Leanne Dempster away from Hibs?

Gambo

5 hours ago, been here before said:

Same day Gary Holt resigns?

Lovers? Same person? Anyone seen them together in the same room?

Bit harsh on Gary Holt......

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nookie Bear

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

• sadj

1 hour ago, sadj said:

some reason i read that in Jeremy Clarkson’s voice which meant i had to add...

All we know is shes the Stig....

51BnTpPKkpL.jpg

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’ll be eternally grateful to AB for  saving us.

I’m not bashing our own staff by any means at all and merely stating and expressing my opinion like yourself. I think she’d be good for our club and you have a different view. That’s acceptable and what forums are for.

We’ve been poor off and on the park for the last 6 years. No doubt this will have been a learning curve for AB and she’ll be a far better and more experienced owner because of it. She needs to surround herself with better people and I’m sure she recognises this already with her appointment of AM as CEO. 

I keep hearing this "last 6 years" thing on here like there have been no good times. What exactly was wrong with Hearts in 2014/15, 2015/16, half of 2016/17, our best start to a season in many a year in 2018/19, plus reaching two cup finals? If you consider those to be bad times I don't know what club you think you've been supporting.

Edited by ToqueJambo

6 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I don't know what performance graph you've been looking at, but surely it's been a rollercoaster rather than constant regression? We romped to record-breaking promotion, that wasn't regression. Indeed it was an uninterrupted upward curve from July 2014 to December 2016, when we were 2nd in the top league. Obviously Cathro meant we took two steps back, but by November 2018 we were top of the league. Then our manager had a heart attack and we lost the better half of our team to lengthy injuries. The demise since then and the failure to recover has been discussed at nauseam. Even amongst the gloom, we still reached a string of cup semis and led last year's final after an hour. What I think you mean is that now we're back in the Championship it feels like "what was the point?", we're back where we started - which we are, but it's not like positive things haven't happened in the intervening years. And of course we're only in the Championship as the result of a vote. Hopefully the next time we get to the top end of the Premier we can hold steady...

It must be a different performance graph from the one you have for sure. I don’t know many jambos who have enjoyed the last 6 years to be fair. 

It was a piss poor Rangers and Hibs side the year we won the championship. Ranger didn’t even win promotion in the playoffs that year and were there for 2 years and our neighbours 3 years. I won’t sugar coat it the way you have though but you’re perfectly entitled to your opinion. 

The lows have outnumbered the highs on the park for me. Given the fact we have many international players in our squad and the 3rd or 4th highest wage bill in the league, I wouldn’t count that as equating to anything like reasonable success. The  last year was the worst I’ve ever seen in 40 years. I don’t count semi finals as a measure of success. Only winning trophies and qualifying for Europe is a yardstick for me. 

6 hours ago, been here before said:

Same day Gary Holt resigns?

Lovers? Same person? Anyone seen them together in the same room?

Duw imagine how grotesque their Bairns would be?

3 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Hope she comes to Hearts.

It’d be worth it just for the lolocaust involving a certain poster who isn’t keen on her former club 😀

Guest ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

It must be a different performance graph from the one you have for sure. I don’t know many jambos who have enjoyed the last 6 years to be fair. 

It was a piss poor Rangers and Hibs side the year we won the championship. Ranger didn’t even win promotion in the playoffs that year and were there for 2 years and our neighbours 3 years. I won’t sugar coat it the way you have though but you’re perfectly entitled to your opinion. 

The lows have outnumbered the highs on the park for me. Given the fact we have many international players in our squad and the 3rd or 4th highest wage bill in the league, I wouldn’t count that as equating to anything like reasonable success. The  last year was the worst I’ve ever seen in 40 years. I don’t count semi finals as a measure of success. Only winning trophies and qualifying for Europe is a yardstick for me. 

It's become clear to me that there really was a certain type of Hearts fan who sat through the Championship season last time with a face like a grieving pug , sucking their breath in mournfully during every victory and all the goals we saw, and when anyone around them got excited tut-tutting and saying "Aye but Rangers and Hibs are piss poor". What a joyless bunch.

