*** official Alloa v Heart of Midlothian v lc last 16 thread***

Bazzas right boot

43 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Didn't see the game but I'm not surprised. This result and the Dunfermline result have been coming and it looks like that's going to be the story of our season. 

Some narrow wins, losses and draws against opposition that we should be tucking away by half time. 

We have to hope the likes of Dunfermline don't keep up their winning streak or we will be looking to the play offs to have a chance at promotion.  Losing to Dunfermline and then Alloa the two clubs who stitched us up is unforgivable imo. 

They will be laughing at us, do the players and management not have any pride. 

I agree and this mentality should be drilled into the players heads. Pride in our club should prevent performances like we witnessed today. There is a gulf between players and fans attitudes.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• sadj

• NANOJAMBO

• Bazzas right boot

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Think that’s me done on here till next match day. But I’ll leave my parting thoughts.

1. Can folk please stop fawning over Stendel. He was just another clown in our 5 year long circus. 

2. Levein. We just got papped out the cup by Alloa and his name is still getting flung about. He’s gone, finished and never to be seen again. He doesn’t get any credit when times are good so he can’t still get shit flung at him when it’s bad. Get over him.

3. That was absolutely pish. 

So our Director of Football for 5 years until less than a year ago  has no responsibility for the current state of the "football department"? We are living with the Levein legacy.

And will live with the Budge legacy as far as the football department is concerned for a few more years. 

16 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

We seem to have been waiting for the next transfer window for about 4 years. Waiting in vain!

Yes. It is like Groundhog Day.  

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

So our Director of Football for 5 years until less than a year ago  has no responsibility for the current state of the "football department"? We are living with the Levein legacy.

And will live with the Budge legacy as far as the football department is concerned for a few more years. 

We are, and even when we sacked him, he was still here.  When he finally did leave, Budge still said she would consider going to him for advice.  

Regardless, he may be gone, but his legacy hasn’t. 

3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

That result is on a par with the time we lost to Forfar.

An utter embarrassment. 

Interesting to hear what is trotted out by the manager. 

I'm not one to get in a flap, but this seems to have been last season, and a few before that, revisited.

They are fortunate that fans aren't allowed into the stadium....

We’ve lost to the Peterhead fishermen and the Maltese fishermen in recent years and now the Clackmannanshire part timers, and RN has been present at two of them. Absolutely embarrassed by this shower of underachievers and lazy bar stewards.  Haven’t felt this anger since 5-0  livi away. Has our club lost its pride or is it more deep rooted than we are lead to believe? 

10 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Has our club lost its pride or is it more deep rooted than we are lead to believe? 

Difficult to argue with that. How many play for the jersey, if any?

47 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Dunfermline are average cloggers 

Really ?    What does that make us then ?

1 hour ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

I trust Boyce is now dropped from the first team 

Tragic that it has come to this! Our failure is certainly not just down to one man but Boyce’s poor form has had a big impact. 🙁

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

I was a big supporter of Robbie. But his post match comments were disgraceful. The blame for this disgusting defeat lies firmly with Robbie, his coaches and the players. It must be made clear to them all that this is utterly unacceptable. The sooner FOH takes over the club the better.

Agree about Robbie's comment.  "We battered them"  he said.    Stats say we had 16 shots at goal (good) ....... but only 4 on target (awful).  Doesn't matter how much possession we had, only 4 shots on target in 120 minutes is NOT battering anyone, Robbie.

Regarding FoH, it needs leaders with ambition to use our resources more efficiently, and  recruitment skills to identify football people who will teach our players to have a more adventurous approach to the game at all levels.  Otherwise very little will change.

4 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Difficult to argue with that. How many play for the jersey, if any?

None whatsoever. None of these underachieving, lazy fukkkers couldn’t give a feck for our beloved club, or actually give two fux for us as supporters or the very foundation that saved our club. We haemorrhage money every week on salaries for absolute shite players and for no return whatsoever. Not one of them know what it feels like to be on this side of the fence following HMFC. Naismith, Berra and the rest of our below average journeymen should hang their heads in shame. This is unacceptable for a club of our stature. Our squad is a shambles and our manager and his appointed coaches are utterly clueless. I’m not saying stendel was the answer but fukkk me...Alloa and Dunfermline in successive weeks ffs???  To even make excuses for this shower of shite is totally misjudging the support. Do you really think we are so gullible to believe your hollow words Robbie? Get this shower sorted or get them 2 fukkk. 

