• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nookie Bear

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

• sadj

Gilberts Fridge
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

As much as I hate Hibs, 'Take Your Medicine' this is an effing disgraceful, pretty much unprecedented decision by the SPFL.

Getting their own way under divide snd conquer approach and zero level playing field or fairness.

Its what you get when you lie down to celtic and the SPFL. they think they're untouchable now. No one with any clout left to challenge them. It was all very funny expelling us but at the end of the day all the other tin pot clubs just gave legitimacy to the current set up. The SPFL have just shown what they think of any club other than celtic.

2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Hibs are in complete turmoil from what’s going around.  Expect another couple of high name departures from them before the end of the year. 

Another of LD team has left to become chief ex of Glasgow City ladies team

Edited by Weebroon98

18 hours ago, rudiatemyhamster said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6345229/celtic-training-camp-hibs-change-splf-response/

This is outrageous.  How on earth can your fixture list be rearranged to suit another team.  No doubt a glamour friendly against in the Middle East beckons but this is bang out of order.  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - Hearts need out this corrupt league.

if it’s not this it will be a SFA disciplinary panel formed by ex Celtic players putting us to the sword.

This is shocking. The same club that bleats about full fixture lists whilst they are in Europe suddenly wants to do a warm weather training (read money-spinning friendly) between 2 matches during a Covid epidemic...?

I have an image of this Blair fellow bending over his desk whilst he reads his emails...

Why the rush to confirm it? One hour and it is announced publicly? It is almost like they didn't want Hibs to respond...

Small amount of Karma but I actually take no pleasure in it... 

Leeeannn can fiz as much as she wants to (which is truly a horrible thought, frankly :sick:), but the point is neither she nor anyone else (unless they're Peetee Lawell) can do anything about it. Doesn't matter how unjust, unfair or bordering on the criminal, what the SPFL says goes, it has been proven in court. QED

As someone else pointed out a wee loan deal come new year will help sweeten that particular dose of her own medicine. ****!

6 hours ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

While I have absolutely no sympathy with Hibs, whatsoever, I do feel that this is an abuse of a fellow member club of the League (whatever teams are involved) and that in every case where a match is postponed to allow a mega bucks friendly to take place that a percentage (say 10%) of the purse should go to the club suffering the inconvenience, with perhaps further compensation if the unfairly affected club was due to play at home. It could even be the case that the SPFL should also receive a payment, creating a situation where the whole of the league benefits from the largess available from people and companies with massive egos wanting to show off their wealth/gain worldwide advertising. And if Celtic, and to a lesser extent, TRFC, say 'that's no fair', just tell them where to stick their glamour friendlies. It won't happen, of course, because the arse (cheeks) wag the dog that is Scottish football.

Who they playing?

Is this Dundee's promised money-spinning friendly against a big-hitter?   😒

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

Who they playing?

Is this Dundee's promised money-spinning friendly against a big-hitter?   😒

My mistake, didn't read the article, just assumed it was another mega bucks friendly Celtic had arranged. 

• 1 month later...
jamboinglasgow

That is a big statement by Queens Park. Now they have dropped amateur status they have certainly been doing quite a bit to show they should be higher up the leagues.

Still find it a very strange appointment....She honestly can't see Queen's Park as a career step up, not even a sides way move...

Can't have been head hunted, Can't see Queens Park offering a competitive salary and package.

I mean, some quarters were talking about her having a future prominent role at Rangers

Makes you wonder what went on at Hibs.......Quite clearly the relationship between Ron the con and Dempster turned toxic?

For what reason?

Seems a very strange move. Is she from Glasgow? Does she want to move back? 

Does not make any sense.

Maybe if it was Third Lanark I could see it.

2 minutes ago, FORTHCLYDE said:

Seems a very strange move. Is she from Glasgow? Does she want to move back? 

Does not make any sense.

Maybe if it was Third Lanark I could see it.

I'm old enough to have been at Cathkin Park many moons ago.🙄

The Treasurer

Am I not right in thinking she was part of the JRG ?

