• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Francis Albert

• NANOJAMBO

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What are the actually contributing at the moment?

Who knows?

I guess you either have a bit of faith or not.

We all know it's been shite on the park, but is everything else? Not so sure. 

Yet folk will pontificate and everything is black or white. When reality suggest lots of shades of grey.

And if it were so bad, would FoH be involved? Given its genesis and reason for being, the fact it is there makes me think they're ok with the set up as they see the bigger picture.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Whereas you on Universal Credit and your mum’s Shepherds Pie can turn it all around?

Yes, i8 is the only alternative in the world to Budge.

Big Slim Stylee
15 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I would think that what's going through her mind is why we can destroy Hibs at Easter road but we can beat any of the rest of the pish week after week

Which is such a good point. It’s that lack of consistency that’s forever done  us. Up for the big games.

Big Slim Stylee
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Yes, i8 is the only alternative in the world to Budge.

Fortunately there’s you as a fallback.

29 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I'm not having that. This is a picture of her after the 3-1 scudding of Hibs at Easter Road.

The proper Hearts supporters at ER that night certainly did not look like that.

BPLkLcEl.jpg

Aye yer right broon you got a broon fur coat tae?😆

Dusk_Till_Dawn
10 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Fortunately there’s you as a fallback.

You’d be a perfect fit with Budge - you and your “we’ve always been shit” mantra. Inspirational stuff.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
19 minutes ago, Boris said:

Who knows?

I guess you either have a bit of faith or not.

We all know it's been shite on the park, but is everything else? Not so sure. 

Yet folk will pontificate and everything is black or white. When reality suggest lots of shades of grey.

And if it were so bad, would FoH be involved? Given its genesis and reason for being, the fact it is there makes me think they're ok with the set up as they see the bigger picture.

So on the evidence we have, there’s no sign of them contributing anything. Even you say you’re basing it on faith.

FOH have no choice but to be involved. The deal is agreed and hundreds and thousands of pounds of fans money has already been spent. There’s no backing out.

Sadly, they are token figures letting Budge have her way.

Big Slim Stylee
21 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You’d be a perfect fit with Budge - you and your “we’ve always been shit” mantra. Inspirational stuff.

We’ve always been ok. Much more preferable place to be than your endless “we’re doomed” stuff, tbh. Must do your ulcers in so bad.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 29/11/2020 at 11:06, Francis Albert said:

Ok what reasons? The virus might have been passed in the bank transfer?

Budge has just extended the club a 1m loan. We're profitable because of benefactors she brought on board. Why on earth would we risk losing that kind of support by changing ownership during a financial meltdown?

16 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

So on the evidence we have, there’s no sign of them contributing anything. Even you say you’re basing it on faith.

FOH have no choice but to be involved. The deal is agreed and hundreds and thousands of pounds of fans money has already been spent. There’s no backing out.

So Budge is really Blofeld and playing FoH like a fiddle?

Seriously?

Look, on field has been rotten, we all know that, and Budge is ultimately responsible, but your scorched earth view of things is a bit, sorry I can't think of a word that isn't rude, so I'll say weird.

You say evidence, you have no evidence of what is talked of at board meetings. So how can you say the FoH haven't disagreed?

Remember it was the FoH that sought out Budge, maybe they shouldn't have. Where would we be then?

6 minutes ago, Boris said:

Seriously?

Look, on field has been rotten, we all know that, and Budge is ultimately responsible, but your scorched earth view of things is a bit, sorry I can't think of a word that isn't rude, so I'll say weird.

You say evidence, you have no evidence of what is talked of at board meetings. So how can you say the FoH haven't disagreed?

Remember it was the FoH that sought out Budge, maybe they shouldn't have. Where would we be then?

Fair summary!

28 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The two FoH directors will get involved in the usual boardroom decision making. Just because you don’t like what the board doesn’t mean they are not involved. 

if FoH members don’t agree with what the Hearts board does they need to elect different people to the FoH board so as to steer the club differently. 

1 hour ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Remind us who runs the bar. 

Is it another family member who supports the wee team?

