*** official Alloa v Heart of Midlothian v lc last 16 thread***

Bazzas right boot

Just so everyone knows the stream will be absolutely shite. Dunfermline supporting mate streamed their game at Alloa a few weeks ago, said it was so bad he turned it off after half an hour. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• sadj

• NANOJAMBO

• Bazzas right boot

Today’s 10,000+ steps will be taken to the sound of Laurie’s commentary, as will next Saturday. Hopefully a nice afternoon for a walk and a good result...

Edited by Shaggy2

A_A wehatethehibs

Think we will see a lot of changes for this one. Difficult to guess who, but you would think Irving will definitely be starting, deserves to be given his opportunity to put his hand up and show the new manager the proof that he is better than the experienced midfielders who are starting ahead of him. 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, RobNox said:

I agree, it's each to their own I guess.  But I forked out for ppv for the East Fife game and it was pretty shocking.  Every few minutes my link cut out and I had to refresh to get back on stream, only for it to cut out again after a few minutes.  I only subscribed to the East Fife ppv because they are on the 'good guys' list, but I think I'll give ppv a swerve from now on, regardless of the opponent.

I done the same, my link was fine tho. 

I won't be giving the clubs on the naughty list any money, but for cup games at least we get half. 

8 hours ago, RobNox said:

I have to give a huge shout out to the people at FOH.  I went onto the site about 10 minutes ago to make a one-off donation of £30, and didn't notice that when you key in your donation, there is another box that shows the .00 amount of the donation, so you only need to key in the whole pounds.  I keyed in £30.00 and was horrified to receive a confirmation for my donation of £3,000!!!

I panicked like hell, but contacted the email address on the FOH page and within a few minutes I received a response to say they had cancelled the payment.  Stuart and Barry who dealt with this after 11pm on a Friday night, you guys are heroes!  I can go to bed tonight and sleep comfortably instead of fretting about getting hit with overdraft charges from my bank while awaiting a refund.

😂

A PHM would have paid up though. 

44 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Think we will see a lot of changes for this one. Difficult to guess who, but you would think Irving will definitely be starting, deserves to be given his opportunity to put his hand up and show the new manager the proof that he is better than the experienced midfielders who are starting ahead of him. 

Agree don’t think smithy or haring will start. McGill may get a start think he played at east fife on Astro? But it’s a cup tie and needs to be a strong side as possible 

A_A wehatethehibs
16 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Agree don’t think smithy or haring will start. McGill may get a start think he played at east fife on Astro? But it’s a cup tie and needs to be a strong side as possible 

I think Halliday will play, he needs as much game time as possible. Irving I reckon will slot in for Haring, maybe McGill could start as well

I wonder if he might give Halkett a rest and try Berra-Popescu? Bit of a risk but they should be able to deal with Alloa and worth seeing how they do together, Halkett must have played every minute of the season 

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

That's my plan too. Up in the local hills with the dogs enjoying the beautiful scenery and the fresh air then back home for a home made curry and a beer hopefully enjoying a convincing Hearts win. 

That sounds wonderful.

Enjoy.

19 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Potential to slip up today.  We’ve just been edging these type of games recently along with unconvincing performances. It’s up for debate whether some of our fringe players truly have the appetite to come in and go full blooded in these matches?  

Totally understand there’ll be changes but I hope it’s still a strong-ish side. Every game for me isn’t just about improving, it’s about changing our mentality back to how it should be. Every game is a small step. Go out to win every match. 

6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I think Halliday will play, he needs as much game time as possible. Irving I reckon will slot in for Haring, maybe McGill could start as well

I wonder if he might give Halkett a rest and try Berra-Popescu? Bit of a risk but they should be able to deal with Alloa and worth seeing how they do together, Halkett must have played every minute of the season 

Halks was rested for the East Fife game but must be tempting to do it again as he is very key to our team this season.