If so how can she take on this role given the huge amount of great work the JRG are doing for Scottish football

1 hour ago, stuartp said:

Good step up for her!!!

Yes.  Going from Hibs to Queen's Park is an excellent step up.  :wink:

1 hour ago, Hashimoto said:

Still find it a very strange appointment....She honestly can't see Queen's Park as a career step up, not even a sides way move...

Can't have been head hunted, Can't see Queens Park offering a competitive salary and package.

I mean, some quarters were talking about her having a future prominent role at Rangers

Makes you wonder what went on at Hibs.......Quite clearly the relationship between Ron the con and Dempster turned toxic?

For what reason?

The guy who bought Hampden with sir Tom Hunter , a Celtic fan , has pumped a lot of money into QP since they stopped being amateurs.

2 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

She looks like the before picture for a lip filler company.

Uncalled for. She's looking happy. Rather that than after unnecessary narcissistic procedures. Here's a fine eample of £8,000 worth and a reminder of Lesley Ash's trout pout.

20210112_155026.jpg

20210112_155627.jpg

Neil Dongcaster
7 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Uncalled for. She's looking happy. Rather that than after unnecessary narcissistic procedures. Here's a fine eample of £8,000 worth and a reminder of Lesley Ash's trout pout.

20210112_155026.jpg

20210112_155627.jpg

A few rather bad examples.

2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

That is a big statement by Queens Park. Now they have dropped amateur status they have certainly been doing quite a bit to show they should be higher up the leagues.

Can't be bothered going back through the thread but well done to the poster who called this when her departure from the wee team was announced.

On 01/12/2020 at 08:35, Deevers said:

Are you really that surprised at this? It’s symptomatic of everything that goes on inside both the SFA and the SPFL. The real surprise is just how many people inside the game and in the media just sit back and allow this to go on unchecked. Nothing will ever change until sufficient  clubs find some courage and break away from both these corrupt organisations and get the game here back to being a fair and equitable sport.  

Problem with the journalists as they are also in the thrall of the old firm/SFA/SPFL if they criticise too much they have their privileges withdrawn and are then unable to make a living - look at the farcical and schizophrenic way the BBC interact with Rangers. 

5 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Problem with the journalists as they are also in the thrall of the old firm/SFA/SPFL if they criticise too much they have their privileges withdrawn and are then unable to make a living - look at the farcical and schizophrenic way the BBC interact with Rangers. 

Are you for real, last paragraph would suggest you don't live in real world of Scottish football. Only one team runs the game up here and it ain't Rangers.

50 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

During these uncertain times you've got to take what you can get to pay the bills.

Yip, cost of Travel Lodge rooms keeps going up, bless her.

52 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

20210112_155026.jpg

20210112_155627.jpg

Since the thread is being de-railed.

Can I add the late Pete Burns

IMG_20210112_165210.jpg

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Yes.  Going from Hibs to Queen's Park is an excellent step up.  :wink:

Just as many major trophies to their name. 

And many, many more Scottish Cups.

2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Are you for real, last paragraph would suggest you don't live in real world of Scottish football. Only one team runs the game up here and it ain't Rangers.

Both The rangers and celtic are a cut of the same cloth, one is as bad as the other and always will be

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Yes thank you I am for real. Celtic clearly have the whip hand, didn't and wouldn't contend anything different. My comments with regard to Rangers reflect the ongoing spat they have with the BBC that goes back years... 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18948678.rangers-managing-director-stewart-robertson-provides-update-long-running-bbc-dispute-club-agm/#:~:text=Rangers' managing director Stewart Robertson,end it ammicably in future.&text=Gers claimed they did not,the ban as "unjustifiable".

38 minutes ago, stuartp said:

Both The rangers and celtic are a cut of the same cloth, one is as bad as the other and always will be

This.

kingantti1874
28 minutes ago, stuartp said:

this is incorrect. I don’t like rangers fans and I don’t like what they bring to the game but certainly as far as HMFC are concerned, given our direct experiences with those hooped ****s  there is absolutely NO comparison.  

