Budge.

The Roller

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Welcome to football. To be fair losing today’s game would be a black mark against any manger we had. 

Exactly Dave.  It's football.  In cup ties, how often do the 'minnows' beat the bigger teams?   Hell, we have even been known the beat the Rangers and Celtic on occasion.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Francis Albert

• NANOJAMBO

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

:berra:

Am angry cos I usually get a pizza on a Saturday night but our useless bunch of turds have put me right off getting one now. 😡😁

12 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

When Hearts won their first 8 games, choosing Robbie seemed to have been the right decision.  Lose 2 and the knives are out.   

Apart from the Dundee game,our football has been poor,we rode our luck with results.

Just now, Jamstomorrow said:

Exactly Dave.  It's football.  In cup ties, how often do the 'minnows' beat the bigger teams?   Hell, we have even been known the beat the Rangers and Celtic on occasion.

I’ve seen it so ( too ) many times under many Hearts managers over the decades. 

1 hour ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

We're run by a sweetie rustling old granny. We're never going to be winners. 

Be careful what you wish for the previous owner just about done

away with the club for good 

Just like last AGM when the question was asked about being relegated , I'll ask this of Mrs Budge, do you have any contingency plans if we fail to gain promotion. Whilst it is a lot earlier in the season, it is also a shorter season and just like last season, the warning signs are there to see, at least those who want to see. It's not a tournament I bother about, but it is the style, the set up we are watching game after game. The fluke performance was v Dundee, the norm is every other game since. 

1 minute ago, ford donald said:

Apart from the Dundee game,our football has been poor,we rode our luck with results.

I agree, but AB is not to blame for the team's hot and cold performance.  

4 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Ah! that old chestnut........Meanwhile let's just get knocked out of the cup by a diddy team that we can't score against in 165 minutes of play. Play eye bleeding fitbaw, and rip the heart out of the club.

17 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

She is not in charge of the Hearts team.  She is the Managing Director of the board of Heart of Midlothian Football Club.  Obviously different things.  The Hearts Board of Directors make the decisions business wise.  AB has a casting vote should it become necessary.

She in the no1 in charge of hearts. The buck stops with her.

5 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

She in the no1 in charge of hearts. The buck stops with her.

If you put in a shit performance at your work, it that your fault or that of the managing director or whoever is in charge of you?

If you put in a shit performance at your work, it that your fault or that of the managing director or whoever is in charge of you?

If several people are consistently performing poorly, and it is affecting the overall company performance, then the ultimate responsibility is with the MD or CE. 

55 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Had you forgotten?

Never hear the end of it on here, seems people are easily bought and quick to forgive if you've threw a few quid about that you add interest onto. Hardly like she has come out of this out of pocket.

Well done Alloa. Enjoy your celebrations. The business side of the club since AB came in has been run really well but what the heck has happened to the football department? I don't understand how for such a big club as Hearts that we can so underachieve with this.

3 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

From a player recruitment perspective, very little difference between Budge and Vlad tbh: massive turnover of players, a terrifying percentage of the players are dreadful, lucrative long term contracts handed to absolute dross

Serious question - how many of our signings would be classed a success in the Budge era? It's a real struggle to think of many

Hickey - more for bringing dosh in though

Souttar - possibly, but black mark for injury record and maybe being overhyped

Lafferty - very short Hearts career though

McLaughlin - see Lafferty

Berra - great first season but very poor value for money since

Mikey Smith possibly 

7 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

If they keep me employed when I’ve been shit then it’s their fault 

Five years ago I was really excited about the project and the plan to challenge Celtic and Rangers. But it feels like in last couple of years on the football side we've gone backwards. I don't understand it because the business side of things has been run so well.

3 minutes ago, Paolo said:

If several people are consistently performing poorly, and it is affecting the overall company performance, then the ultimate responsibility is with the MD or CE. 

In theory yes, but not in practice.   If several people are consistently performing poorly, lower management, trainers and HR would be asking why?

24 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

So is your view that because Budge invested to help save our club, she can do no wrong?

jack D and coke
49 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

If she goes, do we lose the 'mysterious benefactors?'

He should be pretty annoyed as well tbf. His unbelievably generous donations are being pished up a wall. We’re getting nothing from this extra money, we’re actually going backwards. 

