• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Francis Albert

• NANOJAMBO

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

FOH will be into her ribs tonight :rofl:

Will probably see a spike in subs. Nothing to see here, all good. 

7 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

I don't get the impression that she gets particularly involved in the football side of things. Unless the assumption is that a CEO should be involved and is supposed to tear the manager a new one every time the team has a poor performance, I'm not sure what people expect her to be doing. 

The question is, though ... does she create the culture?

Culture is everything in a business.

8 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

Would need to remove half of our everyday training pitches, then!

Pitches that we train on at Oriam are all grass. 

Just now, MCW1976 said:

So do you think Robbie would try harder if we got a new CEO?

She brings money into the club and has done a lot of good. She’s made mistakes sure but 

the blame today lays firmly with the players. The players are a disgrace. They took all the plaudits at Hampden a month ago so they should take all the shit thrown at them now. 
Ann Budge wasn’t the imposter in maroon on the pitch today

Just now, MCW1976 said:

Quite possibly, yes!

In normal business that is very often true. In sport, if you can't motivate yourself to try and win then it's not for you. I think Robbie is trying very hard, he just isn't cut out for a club of our size (in my opinion). 

Just now, Anything2 said:

Is he the CEO now? Can't remember his name. So a new majority shareholder is what's required? 

Andrew MacKinlay - describes himself as a "diplomat"

Just what we need - not !!!

The Natural Order
11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

FOH will be into her ribs tonight :rofl:

They'll need to climb out her arse first.

Just now, merrymac said:

Very true.  Can he play up front and score goals regularly?  If not, let him do his job.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Jamstomorrow said:

If she goes, do we lose the 'mysterious benefactors?'

1 minute ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Past caring,preferred being skint and having players that gave a shit.🤣

18 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

I don't get the impression that she gets particularly involved in the football side of things. Unless the assumption is that a CEO should be involved and is supposed to tear the manager a new one every time the team has a poor performance, I'm not sure what people expect her to be doing. 

Except when it comes to appointing sh*t managers

15 minutes ago, Father Tiresias said:

Cathro, Levein and Neilson are the same person.

Stendal was a breath of fresh air but Budge lost her bottle.

100%

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

To an extent that is what the behind the scene guys need to be. I don't think that reflects on how the team plays. The only thing that Budge could have done is chosen a different manager, which I think she should have done as it happens but once that decision has been made she has very little impact on the field. If she did then me would all be saying that she should stop interfering. 

Just now, Jamstomorrow said:

None of us know this. All I know is that she is in charge of a hearts team that has been honking for years. She has employed honking managers who have got honking results and signed honking players. We have been beaten twice in a week off honking teams and my 72 year old mate just described this team as the most honking in his life.

As you may tell I think when it comes to the football element of the team she has been honking.

Buisness wise solid. 

3 minutes ago, Boab Mugabe said:

Will be doing nothing on the pitch so long as we’re ran like a coffee morning. The tone is set from the top.

Mugabe still living? Does he fancy a job?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
28 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Or a Hearts fan.

not a genuine one tho :lol:

all the genuine hearts fans love queen Ann and neilson - the rest are just huns without bus fares and hibs fans

read it on here plus queen Ann said so too 😃

Just now, MCW1976 said:

It's abundantly clear that she does. The board is made up primarily of her lifelong pals and until he finally left the building, Levein. Plus a couple FOH reps who seem happy to get a club blazer, but don't ever actually affect anything. 

Not to read too much into the god awful BBC doc, but it was clear from that there isn't any real drive in that room. All very cosy despite the fact we were looking into the abyss. 

Culture starts at the top as is incredibly evident in our situation. The big issue is that changing it is a huge task. It was clear when Stendel came in that he clocked it for an absolute shitshow from day one and tried to change it, even banishing the captain to Dundee and bumping senior players like Whelan. 

Tonight is on Robbie, you can't take a Hearts side to alloa and play like that. However, he's come into a team who have played like this regularly for 2 years. 

Hopefully she'll go and take the rest of the bowling club board with her. If FOH are going to take the reigns properly then there needs to be a real leader in there. My concern is that they seem to have a similar mentality to her and it will just be more of the same. 

Are FOH elections soon? Hopefully someone steps forward, calls the current regime out for what it is and puts in place a plan to turn this around. 

3 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Except when it comes to appointing sh*t managers

Well yes but unless you want her to sack Robbie or get a new owner who can sack Robbie and replace him with a better manager, what else should she do? 

