• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Deevers

• Thomaso

• Weakened Offender

11 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Refused to pay to watch today. 

can someone talk me through formation today please. Specifically where Walker, Naismith and Lee played? 

thanks. 

I would describe it as a 4 4 1 1.

Walker was on the left, but quite narrow with Lee the same on the right.  Irving and Halliday in the centre and Naismith ahead of them but not really up front and had a completely free role 

Worked quite well with the fullbacks getting forward

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Any links to his goals from yesterday?

Hearts have released a wee video on Instagram with some highlights, goals included. 

9 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Hearts have released a wee video on Instagram with some highlights, goals included. 

cheers

2 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

It's on Facebook too. 

Just seen it - nice goals and some good football on show! 👍

Weakened Offender
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Just seen it - nice goals and some good football on show! 👍

I thought so too, two good finishes. 

• 1 month later...

Delighted for him. I thought it was very harsh on him to be dropped after the way he played on Tuesday night. That goal was a touch of class and shows the ability he has. 

Nice one, Jamie.

Great goal today....Could be a real pivotal moment for the rest of the season.

Never doubted Walkers ability......Lack of application has always been his problem.

Maybe he's beginning to realise that the opportunity to play for Hearts doesn't come around too often!

I have been critical of Jamie 

But what a goal and so important 

Probably swayed the title to us with that goal and 3 points

Well done Jamie 

Berra than you

Excellent goal. I'm a big critic of him but he was superb when he came on. If he could play like that week in week out he'd be first name on the teamsheet.

10 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Only real moment of quality in the game. And it was genuine class. Should have started the game. 

Hard to disagree with that.

Isn't it strange that JW plays his best football when playing the no.10 and plays his worst when being played as a winger. He doesn't play there every game due to the fixation with Naismith playing there. It should be JW evert time with SN on the bench only to come on if required to replace JW or play up front.

10 minutes ago, David Black said:

Isn't it strange that JW plays his best football when playing the no.10 and plays his worst when being played as a winger. He doesn't play there every game due to the fixation with Naismith playing there. It should be JW evert time with SN on the bench only to come on if required to replace JW or play up front.

He came on as a winger today and changed the game. 

25 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Only real moment of quality in the game. And it was genuine class. Should have started the game. 

Was brilliant but I suspect not starting the game perhaps gave him the motivation to perform better to get back into the starting lineup. But then having done what he did today he might have the confidence to continue to do better. Human mind can be funny like that. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I've always been a fan of the young Jamie Walker, and in the last two matches it's been nice to see the young Jamie Walker, of old, back. 

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Is he now our top scorer of the 21st Century?

Great spot - has now scored more than Rudi

Still lazy ******* who should never pull on the jersey of course... (joke)

Sub4TiddlerMurray
28 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

He came on as a winger today and changed the game. 

Nope, straight replacement for Naismith in the no.10 position 

Byyy The Light

I really want to love him. He should be a fans favourite...youth player, best scoring record we’ve had for years.

But he’s not. Such a frustrating player. Great goal today shows what he’s capable of. 

The Apprentice

I have been vocal in my criticism of Walker but credit where it’s due that was a fantastic goal and it definitely lit up a game that had little quality. 

1 hour ago, hearts00 said:

Robbie said in his post match interview that Jamie had tight groins after Tuesday so he decided to give him the last 15-20 mins. 

Unbelievable goal, fair play. Still have my doubts but was tremendous skill.

Lets see that - plus work rate and match awareness- every single game please. Only way to prove people wrong

Edited by R1874

Just now, Cruyff said:

Played well v Raith. Shouldn't have been dropped. Won us the game today. Earned a starting spot for now certainly. 

He wasn’t dropped 

1 hour ago, hearts00 said:

We needed a bit of quality to win the match and Jamie provided it. More of that please.

Jambo in Bathgate

Walker had a problem from Tuesday night. He couldn’t have played full match. Sensible to bring him on for last 20 minutes. I have been a critic but he has stepped up in last two games and made difference in first Raith game. 

That’s what Jamie is capable of and done many times, frustration is though he is very inconsistent these days maybe injuries have caught up with him, however did enjoy that goal today it was a tight match

1 hour ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Nope, straight replacement for Naismith in the no.10 position 

Yep. We switched to a 4-4-2 in the second half. Boyce and Gnanduillet up front. Walker right midfield.

2 hours ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I've always been a fan of the young Jamie Walker, and in the last two matches it's been nice to see the young Jamie Walker, of old, back. 

Likewise I've always thought Jamie Walker was a real talent from an early age. Stuff happens in a players careers and so many make mistakes and blow hot and cold, Jamie maybe a bit more than most. Playing wise he reminds me of Gary MacKay who could turn a game when it mattered with an eye to shoot and score from distance. I want Jamie to do well for us and make a difference.  At 27 he’s still got time to make a name for himself.  

100 posts today,  Yahoo...

57 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Robbie said in his post match interview that Jamie had tight groins after Tuesday so he decided to give him the last 15-20 mins. 

That's fair enough then. I was disappointed when I saw the team before kick-off and Walker wasn't in it. I thought Robbie was tinkering.

ScandinavianJambo
8 minutes ago, Texaco said:

Likewise I've always thought Jamie Walker was a real talent from an early age. Stuff happens in a players careers and so many make mistakes and blow hot and cold, Jamie maybe a bit more than most. Playing wise he reminds me of Gary MacKay who could turn a game when it mattered with an eye to shoot and score from distance. I want Jamie to do well for us and make a difference.  At 27 he’s still got time to make a name for himself.  

100 posts today,  Yahoo...

I can't belive that hi is only 27! Feel like he has been with us since he was a bairn.... And apparently he has 😁. Peach of a goal today. Hopefully he will stabelise his performance and become who he can be. 

Just now, No Idle Talk said:

Yep. We switched to a 4-4-2 in the second half. Boyce and Gnanduillet up front. Walker right midfield.

Should be the starting formation every time especially at tynie

Worthing Jambo
48 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

That's fair enough then. I was disappointed when I saw the team before kick-off and Walker wasn't in it. I thought Robbie was tinkering.

Cracking goal from Jamie today, real class!

Just as well the game was even for that last 20 min cameo.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

I'll concede :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

I really want to love him. He should be a fans favourite...youth player, best scoring record we’ve had for years.

But he’s not. Such a frustrating player. Great goal today shows what he’s capable of. 

If he could consistently produce performances like midweek and today he’d be easier to love.

Apparently his hamstrings were tight and that’s why Naisy started