*** official Alloa v Heart of Midlothian v lc last 16 thread***

Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'll be honest. I had high hopes for the season, given what had happened to us over the summer. 

I assumed this would galvanise the team and that we would have a togetherness and a determination. 

That doesn't seem to be the case.

I've only seen the home games and the semi and I thought after Dundee and Hibs were beaten that we would kick on. 

I am not writing things off and losing my shit, however I totally understand the strong feelings on here, especially after yesterday's shocking result.

The management team have their work cut out and the players need to get their arses in gear sharpish.

Sadly I have my doubts that they have it in them, but we will see. 

This is pretty much where I’m at.

especially your second last paragraph! 
let’s hope they can learn and get their finger out!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• sadj

• NANOJAMBO

• Bazzas right boot

Holyrood_Hearts
38 minutes ago, franco2209 said:

Spot on !👍and teams like Motherwell have a fantastic record of plucking a gem or two from obscurity.

See with that though, you’d still get those who would right anyone off immediately (even before a ball is kicked) either because a) they hadn’t heard of the player or b) hadn’t heard of the player’s club

Horatio Caine

Do we still have the same wage structure in place?  If so, there's a reason right away for the lack of intensity in our play.

Ex member of the SaS

We are not the weegie bigots and have no perceived right to win every game. I can take losing even to a " lesser" team. What I cannot and will not ever condone, is lack of effort or skill. These players are meant to be top professionals, they are meant to be at peak fitness and posses skills far greater than your average part time pub team.

When players of this caliber have a dozen or more shots with no positive result ,it is beyond even the lowest expectation.

The training is soft with no emphasis on skill and beating an opposition player.

When we played under Stendel we have players busting a gut to get into the opposition box, we had defense and mid field players pushing forward. where is the skill in tippy tappy passing round the backs before humping it forward with no one there to do anything with it?  

I like Robbie and watched in wonder at the attacking  play last time we were down here. Where is that passion and skill? Arguably we have better players than last time so why are they not performing? Is it down to selection, tactics or poor coaching? There has to be a serious look at the whole system and identify where it's going wrong.

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

Do we still have the same wage structure in place?  If so, there's a reason right away for the lack of intensity in our play.

Don't think so as Ann saw that it was wrong, However there should be lower wages and bigger win bonuses. If it's lack of incentive that is holding these players back then they need to be moved on.

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, Hectormasson said:

Its getting to feel that way, let's hope that there's a few decent signings come the Jan window  this side needs some quality and a few players that will give everything and more    too many aren't even going through the motions at the moment, and I feel we signed some pretty poor players...... a lot of hard work needs to be done, and a cup final ahead as well?    L

I fully expect these players to step up in the final, however if they do then it's clear they have no interest in the club and only in self glory.

Was thinking of putting money I normally spend in the pub to hearts but last night has made my mind up to not bother. 

If the players can't be bothered then why should i

2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

We are not the weegie bigots and have no perceived right to win every game. I can take losing even to a " lesser" team. What I cannot and will not ever condone, is lack of effort or skill. These players are meant to be top professionals, they are meant to be at peak fitness and posses skills far greater than your average part time pub team.

When players of this caliber have a dozen or more shots with no positive result ,it is beyond even the lowest expectation.

The training is soft with no emphasis on skill and beating an opposition player.

When we played under Stendel we have players busting a gut to get into the opposition box, we had defense and mid field players pushing forward. where is the skill in tippy tappy passing round the backs before humping it forward with no one there to do anything with it?  

I like Robbie and watched in wonder at the attacking  play last time we were down here. Where is that passion and skill? Arguably we have better players than last time so why are they not performing? Is it down to selection, tactics or poor coaching? There has to be a serious look at the whole system and identify where it's going wrong.

Lack of focus and intensity , why is the question , is it the players , the coaching staff or something else.

The odd occassion there is movement and we lift our heads we slice teams open. Problem is we are doing it very little just now , we could have had 2 early doors yesterday from it both made by Boyce. We didnt and then we just went through the motions. No movement , no creativity , no forward passing. Im also not sure Robbie is 💯 on his best 11 and set up. Hopefully it will all come good and we will click.

The sad thing is all the shit over the summer has been wasted now in terms of using it to motivate and drive us forward. I know my mentality would be stick up everyone every single game. That is not the case in these players. 

