• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Francis Albert

• NANOJAMBO

30 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Why should she remain in post following the conveniently delayed handover? The FOH office bearers should use their voting power to appoint a new chairperson and a DoF to run the football side. We already have a CEO to manage the business side. Budge can remain on the board if she chooses but not ‘in post’.

I agree with you completely. However, the relationship between the current FOH reps and the board appears far too cosy at the moment and there doesn't appear to be any real desire to make the changes required- at least not articulated by anyone senior within FOH. 

If there was someone to stand for one of the FOH positions that was prepared to go against the status quo and turn us around they'd have my vote. 

Anyone with a few quid to spare can lend someone money. Doesn’t mean that they then know what they are doing. She’s taking the club constantly backwards for years now with her shockingly poor decision making,From managers,to player recruitment,to wrecking the million pound pitch,to spending money appealing inevitable relegation which could have been spent on Gordon in January and saved the hassle,( everyone knew pereira wasn’t a real goalie and something had to be done) paying over the odds to her brother for the stand rebuild,to forgetting to order seats, to letting McPhee wear that suit at the semi final ( pure ridder).  where to stop !!!! 

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Give me your plan then... 

My plan 

Budge and her crew out

New board and manager in, who are not in place because they are trusted pals of Anne 

This plan should have been applied 2 seasons ago, when the Cathro : Levein etc disaster unfolded. 

unfortunately the same plan applies now...

Our club is soft and has gone so far backwards, it’s way past embarrassing. 
And whilst we beat the hibs, we continue to be a expensive underperforming bore. 

6 minutes ago, Barney bulge said:

Anyone with a few quid to spare can lend someone money. Doesn’t mean that they then know what they are doing. She’s taking the club constantly backwards for years now with her shockingly poor decision making,From managers,to player recruitment,to wrecking the million pound pitch,to spending money appealing inevitable relegation which could have been spent on Gordon in January and saved the hassle,( everyone knew pereira wasn’t a real goalie and something had to be done) paying over the odds to her brother for the stand rebuild,to forgetting to order seats, to letting McPhee wear that suit at the semi final ( pure ridder).  where to stop !!!! 

You’ve had a few too many mate. Step away from the keyboard. 

2 hours ago, The Fonz said:

Yet, bizarrely they seem to have complete faith in her.

If/when the handover is completed it is almost certain that she'll still be in post. Nothings going to change with the same people on the board even if the dynamic is altered ever so slightly. 

Fans rightly complain about the impact of FOH on the running of the club (or more importantly, lack of). The counter to that is that you put in your money and you get a vote, so change it. However, it doesn't seem to be a proposition that the right candidate would be attracted to and such a person would be fighting a losing battle from day one. 

We'd be an interesting case study in a book about organisational culture if someone was to write it. An overwhelming sense of self satisfaction in spite of abysmal performance within the core business function. 

I wouldn’t want to read or write the SWOT analysis. 

Given our likely financial position due to covid and the resultant demotion I doubt our bankers would be over eager for Ann to leave at the moment.

Once things settle with the pandemic I do think she will move on. 

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Given our likely financial position due to covid and the resultant demotion I doubt our bankers would be over eager for Ann to leave at the moment.

It’s a strange situation as without this pandemic she would have probably been hounded out the club in the summer. 

4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

It’s a strange situation as without this pandemic she would have probably been hounded out the club in the summer. 

She may have left of her own choice. The last year can’t have been much fun. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If I was her I'd launch us. 

Hopefully there is a am American guru or such waiting with our best interests at  heart. 

45 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Give me your plan then... 

Why should he have to name a plan 

A ceo whose overseen a shambles for 4 years 

Your plan is to continue with the clownshoes shitshow fingers crossed eyes closed and hope for the best ?

The problem for me, is the gap between the top and the footballing dept.

AB is the boss, simple as that. But she wants to be detached given her admission she knows nothing about running a football team. That was one mistake she made admitting that.  She could’ve played it quiet on that front and gave of a different perception.

