Jamie Walker

DB-14

Jambof3tornado
47 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

His attitude is appalling. That's the main issue.

Lazy ***** failed to track back in the lead up to the penalty despite robbie screaming at him.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Deevers

• Thomaso

• Weakened Offender

Just now, Billy Hoyle said:

Absolutely embarrassing from a so called Hearts fan. His attitude stinks. I would be asking him at the end if he thinks that was acceptable today. He should be sitting in the stand for a few weeks.

This was the guy who downed tools when Rangers showed interest. He's no Hearts fan. The only reason he's back here is because no-one else wanted him.

Genuinely feel sorry for him, a lad who at one time showed a lot of talent and potential 

He’s finished, his body language and lack of effort is shocking

He might get a move to a St Johnstone or St Mirren if he’s very lucky, will possibly get a move based on his past reputation 

He will get found out and will be playing for Edinburgh City (if he can still be bothered) by the time he’s 30

Edited by jbee647

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

Genuinely feel sorry for him, a lad who at one time showed a lot of talent and potential 

He might get a move to a St Johnstone or St Mirren if he’s very lucky, will be a move based on his past reputation 

He will get found out and will be playing for Edinburgh City (if he can still be bothered) by the time he’s 30

Wasted talent. Could have been so much better if his attitude had been sorted out early on in his career.

Just now, Lambo85 said:

Young Callum Morrison is on fire at Falkirk just now. A young lad who showed flashes of what he could do when playing for us but just didn’t have any kind of consistency.

He’s gone to Falkirk with the right attitude, right commitment and he is knocking in the goals for them and their fans reckon he’s the best player in their squad. 

Would much rather have him in this team at the moment than Walker, Frier and Roberts combined!!

Morrison was never going to cut it at Hearts. If you remember, he couldn't cross a ball to save himself, going backwards and side-wards was his get-out clause. If he was still here he wouldn't be challenging Frear or Roberts as they are left-sided and he's right-sided. He can score  15 goals for Falkirk, it makes not one iota of difference. 

I will say, after watching Morrison, Roberts and Frear are about the same level. If either of them were at Falkirk or whoever, they'd probably be scoring for them as well.

Just googled and this is the last year of his deal thankfully.

3 years though... What's the cost of that likely to be? £500k? Our recruitment has got to be one of the worst going. 

He can join the long list of players who have been set up for retirement for absolutely zero return on investment. 

Just now, jbee647 said:

He might get a move to a St Johnstone or St Mirren if he’s very lucky, will possibly get a move based on his past reputation 

I doubt either of the Saint teams would want him. He will continue but at a lower level, maybe a Morton or someone. At his age he should've been in the International squad. Why he ended up the way he is is anyone's guess.

He is not good nough to get into the Womens team. Although he seems to be endearing himself to them with his Alice Band......

Needs dropped pronto. Not good enough and needs replaced in January. He doesn't like playing away from Tynecastle. 

Walkers next team will be a juniors one. 
I’m not going to be overly abusive because there isn’t a point, he isn’t trying to be ‘useless’ - he just is. His legs and body have failed him completely and robbed him of his only good point, taking players on and dribbling. His positioning is poor, he can’t tackle, his stamina has always been poor, his passing was never that great his finishing inconsistent at best and because of lack of pace he can’t even get into the position to miss in the first place.

Whatvever reason we re-signed him in the first place was bizarre because all of that was apparent in the months before he left the first time nevermind at Wigan etc.

I’d get Connor Smith back from Arbroath pronto, the wee man has bags of energy and a never say die attitude. Exactly what we’re missing in the middle of the park 👍🏻

Walker hasn’t made a worthwhile contribution to football in several years.

It was a mistake bringing him back and he’d be one of the first out the door for me. 

Lazy,lazy, lazy and never  ever a team player. His body language is all wrong 

1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

Young Callum Morrison is on fire at Falkirk just now. A young lad who showed flashes of what he could do when playing for us but just didn’t have any kind of consistency.

He’s gone to Falkirk with the right attitude, right commitment and he is knocking in the goals for them and their fans reckon he’s the best player in their squad. 

Would much rather have him in this team at the moment than Walker, Frier and Roberts combined!!

This. He has really kicked on. I was pleased when Walker came back but now obvious why he was available 

Backward move that didn't work.. along with many sadly.. hasn't contributed this season for me and should be down pecking order

1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

Its all about levels. When he was out on loan in League 1 he was scoring goals, came back and what was glaringly obvious is he is quick but very limited football ability. The one we should be pissed about is McDonald. He, although not as quick has a lot of ability and every time he played for the 1st team he looked a player. Couldnt understand why he was allowed to go...even more surprising now when you look at what is left...think that will be a decision we will regret.