I’m really hoping we don’t give fringe players a run out today. Our strongest 11 is what I want to see. Bring on a few players and rest others if we are 3 up but we’re not good enough yet to be complacent or dismissive of the opposition. We are only a few games into the campaign, no need to rest anyone. 

Edited by GinRummy

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
3 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Today’s 10,000+ steps will be taken to the sound of Laurie’s commentary, as will next Saturday. Hopefully a nice afternoon for a walk and a good result...

That's an idea.  I'm trying to get out and take some exercise every day.  In the past, I've always tried to be back in time for KO.  No reason at all why I can't "Walk with Laurie" though.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m really hoping we don’t give fringe players a run out today. Our strongest 11 is what I want to see. Bring on a few players and rest others if we are 3 up but we’re not good enough yet to be complacent or dismissive of the opposition. We are only a few games into the campaign, no need to rest anyone. 

Tbf, it's  9 games since we started plus internationals for some, not too much, but a fair amount.Some players have played a lot over the past 2 weeks. 

Dont want any key players picking up niggles right now. 

Our niggles tend to  go on a bit as well... 😭

Tennant's  6's

Can see Smith, Haring & possibly Naismith missing out due to injury concerns & that crap pitch. 

Brandon / Logan must be good enough to set in at RB, maybe Irving as deep lying playmaker to allow Halliday to get forward. 

Front two of Boyce & Wighton please.

Hope Ginnelly gets a run out & Roberts/ Frear finally give us a good game. 

11 hours ago, RobNox said:

I have to give a huge shout out to the people at FOH.  I went onto the site about 10 minutes ago to make a one-off donation of £30, and didn't notice that when you key in your donation, there is another box that shows the .00 amount of the donation, so you only need to key in the whole pounds.  I keyed in £30.00 and was horrified to receive a confirmation for my donation of £3,000!!!

I panicked like hell, but contacted the email address on the FOH page and within a few minutes I received a response to say they had cancelled the payment.  Stuart and Barry who dealt with this after 11pm on a Friday night, you guys are heroes!  I can go to bed tonight and sleep comfortably instead of fretting about getting hit with overdraft charges from my bank while awaiting a refund.

🤣🤣🤣Amazing 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Going for as many holes as possible from 1230, hopefully back in the car heading for the quarter finals 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Potential to slip up today.  We’ve just been edging these type of games recently along with unconvincing performances. It’s up for debate whether some of our fringe players truly have the appetite to come in and go full blooded in these matches?  

Totally understand there’ll be changes but I hope it’s still a strong-ish side. Every game for me isn’t just about improving, it’s about changing our mentality back to how it should be. Every game is a small step. Go out to win every match. 

I think whoever plays will go out to win the match. 

The quality of some of our replacements is questionable but we should be able to replace a few and still win the match. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Going for as many holes as possible from 1230, hopefully back in the car heading for the quarter finals 

ccf90a27e043d59852b0ff07f9ffb771.png

highlandjambo3
23 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Dogging is it.....😂

:oohmatron:

27 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

The COVID outbreak at HW could be a factor in team selection today. Hopefully we don’t have many caught up in it. 

Is this in the news? Haven't noticed it being reported.

40 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

ohhh.png.941019364c3ba63deb2e1532d2b73491.png

Hello,

I can't seem to find any details upon your site of the price for this game.

Do I need to sign up for something first?

Thanks,

Boof

Hi Boof,

I'd recommend doing it in this order:

Sign up (bottom on the login page form), go to the event page, and press buy this event now for £12, fill in your details and go back to the event page after 14:35 and we should be live.  

Regards,

AAFC Admin chap

Hi AAFC Admin chap,

Thanks for your reply.

I do apologise if I've been responsible for any misunderstanding - all I sought was the price that was being requested for the game. That way I'll know how much to contribute to Foundation of Hearts.

I have no intention of signing up for anything that charlatan (I'd say ***** if I could) Mulraney has any involvement with.

Regards,

Boof

Hahaha love a bit of shit housing.