Best qualified person for the job irrespective of the team he follows...no? Graham Pacitti is a Celtic supporter and wee John who’s assistant head of catering and hospitality, is a Hun.

We are a diverse employer without prejudice, right across the board imo. You don’t need to be a Jambo to work for HMFC. By the same token Liam Boyce supports Celtic. If he misses a chance against them in the final will this be held against him as a deliberate miss or as a Celtic supporter who plays in maroon? 

15 minutes ago, Boris said:

Seriously?

👍🏻 Well said , the only response you get to that though is....There was others would have put up the money. Others would have stepped up

Toxteth O'Grady
1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Is it another family member

Yes - a bit of a coincidence - a bit like the search for a manager and he was along the corridor.  Best person for the job? don’t be ridiculous 

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I often wonder that perhaps the reason we are so soft is because we have all these donations. It is just luxury money severely being taken for granted by Ann Budge imo.

Excess players, ridiculously generous contracts, endless charity work and job creation throughout the non playing staff. Ann seems to focus on vanity projects and the  luxury aspects of being a football club.  If we had a basic pot with one flow of pish then she would have to by force to focus on the basics.

We are desperately crying out for the basics. I actually think Budge would not be quite so dangerous if the fans did not spoil the club so much.

Who is this we you mention. Certainty isn't Hearts. Supporters go to games(before Covid) and/or offer financial assistance if they are able. 

Now you insinuate that we, the supporters of Heart of Midlothian, are spoiling club by choosing to back our club. 

I can’t wait to beat Morton on Saturday and then win next few games so you disappear under the rock you inhabit. 

She is not Hearts through and through, as shown in the picture someone posted above with her reaction at Easter Road following the third goal going in. 

Brothers company for the new stand

Overspent and late new stand

Nephew running the 1874

’genuine fans statement’ 

Years for the football department review (did there end up being one)

didn’t sack Levein until a year too late 

appointed Neilson as she is mate with him 

Majority of statements during the court case were weak 

Jobs for the girls in the offices - as shown briefly in the documentary and you can see why it’s a shambles 

Was it her idea to postpone the FOH takeover? Genuine question. Baffling how it’s not happened 

the list could go on. 

Those points cannot be argued and I strongly believe that Heart of Midlothian will not achieve their potential with her at the helm

1 minute ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Yes - a bit of a coincidence - a bit like the search for a manager and he was along the corridor.  Best person for the job? don’t be ridiculous 

How do you know they aren’t the best person for the job? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
26 minutes ago, Boris said:

Seriously?

They sought out Budge six years ago. Six! A lot has gone on in that time and we’re back where we started. So yes, great that she got involved then. But she’s outstayed her welcome and I’ll say it again - there’s no evidence of FOH influencing anything on the inside. And nothing to suggest that their fear of saying anything publicly is any different privately.

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Who is this we you mention. Certainty isn't Hearts. Supporters go to games(before Covid) and/or offer financial assistance if they are able. 

Now you insinuate that we, the supporters of Heart of Midlothian, are spoiling club by choosing to back our club. 

I can’t wait to beat Morton on Saturday and then win next few games so you disappear under the rock you inhabit. 

Budge is dangerous , shes Blofeld she’s Edinburgh’s PolPot...she’s being guided by her astronomer and wants us to drive on the other side of the road (in our case play in the championship) because the voices in her head tell her too. Similarly she is awaiting Tynie being re-opened to have a Hearts version of genocide(im not making light of genocide before anyone starts - just highlighting the idiocy of the comment) - in our case sterilise the fans , make Tynie a library and let women into the games.

****ing Dangerous....what world do some people live in , cause sure as **** the sky aint blue in it....

7 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I have been to more games than many a Hearts fan. I have contributed more to Hearts than many a Hearts fan.

Hope this clears up your doubt.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You’ve been pushing the ‘it’ll all come good soon’ line for a long, long time now. Without success.

7 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

He must be though. Why else appoint him? It’s only a coincidence that Ann’s his aunty. He’s an experienced barman and the best in his craft. We’re lucky to have him in my opinion. 

