• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Deevers

• Thomaso

• David McCaig

18Jambo_dave74
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He always had that habit, remember him getting sent off versus Aberdeen? As you for a Hearts supporter has he down anything of note against Hibs bar one super goal? 
I can’t see him scoring another goal to be honest. 

Yes I remember and that is the behaviour I was alluding to in his first spell when trying to get his move to Rangers. I was also at Fir Park when we lost a goal due to his lack of interest. He got both barrels from the support that day and I’m pretty sure he was subbed off.

This season he has just made a series of needless fouls for no apparent reason. The other poster that mentions his shooting is right as well - constantly shooting when there are players in a better position to pass to (something he has in common with Roberts).

34 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

It still sticks in my mind his performance at Ceptic Park, how he turned the two in midfield.

Some of the younger players always seem to have the shackles on, I’d rather watch them than the imposters!

Agree mate, we see glimpses of promising youngsters and the next minute they’re farmed out. Very frustrating. I’d have Irving and smith every week and Morrison  should never have been released, his final ball was poor more often than not but he was coachable imo

William H. Bonney
7 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Jamie's next job will be in Primark.

Another Levein mistake we are having to live with.

He’d be too lazy to pick the discarded clothes of the floor. 

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

I maintain he got himself sent off intentionally. It happend right in front of me and he attempted to foul immediately before the foul that was actually given. Who were we playing the following week?

Was that not the last game of the season or the last home game at least, we might’ve been away to Rangers afterwards. Just checked it was last home game 7/5/17 and away at Ibrox 13/5/17. 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Yes I remember and that is the behaviour I was alluding to in his first spell when trying to get his move to Rangers. I was also at Fir Park when we lost a goal due to his lack of interest. He got both barrels from the support that day and I’m pretty sure he was subbed off.

This season he has just made a series of needless fouls for no apparent reason. The other poster that mentions his shooting is right as well - constantly shooting when there are players in a better position to pass to (something he has in common with Roberts).

Yeah he makes the wrong decisions constantly, his free kicks and corners are usually poor too. I don’t think Lee contributes much and if you’re not letting him take dead balls he’s not worth playing really. The commentators said things like we’ve struggled to fill the LW slot, score from open play and win away from hone, he was spot on. 

37 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Damour's main problem is being crap, although it does remind me how ridiculously overloaded we are in central midfield..

Overloaded full of pish too.  Still think Halliday would be better at full back Smith centre back and Irving in the middle with Pete. 

1 hour ago, gedster said:

Policy decision required....under no circumstances re-sign players or coaches....9/10 times it fails

Robbo, Big Dave, Rudi, Stevenson? 

I would limit this approach to wingers and whatever Walker is supposed to be these days- McCann being the other disaster but that wasn't really his fault as but for injury he probably had a bit to give...

Just now, Spellczech said:

Robbo, Big Dave, Rudi, Stevenson? 

I would limit this approach to wingers and whatever Walker is supposed to be these days- McCann being the other disaster but that wasn't really his fault as but for injury he probably had a bit to give...

fair point but I'd always prefer a clean slate

8 minutes ago, gedster said:

fair point but I'd always prefer a clean slate

Nah the shocker with Walker is that he didn't leave us as a good player - in fact he pi$$ed off the management and fans as far as I could tell, so why the Hell did we even countenance bringing him back? Even Andy Webster was a good player when he left and had proved himself at United before he came back. Walker left for a few years and did diddly-squat yet got brought back...Nobody else was in for him, just as nobody was in for Andy Halliday. We're like a retirement home for has-beens...

Edited by Spellczech

Finished 

to many injuries. I heard last season he was talking about jacking it altogether as couldn’t get fit and legs were knackered. Just there for a Final pay day now and a nice pass and a couple of dives every 70 minutes.

he’s honking 

Offered nothing since his return. No longer appears to have good close control or willingness to have a go at defenders. 

Excess luggage. Sorry Jamie.

11 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Do you not mean "persons" as in the Beeb's Katye Adler's "fisherpersons."

That thinking is exactly what's brought us to this place! 🙂

Can’t blame him really, he was offered a contract at his boyhood club of course he was going to accept it.

The fault lies at the club and the signing policy we have, he’s just one shite overpaid injury prone player in a long line of shite that we have.  

All we need from this bunch of losers is for them to get us back out of this league they put us in, hopefully they can at least do that for us and then get to **** away from the club. 

jambogirlglasgow
3 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Can’t blame him really, he was offered a contract at his boyhood club of course he was going to accept it.

The fault lies at the club and the signing policy we have, he’s just one shite overpaid injury prone player in a long line of shite that we have.  

All we need from this bunch of losers is for them to get us back out of this league they put us in, hopefully they can at least do that for us and then get to **** away from the club. 

Re your last paragraph, I’m not convinced they’ll even manage that. Shameful stuff. 

Ainsley Harriott
9 hours ago, Arry said:

Pains me to say it as I like Jamie but he’s finished.  

He was finished in 2015 not sure how this is a sudden realisation for people 

Edited by Ainsley Harriott

The grim reality is, he'll probably start the next game. If not, at least we can enjoy Roberts or Frear strutting their stuff instead. 

34 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

The grim reality is, he'll probably start the next game. If not, at least we can enjoy Roberts or Frear strutting their stuff instead. 

Some of this seasons recruitment has been dire. These people are supposed to be full time professionals and we find that they can’t do the business against teams full of plumbers and posties. I think this club  needs shaken from the very top down. 