I’ve been very fortunate these past few weeks to be in and around food banks and be able to see what great work happens behind the scenes with local volunteers. Ordinary people giving up their own time to help the local community.  Our players have no pride or no clue about what it means to wear our jersey. If I was CEO, I would forfeit their salaries in order to give it to charity.  They don’t deserve one brown penny for their half hearted efforts today. 

35 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

None whatsoever. None of these underachieving, lazy fukkkers couldn’t give a feck for our beloved club, or actually give two fux for us as supporters or the very foundation that saved our club. We haemorrhage money every week on salaries for absolute shite players and for no return whatsoever. Not one of them know what it feels like to be on this side of the fence following HMFC. Naismith, Berra and the rest of our below average journeymen should hang their heads in shame. This is unacceptable for a club of our stature. Our squad is a shambles and our manager and his appointed coaches are utterly clueless. I’m not saying stendel was the answer but fukkk me...Alloa and Dunfermline in successive weeks ffs???  To even make excuses for this shower of shite is totally misjudging the support. Do you really think we are so gullible to believe your hollow words Robbie? Get this shower sorted or get them 2 fukkk. 

I’ve been very fortunate these past few weeks to be in and around food banks and be able to see what great work happens behind the scenes with local volunteers. Ordinary people giving up their own time to help the local community.  Our players have no pride or no clue about what it means to wear our jersey. If I was CEO, I would forfeit their salaries in order to give it to charity.  They don’t deserve one brown penny for their half hearted efforts today. 

Well said, echos what most of us think. There is an apathy about our club, an acceptance of defeat which none of us can understand. This stems from the very top, a Fish rots from the Head downwards. We need a Chairman who puts Football first, and bins the nicities. They can follow success, but are not a priority. Any successful business has strong Leadership. It should not be a surprise to us that the team mirrors Budge and Neilson......

3 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Well said, echos what most of us think. There is an apathy about our club, an acceptance of defeat which none of us can understand. This stems from the very top, a Fish rots from the Head downwards. We need a Chairman who puts Football first, and bins the nicities. They can follow success, but are not a priority. Any successful business has strong Leadership. It should not be a surprise to us that the team mirrors Budge and Neilson......

Fully agree 

38 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Get them training among the dug shite and broken glass on a variety of public pitches around Edinburgh this week, please. Giving them the Oriam is like punishing yer kids by sending them to a 5-star hotel.

We had a good team then but I remember in the 90s JJ getting Hearts out on the smallest Astro pitch at Saughton pitches on a Sunday after a loss.

I’d got off the bus early Sunday morning at Stenhouse and heard the shouting and maroon training tops through the trees. I took a walk over to see a scowling JJ work the arse off the team. 

This lot will have the day off.

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Hard to argue with you man. These players seem to have no concept of the club they are playing for. Hearts fans, having kept our club alive, expect maximum effort and commitment as a minimum. We don’t expect to have superstars in our team, but we expect the commitment that playing for Hearts demands.

We have forgiven a shortage of talent many times in the past. We will never forgive talent with a lack of application.

5 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

The warning signs have been there, most recently during the week against this same mob. Yet there were folk on that match thread having a go at others for pointing out any negatives during the second half because "we're 3 nil up ffs". 

Something rotten at Hearts and has been for a few years now. 

100%

SectionDJambo
12 minutes ago, Sertse said:

100%

Yes.

We should be very concerned that we couldn’t score against Alloa Athletic in just over 165 minutes of football.

It feels like the early 80s again.

I’ve only seen the penalty as it happened with no replay before my dodgy stream froze again.

I have to say it looked a stonewaller to

me. Is there now some dubiety about it because none of the players nearby seemed to complain about it ?

That aside, to be moaning about going out to a dodgy penalty (if it was indeed dodgy) and a battering which quite simply didn’t happen better have just been for media consumption.

Tell me something. Did Alloa come off the park today thinking “Jesus what a battering, how have we got away with winning that’ or thinking ‘Jesus, they didn’t have much did they, we were never really under sustained pressure’

Something has to change and very quickly here or we could well struggle to go back up. Don’t even mention the fecking cup final until some words have got through to the target either.

