Hearts TV

steve123

A bit of a moan from me, the pre match press conference with Robbie is a joke this week 3 and a half minutes or so and 2 and a half of them are a journalist asking about other managers getting the sack.

I appreciate there may not be alot to say but it was really quite poor- I know in these times there are more important things to worry about but does not really seem worth the money.

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How much is it?

£59.99 a year, as I say in the grand scheme of things alot more important things to worry about just a bit disappointed in quality. 

Just now, steve123 said:

£59.99 a year, as I say in the grand scheme of things alot more important things to worry about just a bit disappointed in quality. 

👍

31 minutes ago, steve123 said:

A bit of a moan from me, the pre match press conference with Robbie is a joke this week 3 and a half minutes or so and 2 and a half of them are a journalist asking about other managers getting the sack.

I appreciate there may not be alot to say but it was really quite poor- I know in these times there are more important things to worry about but does not really seem worth the money.

Yes totally agree it was like a snapshot of the conference it was obvious he was about to be asked another question but was cut off .Why ? We pay for full interview so why cut it short .thinking of stopping paying if  this continues to be the case

4 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

Yes totally agree it was like a snapshot of the conference it was obvious he was about to be asked another question but was cut off .Why ? We pay for full interview so why cut it short .thinking of stopping paying if  this continues to be the case

Yea Totally, with past managers they have been 10 minutes odd long altogether strange.

Tennant's  6's
37 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

I caught that as well.  It was really just one long question from brian mcglaughlin, why not let all the questions be aired?..

I've always felt that they could/ should add more content, likewise on Twitter but more so for folk that pay for Hearts Tv, just so that they can see that they're getting some value from it..

I don't know about everyone else but I can't hear the questions that are being asked. Could the questioner not be given a microphone so we can clearly hear the questions??

Its always been the same with the questions,have to guess what they were based on the answers.

The amount of games on international this month has made it good value though.

alwaysthereinspirit
32 minutes ago, Bill Crozier said:

I don't know about everyone else but I can't hear the questions that are being asked. Could the questioner not be given a microphone so we can clearly hear the questions??

This.

Reporter, “blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah”

Robbie, “he’ll probably be out two or three weeks minimum. And you’re correct about the second point. That’ll hurt us even more”

Me, “who, what,”

So, we're just getting audio tomorrow yet Alloa are advertising PPV?  I thought that this nonsense was coming to an end with no fans attending?

Another classic example of total mismanagement by the SFA/SPFL.

SomethingAboutObua
17 hours ago, steve123 said:

I think at that price that is a totally valid reason to feel let down. I don't have HeartsTV because I've been told and seen on here a few times it's not really worth it (season ticket holder though so am streaming the matches)

The content on HeartsTV is really disappointing, I don't understand why the club is so averse to trying to create anything. I'm not the sort of person to watch half hour interviews with emerging youth players, but there's fans that definitely do want to be right up to date on the club's inner workings, on the other end, if they put up a weekly or fortnightly video of a different player showing how to make his favourite lunch/tea, I'd absolutely watch that for a new recipe. 

I don't know if maybe they're just thinking what if we make something and only 100 people watch it, or not everyone likes it, but plenty community sports teams make interesting content for fans. My dads a speedway fan, during lockdown they were doing a "Sunday Lunch Interview" where they talked to a former rider for an hour. Free on YouTube, 45mins to hour long discussions, watched by 150-200 people max.  Why can't we do that at Hearts? If they need volunteers, I'm sure they could find plenty willing and ready to have a go.

At £60 a year I am really disappointed in the club's offerings as a TV channel, maybe they need more direct feedback from subscribers, but 2 press conferences you can read about in the EEN the next day and highlights you get on Sportscene with no post match analysis is really poor showing even if it was free tbh. It's down to the club to find ways to get the fans to engage and spend money, and they need to do a lot more than just renewing season tickets and selling the new season's kit every year.

2 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

I think at that price that is a totally valid reason to feel let down. I don't have HeartsTV because I've been told and seen on here a few times it's not really worth it (season ticket holder though so am streaming the matches)

The content on HeartsTV is really disappointing, I don't understand why the club is so averse to trying to create anything. I'm not the sort of person to watch half hour interviews with emerging youth players, but there's fans that definitely do want to be right up to date on the club's inner workings, on the other end, if they put up a weekly or fortnightly video of a different player showing how to make his favourite lunch/tea, I'd absolutely watch that for a new recipe. 

I don't know if maybe they're just thinking what if we make something and only 100 people watch it, or not everyone likes it, but plenty community sports teams make interesting content for fans. My dads a speedway fan, during lockdown they were doing a "Sunday Lunch Interview" where they talked to a former rider for an hour. Free on YouTube, 45mins to hour long discussions, watched by 150-200 people max.  Why can't we do that at Hearts? If they need volunteers, I'm sure they could find plenty willing and ready to have a go.

At £60 a year I am really disappointed in the club's offerings as a TV channel, maybe they need more direct feedback from subscribers, but 2 press conferences you can read about in the EEN the next day and highlights you get on Sportscene with no post match analysis is really poor showing even if it was free tbh. It's down to the club to find ways to get the fans to engage and spend money, and they need to do a lot more than just renewing season tickets and selling the new season's kit every year.