Салатные палочки

Couldn't care less if he never pulled on a Hearts jersey again. Although that could for a lot of them. Waster. 

I'm not sure this isn't all a bit knee jerk. I thought Walker looked hungry and raring to go on the pre season games and the first league games. He got himself injured and hasn't been great on his return. I didn't watch the game today, so maybe I've missed something, but I also think that he has shown enough overall this season to not be written off entirely. As this thread seems to be intent on doing.

3 minutes ago, ardenjambo said:

I'm not sure this isn't all a bit knee jerk. I thought Walker looked hungry and raring to go on the pre season games and the first league games. He got himself injured and hasn't been great on his return. I didn't watch the game today, so maybe I've missed something, but I also think that he has shown enough overall this season to not be written off entirely. As this thread seems to be intent on doing.

And there is the excuses.

He didnt kick a ball for a year before he left and since coming back hasnt kicked a ball.

Excuses are well past it. I thought he was a massive mistake when we brought him back.

He also doesnt have the fight in him which is worse than anything.

Not at you directly but we accept mediocrity as a fanbase and for too long when someone isnt cutting it.

Edited by Jamboelite

Another really terrible signing, accepts mediocrity in his performances to easily . 

On his day when he tries he's still decent , but the fact he's struggling even at this level is really embarrassing. 

He's letting himself , his family and his employers down badly , sad to watch when he has the ability. 

He's done. Has been since the year before he left Hearts...🤪

It's not often Rangers dodge a bullet...

Edited by Spellczech

1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

And there is the excuses.

He didnt kick a ball for a year before he left and since coming back hasnt kicked a ball.

Excuses are well past it. I thought he was a massive mistake when we brought him back.

He also doesnt have the fight in him which is worse than anything.

The 'excuse' isn't the main part of my point. The main point is that there have been quite a few games this season, he's been decent in many of those. He's been mince in a few too, as have a lot of our team. 

There are Hearts players I haven’t rated, indeed there have been Hearts players I have thought are utterly awful, but Jamie Walker is pretty much the first Hearts players that I genuinely dislike.

He gives off the air of someone who couldn’t give a monkey’s with the arrogance of someone who thinks he’s our star player, all the while showing the work rate of a paraplegic with long covid and the pace of Stephen Presley’s speech.

1 hour ago, The Fonz said:

3 years though... What's the cost of that likely to be? £500k? Our recruitment has got to be one of the worst going. 

He can join the long list of players who have been set up for retirement for absolutely zero return on investment. 

Policy decision required....under no circumstances re-sign players or coaches....9/10 times it fails

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

What has happened to him? He’s been utterly dreadful in this second spell.

I actually hate him, the most stupid lazy slow ******* I’ve ever seen. Under contract for another 19 months. 
We are not good enough to carry passengers and allow him to play as a 10. As for the Grealish look you’re just not cutting it son. He’s found his level. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I actually hate him, the most stupid lazy slow ******* I’ve ever seen. Under contract for another 19 months. 
We are not good enough to carry passengers and allow him to play as a 10. As for the Grealish look you’re just not cutting it son. He’s found his level. 

That’s my point... has there ever been a more dislikeable Hearts player?

24 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Couldn't care less if he never pulled on a Hearts jersey again. Although that could for a lot of them. Waster. 

Honestly not sure if Walker would care either. 

Салатные палочки
7 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Honestly not sure if Walker would care either. 

I think he's past that point. 

The worst part of his game is his lazy cowardly attempt at tackling. He gives away stupid fouls every game because he can’t be arsed tracking back or jockeying his man so he just kicks him. It’s infuriating. I never saw the penalty but I’m assuming it was needless. 

lost in space
2 hours ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

Sorry! Don’t remember seeing that last week but hardly surprising as we’ve both been watching the same player and that’s what he is. 

No problem. We can share the "petulant man-child" description for Walker. Don't think we should allow anyone else to use it though..........

1 hour ago, The Fonz said:

If it’s a 3 year deal, he’ll still be here next season chief!  Only came back last summer. 

2 hours ago, MCW1976 said:

He was as bad as this before he left. To think we stifled £1M from Rangers.

A changing room with men is what's needed. Men!!!

Walker's a footballing wimp!

Do you not mean "persons" as in the Beeb's Katye Adler's "fisherpersons."

5 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

If it’s a 3 year deal, he’ll still be here next season chief!  Only came back last summer. 

You are correct. Hearts have it as 2018 on the website that he re-signed, so I'd figured we'd be rid in the summer. 

