Leanne Dempster away from Hibs?

Gambo

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Only reason we beat them.

Nah, we done well given the circumstances. Very well imo. 

The hibs are shite thread was more about a reality check for those on here that thought they were good and were posting about how well they were doing. 

Never thought I'd have to justify a hibs are shite thread on a Hearts forum, but I guess it sums up jkb nowadays. 

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nookie Bear

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

• sadj

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The hibs are shite thread was more about a reality check for those on here that thought they were good and were posting about how well they were doing. 

Never thought I'd have to justify a hibs are shite thread on a Hearts forum, but I guess it sums up jkb nowadays. 

Says the guy who cheered them on at Hampden. 🤮

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

With your previous i find that surprising.

47 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

They are maybe shite, but Scottish fitba is shite overall and they are likely to be fourth in the pile of shite, something which we have yet to aspire to and seems a long way off.

10 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Europe fair enough - but trophies? You're going to be very disappointed most seasons! I saw my first in 1998, having been 1 year old for our previous silverware success. We've been relatively spoilt with 2 more in the past 22 years. It's not a disaster to make semis or finals, especially if we come up just short against Celtic (you brought up relative wage bills!). 

There are plenty of things I've enjoyed in the last six years, not just individual results but some sustained periods, and I don't think it's sugar coating it to take satisfaction from the style in which we smashed the Championship so soon after admin, no matter the state of Hibs and Rangers. If we pull off a shock on 20 Dec, I hope you won't say the cup win doesn't count because Celtic's form has been shaky this season... 

Yes, there have been real lows, we know what they are (although even Cathro thrashed Rangers!), and last season was truly awful (thank God for the natural order Easter Road fixtures), I mean inexplicably bad, in that I believe we had the players to scrape mid-table. I suppose it's worth remembering that if we'd played with a goalkeeper we'd have been well clear of bottom place when hostilities ceased...

I do feel your pain though. It's easy to ignore any past positives when the lows are so crushing and seemingly avoidable. We simply shouldn't have found ourselves in this position. My only point originally was that it hadn't been 100% regression since 2014. We just need to get back to some sustained highs - hopefully it won't be too long.

Just gave me a vision of playing Fifa and running the length of the pitch then it glitching and losing the ball as they shoot into an empty net... 09 maybe 🤔

So true unfortunately. Weve been spoiled with keepers over the year but the last 18months have been horrendous.

2 hours ago, dubs said:

I wonder if she is lined up to take over as Compliance Officer. If Peter approves of course.

McNulty will be given an apology for his stamp last year and instead will be rewarded with a new seat under Petries desk to keep him happy and 50 Scottish caps. 

38 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

He was at hampden cheering on Hibs?  When was this? 

He wasnt he said something about not being bothered whether Rangers or Hibs won in 2016 and wasnt absolutely gutted Hibs won the cup after 1.4 million years

8 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

They are maybe shite, but Scottish fitba is shite overall and they are likely to be fourth in the pile of shite, something which we have yet to aspire to and seems a long way off.

Yet to aspire to? 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

I think they'll struggle for top 6.

Last time we got promoted we went straight to 3rd, I think we can be around 3rd again on promotion. 

I just hope Robbie stays long term this time. 

15 minutes ago, sadj said:

He wasnt he said something about not being bothered whether Rangers or Hibs won in 2016 and wasnt absolutely gutted Hibs won the cup after 1.4 million years

That's nice! 

51 minutes ago, sadj said:

If go one further and day he was pleased at the outcome that day. 🤮

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think they'll struggle for top 6.

Last time we got promoted we went straight to 3rd, I think we can be around 3rd again on promotion. 

I just hope Robbie stays long term this time. 

I think a club with our infrastructure and budget could and arguably should be 3rd.

However our squad would need a major upgrade in the summer to achieve that. The current squad, goalkeeper apart, is almost identical to the squad that just ended up bottom when the league was called.

24 minutes ago, JohnB said:

Maybe she's got a mother, father, brothers, sisters etc - you know, the usual sort of folk you would expect in a family.

More to do with lockdown and family movement restrictions than her sexual preference? 