Just like the very chap for the job after IC left, was in the building the whole time. He was best qualified was he not? After all he managed the national team so he must be. Now that  definitely wasn’t a coincidence and think of all the money we saved when he had dual status as manager and DOF on one salary. It was a win win for us 

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

They sought out Budge six years ago. Six! A lot has gone on in that time and we’re back where we started. So yes, great that she got involved then. But she’s outstayed her welcome and I’ll say it again - there’s no evidence of FOH influencing anything on the inside. And nothing to suggest that their fear of saying anything publicly is any different privately.

Likewise there is nothing to suggest they don’t say things in private. Shes outstayed her welcome in your opinion. Others are happy with her. No one is happy with the performances or the last 3years. Most however I would suggest can still appreciate we have lost 1 league game and are well positioned to be promoted again and win a cup. 

Unfortunately it seems a lot of those who shout loudest dont see both positives and negatives but only what suits them

Big Slim Stylee
14 minutes ago, sadj said:

👍🏻 Well said , the only response you get to that though is....There was others would have put up the money. Others would have stepped up

They were queuing up weren’t they?😀

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Budge is dangerous , shes Blofeld she’s Edinburgh’s PolPot...she’s being guided by her astronomer and wants us to drive on the other side of the road (in our case play in the championship) because the voices in her head tell her too. Similarly she is awaiting Tynie being re-opened to have a Hearts version of genocide(im not making light of genocide before anyone starts - just highlighting the idiocy of the comment) - in our case sterilise the fans , make Tynie a library and let women into the games.

****ing Dangerous....what world do some people live in , cause sure as **** the sky aint blue in it....

<checks "ignore " list>  yeah, he's there.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Likewise there is nothing to suggest they don’t say things in private. Shes outstayed her welcome in your opinion. Others are happy with her. No one is happy with the performances or the last 3years. Most however I would suggest can still appreciate we have lost 1 league game and are well positioned to be promoted again and win a cup. 

Unfortunately it seems a lot of those who shout loudest dont see both positives and negatives but only what suits them

We will go up this season but Jesus Christ, so we should. This league doesn’t get more tinpot.

After that, we’ve got a bland head coach and a very poor squad. 

18 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

She is not Hearts through and through, as shown in the picture someone posted above with her reaction at Easter Road following the third goal going in. 

Brothers company for the new stand

Overspent and late new stand

It wasn't. I fell for the chat on here and I didn't take too much interest in it at the time - but it wasn't overspent. SJ has clearly set out the context of what happened. 

Edit : it did over run slightly (as big capex projects inevitably do) and there was a degree of overspend but not to the degree we (and me) all thought. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

50 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

We’ve always been ok. Much more preferable place to be than your endless “we’re doomed” stuff, tbh. Must do your ulcers in so bad.

Don't be fooled. 

Some people get their jollies by sucking the life out of everything, it must be horrible waking up every day despising yourself.

Just accept them and be pleased you have a decent outlook on life in general.

Malinga the Swinga
21 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You’ve been pushing the ‘it’ll all come good soon’ line for a long, long time now. Without success.

I have no idea if it will all come good. No one has. I certainly hope it does. 

Just that 4 days after we lost to Alloa, I have got over it and am looking forward to Morton and eventually to Cup Final. 

If this Covid shit has taught me anything, it's look forward not backward and there's more to life than football. 

Malinga the Swinga
27 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I have been to more games than many a Hearts fan. I have contributed more to Hearts than many a Hearts fan.

Hope this clears up your doubt.

No, doesn't really. Other than getting off on abusing Mrs B, abusing women's football, abusing women footballers and generally abusing women, no idea what you contribute but it isn't supporting Hearts. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

I'm not having that. This is a picture of her after the 3-1 scudding of Hibs at Easter Road.

The proper Hearts supporters at ER that night certainly did not look like that.

BPLkLcEl.jpg

Is this seriously a complaint. Moaning about a photo. FFS, a new low. 

bigsuperslim1874
32 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

He must be though. Why else appoint him? It’s only a coincidence that Ann’s his aunty. He’s an experienced barman and the best in his craft. We’re lucky to have him in my opinion. 

