Budge.

The Roller

40 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Why the delay? 

:what:

There shouldn’t be.  It’s ridiculous.  Bunch of yes me who is meant to be representing us.  

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Francis Albert

• NANOJAMBO

2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

There shouldn’t be.  It’s ridiculous.  Bunch of yes me who is meant to be representing us.  

I've said since day 1, the FoH have no sway with the board and cannot appoint a manager or CEO.

This is intentional! The majority shareholder is the minority decision maker!

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Jambo61 said:

I've said since day 1, the FoH have no sway with the board and cannot appoint a manager or CEO.

The governance structure needs to change, its nonsensical that she’s going to decide when she leaves. 

52 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

You do worry about how bad it might actually get with her in charge.   I think we have only played 6 seasons outside the top flight in our history.  Most of them were during the late 70's and early 80's when the SPL only had 10 teams.  So failure to win the Championship this season would mark an all time low in our history.  All this despite being on a sound financial footing for the first time in generations.  She is an absolute hideous football club owner.

in many respects I thought last season was the worst I've experienced. There were reasons the late 70's/early 80's were so bad but last season was disgraceful

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Time to go, but even after the FoH own the club it will still be up to her unless the governance plan changes.

No it won’t it will be up to the Hearts board to elect a chairperson. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

The governance structure needs to change, its nonsensical that she’s going to decide when she leaves. 

Too late mate, it's a stitch up and we can't do anything about it!  She goes and nothing structurally changes!

The same way I couldn't understand why fans were sticking by Levein for so long, I can't understand why people are still sticking by Budge. She is clearly out of her depth and is turning us into a laughing stock. The football side of the club is a shambles, from player recruitment, to the academy, managerial appointments and our style of play. 

If I was in her shoes, I'd hold my hands up, admit things weren't working and discuss handing over to FOH. We then need a total clear out and put the proper foundations in place to move forward, such as proper coaches and scouts, plus an experienced manager worthy of the Hearts job. No more experiments.

Edited by Paulp74

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No it won’t it will be up to the Hearts board to elect a chairperson. 

When’s that happen? Every year? Do her pals on the board have the balls to sack her?

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

The same way I couldn't understand why fans were sticking by Levein for so long, I can't understand why people are still sticking by Budge. She is clearly out of her depth and is turning us into a laughing stock. The football side of the club is a shambles, from player recruitment, to the academy, managerial appointments and our style of play. 

If I was in her shoes, I'd hold my hands up, admit things weren't working and discuss handing over to FOH. We then need a total clear out and put the proper foundations in place to move forward, such as proper coaches and scouts, plus an experienced manager worthy of the Hearts job. No more experiments.

I genuinely think much against what she says in public she can’t give it up, why not enjoy your life and all that money. Take that lovely white Porsche 13 AJB for a drive, restrictions willing, not just from Murrayfield to Tynie every day. 

13 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

So just let someone who’s made **** up after **** up spunking millions wrong managers demotions the complete set make all decisions still?  The foh board seem happy to be thrown a wee crumb while Budge continues to waste money and run the club down.

Its ludicrous we are in this position.  

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Too late mate, it's a stitch up and we can't do anything about it!  She goes and nothing structurally changes!

The FoH must be able to be changed surely, at least get folk who will actually represent the will of the fans. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

When’s that happen? Every year? Do her pals on the board have the balls to sack her?

Only if they want to. As majority shareholder that’s complicated but less so as minority shareholder. 

I genuinely think much against what she says in public she can’t give it up, why not enjoy your life and all that money. Take that lovely white Porsche 13 AJB for a drive, restrictions willing, not just from Murrayfield to Tynie every day. 

Vanity project and like Levein she will never admit it’s went tits up.  She cares about that more than the club. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I know. I dont get it. Not sure if it's an ego/power thing for people like that and they want to say they're CEO of Hearts. 

Long term I’m having doubts about the FOH, not sure in its present guise, it’s the best way going forward 

If in the next few years, someone (preferably a Jambo ) came forward looking to invest, we would be foolish to ignore it.

There is a ceiling that a fan owned club can reach, and it might come to a stage where the club has to reconsider what is best for the club

magicjohnston

In one of the open goal podcasts, when Jim Jefferies was appointed in his current role. Kevin Kyle said that JJ couldn't believe some of the stuff he'd already found out going on in the football department and neither could KK after JJ told him about some of it. I'd love to know what some of them were/are...

Edited by magicjohnston
Spelling

Last season when she said we should be challenging for Europe when we were bottom of the table let me know absolutely everything I needed to.

She's obsessed with turning the club into a business and forgetting it is a FOOTBALL CLUB. 

Do you honestly think she's just stopped listening to CL because he's "gone"?

She's the rot in the club. There's no other explanation. She's the only constant as everything gets worse.

Remember, no swearing or passion allowed.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I know. I dont get it. Not sure if it's an ego/power thing for people like that and they want to say they're CEO of Hearts. 

I think it’s more fear of not working and having that structure to your day that you’ve had all your adult life. But I’m sure if I had her money I could find enough things to do. Watching Hearts just now would well down the list. 