Shocking decision to bring him back. Attitude was stinking when he wasn't granted his move to Ibrox. Barely kicked a ball at Wigan yet he is back at us sauntering about contributing feck all. He reminds me of Gary Mckay in his latter days just fouling folk as he hasn't got the legs anymore. Only another two years of Jamie to suffer. 

bringonthesevco
15 hours ago, Parttimer1874 said:

Steady. Morrison was terrible for us and him banging in goals in league one isn’t going to convince me otherwise I’m afraid. 

we couldn't score in 2 hours against by far the worse team in the 2nd tier of Scottish Football, Morrison is banging them in and playing brilliantly for the team clear at the top of the 3rd tier (1 league placing below Alloa).

Do you really not think he'd have been a better option getting a run of games than Roberts, Walker, Freer, White etc

I agree that he might not be good enough for the top league but he'd be a better option than the dross we saw yesterday ...

The Apprentice

He’s such an infuriating player to watch. Don’t think he played one forward pass or did anything remotely positive yesterday, and I am completely sick of the needless fouls he gives away every single week. Waste of a jersey. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Has the ability but not enough gutts or power in his engine to play for Hearts, never a 90 minute player, would be better releasing him, never fit always injured obviously can't train properly 

34 minutes ago, Ma Roon said:

Has the ability but not enough gutts or power in his engine to play for Hearts, never a 90 minute player, would be better releasing him, never fit always injured obviously can't train properly 

I don’t think he has any ability any more.  He’s only got the ability to be useless and take a wage that Levein gifted him (as he did for other frauds).

Walker can’t shine against butchers and bakers who were working day jobs 9 hours before kick off.  He is a horrendous player for us , an utter passenger who like many others should be nowhere near a maroon jersey. It’s a crying shame after what we all do for this club that we are watching this team full of chickens like Walker

Had huge reservations about him coming back to us given the way he finished here before.  It’s becoming quite apparent that he thinks he’s on easy street here. Absolutely no real application from him apart from committing needless fouls. We’d be better off giving one of the kids a game.

Ex member of the SaS

There are many times and obviously many reasons for wishing to win the Euro millions but right now would be great. Donate enough to dump half the team and get decent players.

We can but dream.

best in the land

Should never have been brought back. 

Just going through the motions, no heart or pride in performances anymore. 

Happy to just be picking up a wage. 

Same could be said for 90% of this squad though. 

Bunch of losers 

The Guy is finished, need to off load him @ the expiration of his current contract. I'm deeply disappointed as I was willing to give the guy a second chance. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Waste of a jersey, felt like Levein did him a favour by bringing him back. In hindsight big missed opportunity, not selling him to Caixinha- would’ve been their car crash instead of ours. 

No issue with Walker, only with Neilson's continual selecting him for the starting XI.  Walker's engine has stopped.

1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

No issue with Walker, only with Neilson's continual selecting him for the starting XI.  Walker's engine has stopped.

The way he’s “performing” these days would not even justify him being on the bench. He needs to waken up his ideas big style.

Parttimer1874
8 hours ago, bringonthesevco said:

we couldn't score in 2 hours against by far the worse team in the 2nd tier of Scottish Football, Morrison is banging them in and playing brilliantly for the team clear at the top of the 3rd tier (1 league placing below Alloa).

Do you really not think he'd have been a better option getting a run of games than Roberts, Walker, Freer, White etc

I agree that he might not be good enough for the top league but he'd be a better option than the dross we saw yesterday ...

Genuinely I don’t. I don’t doubt he tried when playing for Hearts but he wasn’t good enough even for the Championship. 

I’m far from an Aidy White fan but he’s come on and done well in games in wide positions. Roberts and Frear have only been in the door a matter of months so will give them a little longer before writing them off however they need to improve quickly. Walker on the other hand can do one. 

2 hours ago, Deevers said:

The way he’s “performing” these days would not even justify him being on the bench. He needs to waken up his ideas big style.

With Lee and Kingsley in the team I am baffled why Walker is allowed to take such poor free kicks.  Neither a shot or a cross.

Injuries have clearly taken their toll. 

However, it is worth remembering that the period where Jamie had his head screwed in was actually pretty brief. 

when he first came through, his reputation was for lacking the work rate and discipline to track back. This was addressed successfully, Jamie knuckles down and was excellent for a period. 

Then he got his head turned. 

Then he got injured. 

The Jamie we have now offers little. He needs a good sports scientist to sort out his motivation and trust his body again. He’s playing within himself on a number of levels. 

2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Walker is a waster. 

Great chance in life being a pro footballer but basically he just can't be arsed. 

Disagree. 

It’s not about him being a waster or can’t be arsed.

The sad truth is he is slow and has lost his cutting edge. That happened before he went to Wigan.

He might still help us escape the Championship but no more than that.

Ever since the Rangers chat his head has been elsewhere, does he still have the ability or is he bust from injuries? Can't tell to be honest but it's pretty clear he thinks he's Ronaldo.  Our performances this season has lacked any sort of fight, win the battle first then start your fancy flicks Jamie. 

14 hours ago, bringonthesevco said:

Morrison couldn't cross a little woods coupon...

3 hours ago, feedthefox said:

Seeing Walker and Lee in starting line up just makes my heart sink, bit like when I saw McLean was starting up front.

This all day long 

Feel a bit sorry for lee.  He can pass the ball, unfortunately there is very little movement in front of him so has to pass sideways or backwards