Edited by JimmyCant

54 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

Biggest issue today was that this wasn’t a surprise in anyway and plenty people are happy to accept this dross 

The only person who’s comments suggest they are happy to accept this dross is (unfortunately) Robbie Neilson who seems to think we battered the opposition and lost to a dodgy refereeing decision. 

ive not read a single post tonight which excused it or justified it in any way. 

Even Robbie’s Right Boot thinks it was a horror show

Edited by JimmyCant

48 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

Biggest issue today was that this wasn’t a surprise in anyway and plenty people are happy to accept this dross 

It certainly didn't surprise me at all. 

It's been coming alright. 

Number of games we have scraped through says it all. 

Inverness twice. Cowdenbeath, East Fife. 

Out of all the games this season we have looked decent are hibs and Dundee. 

The rest we have been woeful tbh. 

3 hours ago, jonesy said:

Get them training among the dug shite and broken glass on a variety of public pitches around Edinburgh this week, please. Giving them the Oriam is like punishing yer kids by sending them to a 5-star hotel.

Ps managers that think they are on a Paris cat walk in a dug out ...

3 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Agree about Robbie's comment.  "We battered them"  he said.    Stats say we had 16 shots at goal (good) ....... but only 4 on target (awful).  Doesn't matter how much possession we had, only 4 shots on target in 120 minutes is NOT battering anyone, Robbie.

Regarding FoH, it needs leaders with ambition to use our resources more efficiently, and  recruitment skills to identify football people who will teach our players to have a more adventurous approach to the game at all levels.  Otherwise very little will change.

I don't think FoH have any say in that regard but they are entitled to question the person on the board who IS handling the recruitment of coaches & players (the director who oversees the "football department" ? , assuming we have one) - they should be doing it right now at the next board meeting and telling that person to sort this shit show out because he/she is STILL clearly under performing. But since we were never told anything about the outcome of the review of the "football dept"  the club remains as opaque as ever. Is JJ doing recruitment ? Anyone ? Did the club actually even confirm the "review" had ever been completed ? 

J.T.F.Robertson
3 hours ago, Forza Cuore said:

Embarrassing. 

This lot need emptied. 

If only it were that simple. We're stuck with this pile of no-gooders, I'm petrified to say.

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

The only person who’s comments suggest they are happy to accept this dross is (unfortunately) Robbie Neilson who seems to think we battered the opposition and lost to a dodgy refereeing decision. 

ive not read a single post tonight which excused it or justified it in any way. 

Even Robbie’s Right Boot thinks it was a horror show

Correct, not one single post.

The players need telt. They seem to think they're a law unto themselves. 

I thought this guy Jig was some sort of ticket. Well get them fecking telt or just like last season we'll sleepwalk into trouble and then it'll be too fecking late. 

Right Robbie, get it sorted son. I believe you won't allow this to continue. Prove me right. 

And Steven Naismith, what is it you are actually doing, other than feck all. We need you to put your head in where it hurts, because this shite hurts for all of us. But unfortunately, unlike you, we can't do much about it, so either do it or leave, so we can bring in someone who can. 

Robbie! Stop protecting them. If you have to use the hand of Rob and give them a good doing. By all means, be my guest. 

Anyway Apologies, I'm fecking raging and embarrassed. I don't usually do entitlement, But I should be thinking Hearts should steamroller over Alloa. Fecking Alloa. 

Feck sake Hearts! Fecking Alloa!!! 

giphy.gif

I've a good slaggin coming at work today, thanks lads, you let us down badly and I want blood, Atm. Pathetic! Fecking truly pathetic. 

Edited by ri Alban

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

The players need telt. They seem to think they're a law unto themselves. 

I thought this guy Jig was some sort of ticket. Well get them fecking telt or just like last season we'll sleepwalk into trouble and then it'll be too fecking late. 

Right Robbie, get it sorted son. I believe you won't allow this to continue. Prove me right. 

And Steven Naismith, what is it you are actually doing, other than feck all. We need you to put your head in where it hurts, because this shite hurts for all of us. But unfortunately, unlike you, we can't do much about it, so either do it or leave, so we can bring in someone who can. 

Robbie! Stop protecting them. If you have to use the hand of Rob and give them a good doing. By all means, be my guest. 

Anyway Apologies, I'm fecking raging and embarrassed. I don't usually do entitlement, But I should be thinking Hearts should steamroller over Alloa. Fecking Alloa. 

Feck sake Hearts! Fecking Alloa!!! 

giphy.gif

I've a good slaggin coming at work today, thanks lads, you let us down badly and I want blood, Atm. Pathetic! Fecking truly pathetic. 