Edited by ToqueJambo

17 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’ll be eternally grateful to AB for  saving us.

I’m not bashing our own staff by any means at all and merely stating and expressing my opinion like yourself. I think she’d be good for our club and you have a different view. That’s acceptable and what forums are for.

We’ve been poor off and on the park for the last 6 years. No doubt this will have been a learning curve for AB and she’ll be a far better and more experienced owner because of it. She needs to surround herself with better people and I’m sure she recognises this already with her appointment of AM as CEO. 

How have we been poor off the park? I assume you dont mean in a commercial sense as we have smashed Hibs off the park commercially and tbf on the park #naturalorder , just other games weve been pants 😉

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's become clear to me that there really was a certain type of Hearts fan who sat through the Championship season last time with a face like a grieving pug , sucking their breath in mournfully during every victory and all the goals we saw, and when anyone around them got excited tut-tutting and saying "Aye but Rangers and Hibs are piss poor". What a joyless bunch.

Eloquently put

gorgie rd eh11
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

😄 Aye there's a weird desperation to big up hibs and put down Hearts, strange people.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Exactly. The championship never has and never will see three of the biggest five clubs in Scotland in it again. We utterly romped it playing fantastic football and scoring 96 goals in the process, despite emerging from administration a couple of months before the season started but we only won it because others were shit.

The same people say with our budget we should be doing better. We were outspent by some distance by both Rangers and Hibs that season. And the next two seasons we kept pace with Aberdeen challenging for 3rd or even 2nd in 16/17 (until Robbie left, much to the delight of mostly those same people) despite them spending much more than us.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, sadj said:

How have we been poor off the park? I assume you dont mean in a commercial sense as we have smashed Hibs off the park commercially and tbf on the park #naturalorder , just other games weve been pants 😉

I mean off the park with some of our our signings and contracts/wage structure etc. 

Commercially, we have been a resounding success, club shop, hospitality, restaurant etc and broken all records for this. Kudos to the people who made that happen and I applaud each and every one of them for doing so. 

Agree with the last sentence, always good to get #naturalorder though 🇱🇻

14 minutes ago, Cardiff Hearts said:

Family before football. 

Her mother is very unwell. Easy choice.

This is correct

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I mean off the park with some of our our signings and contracts/wage structure etc. 

Commercially, we have been a resounding success, club shop, hospitality, restaurant etc and broken all records for this. Kudos to the people who made that happen and I applaud each and every one of them for doing so. 

When people on here (and the papers) were bashing on about the number of signings, Hibs were actually signing the same number if not more players during the same period - and often paying large fees for them, unlike us. And had just as many, if not more, failures. Our youth system is streaks ahead of theirs, if they even have one anymore.

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

10 minutes ago, sadj said:

Eloquently put

9 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Exactly. The championship never has and never will see three of the biggest five clubs in Scotland in it again. We utterly romped it playing fantastic football and scoring 96 goals in the process, despite emerging from administration a couple of months before the season started but we only won it because others were shit.

All fair comment guys. I guess I stand to be corrected although I’m still hurting from events of last year.  

FWIW, I loved and celebrated every one of our 96 goals in the championship and the sweetest ever would be the 4 against Celtic to end their unbeaten run a few years later. 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

56 minutes ago, Cardiff Hearts said:

Family before football. 

Her mother is very unwell. Easy choice.

Do people really pack in their jobs when a parent is very unwell? Especially one in football which would probably be more compassionate to it's staff than many other industries.

26 minutes ago, Frank said:

Marty-Feldman-featured-e1568839870439.jpg

Have you done something different with your hair  Leanne?

45 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

We all hated last year. Time to forget about that though. 

I have mixed feeling about Robbie returning but one thing I do know is that he’s totally in it to win it. 