Even in basic website admin the club manage to give a glimmer of hope before disappointing yet again. 

Screenshot_20201128-202746.png

18Jambo_dave74

For a guy that has scored nearly 50 goals for Hearts (more than Adam, Hartley, De Vries, McCann, Clark, Jankauskas - and could yet overtake Rudi and Cameron) it is crazy how little time I have for him as a Hearts player.

He has always been a good technical player but his general lack of effort on the pitch is pathetic. I feel for him that injuries have affected his pace but the way he trudges around the pitch is not good enough. As critical as I am of Stendel, it didn’t take him long to notice this.

I didn’t like how he behaved at the end of his first spell with us and I didn’t want him back (3 year deal!). He can produce occasional glimpses but it’s not enough. I don’t think he’s grasped how lucky he is to be at Hearts. For a Hearts fan he doesn’t seem to play with a sense of hurt and determination that the fans feel after last years shambles. 

He has also now picked up a fairly new habit of incessantly (and needlessly) fouling players. 

Edited by 18Jambo_dave74

Worthing Jambo
1 hour ago, ShedBoy said:

I’d get Connor Smith back from Arbroath pronto, the wee man has bags of energy and a never say die attitude. Exactly what we’re missing in the middle of the park 👍🏻

It still sticks in my mind his performance at Ceptic Park, how he turned the two in midfield.

Some of the younger players always seem to have the shackles on, I’d rather watch them than the imposters!

1 minute ago, The Fonz said:

You are correct. Hearts have it as 2018 on the website that he re-signed, so I'd figured we'd be rid in the summer. 

Even in basic website admin the club manage to give a glimmer of hope before disappointing yet again. 

Screenshot_20201128-202746.png

FFS, we can’t even get things right on the website 😩

Jambo in Bathgate

Sorry to say his performance today was woeful. It’s like playing with a man down. Getting caught offside at a corner is unforgivable. Time to join Damour on gardening leave.

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

That’s my point... has there ever been a more dislikeable Hearts player?

Probably, Danny Swanson for one. But we have other things to discuss. Walker did have talent but always made the wrong decision, frustrating. Now he’s just awful, so slow, no quality at all and even lazier. Any contact whatsoever and he’s injured and needs to go off. One of many we need off the wage bill. 

Seems to have adopted a shoot on sight attitude rather than passing to a teammate. (The Haring one the other night being an exception) 

It’s starting to annoy me and the free kick today REALLY annoyed me

21 minutes ago, DS98 said:

The worst part of his game is his lazy cowardly attempt at tackling. He gives away stupid fouls every game because he can’t be arsed tracking back or jockeying his man so he just kicks him. It’s infuriating. I never saw the penalty but I’m assuming it was needless. 

If ever, a player in the last 5  years needed to go train with the under 18s for a reality check on professionalism...it's this guy. Coasts along collecting a wage...next stop Raith Rovers.  Feel bad for the guy, he used to care

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

For a guy that has scored nearly 50 goals for Hearts (more than Adam, Hartley, De Vries, McCann, Clark, Jankauskas - and could yet overtake Rudi and Cameron) it is crazy how little time I have for him as a Hearts player.

He has always been a good technical player but his general lack of effort on the pitch is pathetic. I feel for him that injuries have affected his pace but the way he trudges around the pitch is not good enough. As critical as I am of Stendel, it didn’t take him long to notice this.

I didn’t like how he behaved at the end of his first spell with us and I didn’t want him back (3 year deal!). He can produce occasional glimpses but it’s not enough. I don’t think he’s grasped how lucky he is to be at Hearts. For a Hearts fan he doesn’t seem to play with a sense of hurt and determination that the fans feel after last years shambles. 

He has picked up a fairy new habit of incessantly (and needlessly) fouling players. 

He always had that habit, remember him getting sent off versus Aberdeen? As you for a Hearts supporter has he down anything of note against Hibs bar one super goal? 
I can’t see him scoring another goal to be honest. 

31 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Damour? 

Damour's main problem is being crap, although it does remind me how ridiculously overloaded we are in central midfield..

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Sorry to say his performance today was woeful. It’s like playing with a man down. Getting caught offside at a corner is unforgivable. Time to join Damour on gardening leave.

Not once but twice today, the commentator was pushing himself and rightly said “you wonder what they do in training all week”?

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He always had that habit, remember him getting sent off versus Aberdeen? As you for a Hearts supporter has he down anything of note against Hibs bar one super goal? 
I can’t see him scoring another goal to be honest. 

I maintain he got himself sent off intentionally. It happend right in front of me and he attempted to foul immediately before the foul that was actually given. Who were we playing the following week?