1 minute ago, Anything2 said:

To an extent that is what the behind the scene guys need to be. I don't think that reflects on how the team plays. The only thing that Budge could have done is chosen a different manager, which I think she should have done as it happens but once that decision has been made she has very little impact on the field. If she did then me would all be saying that she should stop interfering. 

Still thinks it smacks of the chummy chummy cosy attitude we are inflicted with.

Another "nice guy", who I have nothing against, but its not what we need

When Hearts won their first 8 games, choosing Robbie seemed to have been the right decision.  Lose 2 and the knives are out.   

Well yes but unless you want her to sack Robbie or get a new owner who can sack Robbie and replace him with a better manager, what else should she do? 

Let's start by sacking Robbie........

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Still thinks it smacks of the chummy chummy cosy attitude we are inflicted with.

Another "nice guy", who I have nothing against, but its not what we need

Fair enough. 

2 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

It's abundantly clear that she does. The board is made up primarily of her lifelong pals and until he finally left the building, Levein. Plus a couple FOH reps who seem happy to get a club blazer, but don't ever actually affect anything. 

Not to read too much into the god awful BBC doc, but it was clear from that there isn't any real drive in that room. All very cosy despite the fact we were looking into the abyss. 

Culture starts at the top as is incredibly evident in our situation. The big issue is that changing it is a huge task. It was clear when Stendel came in that he clocked it for an absolute shitshow from day one and tried to change it, even banishing the captain to Dundee and bumping senior players like Whelan. 

Tonight is on Robbie, you can't take a Hearts side to alloa and play like that. However, he's come into a team who have played like this regularly for 2 years. 

Hopefully she'll go and take the rest of the bowling club board with her. If FOH are going to take the reigns properly then there needs to be a real leader in there. My concern is that they seem to have a similar mentality to her and it will just be more of the same. 

Are FOH elections soon? Hopefully someone steps forward, calls the current regime out for what it is and puts in place a plan to turn this around. 

Summed up perfectly- unfortunately😟

18Jambo_dave74

On the football side of things we’ve seen continued regression and failure for years now.

Continually made bad managerial appointments and then took far too long to remove them for their position. 

A complete soft touch as a football club. 

Edited by 18Jambo_dave74

3 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

None of us know this. All I know is that she is in charge of a hearts team that has been honking for years. She has employed honking managers who have got honking results and signed honking players. We have been beaten twice in a week off honking teams and my 72 year old mate just described this team as the most honking in his life.

As you may tell I think when it comes to the football element of the team she has been honking.

Buisness wise solid. 

She is not in charge of the Hearts team.  She is the Managing Director of the board of Heart of Midlothian Football Club.  Obviously different things.  The Hearts Board of Directors make the decisions business wise.  AB has a casting vote should it become necessary.

2 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

When Hearts won their first 8 games, choosing Robbie seemed to have been the right decision.  Lose 2 and the knives are out.   

Nope, sorry I disagree.....he was within a bawhair of losing to the lochenders.......Despite the results there was always an element of doubt surrounding his appointment. The chickens have come home to roost!

4 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Welcome to football. To be fair losing today’s game would be a black mark against any manger we had. 

I do agree that nothing changes until she goes. I wholeheartedly disagree with people holding up Stendel as some kind of pillar of hope who was changing things. He was as shit an appointment as the rest and his signings were utterly rank. It's the wrong man every single time. 

7 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

not a genuine one tho :lol:

all the genuine hearts fans love queen Ann and neilson - the rest are just huns without bus fares and hibs fans

read it on here plus queen Ann said so too 😃

:gok:

Not specifically Budge related, but is John Murray still employed at Hearts? 😂

If so, it highlights how big an issue we have in terms of standards and accountability at this club. 

To many mistakes now. Spent an absolute fortune doing it too. Nothing is done correctly and have to spend a fortune to rectify it. Always seems a botch job. From stadium, pitch and team. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, The Fonz said:

Not specifically Budge related, but is John Murray still employed at Hearts? 😂

If so, it highlights how big an issue we have in terms of standards and accountability at this club. 

Apparently so. Budge probably shit scared of having to make decisions there too

21 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

What about that huge pitch indoors?

What about it? Hearts don't own it and have to book it if we want to use it. Not even guaranteed too and rarely book it as we train outdoors.

17 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Correct, we've hired an ex-SFA blazer to smooth things over.

We should in fact be doing the absolute bare minimum to retain SFA and SPFL membership and them to go **** themselves at all other times. We are not the ones that should be doing the crawling and fawning.  Soft, Soft, Soft.