We’re all in it together mate. Forget the past and let’s get out of this shitty league and into the slightly less shitty one above. Picking up a fourth Scottish cup in 22 years on the way would be the icing on the cake😀

Nice words BB. I think my anger and sadness, given what has been allowed to happen to our great club, consumes me far too much at times. There’s too many protagonists to mention that have wronged our club. 

Like you say we move on and I’ll get right behind any manager that comes to us. The Robbie years have been the best years of late and I’m sure he’ll have us back challenging where we belong. 

The cup would blow a lot of that hurt and anger away and I’m sure we’ll be all out to win it. Totally agree,  we’re all in it together mate. 

HHGH 

• JKBMod 6 locked this topic
  • JKBMod 6 unlocked this topic
1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

All fair comment guys. I guess I stand to be corrected although I’m still hurting from events of last year.  

FWIW, I loved and celebrated every one of our 96 goals in the championship and the sweetest ever would be the 4 against Celtic to end their unbeaten run a few years later. 

👍🏻 

1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

No problem , the off field commercial success has to be translated onto the pitch though. Weve established a good commercial business and that has to go in hand in hand with performances on the pitch. If it doesnt then negativity is increased as its not just a bad season , its a very bad season as expectations are understandably higher.

Nice to be able to debate instead of people jumping up and down. However its obvs for a diff thread that debate 🤘🏻

Cardiff Hearts
1 hour ago, graygo said:

Do people really pack in their jobs when a parent is very unwell? Especially one in football which would probably be more compassionate to it's staff than many other industries.

If they have the means to do so, yes, particularly if they know that their time with loved ones may be limited. 

I get that she’s our main rival’s CEO but I believe the decision is predominantly non football related and should be respected and left at that.

18 minutes ago, Cardiff Hearts said:

If they have the means to do so, yes, particularly if they know that their time with loved ones may be limited. 

I get that she’s our main rival’s CEO but I believe the decision is predominantly non football related and should be respected and left at that.

Fair enough although my question was not posed because she was our main rival's CEO it was a genuine question. You're right though, best left alone.

3 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

Leanne Dempster will walk into most jobs as ceo 

in British football it’s no secret she is very good at her job

Including Doncaster’s?

Probably all bollocks but rumours now circulating she apparently quit because Jack Ross has been sacked? Most likely some cheeky Jambo at the wind up.

3 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

Leanne Dempster will walk into most jobs as ceo 

in British football it’s no secret she is very good at her job

:cornette:

She has forged a career doing what the **** she is told to do. 

Can see her returning to an SFA job to keep Lawell happy. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

2 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

How did you cope pre 1998 ? 

2 hours ago, graygo said:

Says a lot for her if that is the case. 

Total respect for her. 

3 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I keep hearing about all these internationals we've got. The reality is we have 3. None are nailed on first choice in their positions. They don't exactly play for the worlds elite football nations either.

And two are arguably our best 2 players. 

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

It’d be worth it just for the lolocaust involving a certain poster who isn’t keen on her former club 😀

...or women.

Don't think Hibs fans will truly appreciate how good a job she done, until she's long gone. 

Messrs Gordon Sr and Jr haven't an ounce of football knowledge between them. This could get interesting. :jjyay: 

Does Ron's laddie resemble an 80's British sitcom character?

Hackney Hearts
4 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Europe fair enough - but trophies? You're going to be very disappointed most seasons! I saw my first in 1998, having been 1 year old for our previous silverware success. We've been relatively spoilt with 2 more in the past 22 years. It's not a disaster to make semis or finals, especially if we come up just short against Celtic (you brought up relative wage bills!). 

There are plenty of things I've enjoyed in the last six years, not just individual results but some sustained periods, and I don't think it's sugar coating it to take satisfaction from the style in which we smashed the Championship so soon after admin, no matter the state of Hibs and Rangers. If we pull off a shock on 20 Dec, I hope you won't say the cup win doesn't count because Celtic's form has been shaky this season... 