Another door bites the dust 🙁

Jambof3tornado
6 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

If only it were that simple. We're stuck with this pile of no-gooders, I'm petrified to say.

A constant issue over the last 6 seasons, being stuck with lots of deadwood.

5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Enough of this shite, when is our next backpacking trip to Rwanda?

How are the women doing?

I hoped I would have calmed down by this morning. I haven't.

I'd also hoped I would be able to offer some reasoned insight, I can't.

There's something rotten at our club, I have never seen such a bunch of uninterested primadonna players. Their all just sooo precious.

This kind of attitude must stem from the boardroom down to the management then the players. How else can the same behaviour be exhibited for years when the players change as does the management. The players themselves have no professional pride in their work that much is obvious. There's not one of them that could give a flying feck about the club, again I think that is obvious.

Sacking the board, the management and the players would be the obvious solution, but not practical. Deserved but not practical.

I'm just sick of this, week in week out the same gutless, spineless performances from the same individuals. The same platitudes from Neilson in the aftermath that we've heard for the last 4 years from various managers.

They just don't get it do they.

The Real Maroonblood
14 hours ago, weehammy said:

There was a time - after seeing Hearts twice choke away championships on the final day, ship 7 and later 6 against Hibs, lose a cup semi 2-1 when leading with a minute to go - that I thought I’d seen Hearts find every possible way to lose.

But then losing against nine man Inverness a few years cured me of that belief.

And here I am after 60+ years of watching them, discovering that they still find ways to lose that I hadn’t imagined.

Sad but true.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Deid Heid said:

I hoped I would have calmed down by this morning. I haven't.

I'd also hoped I would be able to offer some reasoned insight, I can't.

There's something rotten at our club, I have never seen such a bunch of uninterested primadonna players. Their all just sooo precious.

This kind of attitude must stem from the boardroom down to the management then the players. How else can the same behaviour be exhibited for years when the players change as does the management. The players themselves have no professional pride in their work that much is obvious. There's not one of them that could give a flying feck about the club, again I think that is obvious.

Sacking the board, the management and the players would be the obvious solution, but not practical. Deserved but not practical.

I'm just sick of this, week in week out the same gutless, spineless performances from the same individuals. The same platitudes from Neilson in the aftermath that we've heard for the last 4 years from various managers.

They just don't get it do they.

Of course it stems from the boardroom. We’ve got an owner who thinks the other Edinburgh team doing well is a good thing and wasn’t overly bothered about being eighth or ninth in the league. She needs to go run a village side who turn up pissed every Sunday (although our team and manager act like they’re hungover half the time so maybe she’s in the right place after all).

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Sad but true.

The thing is, every club has shockers from time to time. Even the best of them. But our trajectory is a joke and there are plenty on here who lap it up

2 minutes ago, Deid Heid said:

There's something rotten at our club, 

This is what it boils down to. Something is wrong within the fabric of the club. 

I sometimes wonder if we are too arrogant. We have this fan base of mugs throwing money in, nice contracts etc so why should we bust a gut against the likes of Alloa? Do we realise that victories have to be earned through hard graft or is that a bit too ‘dirty’ for us, perhaps doesn’t translate too well into convenient stats?

Who knows, but it needs someone with the reputation to divert the course of this ship and I don’t think Robbie is that man. 

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The thing is, every club has shockers from time to time. Even the best of them. But our trajectory is a joke and there are plenty on here who lap it up

Trajectory. 

Great wins v hibs and rangers in the last few months but the overall trajectory is sliding downhill fast. We are drifting to another season in the championship just like we drifted to bottom place and expulsion. 

I'm sick of wasting all that money on dreadful footballers.The rot started to set in when Neilson signed Connor Sammon before he buggered off to the first English club that flashed their knickers at him. Cathro signed some dross and Levein continued. Since around 2016 i have watched some good players play against us that we haven't went for that other clubs have. Most of those players have made contributions to the team they went to while we look around Poundland for some Cole Stocktons and Jake Mulraneys. Our scouting is a disgrace. I dread to think of how much cash we've thrown away these last few years when it would've been worth handing some of it over to other clubs to sign some potential quality. We wouldn't be worse off financially when you consider the wastage. I mean...Templeton ripped us apart a few times, Levein obviously didn't take notice so signed Mulraney instead. That's just one example of dozens. A few players have had impressive performances against Hearts yet we don't go for them. At Hamilton at the time i liked Templeton and Docherty who ends up wasting his career at Rangers 2012, at Killie i liked O'Donnell, Jones, Power, Brophy and Greg Taylor for our problem left-back area. At Dundee at the time i liked Kamara who ended up at Ibrox and there were a few more around. Why didn't Hearts go for McGinn who was a stand-out in a very poor St Mirren team? That backfired! Either we completely ignore these players altogether or we just don't have any scouts in place. Something is far wrong and this season has proved that we still sign shite. What's wrong with giving younger players a go in a piss-poor Championship? The academy has pretty much become a millstone round our neck.