16 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Long term I’m having doubts about the FOH, not sure in its present guise, it’s the best way going forward 

If in the next few years, someone (preferably a Jambo ) came forward looking to invest, we would be foolish to ignore it.

There is a ceiling that a fan owned club can reach, and it might come to a stage where the club has to reconsider what is best for the club

I'm a bit disillusioned with FOH also but for different reasons. 

For being fan owned and the majority shareholder (when we buy Budge out) we seem to have very little control over how the club is ran. 

Surely the FOH rep who takes over the club should be the main decision maker, with the fans interests at heart?

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Last season when she said we should be challenging for Europe when we were bottom of the table let me know absolutely everything I needed to.

She's obsessed with turning the club into a business and forgetting it is a FOOTBALL CLUB. 

Do you honestly think she's just stopped listening to CL because he's "gone"?

She's the rot in the club. There's no other explanation. She's the only constant as everything gets worse.

Remember, no swearing or passion allowed.

Exactly. I’m convinced he told to get Neilson back and get rid of Stendel. The bit in the documentary when Levein was asked if he was surprised when Neilson returned he said “no” in that smug big header style of his. He backed off from saying anymore in the radio show he initially said it in, just that Neilson had unfinished business at the club. 

28 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

So just let someone who’s made **** up after **** up spunking millions wrong managers demotions the complete set make all decisions still?  The foh board seem happy to be thrown a wee crumb while Budge continues to waste money and run the club down.

Its ludicrous we are in this position.  

That's why I have raised it on here time after time.............to silence.

If Hearts go tits up who gets any proceeds of sale (1p in the £?), it's not the FoH members!

So we have no influence and no compensation, lose lose!

11 minutes ago, magicjohnston said:

In one of the open goal podcasts, when Jim Jefferies was appointed in his current role. Kevin Kyle said that JJ couldn't believe some of the stuff he'd already found out going on in the football department and neither could KK after JJ told him about some of it. I'd love to know what some of them were/are...

Did AB ever make public what the review of "the football department" actually amounted to or what changes were to be made ? 

31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The FoH must be able to be changed surely, at least get folk who will actually represent the will of the fans. 

Yep no problem, but still a minority on any board!

Pasquale for King
Just now, Jambo61 said:

Yep no problem, but still a minority on any board!

Might be a minority but the owners representatives must surely have the biggest say? 

33 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The FoH simply need to do what non exec shareholders in any business do - ask the awkward questions and hold the exec directors,  ie the board,  to account. If the board or individual directors aren't performing then they have a duty on behalf of stakeholders to speak out. I don't think they have done so and certainly if they have it has brought little or no improvement. 

I don't want to start dumping on FoH but I don't  believe they have been vociferous/vigilant  enough over the years. 

Their powers are limited but they have legally defined responsibilities. 

I would suggest witholding the transfer of FoH monies to the club, until she goes. We are making it so easy for her to stay in control. It is the fans money that is helping keep the club afloat, whilst Budge sits idly by.

Pasquale for King
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

The FoH simply need to do what non exec shareholders in any business do - ask the awkward questions and hold the exec directors,  ie the board,  to account. If the board or individual directors aren't performing then they have a duty on behalf of stakeholders to speak out. I don't think they have done so and certainly if they have it has brought little or no improvement. 

I don't want to start dumping on FoH but I don't  believe they have been vociferous/vigilant  enough over the years. 

Their powers are limited but they have legally defined responsibilities. 

Thanks for that, the boardroom and it’s rules are not my strong point. Maybe the two new people elected shortly will be more proactive. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

I would suggest witholding the transfer of FoH monies to the club, until she goes. We are making it so easy for her to stay in control. It is the fans money that is helping keep the club afloat, whilst Budge sits idly by.

Whilst wasting said money. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Thanks for that, the boardroom and it’s rules are not my strong point. Maybe the two new people elected shortly will be more proactive. 

One person is standing again so might only be one new person on the FoH board. 

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

We already have Jambos with cash pumping it in, the benefactors have given £9m and have pledged to keep doing so. It might be as long as Budge is there though, which is ironic as we need their money because she keeps wasting it. 

magicjohnston
9 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Did AB ever make public what the review of "the football department" actually amounted to or what changes were to be made ? 

Good question, never saw the light of day after covid struck, which was convenient it would seem.

Everything other than the football department of the club is flourishing (pre-covid) Unfortunately the important part of the club, i.e the football performance on the pitch is continuing to sink into the abyss. 

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly. I’m convinced he told to get Neilson back and get rid of Stendel. The bit in the documentary when Levein was asked if he was surprised when Neilson returned he said “no” in that smug big header style of his. He backed off from saying anymore in the radio show he initially said it in, just that Neilson had unfinished business at the club. 

Think Levein had a massive say in Neilson coming back. 

At that point though he was meant to be well away from these decisions. 

I really don't think that was the case. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

One person is standing again so might only be one new person on the FoH board. 

I read this as the Hearts board now realise it’s the FoH board. 

B872C75F-13A3-4A4F-B3AC-4815CE1CE26E.jpeg

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Just a gut feel or any evidence?

