Budge.

The Roller

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I thought she said she woke up on the Sunday and decided to do the deal. Might’ve been the Saturday but is it too much to ask them to keep it quiet, and also gave her time to get in touch with Stendel, who’s treatment in this flies in the face of everything she stands for. 

That wasn’t managed well at all. Possibly Dundee Utd wanted it announced quick since it was all over the media. Not sure if their supporters were happy he was gone or not. 

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Francis Albert

• NANOJAMBO

_maroonplatoon

Dave, you should be commended and recognised for your firefighting efforts tonight - we are a complete shambles on, and off the pitch.

2 minutes ago, _maroonplatoon said:

Dave, you should be commended and recognised for your firefighting efforts tonight - we are a complete shambles on, and off the pitch.

Cheers. 

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Might be a minority but the owners representatives must surely have the biggest say? 

Not from the documentation I have read! Happy to be wrong!

13 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

What about it? Hearts don't own it and have to book it if we want to use it. Not even guaranteed too and rarely book it as we train outdoors.

I bow to your superior knowledge.

PS. I'm certain Hearts have played a lot of games on that full-size, indoor, plastic pitch?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The only way to get rid of Mrs Mangle is to stop your subs. It is harsh but needs must. 

This is true but I can’t bring myself to do it

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This is true but I can’t bring myself to do it

It is a hard thing to do. I did it but am on standby to reinject once she goes.

13 hours ago, steven_mck said:

Is it the culture at the club? The players when they train at Riccarton are so far away from the fans, staff and stadium. 

Where does that leave Hibs? On the moon?

8 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

The same way I couldn't understand why fans were sticking by Levein for so long, I can't understand why people are still sticking by Budge. She is clearly out of her depth and is turning us into a laughing stock. The football side of the club is a shambles, from player recruitment, to the academy, managerial appointments and our style of play. 

If I was in her shoes, I'd hold my hands up, admit things weren't working and discuss handing over to FOH. We then need a total clear out and put the proper foundations in place to move forward, such as proper coaches and scouts, plus an experienced manager worthy of the Hearts job. No more experiments.

Worry is, though ... does she get to choose her replacement?

jack D and coke
10 hours ago, David Black said:

We are playing in a far smaller league than Newcastle and Sunderland and I don't mean the numbers of teams. Just look at the competition in England compared to here. Three clubs massively underperforming in relation to their fan base.

We are in no way comparable to Newcastle or Sunderland who both utterly dwarf our support. Even when they’re absolutely garbage Sunderland can get 30k. We’ve never reached that in my life. Aye big crowds out when we won a cup but it’s never developed into actual support. 
We used to get 29k at OF games when I first started going but 8-9k Rangers or Celtic fans at those games. 
Were more like a Blackburn or something. 

The question mark is there because it's for debate not my opinion necessarily. 

Is Anne and her ideas of the way the club is run the real enemy within here ? As much as she obviously loves the club and is putting everything into it.

I thought when watching the recent documentary it all looked very amateurish in nearly every aspect of the day to day running of the club . 

The squad assembled is obviously a massive problem here and they're on their way to seeing  off yet another manager but will it ever get any better under Anne ? 

The buck has to stop with her , surely or is she starting to get it right and we need a little more patience? 

She’d replace the club colours with beige if she could. The plain white office, the grey panels on the front of the new stand, hospitality looking plain too. She has no flare or excitement does she? And that feeds from top to bottom. 

Just now, ramrod said:

Is Anne and her ideas of the way the club is run the real enemy within here ? As much as she obviously loves the club and is putting everything into it.

I thought when watching the recent documentary it all looked very amateurish in nearly every aspect of the day to day running of the club . 

The squad assembled is obviously a massive problem here and they're on their way to seeing  off yet another manager but will it ever get any better under Anne ? 

The buck has to stop with her , surely or is she starting to get it right and we need a little more patience? 

My immediate response is that I don’t know how other clubs look behind the scenes so it’s difficult to compare. 

I mean, I watched the Spurs documentary and it was very glamorous and professional...and expensive. 

But I doubt it’s any different behind the scenes at Aberdeeen or hibs tbh. We are not massive businesses so we are always going to have that look of The Office about us. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

She doesn't kick a ball for the team FFS, ANN this Ann that, the players just need a rocket 🚀 or GTF

The quality of the squad is the issue. We need to sign better players. 

We need pace and goals.  

I'm happy with with how Budge has ran the business side of the club but I would not be unhappy with a change at the top either.

We should be doing better.

She probably sees a sizeable chunk of the fanbase as the enemy within I would imagine.

The time for another ruthless AB lecture to the support can't be far away.