Examples are too numerous to mention but particular highlights are the 86 fix, the fact that we have have been relegated due to their 8.78IAR, the burning us on bonfires, the robbing kiosks. The forcing the kids game. HT  to be moved Becuase they were spitting on the kids. The balaclavas and the throat cutting outside games in front of my ****ing kids and the SMEARING OF HUMAN FAECES ON the walls of tynecastle .. 

if it was up to me not one of them would be allowed back into tynecastle ever again

4 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Paul McCartney is looking well

23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

this is incorrect. I don’t like rangers fans and I don’t like what they bring to the game but certainly as far as HMFC are concerned, given our direct experiences with those hooped ****s  there is absolutely NO comparison.  

Examples are too numerous to mention but particular highlights are the 86 fix, the fact that we have have been relegated due to their 8.78IAR, the burning us on bonfires, the robbing kiosks. The forcing the kids game. HT  to be moved Becuase they were spitting on the kids. The balaclavas and the throat cutting outside games in front of my ****ing kids and the SMEARING OF HUMAN FAECES ON the walls of tynecastle .. 

if it was up to me not one of them would be allowed back into tynecastle ever again

He gets it shame about others.

gorgie rd eh11
56 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

They're exactly the same. Celtic have controlled Scottish football in the recent past with the help of their minions Hibs and Aberdeen but don't think Rangers wouldn't and haven't done the same. 

Hearts hopefully have learnt that looking after ourselves is the only way to act.

What is the target for Queens Park? Scottish football is a very saturated market, its a story that we know the ending of already, splashing unnecessary money to get out of League 2, by time they get to Championship they will be running dry, still have 500 supporters and go bust.

SomethingAboutObua

How much money do QP have to get working full time? I cannot believe Queens Park are paying anywhere near what Hibs could, and even if she has more free reign she has or small things like not commuting to Edinburgh to consider, I still can't see how Queens Park can get a figure anywhere close to what she was on? The sale of Hampden?

I hope Queens Park do well, but Partick Thistle comfortably hold the bigot free and hipster market of West Coast football and they still only max out at about 4000 fans in the ground, plus if they've been winning the second tier and playing top flight football over the last 20 years, how are Queens Park going to grow their fanbase from where they are now? The guys i know that support them still follow them because of the small community feel of the club, so where do they go from here?

Celtic has sleekitly ruled the roost since David Murray killed off old Rangers.

Who were the sleekits for at least the previous 25 years

Edited by DETTY29

4 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

How much money do QP have to get working full time? I cannot believe Queens Park are paying anywhere near what Hibs could, and even if she has more free reign she has or small things like not commuting to Edinburgh to consider, I still can't see how Queens Park can get a figure anywhere close to what she was on? The sale of Hampden?

I hope Queens Park do well, but Partick Thistle comfortably hold the bigot free and hipster market of West Coast football and they still only max out at about 4000 fans in the ground, plus if they've been winning the second tier and playing top flight football over the last 20 years, how are Queens Park going to grow their fanbase from where they are now? The guys i know that support them still follow them because of the small community feel of the club, so where do they go from here?

Bang on.

Glorified junior club with a rich heritage.

Top dogs when the game started in the 1870s, FA cup winners (??), Blah blah.

Knowing Leeeeann, she will know when to walk away and leave the mess to someone else.

Interesting challenge for Dempster.  They obviously have a bit of ambition possibly fueled by the pyramid system that threatens the league existence of the lower league clubs every year.  Who knows where they can get to but I don't agree with the doom predictions in previous posts.  If Hamilton can exist in the top tiers of Scottish Football with their one man and a dog support then good luck to Queens Park.  

9 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

You've just reminded me of this ... "Oh, the banter." 🤣

As a near-Weegie (born there but raised in Kirkie) I have a dream.

Sevco's finances come home to roost and they crash and burn and Sevco 2 are reborn somewhere in their Union Jacky English heartlands.