All very good points. I am abroad so international is good value. However, as you say,there's lots of scope for improvement.  I think the plethora of HMFC podcasts shows the desire to discuss all things Hearts and the availability of people to provide it. Personally I'd watch someone paint a wall maroon so a U18 making tea sounds like a blockbuster and a good excuse to pull up a chair and a beer

4 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

All very good points. I am abroad so international is good value. However, as you say,there's lots of scope for improvement.  I think the plethora of HMFC podcasts shows the desire to discuss all things Hearts and the availability of people to provide it. Personally I'd watch someone paint a wall maroon so a U18 making tea sounds like a blockbuster and a good excuse to pull up a chair and a beer

Agreed!  But let's put things in perspective.  £60 pa is just over a pound a week, not exactly a fortune.  I do agree, especially these days it's very non-proactive.

• 2 months later...

Hate to add to the moaning but Hearts TV is poor.

£18+ per game for that offering. They made a big deal about having 4 cameras and "unrivalled coverage" in championship.

Well let's be blunt it's PISH. And if it wasn't for treating it as a donation to club is very poor value.

The commentator boys do ok but the glitchy audio, poor quality stream and almost no build up/reflection. Half the time the replays don't work.

Raith TV presumably have a far lower budget, had a great half time segment with Colin Cameron and their all round coverage was better.

Hearts below par again. 

Along with the 3 week wait when I ordered items from club shop, hearts taking supporters for granted again. See if it was any other company you'd be kicking up stink.

11 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Hate to add to the moaning but Hearts TV is poor.

£18+ per game for that offering. They made a big deal about having 4 cameras and "unrivalled coverage" in championship.

Well let's be blunt it's PISH. And if it wasn't for treating it as a donation to club is very poor value.

The commentator boys do ok but the glitchy audio, poor quality stream and almost no build up/reflection. Half the time the replays don't work.

Raith TV presumably have a far lower budget, had a great half time segment with Colin Cameron and their all round coverage was better.

Hearts below par again. 

Along with the 3 week wait when I ordered items from club shop, hearts taking supporters for granted again. See if it was any other company you'd be kicking up stink.

The word haphazard was used to describe levein's approach.  I'd use that to describe how we've approached lots if things.  The pitch, the stand etc.  

We need to up our game in this modern age or we lose out.  

gordon simpson

I think it could be better but still quite good then again I was brought up in the 60s with 2 channels and black and white TV , the snowflake generation of today would not survive the 60s 

1 minute ago, gordon simpson said:

I think it could be better but still quite good then again I was brought up in the 60s with 2 channels and black and white TV , the snowflake generation of today would not survive the 60s 

🤣

15 minutes ago, gordon simpson said:

Ceefax for score updates. That was a level of mental torture North Korea would balk at.

Worthing Jambo
11 minutes ago, gordon simpson said:

Try listening to Radio Scotland commentary on the south coast in the eighties.

Only worked in the winter, the colder the better, and faded in and out, competing with a Spanish station!

Ironically, the same Spanish station had commentary on Athletico v Hearts.

Couldn’t understand a word of it though!

Hearts should get that Aaron in to do some stuff for Hearts TV.

1 minute ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Only worked in the winter, the colder the better, and faded in and out, competing with a Spanish station!

Hearts should get that Aaron in to do some stuff for Hearts TV.

Ha ha I did the very same for many years in Germany.  Good old 810MW.  Used to have more success in the car, but mostly white noise.

21 minutes ago, Trained One said:

Ha ha I did the very same for many years in Germany.  Good old 810MW.  Used to have more success in the car, but mostly white noise.

I’m trying to imagine dozens of Hearts supporters driving randomly around Europe in search of a signal. 🤣

Worthing Jambo

It happened!

Get to the top of the hill before they get into the penalty box......then.....Spanish.....then a wait to find out if we had scored!

46 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Ceefax for score updates. That was a level of mental torture North Korea would balk at.

just sat with ceefax on the tv waiting for the page to change. Flicking to teletext to see if it was more up to date. 🤣🤣 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

just sat with ceefax on the tv waiting for the page to change. Flicking to teletext to see if it was more up to date. 🤣🤣 

I remember for the Mostar away match a crowd of us sat drinking in Leerie’s staring at the ceefax page for nearly two hours. Never buffered once. 

As one of the generation brought up in the 50's never mind the 60's, I still find the abuse of the technology now available without excuse.

Hearts fans are putting huge amounts of money into the club and, of course  we can't get to games just now.  Surely, especially when charging £18 per head for the technical and editorial drivel that's on offer, we can do better than that.  Would Ann be happy if her IT companies put out such poor standard "work" when she was running them?  The answer is obviously not!!!  Else they'd never have been successful. 

The only saving grace at the moment is the commentary team.

8 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

As one of the generation brought up in the 50's never mind the 60's, I still find the abuse of the technology now available without excuse.

Hearts fans are putting huge amounts of money into the club and, of course  we can't get to games just now.  Surely, especially when charging £18 per head for the technical and editorial drivel that's on offer, we can do better than that.  Would Ann be happy if her IT companies put out such poor standard "work" when she was running them?  The answer is obviously not!!!  Else they'd never have been successful. 

The only saving grace at the moment is the commentary team.

...and the beer. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

I remember for the Mostar away match a crowd of us sat drinking in Leerie’s staring at the ceefax page for nearly two hours. Never buffered once. 

Haha , Football news by Ceefax or Teletext was torture. Austria Vienna was one I always remember. No Scottish team (possibly British team) had won at the Ernst-Happel.... Galloway 57mins 🤘🏻

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Haha , Football news by Ceefax or Teletext was torture. Austria Vienna was one I always remember. No Scottish team (possibly British team) had won at the Ernst-Happel.... Galloway 57mins 🤘🏻

Miles offside as well iirc.  

20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Picture had frozen - you just never noticed. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Worthing Jambo said:

That brings back memories of trying to listen in London, particularly frustrating in the miraculous 85/86 season. 

It was still more enjoyable than watching Hearts this season!