have a delusional bunch who think they are too good.  

Dont know why Boyce started on saturday, something far wrong, fitness , confidence, hopefully

its short term.

6 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Terrible performance, hopefully the needed wake up call that we need some drive in midfield and pace out wide. Neilson is a good manager but he overthinks his tactics too often. Stretch these pish teams and we'll win games, its as simple as that.

Yip

Still absolutely fuming with that dreadful performance on Saturday , the midfield have to be more creative move the ball more quickly and give more support for the front men,  get the wide players in behind the defence and get the ball into the danger area simples ! it's what you learn as a juvenile mate 🤷‍♂️

Edited by One five

2 hours ago, One five said:

Yip

Still absolutely fuming with that dreadful performance on Saturday , the midfield have to be more creative move the ball more quickly and give more support for the front men,  get the wide players in behind the defence and get the ball into the danger area simples ! it's what you learn as a juvenile mate 🤷‍♂️

The longer we say it about the midfield , mate, the more you just think they haven’t got it.

wattie exploited
15 hours ago, One five said:

Yip

our midfield has been lacking for the last 2 years badly no box to box midfielder and no one who has the skill to open up defenses :rifle:

2 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

our midfield has been lacking for the last 2 years badly no box to box midfielder and no one who has the skill to open up defenses :rifle:

Very true

4 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

It will

If it is to do so it needs to get its shit together fairly quickly because there's been little to convince so far.

wattie exploited
3 hours ago, Spellczech said:

I hope Boyce is banging them in in training as it is not a good example to keep playing someone who is failing at their job...

hope we get another striker in when the window opens up and a better midfield player than what we have already :rifle: 

9 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

hope we get another striker in when the window opens up and a better midfield player than what we have already :rifle: 

Anyone we sign will be a loan from an English side, most likely a reserve player. I wouldn’t hold your breathe. 

19 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Anyone we sign will be a loan from an English side, most likely a reserve player. I wouldn’t hold your breathe. 

Like James Maddison (Aberdeen) who was a reserve player with Norwich.

23 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Like James Maddison (Aberdeen) who was a reserve player with Norwich.

I don't think we'd get someone that talented because of where we are at the moment but perhaps someone from a Championship reserve team. I wouldn’t imagine it would be one of their top prospects however. 

I think recruitment for us is quite tricky in January because there is little in the way of free agents unless we look at players from Scandinavia or other such leagues where contracts end on the 1st of January. 

If we get ourselves in pole position at the turn of the year, we are perhaps conserving our resources and instead we should look to bring in good players for when we are promoted. 

wattie exploited
11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I don't think we'd get someone that talented because of where we are at the moment but perhaps someone from a Championship reserve team. I wouldn’t imagine it would be one of their top prospects however. 

I think recruitment for us is quite tricky in January because there is little in the way of free agents unless we look at players from Scandinavia or other such leagues where contracts end on the 1st of January. 

If we get ourselves in pole position at the turn of the year, we are perhaps conserving our resources and instead we should look to bring in good players for when we are promoted. 

dont you mean if we get promoted