And regards the gap. Who’s judging the coaches, scouting and general running of the footballing dept?  Has JJ got that power? Can he go in and say, “sorry, A, B and C, it’s not working, bye bye”.... does he feel he’s got this clout or does he have to run it past a chairperson who claims to know nothing?  The much criticised John Murray....can JJ tell him where to go if he thought he wasn’t good enough, or has he got his feet firmly under the table?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I love the argument what would we do without Ann and her rich friends? 

Play top flight football. 

You’d get the same goons bending over for Budge as we head into the Lowlands League.

**** knows what their game is but they can **** off away from this club

Cruickshankforscotland

Seemed the way forward a while back was that FOH would repay the funds and take over the club. This has been edged sideways and ultimately halted. FOH transfer should have been processed by now. AB should be Chair with no executive responsibilities. 
Seems those in charge now have deemed they are best placed to judge what happens next. So the transfer is on hold. Should they, AB, now decide what is best. Fair enough, but football wise they are overseeing constant underachieving on the park. 
There is no reason for the share transfer not to proceed. Hopefully this would concentrate minds. 

35 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

I agree with you completely. However, the relationship between the current FOH reps and the board appears far too cosy at the moment and there doesn't appear to be any real desire to make the changes required- at least not articulated by anyone senior within FOH. 

If there was someone to stand for one of the FOH positions that was prepared to go against the status quo and turn us around they'd have my vote. 

FOH is now a failure. It's usefulness has gone. They show no initiative what so ever. The extra donations for the court case was fan lead. The extra donations regarding money that would have been spent on away games has been fan lead and the donations for the SC which JKB are about to start, has been fan lead. I'll say it again and I got into a long drawn out debate about this before, WHEN the shares are finally transferred and giving a 6 to 12 month changeover period, what is the need for having both an FOH board and a club board. If that is what is in the articles then we should change those articles. I just don't see the point of having 2 boards, especially when it is becoming increasingly obvious 1 is now failing to provide anything other than a point for donations. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

Why should he have to name a plan 

A ceo whose overseen a shambles for 4 years 

Your plan is to continue with the clownshoes shitshow fingers crossed eyes closed and hope for the best ?

My plan... 

Let the manager win the league and get promotion. 

Let the new manager have a covid free, top flight transfer window. 

Let the new manager a shot at the the sc. 

Let all this happen while making sure the club survives. 

What's your plan? 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

Great.

At least you can celebrate one of the Edinburgh teams doing well.

Who's that? 

In fact, 

Main Stand, row 5, block s., s 23

Come up to me and we'll discuss hibs 👍

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Who's that? 

You are having a mare mate.  A bit like Anne B and her failed regime. 
They’ve had more chances and transfer windows and have managed to reach new lows. 

4 minutes ago, Cruickshankforscotland said:

Seemed the way forward a while back was that FOH would repay the funds and take over the club. This has been edged sideways and ultimately halted. FOH transfer should have been processed by now. AB should be Chair with no executive responsibilities. 
Seems those in charge now have deemed they are best placed to judge what happens next. So the transfer is on hold. Should they, AB, now decide what is best. Fair enough, but football wise they are overseeing constant underachieving on the park. 
There is no reason for the share transfer not to proceed. Hopefully this would concentrate minds. 

I asked this earlier.  Has the Foundation given any explanation why we haven’t bought her out yet? It’s always her word for it. 

I've had a warning for abusing fok 😂

Anyway, your plan falls down on "new board and manager". 

Aye, we all want a new board and manager, join the list of r madrid, Barca, arsenal , Newcastle etc. 

Good plan tho, new board and manager. 

Original and well thought out. 