Just like the very chap for the job after IC left, was in the building the whole time. He was best qualified was he not? After all he managed the national team so he must be. Now that  definitely wasn’t a coincidence and think of all the money we saved when he had dual status as manager and DOF on one salary. It was a win win for us 

Bingo - he has been doing it for years and is well respected at his job. Ann’s his Aunty and he is a Hibbie - big deal.  This place.....

:facepalm:

Thank heavens there was no internet between 1965-1983. There would have been multiple suicides and kickback meltdown on a nearly weekly basis.

Christ i was 35 yrs old before i saw,Hearts win a major trophy the Scottish cup in 1998.

I survived the barren decade against Hibs and the 01/01/73.

1968 cup final aged 5, 1976 final aged 13.

Cried my eyes out aged 14 in 1977 when we were relegated for the first time in our then 103 years history.

I along with thousands of others, have the battle scars, yet we have durvived. I will survive this current period too. 

I have been there, done that and got several blooming t shirts.

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No, doesn't really. Other than getting off on abusing Mrs B, abusing women's football, abusing women footballers and generally abusing women, no idea what you contribute but it isn't supporting Hearts. 

Abusing Budge and women's football has nothing to do with me supporting Hearts.  It seems now that 4 years on most Hearts fans share my exact views on Budge and echo my opinions on her. Are we all sexist?

Not sure where you get that I abuse women in general. Perhaps just a lazy opinion you have.

I give you the abusing women's football. You are correct, I have nothing but contempt for it. I see it as shite and dull as Formula 1, tennis, golf and horseracing. We live in a world where our lives are almost fully controlled but as it stands I can still like or dislike whatever the **** sports I want to.

In addition, if it makes you feel any better I think women's football is as complete and utter bollox as MEN'S Motor racing.

58 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Best qualified person for the job irrespective of the team he follows...no? Graham Pacitti is a Celtic supporter and wee John who’s assistant head of catering and hospitality, is a Hun.

Imo the only 2 folk at the club excelling at their jobs.

37 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We will go up this season but Jesus Christ, so we should. This league doesn’t get more tinpot.

After that, we’ve got a bland head coach and a very poor squad. 

Head coach I agree , said many times i was one of the first moaning about robbies style of play. I was happy to be winning games but not with the performances. Not sure the squad is poor. I think its unbalanced. I dont know what was available in the summer as I paid very little attention to football as I was pissed at the treatment of us. 

42 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

<checks "ignore " list>  yeah, he's there.

😘🤣 Here was me agreeing with you on stuff yesterday too. It has ruined my online confidence being on your ignore list however.😉

38 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Don't be fooled. 

Some people get their jollies by sucking the life out of everything, it must be horrible waking up every day despising yourself.

Just accept them and be pleased you have a decent outlook on life in general.

I like this post...being a generally happy person and having a decent positive outlook on life. Thank **** considering my charity stuff and career if i didnt it could be very very bad.....and Id also spend more time on here being miserable

The Hogfather
2 hours ago, credit card said:

Aye yer right broon you got a broon fur coat tae?😆

tenor.gif

20 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Is this seriously a complaint. Moaning about a photo. FFS, a new low. 

Good, you read that post without actually understanding the context behind it. Just had to drop everything and get all worked up over it.

Cardiff Hearts
3 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I don’t need to check any minutes about our stand and who entered into any agreement. I’m sure if the club were lobbied then they have minuted meetings and would need full transparency as to how contractors were decide and by what process.

I have no problem with the stand or the contractor or the cost for that matter. 

To suggest there was any impropriety and to call someone out for it, is slanderous. To insist something improper had happened that precluded a fair and unjust act occurred is libellous. 

It is entirely your right to have no issue with the stand nor its cost.

Equally, as a fellow shareholder, you should respect the fact that some of us have a contrary view and an equal voice to raise our concerns. Yours is not the only opinion / voice.

And as for your claims of being ITK ? You”ll forgive me if I take that with a healthy dose of Saxa.....your previous ITK exclusives / inside tracks have been well wide of the mark. 