Yes, there have been real lows, we know what they are (although even Cathro thrashed Rangers!), and last season was truly awful (thank God for the natural order Easter Road fixtures), I mean inexplicably bad, in that I believe we had the players to scrape mid-table. I suppose it's worth remembering that if we'd played with a goalkeeper we'd have been well clear of bottom place when hostilities ceased...

I do feel your pain though. It's easy to ignore any past positives when the lows are so crushing and seemingly avoidable. We simply shouldn't have found ourselves in this position. My only point originally was that it hadn't been 100% regression since 2014. We just need to get back to some sustained highs - hopefully it won't be too long.

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

Says a lot for her if that is the case. 

Total respect for her. 

Agree, wish I had got that little bit more time with my auld Mam ❤️

5 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Europe fair enough - but trophies? You're going to be very disappointed most seasons! I saw my first in 1998, having been 1 year old for our previous silverware success. We've been relatively spoilt with 2 more in the past 22 years. It's not a disaster to make semis or finals, especially if we come up just short against Celtic (you brought up relative wage bills!). 

There are plenty of things I've enjoyed in the last six years, not just individual results but some sustained periods, and I don't think it's sugar coating it to take satisfaction from the style in which we smashed the Championship so soon after admin, no matter the state of Hibs and Rangers. If we pull off a shock on 20 Dec, I hope you won't say the cup win doesn't count because Celtic's form has been shaky this season... 

Yes, there have been real lows, we know what they are (although even Cathro thrashed Rangers!), and last season was truly awful (thank God for the natural order Easter Road fixtures), I mean inexplicably bad, in that I believe we had the players to scrape mid-table. I suppose it's worth remembering that if we'd played with a goalkeeper we'd have been well clear of bottom place when hostilities ceased...

I do feel your pain though. It's easy to ignore any past positives when the lows are so crushing and seemingly avoidable. We simply shouldn't have found ourselves in this position. My only point originally was that it hadn't been 100% regression since 2014. We just need to get back to some sustained highs - hopefully it won't be too long.

Yes I totally agree with your post HH. I also seen my first trophy in 98. I know we won’t see trophies every year or every decade for that matter but for the size of our club and support, we should be in semi finals every year if we are to be the third force in our country. 

Thinking of the Scottish teams (I won’t mention them) that make Europe, whilst we scrape around mediocrity is despairing at times. Our last venture being one of the worst in recent memory.

This year if we do win the cup, I’ll rank it alongside 98 and possibly even higher considering what we’ve been through of late. A championship team beating the 11 trophies in a row, Scottish champions. Now thats what I call bragging rights. One thing about following our club is that you never stop dreaming and believing....and that’s what keeps me going....and natural order of course 😉

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

100%.

Even this season, we win- other team shite. We lose- we are shite. 

It's been bad since cathro and last season was a car crash, but we've beaten rangers more than  normal in the past 6 years, smashed celtic 4-0, matched hibs and Aberdeen. 

1 sc final, 1 to go. 4 sf in a row. 

To say the last 6 years has been all shite is as per folk being emotional, slavering mess's. 

If we win the cup in 4 weeks, does the last 6 years become great? 

Ofc not. 

We've also got a cracking new stand, shop, pub, museum etc that will last for generations. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

38 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

100%.

It's been bad since cathro and last season was a car crash, but we've beaten rangers more than  normal in the past 6 years, smashed celtic 4-0, matched hibs and Aberdeen. 

To say the last 6 years has been all shite is as per folk being emotional, slavering mess's. 

Ofc not. 

We've also got a cracking new stand, shop, pub, museum etc that will last for generations. 

Most of my Hearts supporting mates are glass half full like me.  I do know some though that are always negative but you realise they are like that about anything and can never be convinced to be positive.  I stop trying.  

40 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

100%.

Ofc not. 

Great Post 👍

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

100%.

Ofc not. 

Is that why you started a "Hibs Are Shite" thread after we beat them>

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

🤣🤣🤣 to be fair... any of us could start that thread at any given time.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hibs are shite.