Edited by jack D and coke

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

He should be pretty annoyed as well tbf. His unbelievably generous donations are being pished up a wall. We’re getting nothing from this extra money, we’re actually going backwards. 

Is there not more than one benefactor?   Perhaps this extra money is simply helping keep Hearts afloat.

30 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

But this one got us into the championship, and knocked out the cup by feckin Alloa.

Much much better😟

jack D and coke

Is there not more than one benefactor?   Perhaps this extra money is simply helping keep Hearts afloat.

I dont know mate is the answer. 

Thanks for all you’ve done Ann,please leave before you lack of knowledge hurts us more than it helps us.Takeke care and look forward to seeing you back at Tyne 👍

7 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

So is your view that because Budge invested to help save our club, she can do no wrong?

Not at all mistakes have been made on the football side

for to long but also some good business decisions which 

allow us to generate more cash from the non footballing side

19 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Overall it her responsibility. She is the captain of the ship regardless of what you say. Honestly it’s people like you that have got Hearts in the state they are in......total happy clapper. PATHETIC

The Hogfather

Whatever the issue at the club is, it's contagious. Our player turnaround is astronomical, we've had different managers and coaches in the door and it's the same shit all over again.

The decks need cleared. 

42 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Am angry cos I usually get a pizza on a Saturday night but our useless bunch of turds have put me right off getting one now. 😡😁

It just won't taste the same.🥵

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Hopefully when AB does go, they stick with us.

I’m sure he said he’s hanging around for a bit. 
I almost feel like someone needs to push a panic button here already. There’s worrying signs the same malaise is still in this squad and you have to start pointing the finger higher. It starts at the top. 
Away from home I don’t think I’ve ever watched worse football from a Hearts side. We look like a team that could probably still be playing and not have troubled their keeper. 

59 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

It's abundantly clear that she does. The board is made up primarily of her lifelong pals and until he finally left the building, Levein. Plus a couple FOH reps who seem happy to get a club blazer, but don't ever actually affect anything. 

Not to read too much into the god awful BBC doc, but it was clear from that there isn't any real drive in that room. All very cosy despite the fact we were looking into the abyss. 

Culture starts at the top as is incredibly evident in our situation. The big issue is that changing it is a huge task. It was clear when Stendel came in that he clocked it for an absolute shitshow from day one and tried to change it, even banishing the captain to Dundee and bumping senior players like Whelan. 

Tonight is on Robbie, you can't take a Hearts side to alloa and play like that. However, he's come into a team who have played like this regularly for 2 years. 

Hopefully she'll go and take the rest of the bowling club board with her. If FOH are going to take the reigns properly then there needs to be a real leader in there. My concern is that they seem to have a similar mentality to her and it will just be more of the same. 

Are FOH elections soon? Hopefully someone steps forward, calls the current regime out for what it is and puts in place a plan to turn this around. 

You're spot on, mate!

When I observed that same office environment - on the BBC documentary - it was at that precise moment I saw something for the first time (how could I (or we) have seen it before then?), and realised I'd seen exactly what the problem at the very heart of the club was. 

Secret Santa seems as though it's as important as business on the park.

Harsh, but it's starting to become clearer and clearer.

31 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Agreed

1 hour ago, The Fonz said:

It's abundantly clear that she does. The board is made up primarily of her lifelong pals and until he finally left the building, Levein. Plus a couple FOH reps who seem happy to get a club blazer, but don't ever actually affect anything. 

Not to read too much into the god awful BBC doc, but it was clear from that there isn't any real drive in that room. All very cosy despite the fact we were looking into the abyss. 

Culture starts at the top as is incredibly evident in our situation. The big issue is that changing it is a huge task. It was clear when Stendel came in that he clocked it for an absolute shitshow from day one and tried to change it, even banishing the captain to Dundee and bumping senior players like Whelan. 

Tonight is on Robbie, you can't take a Hearts side to alloa and play like that. However, he's come into a team who have played like this regularly for 2 years. 

Hopefully she'll go and take the rest of the bowling club board with her. If FOH are going to take the reigns properly then there needs to be a real leader in there. My concern is that they seem to have a similar mentality to her and it will just be more of the same. 