Pasquale for King

I think she said she would always ask him for his opinion on decisions. Unfortunately for us she seems to trust him far too much, but then as the rest of Scottish football have shown she’s easily duped and to run rings round her, they’re no geniuses either. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Levein himself said he wasn’t shocked he came back, she’s said she would ask him about football decisions. It’s no coincidence or that unbelievable is it? Well not anymore than her waking up on a Sunday and deciding to get Neilson back. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No evidence Dave. 

Really just a gut feeling that he was involved even when he was meant to be in the background at the end. 

The documentary on TV suggested he was not surprised in the least that Neilson came back. 

Maybe I am just adding 2 and 2 together and getting five. 🤔

Nothing would surprise me though about how much Mrs B leaned and relied on CL judgement. 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think she said she would always ask him for his opinion on decisions. Unfortunately for us she seems to trust him far too much, but then as the rest of Scottish football have shown she’s easily duped and to run rings round her, they’re no geniuses either. 

Think she is definitely out of touch in the football side of things mate. 

Pasquale for King

Think she is definitely out of touch in the football side of things mate. 

She never has, and never will. 

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Levein himself said he wasn’t shocked he came back, she’s said she would ask him about football decisions. It’s no coincidence or that unbelievable is it? Well not anymore than her waking up on a Sunday and deciding to get Neilson back. 

She might well have discussed it with him but she did bring JJ onboard as her football consultant so I assume he was involved in the decision as well. And it would need ratified with the board. 

Bringing in a manager that just won the championship isn’t often seen as a bad thing, when you want to win the championship. However, I do think she likes to work with people she knows, trusts, and is comfortable with, which likely had some influence. 

Pasquale for King

She might well have discussed it with him but she did bring JJ onboard as her football consultant so I assume he was involved in the decision as well. And it would need ratified with the board. 

Bringing in a manager that just won the championship isn’t often seen as a bad thing, when you want to win the championship. However, I do think she likes to work with people she knows, trusts, and is comfortable with, which likely had some influence. 

From the Stendel thread, he’s usually spot on. Jeffries returned two weeks after Neilson returned and he was asked if he was happy with JJ returning. What manager worth his salt would go back into this tinpot league for a third time if he didn’t realise he was likely to be pushed out at United sooner rather than later. They didn’t put up much of a fight anyway. 

546A3F52-01E3-43DE-9ED2-082C64E8CBE9.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

From the Stendel thread, he’s usually spot on. Jeffries returned two weeks after Neilson returned and he was asked if he was happy with JJ returning. 

Fair enough. 😎

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

From the Stendel thread, he’s usually spot on. Jeffries returned two weeks after Neilson returned and he was asked if he was happy with JJ returning. What manager worth his salt would go back into this tinpot league for a third time if he didn’t realise he was likely to be pushed out at United sooner rather than later. They didn’t put up much of a fight anyway. 

Did the club actively look for/at other candidates or was it simply Stendel out, RN in ? 

It was evident more or less immediately that she would have had no idea who stendel was, given he was a relative unknown in Scotland. For a club of our size, to have to get a steer from a fans forum for a new manager is an example of how out of her depth she and other senior people at the club actually are.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Did the club actively look for/at other candidates or was it simply Stendel out, RN in ? 

I’m not in the know but the way Budge told the story she woke up on the Sunday morning and decided to “get Neilson done”. It all happened that fast and the three folk that knew couldn’t keep their mouths shut to have enough time to tell Stendel, who found out from a pal who saw it on social media. The episode perfectly encapsulates the amateurish way in which the club is run. She wouldn’t have done that to Levein, no employee deserves to be treated in such a way, especially when they’ve agreed to not being paid for half of the 7 months he was our manager.    

I’m not in the know but the way Budge told the story she woke up on the Sunday morning and decided to “get Neilson done”. It all happened that fast and the three folk that knew couldn’t keep their mouths shut yo have enough time to tell Stendel, who found out from a pal who saw it on social media. The episode perfectly encapsulates the amateurish way in which the club is run. She wouldn’t have done that to Levein, no employee deserves to be treated in such a way, especially when they’ve agreed to not being paid for half of the 7 months he was our manager.    

That's all I need to know.:sad:

Cheers. 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not in the know but the way Budge told the story she woke up on the Sunday morning and decided to “get Neilson done”. It all happened that fast and the three folk that knew couldn’t keep their mouths shut to have enough time to tell Stendel, who found out from a pal who saw it on social media. The episode perfectly encapsulates the amateurish way in which the club is run. She wouldn’t have done that to Levein, no employee deserves to be treated in such a way, especially when they’ve agreed to not being paid for half of the 7 months he was our manager.    

Was it not in the Sunday Papers as a rumour before it was announced early evening?

Pasquale for King

Was it not in the Sunday Papers as a rumour before it was announced early evening?

I thought she said she woke up on the Sunday and decided to do the deal. Might’ve been the Saturday but is it too much to ask them to keep it quiet, and also gave her time to get in touch with Stendel, who’s treatment in this flies in the face of everything she stands for. It was in the Sun on the Sunday but she only approached Utd in the Sunday according to the

BBC.

A4E035B2-89A9-489C-AC1A-97179F53532D.jpeg