SectionDJambo
50 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

"Hearts are still Rubbish, it's official". Martin Guisler, Hearts supporter, on Good Morning Scotland just now.

Maybe the embarrassment of having a public opinion of our current team, broadcast by a Hearts fan, will register within the minds of all concerned at Tynecastle. 
On the other hand, maybe not. Few of them seem to care. We’ve moved on some of those who got us into this mess by their gutless performances last season, and replaced them with players who seem to be of the same spineless character.

As others have said, there is something rotten about our club, for this lack of a will to win to prevail for so long.

The Real Maroonblood
34 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Exactly.

There’s one particular poster still can’t get over Levein leaving.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

24 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I'm sick of wasting all that money on dreadful footballers.The rot started to set in when Neilson signed Connor Sammon before he buggered off to the first English club that flashed their knickers at him. Cathro signed some dross and Levein continued. Since around 2016 i have watched some good players play against us that we haven't went for that other clubs have. Most of those players have made contributions to the team they went to while we look around Poundland for some Cole Stocktons and Jake Mulraneys. Our scouting is a disgrace. I dread to think of how much cash we've thrown away these last few years when it would've been worth handing some of it over to other clubs to sign some potential quality. We wouldn't be worse off financially when you consider the wastage. I mean...Templeton ripped us apart a few times, Levein obviously didn't take notice so signed Mulraney instead. That's just one example of dozens. A few players have had impressive performances against Hearts yet we don't go for them. At Hamilton at the time i liked Templeton and Docherty who ends up wasting his career at Rangers 2012, at Killie i liked O'Donnell, Jones, Power, Brophy and Greg Taylor for our problem left-back area. At Dundee at the time i liked Kamara who ended up at Ibrox and there were a few more around. Why didn't Hearts go for McGinn who was a stand-out in a very poor St Mirren team? That backfired! Either we completely ignore these players altogether or we just don't have any scouts in place. Something is far wrong and this season has proved that we still sign shite. What's wrong with giving younger players a go in a piss-poor Championship? The academy has pretty much become a millstone round our neck.

Spot on !👍and teams like Motherwell have a fantastic record of plucking a gem or two from obscurity.

9 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

It's no coincidence that both Hibs and Dundee played an open game whereas all others we will/have encountered keep it tight and we've no idea how to play them. It was the same last year, adding Rangers and Aberdeen to the open play games, whilst we were sh?te against the rest.

We need a management team that can drill into us how to play these teams.  Certainly our current strolling approach with no speed or energy is not the way.

15 hours ago, weehammy said:

There was a time - after seeing Hearts twice choke away championships on the final day, ship 7 and later 6 against Hibs, lose a cup semi 2-1 when leading with a minute to go - that I thought I’d seen Hearts find every possible way to lose.

But then losing against nine man Inverness a few years cured me of that belief.

And here I am after 60+ years of watching them, discovering that they still find ways to lose that I hadn’t imagined.

The best post!  We certainly make a habit of it.

29 minutes ago, franco2209 said:

Spot on !👍and teams like Motherwell have a fantastic record of plucking a gem or two from obscurity.

Yes, agree entirely.  But in regards to the academy, what is the point of it if we don't give our promising youngsters a chance?

10 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Yes.

We should be very concerned that we couldn’t score against Alloa Athletic in just over 165 minutes of football.

It feels like the early 80s again.

Its getting to feel that way, let's hope that there's a few decent signings come the Jan window  this side needs some quality and a few players that will give everything and more    too many aren't even going through the motions at the moment, and I feel we signed some pretty poor players...... a lot of hard work needs to be done, and a cup final ahead as well?    L

Holyrood_Hearts
9 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

& we were no better than decent than both of them.