Im not a Lee fan as i make clear but yesterday he had a wee flash of skill in the second half flicking it over his head to set up a crossing chance. He does that , he picks out 40 yard passes once/twice a game. The rest of the time he is not doing the basics. That can be used across the whole team bar i’d say Smith , Haring , Boyce and Gordon. (I know Boyce should be scoring and thats the basics of a striker but hes coming to deep to link up as he has no choice and then not being able to get on the end of things )

There were three crucial moments in yesterday's game.

1. Olly Lee failing to score when one on one with the goalie.

2. Boyce failing to follow up and score with the rebound.

3. Walker giving away a penalty.

Lee, Boyce and Walker. Three of our most vaunted senior players that were supposed to give us the edge in this league.

Seymour M Hersh
6 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Sure was. It's shown in all the results pages today.

Funny guy, don't give up the day job though the gutters need cleaning. 

3 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I fully expect these players to step up in the final, however if they do then it's clear they have no interest in the club and only in self glory.

They should step up every game !!

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

There were three crucial moments in yesterday's game.

1. Olly Lee failing to score when one on one with the goalie.

2. Boyce failing to follow up and score with the rebound.

3. Walker giving away a penalty.

Lee, Boyce and Walker. Three of our most vaunted senior players that were supposed to give us the edge in this league.

Someone else should have scored with only the keeper to beat in the second half, in a similarfashion to Ler in the first half. May have been Wighton?

20 hours ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Don't care what excuses are given. Just not acceptable. There are no players in the Alloa team that get treated as well as the Hearts team, whether that's training facilities, medical care or pay. Not one of them would even get onto our bench but they are still good enough to turn round a 3-0 loss during the week to get a win today. Lour players complain and moan about pressure, plastic pitches and the opposition trying harder against us. If you can't handle it at a big club then piss off. 

Nailed it!

38 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

looks like Celtic are about to get emptied, someone just got an easier shot at winning this.

Which makes yesterday's result even harder to take. The green tramps papped oot, sheep pumped too - and we know we can beat Rangers. 

1 minute ago, JDK2020 said:

Which makes yesterday's result even harder to take. The green tramps papped oot, sheep pumped too - and we know we can beat Rangers. 

Should be enjoying seeing Lenny squirm but can't shake how I feel about our own situation. We don't get many shots at glory, how did we contrive to mess that up. Need to stop the free lunches and massages and get some hard work put in just like I have to do to pay my FOH subs...

18Jambo_dave74

Should be sitting here ******* myself at the Celtic result but it’s just made me more angry about yesterday. Should have been in the QF’s with Celtic and Aberdeen both out.

For a ‘big club’ our record in the league cup is ******* pathetic.

Beat by Alloa, Peterhead, Airdrie, Motherwell in a semi final, St Mirren in a semi and a final, 9 man Inverness, St Johnstone in a semi. Garbage. 

5 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

Should be enjoying seeing Lenny squirm but can't shake how I feel about our own situation. We don't get many shots at glory, how did we contrive to mess that up. Need to stop the free lunches and massages and get some hard work put in just like I have to do to pay my FOH subs...

I'm loving every second of his discomfort, and his whole club's pain.

Their fans are greetin like bairns despite having a free run for years.

Please stay till the cup final.

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

Someone else should have scored with only the keeper to beat in the second half, in a similarfashion to Ler in the first half. May have been Wighton?

Walker was it not

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Lack of focus and intensity , why is the question , is it the players , the coaching staff or something else.

The odd occassion there is movement and we lift our heads we slice teams open. Problem is we are doing it very little just now , we could have had 2 early doors yesterday from it both made by Boyce. We didnt and then we just went through the motions. No movement , no creativity , no forward passing. Im also not sure Robbie is 💯 on his best 11 and set up. Hopefully it will all come good and we will click.

The sad thing is all the shit over the summer has been wasted now in terms of using it to motivate and drive us forward. I know my mentality would be stick up everyone every single game. That is not the case in these players. 

Im not a Lee fan as i make clear but yesterday he had a wee flash of skill in the second half flicking it over his head to set up a crossing chance. He does that , he picks out 40 yard passes once/twice a game. The rest of the time he is not doing the basics. That can be used across the whole team bar i’d say Smith , Haring , Boyce and Gordon. (I know Boyce should be scoring and thats the basics of a striker but hes coming to deep to link up as he has no choice and then not being able to get on the end of things )

Good post and agree, including your comments about Lee.     What I feel is a major issue is players not taking responsibility on the ball and not taking risks in the forward areas.   No one seems prepared to run at the defence or to play incisive forward passes and 1 2's.     This means we just put our foot on the ball,   the game slows down and we then pass it sideways or back.    It's just so frustrating.   We were just so easy to defend against as a result.    Very disappointed in Robbie's comments after the game which showed he is either is looking at the game through rose coloured spectacles (which doesn't lead to improvement) or he's putting a positive spin on it (which doesn't led to improvement).      Learnt a lot about the team yesterday and non of it good. 