24 minutes ago, Boris said:

I get that she's (ex) Hibs so much hilarity at her and their expense, but misogynistic and homophobic barbs don't really cut it.  Quite embarrassing IMO.

Agreed, and the inference by someone on this thread that a previous post with a similar message was clearly made by someone who was 'hibs' is also embarrassing. Can easily discuss this topic without stooping to ignorant insults.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

I think a club with our infrastructure and budget could and arguably should be 3rd.

However our squad would need a major upgrade in the summer to achieve that. The current squad, goalkeeper apart, is almost identical to the squad that just ended up bottom when the league was called.

3rd should, be between us, Hibs and Aberdeen on budget. 

We should never win a cup either. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Given that you backed them for the cup that time, you can understand people being slightly confused.

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Who did? 

I commend your restraint when replying to he countless barbs about you 'cheering on the hobos' in the cup. Of course our mini Huns were cheering on their cousins. My brother, neice and nephew, and a few close friends are hibs fans so I was happy for them. I actually feel sorry for fans on here who say they have no friends that are hibs fans. Either they are lying to prove their PHM credentials or they need to get a life

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, Boris said:

I get that she's (ex) Hibs so much hilarity at her and their expense, but misogynistic and homophobic barbs don't really cut it.  Quite embarrassing IMO.

seconded

edit: thirded

Edited by August Landmesser

41 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I commend your restraint when replying to he countless barbs about you 'cheering on the hobos' in the cup. Of course our mini Huns were cheering on their cousins. My brother, neice and nephew, and a few close friends are hibs fans so I was happy for them. I actually feel sorry for fans on here who say they have no friends that are hibs fans. Either they are lying to prove their PHM credentials or they need to get a life

Good post 👍

Back onto the Leanne Dempster subject!

EEN speculating that she might be taking up a role a 2nd division Queens Park!!!!!!!!!!

That's Queens Park, Glasgow not London!!

Something rotten down Leith way.....I'm not ITK, but a good reliable person told me something last night that would definitely grab attention. 

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Given that you backed them for the cup that time, you can understand people being slightly confused.

I never backed them for the cup either. 

The only folk that are confused are either stupid or choosing to be. 

Bazzas right boot
55 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Felt similar, but if rangers had won- it would have been funny as ****. 

What hibs do rarely bothers me. 

Hibs doing poorly is funny, hibs doing well - meh. 

Still glad rangers have not won a bean since their reincarnation tho ( I know some on here actually want rangers to win things over other teams for some reason) hopefully we beat them to it in a few weeks!

Rangers cheated us and Scottish football out of trophies, league placings and money. Many will forgive as they see them as similar to us in some way, I loathe the *******s for it, they cheated Hearts. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

LD is young enough to be looking to expand her career experience.  My guess is that her next role will be outside of sport.  She will be an administrator in a large organisation like a university, hospital or corporation.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Felt similar, bit if rangers had won- it would have been funny as ****. 

What hibs do rarely bothers me. 

Hibs doing poorly is funny, hibs doing well - meh. 

Still glad rangers have not won a bean since their reincarnation tho ( I know some on here actually want rangers to win things over other teams for some reason) hopefully we beat them to it in a few weeks!

Rangers cheated us and Scottish football out of trophies, league placings and money. Many will forgive as they see them as similar to us in some way, I loathe the *******s for it, they cheated Hearts. 

1 hour ago, Hashimoto said:

EEN speculating that she might be taking up a role a 2nd division Queens Park!!!!!!!!!!

Something rotten down Leith way.....I'm not ITK, but a good reliable person told me something last night that would definitely grab attention. 

That's been the case for well over 100 years. FTH

1 hour ago, Hashimoto said:

Re manager?

During one of the long expulsion threads during the summer, I vaguely remember a poster hinting that a well known journalist (might have been TE) was working on a piece about a strained relationship between her and Ron.

I could be imagining this but maybe others remember something similar

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

🤐

Aye, sorry Gambo....I can't betray a trust. I don't usually get this type of information (if true!) No reason not to believe it's source.
I'm sure you understand. 

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

3rd should, be between us, Hibs and Aberdeen on budget. 

We should never win a cup either. 