3 minutes ago, Ma Roon said:

She doesn't kick a ball for the team FFS, ANN this Ann that, the players just need a rocket 🚀 or GTF

Can't argue with that . 

Naiusmith , Boyce , Walker , Lee , Halkett and many more are taking a fantastic wage for Scottish football and are still underperforming. 

The fact those four  in particular can't cut it at this level is is nothing short of embarrassing. 

The second tier in Scottish football and Naismith, Boyce , Walker are all struggling to make a mark is beyond depressing. 

The only way we are going to get back to being the Hearts we know is to have a chairman in place who has financial backing behind them, or at least working with a consortium. Ann did us proud when she grabbed the club by the hee-haws and got us back from the brink of oblivion but the time has come to let someone else take over. Anyone who thinks that FoH, as brilliant as they are, can move the club up a level (in terms of finance) on their own and without alternative backing running alongside them is living in cloud cukoo-land. We're not asking for the quality of your Man City's and Liverpool's here, totally unrealistic but, when you only have the old firm to challenge with then it shouldn't be so difficult to at least compete with Aberdeen for example. I mean, Ross County, Livingston, St Johnstone and others? What the frk is going on!?

Ann, thanks very much but it's time to step down now and let someone else try to turn the club around, for your sake, and ours.

Just now, Dirty Deeds said:

We need pace and goals.  

I'm happy with with how Budge has ran the business side of the club but I would not be unhappy with a change at the top either.

This post could've been posted in 2017, never mind right now. Do we wait to see another one similar in 2023? How long do we let it go on for?

12 minutes ago, Ma Roon said:

True but she hires the Managers that sign the players so she ain't innocent in this shambles. 

Just now, Ma Roon said:

No but there's something wrong with our signing policy when we keep making the same mistakes over and over. There's another new coaching team in place but we still seem to be lack-lusture, slow, predictable, lazy, and that's not even against the top League teams now. How long do we let it go on for? She needs to get tough or let someone else do it.

9 minutes ago, Dirty Deeds said:

We need pace and goals.  

How can a team that won 3-0 against inferior opposition in 4 days lose 1-0, its down to the

attitude of the players, thats the problem.

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

We should go back to the glory days of being a really efficient, professionally run club, like under Romanov, or Pieman. :ermm:

When we won trophies and weren't embarrassing ourselves in the 2nd  Tier of Scottish football . Most football fans would take that over the embarrassing shit show we've become tbf . 

14 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Can't argue with that . 

Naiusmith , Boyce , Walker , Lee , Halkett and many more are taking a fantastic wage for Scottish football and are still underperforming. 

The fact those four  in particular can't cut it at this level is is nothing short of embarrassing. 

The second tier in Scottish football and Naismith, Boyce , Walker are all struggling to make a mark is beyond depressing. 

Can't argue with that.

Howdy Doody Jambo
13 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Can't argue with that . 

Exactly our bigger players are not doing the business 

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

When we won trophies and weren't embarrassing ourselves in the 2nd  Tier of Scottish football . Most football fans would take that over the embarrassing shit show we've become tbf . 

That's not the day to day running of the club, that's the management of the first team. All the behind the scenes operational stuff is way more professional now.

Edited by Ray Gin

18 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

She probably sees a sizeable chunk of the fanbase as the enemy within I would imagine.

The time for another ruthless AB lecture to the support can't be far away.

“All genuine fans will understand...”

23 minutes ago, Ma Roon said:

well said that man.  I echo this.  It’s these imposter chicken hearted dickheads that pull on the jersey and masquerade as footballers that need the rocket ffs not Ann Budge and the colours of fekin walls. Jesus Christ 

I personally feel that she has brought much stability and business acumen as to how the club should be run prudently and financially. I don’t think anyone can take this away from her.

Im sorry though. For me that’s it. I don’t think it is intentional and I do believe that she wants what is best for the club, but I do think that her lack of knowledge on the footballing side is costing us. I’m not saying that she won’t get some decisions right, but definitely not all and I certainly think that she will continue to make mistakes (on the footballing side) and if she continues in her role.

it’s a point of balance and whether you think or not that the above is sufficient, or whether you think that change would be better for the club and when forming an opinion on it. 

7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

That's not the day to day running of the club, that's the management of the first team. All the behind the scenes operational stuff is way more professional now.

Is it though? What is way more professional?

Nelly Terraces
16 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I would ****ing LOVE a boss like Budge.

Likewise. I'm looking to retire early but absolutely no danger would I be thinking of it if I had a cushy wee number under supergran, just coast along doing very little for a few years & get away with it - sign me up!!

One thing we should learn from history, is look what happened in the late 70s.

Big club, poor players/performances, poor leadership from the top(regards the footballing side)= years of struggle.