Just a little unprofessional of him at the end there :lol: 

48 minutes ago, Boof said:
Hello,

Thanks,

Boof

Hi Boof,

Sign up (bottom on the login page form), go to the event page, and press buy this event now for £12, fill in your details and go back to the event page after 14:35 and we should be live.  

Regards,

AAFC Admin chap

Hi AAFC Admin chap,

Thanks for your reply.

I do apologise if I've been responsible for any misunderstanding - all I sought was the price that was being requested for the game. That way I'll know how much to contribute to Foundation of Hearts.

I have no intention of signing up for anything that charlatan (I'd say ***** if I could) Mulraney has any involvement with.

Regards,

Boof

:rofl:

Pasquale for King
50 minutes ago, Boof said:
Hello,

Thanks,

Boof

Hi Boof,

Regards,

AAFC Admin chap

Hi AAFC Admin chap,

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Boof

Well done 👍🏽 👏🏾😂

51 minutes ago, Boof said:
Hello,

Thanks,

Boof

Hi Boof,

Regards,

AAFC Admin chap

Hi AAFC Admin chap,

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Boof

sid.png.a6b9c0780711e702803df4dcfd5379b2.png

Pasquale for King

I would play a few of the youngsters today, they have far more experience of playing on these pitches. No Berra or Haring or Naismith from the start  and Smith went off the other night so might not be risked. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I would play a few of the youngsters today, they have far more experience of playing on these pitches. No Berra or Haring or Naismith from the start  and Smith went off the other night so might not be risked. 

Wighton's bound to start and Gordon wont  imo

Edited by Hearts007

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Wighton's bound to start and Gordon wont  imo

That’s a good shout too, Gordon did play against Cowdenbeath and East Fife on the artificial pitch though. Definitely have his trackies on though. They should wear NFL style bottoms with padding. The Adidas GK strips used to have padding in the arms. 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I agree, it's a knockout competition, if they are fit the strongest team should play. We should have a strong enough squad, especially with the shortened season, to deal with the league so cup shouldn't be sacrificed unnecessarily. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

I agree, it's a knockout competition, if they are fit the strongest team should play. We should have a strong enough squad, especially with the shortened season, to deal with the league so cup shouldn't be sacrificed unnecessarily. 

I think that awful pitch might come into his thinking but we shall see shortly. 

My predicted line up: Stewart, Brandon, Halkett, Berra, Halliday, Roberts, McGill, Lee, Naismith, Henderson, Wighton

1 hour ago, Boof said:
Hello,

Thanks,

Boof

Hi Boof,

Regards,

AAFC Admin chap

Hi AAFC Admin chap,

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Boof

Brilliant 

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s a good shout too, Gordon did play against Cowdenbeath and East Fife on the artificial pitch though. Definitely have his trackies on though. They should wear NFL style bottoms with padding. The Adidas GK strips used to have padding in the arms. 

14 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The Livvy loan guy looked okay in the previous league cup game he played in.

Would play Henderson and Moore today to give us a bit of energy. No ponderous tappy stuff. We need players running at their defenders.

And Frear can do his Christmas shopping.

👍

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think that awful pitch might come into his thinking but we shall see shortly. 

Your right and it should. I would consider that as part of being of being fit to play. 

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I done the same, my link was fine tho. 

I won't be giving the clubs on the naughty list any money, but for cup games at least we get half. 

I was in two minds, but if the game had been at Tynecastle I would have attended or bought the stream, so based my decision on that.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The Livvy loan guy looked okay in the previous league cup game he played in.

Would play Henderson and Moore today to give us a bit of energy. No ponderous tappy stuff. We need players running at their defenders.

And Frear can do his Christmas shopping.

Frear is out with a hamstring injury thankfully. 

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Are Hearts fans seriously given them money for the PPV ? 

Feck me. All that big talk during the summer eh ? 

All flair, nae substance and very disappointing.

feck all from me

4-3-3?

White        Boyce       Walker

Halliday       Haring        Lee

Kingsley        Berra        Halkett       Smith

Gordon