Are FOH elections soon? Hopefully someone steps forward, calls the current regime out for what it is and puts in place a plan to turn this around. 

Excellent post. Behind the scenes Ann has no faith in those running the FOH. 

19 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Not at all mistakes have been made on the football side

for to long but also some good business decisions which 

allow us to generate more cash from the non footballing side

We are a football club though, and fundamentally success at football is the most important thing. 

55 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Him and Robinson before him. But they were MEN. Footballing MEN.

I don't blame her for the performances. That lies with the players and the managers who signed them/train them but mainly the players. They should be ashamed. Outrun and outfought by guys who actually have to work for a living during the week. Where is their pride?

She has appointed the managers but, as I've said before her biggest mistake was giving a certain person far too much power and far too much time when blind dogs in the street could see we were in a downward spiral

7 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Excellent post. Behind the scenes Ann has no faith in those running the FOH. 

Yet, bizarrely they seem to have complete faith in her.

If/when the handover is completed it is almost certain that she'll still be in post. Nothings going to change with the same people on the board even if the dynamic is altered ever so slightly. 

Fans rightly complain about the impact of FOH on the running of the club (or more importantly, lack of). The counter to that is that you put in your money and you get a vote, so change it. However, it doesn't seem to be a proposition that the right candidate would be attracted to and such a person would be fighting a losing battle from day one. 

We'd be an interesting case study in a book about organisational culture if someone was to write it. An overwhelming sense of self satisfaction in spite of abysmal performance within the core business function. 

10 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

Yet, bizarrely they seem to have complete faith in her.

If/when the handover is completed it is almost certain that she'll still be in post. Nothings going to change with the same people on the board even if the dynamic is altered ever so slightly. 

Fans rightly complain about the impact of FOH on the running of the club (or more importantly, lack of). The counter to that is that you put in your money and you get a vote, so change it. However, it doesn't seem to be a proposition that the right candidate would be attracted to and such a person would be fighting a losing battle from day one. 

We'd be an interesting case study in a book about organisational culture if someone was to write it. An overwhelming sense of self satisfaction in spite of abysmal performance within the core business function. 

It’s an interesting conundrum for fan owned clubs when on field performances are below par. The evidence, so far, suggests thst clubs don’t stay fan owned for ever.  The next FoH elections might be interesting, one way or other. 

Unfortunately we are still seeing the inept leadership and management of club continue . I have been in the budge must hand over the club and go side for a few years , but that wasn’t down to her , that was down to the players .  We have still got an average squad and a hangover from CL recruitment over the last few years White , Walker , Lee , Wighton etc, and this years not been much better , Roberts , Frear, Halliday , feel free to add on .....

10 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

Spot on.

To be fair any Hearts fan should never be replying with you spout tosh that's how soft we have become

10 hours ago, David Black said:

Just like last AGM when the question was asked about being relegated , I'll ask this of Mrs Budge, do you have any contingency plans if we fail to gain promotion. Whilst it is a lot earlier in the season, it is also a shorter season and just like last season, the warning signs are there to see, at least those who want to see. It's not a tournament I bother about, but it is the style, the set up we are watching game after game. The fluke performance was v Dundee, the norm is every other game since. 

Describes everything to perfection

3 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Why should she remain in post following the conveniently delayed handover? The FOH office bearers should use their voting power to appoint a new chairperson and a DoF to run the football side. We already have a CEO to manage the business side. Budge can remain on the board if she chooses but not ‘in post’.

And there is the conundrum

What does the succession plan look like....assuming there is one?

Like Maggie Thatcher all those years ago it looks like "The lady is not for turning"

I don't see her taking her hand off the tiller any time soon.  

Cruickshankforscotland
3 hours ago, Anything2 said:

So do you think Robbie would try harder if we got a new CEO?

Possibly everyone would “try harder” if the tone set from the very top was more in line as football professionals expect. Right or wrong but professional sports people have to perform or they do not survive. You get the firm impression everything is very cosy at Tynecastle, and has been for some time. Do we need a Jeffries type in place - but one from 20 years ago?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, jambomjm74 said:

She’s failed, your childish chirping doesn’t change that. 

Exactly, Budge oot. 

Random human in.