Maybe some don’t realise but we’ve already started. 

IMO the signing of Neilson was as shady as hell

Neilson was contracted too Dundee United, so where does this story come from regarding his availability? You then assume that he was tapped up by Levein, who we were told didn't have a role at Tynecastle (lol) or Budge, which I very much doubt.

Why did the signing of Neilson happen at record level speed?...Was it that he was actually on his way out at United and Budge had to act quick to secure him. Not forgetting that acting quick is definitely not the Budge way! 

And does it account for why she treated Stendel in such an appalling manner?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Proud as I am of our investment via FOH, I’ve been struggling to see the point for ages now.

Basically, Budge pisses the money up the wall and in return a couple of FOH stooges get free dinners and tickets to the directors box, while challenging her over nothing.

If this was another club, we’d be laughing at them and calling their fans mugs.

1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

IMO the signing of Neilson was as shady as hell

Neilson was contracted too Dundee United, so where does this story come from regarding his availability? You then assume that he was tapped up by Levein, who we were told didn't have a role at Tynecastle (lol) or Budge, which I very much doubt.

Why did the signing of Neilson happen at record level speed?...Was it that he was actually on his way out at United and Budge had to act quick to secure him. Not forgetting that acting quick is definitely not the Budge way! 

And does it account for why she treated Stendel in such an appalling manner?

Yes, clubs never get managers from other clubs. 

🤔

Dusk_Till_Dawn
18 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

well said that man.  I echo this.  It’s these imposter chicken hearted dickheads that pull on the jersey and masquerade as footballers that need the rocket ffs not Ann Budge and the colours of fekin walls. Jesus Christ 

It’s the whole package. It’s rotten from top to bottom.

8 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

One thing we should learn from history, is look what happened in the late 70s.

Big club, poor players/performances, poor leadership from the top(regards the footballing side)= years of struggle.

Maybe some don’t realise but we’ve already started. 

That’s the worry.  Having been through that I never ever want to see Hearts in that position again.  I just get the feeling that the top of the tree here have become too “nice”.  We need a bit of out and out ruthlessness that filters down through the whole club in order to get to where we should be. I include player recruitment in that. I get the impression that we don’t go after certain players because they don’t fit the profile that the club wants to portray. We need winners out on that pitch to get to where we need to be. Just now I see players just going through the motions.

Edited by Deevers

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Your posts?

Agreed.

One minute AB is slated as a soppy, soft granny and next she is apparently treating Stendel in an appalling manner and shady dealings in getting Neilsen to come to Hearts.  Mmmmmm.  

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

To an extent.  Watching the documentary and it was cringe watching Budge who for me just looked like a sweet granny , aimlessly wondering about the place looking bewildered and lost.  
when covid is gone she’ll be away soon enough as well.

I stand by what I said though it’s the squad (and likely the manager) who are the real dugshit 

1 minute ago, weehammy said:

The Pieman is rightly reviled for running up our debts to a level that we looked like we’d have to leave Tynecastle.

But in doing so he also oversaw the rebuilding of Tynecastle and the development of the best team for years that won the cup in 98.

Romanov ultimately bankrupted us but only after we’d won two cups and assembled a terrific team in 05/06.

Before either of the above, Mercer took us from being a yo-yo club to almost winning the double.

Budge has given us a shiny new stand and no debt, both significant achievements, but she’s behind all of the above when it comes to producing a half decent team.

when that tosser Robinson bought the club the rebuilding was already done for the wheatfield and underway for the end.   He is the worst by a country mile. I feel sick whenever I see him at Tynecastle. 

41 minutes ago, jambonian said:

The only way we are going to get back to being the Hearts we know is to have a chairman in place who has financial backing behind them, or at least working with a consortium. Ann did us proud when she grabbed the club by the hee-haws and got us back from the brink of oblivion but the time has come to let someone else take over. Anyone who thinks that FoH, as brilliant as they are, can move the club up a level (in terms of finance) on their own and without alternative backing running alongside them is living in cloud cukoo-land. We're not asking for the quality of your Man City's and Liverpool's here, totally unrealistic but, when you only have the old firm to challenge with then it shouldn't be so difficult to at least compete with Aberdeen for example. I mean, Ross County, Livingston, St Johnstone and others? What the frk is going on!?

Ann, thanks very much but it's time to step down now and let someone else try to turn the club around, for your sake, and ours.

👏👏👏👏

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yes, clubs never get managers from other clubs. 

🤔

I understand the usual recruitment process......You don't have to patronise me!

However, there is usually a vacancy, or at least potential managers available to take up position

In this case, at the time there was neither!

I was just raising the question about the process and time lapse which was very unBudge like