Celtic reach for the stars in the 'Atlantic League', get relegated, and move to Dublin.

Queen's Park go from strength to strength, draw increasing support from throughout the Southside and beyond, and win the SPFL Premier the season after they buy back Hampden from the SFA/SPFL who have lost interest in football since SELLICK and RA BERRZ left the country.

Scottish football pro and semi-pro clubs start producing and retaining young talent with a resulting boon for the National team. There are intense yet good-hearted non-sectarian rivalries as Hearts and your Leith pals square up to QPFC and Plastic Whistle in the SPFL Premier while Edinburgh City often lock horns with Pollok, and, ahem, Kirkie Rob Roy, who have both risen from the West of Scotland Football League to the Championship.

Scotland's depressed former SELLICK and RA BERRZ supporters are granted free travel to a new colony for the underthinking on Rockall. Last one alive gets to come back. Maybe.

You may say I'm a dreamer, but...

strums guitar

No Dempster fan but can’t see any reason why Queens Park can’t climb up the leagues if they get a bit of dosh behind them. Lots of small poorly supported sides have done so in the past. 

millerjames398
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

You've just reminded me of this ... "Oh, the banter." 🤣

Firhill "the palace of the gallus"😂😂😂

42 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No Dempster fan but can’t see any reason why Queens Park can’t climb up the leagues if they get a bit of dosh behind them. Lots of small poorly supported sides have done so in the past. 

Queens Park spent decades taking any money it earned and putting it into grassroots football. I was told by a youth coach from there once that they did it so as not to look like they were taking advantage of the SFA and the leagues because they earned money from Hampden. 

It was a noble endeavour but in my opinion they squandered opportunities to build a club and support that had none of the sectarianism of the Old Firm. 

They Hibs'd it. 

2 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Queens Park spent decades taking any money it earned and putting it into grassroots football. I was told by a youth coach from there once that they did it so as not to look like they were taking advantage of the SFA and the leagues because they earned money from Hampden. 

It was a noble endeavour but in my opinion they squandered opportunities to build a club and support that had none of the sectarianism of the Old Firm. 

They Hibs'd it. 

Interesting, thanks. Other than they played at hampden and they were decent in the very distant past I don’t really know much about them.

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, kirkierobroy said:

As a near-Weegie (born there but raised in Kirkie) I have a dream.

Drove past the old Robroy grounds in Dec - sad to see the old gates still locked and the generic housing estate around the site. 

10 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Drove past the old Robroy grounds in Dec - sad to see the old gates still locked and the generic housing estate around the site. 

Something in the deal means they can't build on the old pitch until construction has started on the new one. If it ever does.

WheatfieldWarrior
22 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Years managing the wee team should stand Dempster in good stead for a job at Queen's Park, but the big question is can she handle the step up?

I maybe missed it but I've not seen any 'journalist' question why she's left Hibs for Queens Park. 

Bigger club? Na.

Money? Na.

Better working conditions? Probably.

But Hibs are a cuddly wee club who try to do things the right way, apparently. So nobody will ask the hard hitting questions. So when the shit hits the fan, it'll hit from nowhere 😃

16 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I maybe missed it but I've not seen any 'journalist' question why she's left Hibs for Queens Park. 

Bigger club? Na.

Money? Na.

Better working conditions? Probably.

But Hibs are a cuddly wee club who try to do things the right way, apparently. So nobody will ask the hard hitting questions. So when the shit hits the fan, it'll hit from nowhere 😃

Leanne is from the west.

she commuted to Edinburgh each working day.

She is not married nor has a family, but has likely earned loads of money as a chief exec over that past wee while.

She has mentioned in interviews that her mum is old and unwell.  She also mentioned that she was in a bubble with her mum and was finding it tough to share those caring duties with the commute and pressure of running a premiership club.

When you take all that into account, she would appear to have elected to take a drop in salary for a better quality of life and to care for her mum.  Regardless of her Hibness in the past, this is actually pretty commendable and I wish her well now she's out of the vermin.