👍

The thing is we are the Newcastle and Sunderland of Scottish football. A massive fan base but are underperforming for years on the pitch and this goes further back than the last 6 years. No matter how much we hate the OF, their fans would never accept the crap we are being asked to. To many of our support are always at the ready with their excuses, when there are none. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, David Black said:

The thing is we are the Newcastle and Sunderland of Scottish football. A massive fan base but are underperforming for years on the pitch and this goes further back than the last 6 years. No matter how much we hate the OF, their fans would never accept the crap we are being asked to. To many of our support are always at the ready with their excuses, when there are none. 

Are we ****. 

We've won more trophies and played in Europe more tones than both combined. 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

My plan... 

Let the manager win the league and get promotion. 

Let the new manager have a covid free, top flight transfer window. 

Let the new manager a shot at the the sc. 

Let all this happen while making sure the club survives. 

What's your plan? 

So same as the last 2 times then , dithering Anne who won't make a decision without ringing round half the league when it goes tits up cos she's ****ing clueless.

Maybe we'll come up smelling of roses  with Neilson in charge more likely it'll smell of shit.

Tho most of us should be immune to that whiff by now.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

I've had a warning for abusing fok 😂

Anyway, your plan falls down on "new board and manager". 

Aye, we all want a new board and manager, join the list of r madrid, Barca, arsenal , Newcastle etc. 

Good plan tho, new board and manager. 

Original and well thought out. 

👍

mate how can you get so emotional that u end up abusing folk on football forum - sad times :(  I suppose your optimism leaves you open to disappointments like this where as the more realistic thinkers are in no way surprised by these setbacks

the plan of new board and manager - do u know if that’s ever worked before? I think it has tbh so i’d quite like to go down that route as soon as is appropriate - always risks attached but we shouldn’t be terrified of changing things just cos recently an arrogant incompetent has royally fcked-up previous attempts at change

Remember as well there will be a good result on the horizon against a bunch of bakers and candlestick makers which will give you opportunity to claim to be right again and shout down the entitled etc and probably not long to wait for that :)

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Are we ****. 

We are playing in a far smaller league than Newcastle and Sunderland and I don't mean the numbers of teams. Just look at the competition in England compared to here. Three clubs massively underperforming in relation to their fan base.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Are we ****. 

Bottom line, today’s result is up there with the worst in our history.
We’ve been relegated, at the same time as the club being well run financially ha ha  (that’s a lie too - overspend on managers, stand, players and non first team priorities).

Our owner hasn’t just failed she has failed spectacularly, proving she knows nothing about football and dangerously, she doesn’t know when her time is up!!!  

13 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I asked this earlier.  Has the Foundation given any explanation why we haven’t bought her out yet? It’s always her word for it. 

I’m not aware she’s said anything about the share transfer. It’s not her decision now the shares have been paid for. 

23 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I love the argument what would we do without Ann and her rich friends? 

Play top flight football. 

Perhaps. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m not aware she’s said anything about the share transfer. It’s not her decision now the shares have been paid for. 

FOH bottle jobs 

14 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

That is a question we should all be asking at the FOH AGM. Why the delay and when. There are far to many now in the comfort zone of Directors boxes, wined and dined etc, that they don't want to give up. What exactly are our 2 reps on the club board doing.

You do worry about how bad it might actually get with her in charge.   I think we have only played 6 seasons outside the top flight in our history.  Most of them were during the late 70's and early 80's when the SPL only had 10 teams.  So failure to win the Championship this season would mark an all time low in our history.  All this despite being on a sound financial footing for the first time in generations.  She is an absolute hideous football club owner.

Edited by Randy Marsh

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Randy Marsh said:

You do worry about how bad it might actually get with her in charge.   I think we have only played 6 seasons outside the top flight in our history.  Most of them were during the late 70's and early 80's when the SPL only had 10 teams.  So failure to win the Championship this season would mark an all time low in our history.  All this despite being on a sound financial footing for generations.  She is an absolute hideous football club owner.

By a mile the most overrated owner we’ve ever had. Basically, we’ve got a new main stand which was horribly under costed.

Nothing else.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

You should ask them, if you are a member. 

The chance of a clear answer are very, very slim. Communication from FOH is a joke considering the cash we put in.