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

Might have been i had the commentary on mute and there were no action replays.

Thats because there was no action in the game to replay 😉

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Funny guy, don't give up the day job though the gutters need cleaning. 

But seriously. What's the point  of complaining the day after? I was actually referring to a ref from many years ago. A player complained to the referee; "that was never a penalty ref", "actually  Bobby, if you read the papers tomorrow, I think that you'll find that it was".

6 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So was it a penalty? 

I thought it was a stonewaller. Mind you I’ve only seen it once. live at the time. I’ve not seen a lot of protest on here about it and none of the players seemed to protest so my takeaway from that is that it was a penalty.

10 hours ago, jambonian said:

I'm sick of wasting all that money on dreadful footballers.The rot started to set in when Neilson signed Connor Sammon before he buggered off to the first English club that flashed their knickers at him. Cathro signed some dross and Levein continued. Since around 2016 i have watched some good players play against us that we haven't went for that other clubs have. Most of those players have made contributions to the team they went to while we look around Poundland for some Cole Stocktons and Jake Mulraneys. Our scouting is a disgrace. I dread to think of how much cash we've thrown away these last few years when it would've been worth handing some of it over to other clubs to sign some potential quality. We wouldn't be worse off financially when you consider the wastage. I mean...Templeton ripped us apart a few times, Levein obviously didn't take notice so signed Mulraney instead. That's just one example of dozens. A few players have had impressive performances against Hearts yet we don't go for them. At Hamilton at the time i liked Templeton and Docherty who ends up wasting his career at Rangers 2012, at Killie i liked O'Donnell, Jones, Power, Brophy and Greg Taylor for our problem left-back area. At Dundee at the time i liked Kamara who ended up at Ibrox and there were a few more around. Why didn't Hearts go for McGinn who was a stand-out in a very poor St Mirren team? That backfired! Either we completely ignore these players altogether or we just don't have any scouts in place. Something is far wrong and this season has proved that we still sign shite. What's wrong with giving younger players a go in a piss-poor Championship? The academy has pretty much become a millstone round our neck.

Great post !!   Agree with every example player there.  Add Nisbet, maybe even Shankland - although they're  forwards who run, play the ball on the deck and score goals, and apparently we don't do  forwards who run, play the ball on the deck and score goals.  :vangry:

I can't even find the enthusiasm to enjoy Celtic's latest demise. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

But seriously. What's the point  of complaining the day after? I was actually referring to a ref from many years ago. A player complained to the referee; "that was never a penalty ref", "actually  Bobby, if you read the papers tomorrow, I think that you'll find that it was".

I didn't watch the game I was hoping some folk who did might give me their views. Instead I get a smart arse replying. Oh and the little story is from cricket not football. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

On 28/11/2020 at 20:38, Scottie Wanshot. said:

will have to wait for the transfer window, and get rid of the ones that will never make it with Hearts, quite a few.  But at the end of the day, the league is the number one target.

👍

King Of The Cat Cafe

Reading newspaper reports of the match made me realise how poor the camera work was from Alloa - I think I missed a few of our chances while watching live.

5 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Reading newspaper reports of the match made me realise how poor the camera work was from Alloa - I think I missed a few of our chances while watching live.

Given these are unmanned AI cameras, you'd think they could at least stick them up some poles for a better view.

Jambo in Yorkshire

As I said on another thread the draw would have had us at Livingston.

They allocated the numbers by ranking, Rangers then the teams that won the groups using goal difference.

We would have been 5 replacing Ross County therefore would have played Livi.

Rangers, Livi, Hibs, Dunfermline, Hearts, Ross,      St J, St M

Of no interest really but we wouldn’t have played Hibs.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

They allocated the numbers by ranking, Rangers then the teams that won the groups using goal difference.

It is it makes it slightly less annoying 👍🏽

10 hours ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

👍

Even still,  would've been a great chance for Hearts to get through, but hey ho!....

we move on....