50 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

They were queuing up weren’t they?😀

Thats how I remember it. I hate that people can’t separate the good work and long term plans she has brought to fruition and continues to do to grow the business side of the club from the poor football side where criticism is deserved. 

The commercial success in turn needs shown on the pitch with consistency not a few cup runs but sustained league success. We are failing in this badly. They are entitled to bitch and moan about the performances. If not the results this season. The lack of desire and intensity on the pitch. That just becomes Budge is shit though. People said JJ advising would change things. They get that its not. Whatever is causing the poor body language of players and insipid performances needs resolved. Robbie is capable he did it with arguably a poorer squad last time. He is not my choice of manager but again without paying attention I don’t know who was available but Im also not sure Stendel would have succeeded this year. 

AB deserves credit and criticism. The sad thing is the way people choose to show that criticism. 

17 minutes ago, sadj said:

😘🤣 Here was me agreeing with you on stuff yesterday too. It has ruined my online confidence being on your ignore list however.😉

Not you !!!!! 😅

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Budge has just extended the club a 1m loan. We're profitable because of benefactors she brought on board. Why on earth would we risk losing that kind of support by changing ownership during a financial meltdown?

Once the shares are transferred nothing about how  Hearts are run will change. Why would the financial  support from the benefactors  change? 

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

So, when Budge does go and FoH take over, in your eyes not much will have changed?

You may be right about FoH and them being quiet through fear, but equally you may be wrong. As for influence, I doubt Budge is running everything by them, out with normal board protocols. But as it stands, she owns the business. Like Mercer  and Vlad before her. Robinson to a lesser extent I think?

Again, we're all pissed off at where we are in a footballing, competitive way, and again that's on her watch, but from a business perspective, infrastructure etc we are doing ok. Sounds a bit jam tomorrow, and given what has been spent we shouldn't even be debating this, however let's say the footballing side was ok, would we talking about the other stuff? I doubt it.

9 hours ago, sadj said:

Thats how I remember it. I hate that people can’t separate the good work and long term plans she has brought to fruition and continues to do to grow the business side of the club from the poor football side where criticism is deserved. 

The commercial success in turn needs shown on the pitch with consistency not a few cup runs but sustained league success. We are failing in this badly. They are entitled to bitch and moan about the performances. If not the results this season. The lack of desire and intensity on the pitch. That just becomes Budge is shit though. People said JJ advising would change things. They get that its not. Whatever is causing the poor body language of players and insipid performances needs resolved. Robbie is capable he did it with arguably a poorer squad last time. He is not my choice of manager but again without paying attention I don’t know who was available but Im also not sure Stendel would have succeeded this year. 

AB deserves credit and criticism. The sad thing is the way people choose to show that criticism. 

Your wasting your time, unless we're top and clear by 30 points, criticism will be found, be it the bogs, pies or light definition. It's completely pointless even thinking about it anymore. This place is a cesspit of negativity led by by some extremely warped individuals, I mean 51 posts on this subject alone by one of them, how much more guff can anyone post, I suspect a lot more. 

It's now become some individuals way of life, wake up, click open the laptop, slag off Hearts, rinse, repeat........every single day.

Just drags you down man, trust me sadj, it's better left alone. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 hours ago, Boris said:

So, when Budge does go and FoH take over, in your eyes not much will have changed?

You may be right about FoH and them being quiet through fear, but equally you may be wrong. As for influence, I doubt Budge is running everything by them, out with normal board protocols. But as it stands, she owns the business. Like Mercer  and Vlad before her. Robinson to a lesser extent I think?

Again, we're all pissed off at where we are in a footballing, competitive way, and again that's on her watch, but from a business perspective, infrastructure etc we are doing ok. Sounds a bit jam tomorrow, and given what has been spent we shouldn't even be debating this, however let's say the footballing side was ok, would we talking about the other stuff? I doubt it.

There was a lot of chat about the non-football side when Vlad was here, even when the football was going well. I think people are able to concentrate on both. I just don’t think it’s ever credible for a club to say yes, the football is shite but look at our amazing restaurant etc. The football is what it’s all about