But I tell you what, I’ll try.

Francis Albert
51 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Sorry Dave but what have our bankers have to do with it? Are our bankers funding us in any way? 

2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

You do worry about how bad it might actually get with her in charge.   I think we have only played 6 seasons outside the top flight in our history.  Most of them were during the late 70's and early 80's when the SPL only had 10 teams.  So failure to win the Championship this season would mark an all time low in our history.  All this despite being on a sound financial footing for the first time in generations.  She is an absolute hideous football club owner.

We’ve finished lower than 13th before. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They will want a big handover presentation and quite rightly so. I’d rather we leave it till next year after getting promoted. Then Ann leaves. 

2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

All time lows are how we roll now under Mary Berry.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The chance of a clear answer are very, very slim. Communication from FOH is a joke considering the cash we put in.

But I tell you what, I’ll try.

I’d be interested in your reply. Be polite now. 😎

The club has been an unmitigated disaster since Neilson left first time round.  Cathro had no man management  skills.  He should never have been in charge  he was a number  3 at best.   Levein had so much power but no accountability.   dreadful  business practise.  

Then we had a £12 million overspend on the stand.  

Long term contracts to wasters. 

Thousands spent on Hearts Ladies.

The appointment  of a relatively unknown German as manager who  predictably failed.  

I could go on. 

Changes are needed.  Now.  And at the top.  

5 minutes ago, David Black said:

That is a question we should all be asking at the FOH AGM. Why the delay and when. There are far to many now in the comfort zone of Directors boxes, wined and dined etc, that they don't want to give up. What exactly are our 2 reps on the club board doing.

Why the delay? 

:what:

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry Dave but what have our bankers have to do with it? Are our bankers funding us in any way? 

No idea what our current debt arrangements are tbh, though I expect them to be higher than they were, but I’m assuming Ann won’t relinquish control until we don’t owe her any money. If we do have any credit facilities with commercial lenders then having Ann, or someone of equivalent status, is a huge positive. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

All an owner can do is provide a platform. 

She has done that and some. 

Players are the culprits. Have been for a very long time,  perhaps aided and abetted by the Levein of 2017 rather than the one of 10 15 years earlier.

Mind you,  a fair few teams seem to be suffering from training ground syndrome, the notion these games without fans are training matches. 

Problem for us, its been like this for us with fans

1 hour ago, The Fonz said:

Foh elected members should not be anywhere near that main stand and  should be seated in the wheatfeild  stand  ...

Just now, taylor75 said:

Foh elected members should not be anywhere near that main stand and  should be seated in the wheatfeild  stand  ...

Why? 

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No idea what our current debt arrangements are tbh, though I expect them to be higher than they were, but I’m assuming Ann won’t relinquish control until we don’t owe her any money. If we do have any credit facilities with commercial lenders then having Ann, or someone of equivalent status, is a huge positive. 

It is not up to Ann to decide when to "relinquish control". FOH have fulfilled all the requirements (and more) of their agreement with Ann/Bidco and have the funds to complete the transfer of ownership. Why they have not yet done so should be the main question at the forthcoming FOH AGM. The idea that we need Ann or someone of "equivalent status" to impress our "bankers" is frankly ludicrous. Even if we did I doubt many bankers would be overly impressed by Ann's performance since she gained control.

Francis Albert
18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Again unless the FOH/Bidco agreement has been modified without the approval of FOH members (which it should not have been) then it is not in Ann's power to choose not to relinquish power.

And maybe lenders would be impressed by a £13m overspend on the stand and abject failure on the performance of the core business ... but maybe not.

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Again unless the FOH/Bidco agreement has been modified without the approval of FOH members (which it should not have been) then it is not in Ann's power to choose not to relinquish power.

And maybe lenders would be impressed by a £13m overspend on the stand and abject failure on the performance of the core business ... but maybe not.

I agree with your first point. Lenders tend to be most impressed with the ability to repay.