We’ve won the cup 3 times in 25 years. First 2 times were with very good sides who weren’t so far away from being champions. The third time wasn’t as good a side on paper but won the cup on pure team spirit. We should win a cup now and then, but only when quite a few factors fall together in the same tournament.

4 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Aye, sorry Gambo....I can't betray a trust. I don't usually get this type of information (if true!) No reason not to believe it's source.
I'm sure you understand. 

lol, no doubt whatever comes out you will be crowing "THAT's exactly what I was told!"  😆

7 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

lol, no doubt whatever comes out you will be crowing "THAT's exactly what I was told!"  😆

Nope!.....and that's a promise

Not trying to be sensationalist...Just highlighting the fact that things are not as black and white as some would have, like us to believe.

19 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

I'm sure you understand. 

No worries. As well as what I was told and started this thread on that info, I was told something else.

First bit came true, might be a few days before 2nd bit surfaces.

10 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Nope!.....and that's a promise

Not trying to be sensationalist...Just highlighting the fact that things are not as black and white as some would have, like us to believe.

Go on, you big TEASE!! 😁

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I don't think you need to be Einstein to know that things are not going well. 

Could be a straight forward power struggle,  disagreement on policy or strategy,  or ethics. 

Fair to say she has overseen a stable period in Hibs history,  I'm personally delighted she's jacked regardless of reasons. Be a bonus if there is some wrong doing or suicidal strategies 

Edited by Sir Gio

Someone mentioned her as a potential replacement for Doncaster. 

I'd absolutely agree. We need a serious change of direction/culture at the SPFL/SFA, having someone like Dempster, who despite coming from the west coast has built up experience at clubs outside of Glasgow could offer up a perspective in the SPFL hierarchy of how the other 10 clubs live. She's easily qualified considering Doncasters experience was exclusively at Norwich whilst they weren't a premier league club. Plus parting ways with Doncaster could provide an opportunity to re-evaluate his grossly enormous salary and cut it down to being more in line with the money involved in Scottish football.

Its obvious Dempster is well thought of in football circles despite what fans have said. I'd be very inclined to get behind her appointment tbh. 

As others have suggested though, this is maybe not a football/career decision and perhaps due to family issues. Perhaps once those are resolved it might be a time to look at it again. 

51 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'd absolutely agree. We need a serious change of direction/culture at the SPFL/SFA, having someone like Dempster, who despite coming from the west coast has built up experience at clubs outside of Glasgow could offer up a perspective in the SPFL hierarchy of how the other 10 clubs live. She's easily qualified considering Doncasters experience was exclusively at Norwich whilst they weren't a premier league club. Plus parting ways with Doncaster could provide an opportunity to re-evaluate his grossly enormous salary and cut it down to being more in line with the money involved in Scottish football.

Its obvious Dempster is well thought of in football circles despite what fans have said. I'd be very inclined to get behind her appointment tbh. 

As others have suggested though, this is maybe not a football/career decision and perhaps due to family issues. Perhaps once those are resolved it might be a time to look at it again. 

Nice idea but on his grossly inflated salary Doncaster is not going anywhere. The highest paid administrator in the world.

And even if he did go another “yes man” would be appointed - Scottish football doesn’t like change.

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Sorry but she would be swapping her role as Petrie and then Ron’s employee to being Lawell’s employee. 

Her strength is taking the flak for her bosses. 

2 hours ago, OTT said:

She's a bluenose, lawwell won't allow it.

Just now, JDK2020 said:

Harsh

She is ex Hibs. It is how it works.

I have seen more feminine 1980s darts players than Dumpster.

The love in on here towards her is pathetic.

1 minute ago, JDK2020 said:

She's a bluenose, lawwell won't allow it.

I always got the impression she was 'the other side'.  Maybe it is just her surname.  I never knew she was the blue arse cheek.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

She is ex Hibs. It is how it works.

I have seen more feminine 1980s darts players than Dumpster.

The love in on here towards her is pathetic.

Lol, and I thought I was a dinosaur!

1 minute ago, JDK2020 said:

Lol, and I thought I was a dinosaur!

I know what dinosaur Dumpster would be but the woke brigade on here would explode if I were to mention it.