Dogs/ Man's Best Friend.

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Had a few dugs in my life, loved them all. Nothing like a dug, great wee mates and loyal.

Anyone had experiences with their dugs that they fondly recall.  

But had one dug like this, bless him....  :rofl:

127168114_10165315828850377_6352184568462879818_n.png?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=9tzsPZIvUwYAX8J9Xu1&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=4532265f401067976cac6ad10323c8bd&oe=5FE6F0E1

I've had loads of dogs over the years, some better than others and a couple that couldn't find a rabbit in a telephone box!!!

It's the exited expectation that I like, telling youself that this is the one, this is going to be your "dog of a lifetime".

Nell is the latest "potentially the best dog in the world" to come to Chateau Dawnrazor, here getting to know old Rex (one of my dogs of a lifetime).

Screenshot_20201126-120759_Messenger.jpg

maroonlegions
3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I've had loads of dogs over the years, some better than others and a couple that couldn't find a rabbit in a telephone box!!!

It's the exited expectation that I like, telling youself that this is the one, this is going to be your "dog of a lifetime".

Nell is the latest "potentially the best dog in the world" to come to Chateau Dawnrazor, here getting to know old Rex (one of my dogs of a lifetime).

Screenshot_20201126-120759_Messenger.jpg

Oh , that's  a great wee picture.. 

Edited by maroonlegions

I got my first ever dog 6 weeks ago a yellow female lab called Bella. Love her to pieces Shes going through teething stage at the minute and has her first puppy class on Saturday afternoon . 

maroonlegions
5 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I got my first ever dog 6 weeks ago a yellow female lab called Bella. Love her to pieces Shes going through teething stage at the minute and has her first puppy class on Saturday afternoon . 

Puppy class, love it.Hope she brings you joy and friendship.

CavySlaveJambo

I have two of them,  A 4 year old boy called Frodo.  I also have a 16 week old assistance dog puppy, that will be owner trained as my autism assistance dog. 

1 minute ago, Candy said:

I like dugs, but if someone feed me every day and cleaned up after me, I'd be their best friend too 

My wife is my best friend!

13 minutes ago, Candy said:

A 12 year commitment to picking up a lump of shite every day.

😂 dugs offer so much more than that but was very funny. 

Grew up with a Corgie. She lived for 18 years so pretty much never knew life without her from birth to adulthood. 

Found an old Pitt bull chained to the side of a road and had all intentions of taking it to the dog and cat home on the Monday but ended up having him for 3 years before he passed. Had a jack Russell for over 10 years.  Haven’t been able to get another dog since her passing pass as it just breaks me inside having to get them out to sleep.

Have a cat ATM. Pretty much a functional relationship- she keeps the mice away and gets everything she needs and I don’t have to walk it. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

I wouldn’t know what to do without my Spaniel. She is more than just a dog. More than a pet even.

Completely part of my daily life and one of the family. She’s very sensitive and can read me like a book.

Hugely intelligent. 

If I make an ordinary phone call to a pal she ignores it. If I ring for a take away she knows and immediately sits by the window and won’t leave until it has been delivered.

Shes trained to the gun although haven’t been out this year because of Covid.

My life simply would not be the same without her.

2 hours ago, Candy said:

A 12 year commitment to picking up a lump of shite every day.

That's on a good day. Sometimes they get the runs! :cornette_dog:

maroonlegions
2 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

I wouldn’t know what to do without my Spaniel. She is more than just a dog. More than a pet even.

Completely part of my daily life and one of the family. She’s very sensitive and can read me like a book.

Hugely intelligent. 

If I make an ordinary phone call to a pal she ignores it. If I ring for a take away she knows and immediately sits by the window and won’t leave until it has been delivered.

Shes trained to the gun although haven’t been out this year because of Covid.

My life simply would not be the same without her.

100& know were you are coming from. Had a wee collie dug, lived for years, we hardy thing. when she died i was a broken man for a while. They do become one of the family.

4 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

100& know were you are coming from. Had a wee collie dug, lived for years, we hardy thing. when she died i was a broken man for a while. They do become one of the family.

Mate of mine lost his dog recently. Rang him a day later for support. Pair of us ended up bawling down the phone to each other. 

Mine is 7 and I’m dreading now the day she goes. 

2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Mate of mine lost his dog recently. Rang him a day later for support. Pair of us ended up bawling down the phone to each other. 

Mine is 7 and I’m dreading now the day she goes. 

I know the feeling, my oldest dog who lives in the house with us is 13 in March.

• 2 weeks later...
Dagger Is Back

Lost our Skye in October 2019. Swore never again. Broke my bloody heart having to see her go. 

But the house was so empty and sad, I guess that’s the legacy she left and the impact she made.

Got this wee fella in August and I’m beyond happy

43763B9E-401A-4B24-B070-078F79FDEEEE.jpeg

Jambof3tornado
35 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Lost our Skye in October 2019. Swore never again. Broke my bloody heart having to see her go. 

But the house was so empty and sad, I guess that’s the legacy she left and the impact she made.

Belter!!!!

Tenaciousdandy
On 26/11/2020 at 12:03, maroonlegions said:

Had a few dugs in my life, loved them all. Nothing like a dug, great wee mates and loyal.

Anyone had experiences with their dugs that they fondly recall.  

But had one dug like this, bless him....  :rofl:

127168114_10165315828850377_6352184568462879818_n.png?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=9tzsPZIvUwYAX8J9Xu1&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=4532265f401067976cac6ad10323c8bd&oe=5FE6F0E1

Thats my boy, he is 16 now tho and is only interested in food 24/7 used to sit in in the front garden next to the gate and greet "bark" at everyone that passed lol had some snotty fecker moan once my answer was you should be greatful he's talking to you lol 

Dagger Is Back
10 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Nice one Dagger. 

Dogs are just wonderful. We have a Cavalier King Charles and a rescue Cavalier cross and they bring so much to our family.

Love nothing better than walking them in the hills and sharing the sofa with them.

The Mrs would have taken a Cavalier in a heartbeat. Great dogs. I hear you Jonno, it’s the simple pleasures and being with your dog I find is really therapeutic. I get up every morning with him, feed him, and then kip down on the sofa for an hour. Bliss 

10 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Belter!!!!

Aye he is. Now 6 months and full of nonsense. 

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

The Mrs would have taken a Cavalier in a heartbeat. Great dogs. I hear you Jonno, it’s the simple pleasures and being with your dog I find is really therapeutic. I get up every morning with him, feed him, and then kip down on the sofa for an hour. Bliss 

Aye he is. Now 6 months and full of nonsense. 

Oscar is 4 and still full of nonsense!!

16 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with him Dagger, can't beat having a Lab but I'm mibby a bit biased😄

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Oscar is 4 and still full of nonsense!!

And you wouldn't change it for a thing and long may Oscar continue that nonsense

49 minutes ago, Jambo314 said:

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with him Dagger, can't beat having a Lab but I'm mibby a bit biased😄

I know exactly what you mean. I'm biased too. Every days an adventure and soaking it all up is part of the fun

Never had a dog all my days - lived in a flat when I was young and travelled a lot with work so thought it wouldn't be fair.

Changed jobs a few years ago,and was home every day, so we got Rudi (who is now 8 unbelievably). WE then got his half sister Lexi. (same dad) 5 years ago. Boy was I missing something in my life. Now retired and walk the dogs three times a day through rain and shine, just absolutely love it. No worries about being bored in my retirement, and my weight is now back to where it was about 30 years ago!

There is something very special about the bond with a dog, and they make me laugh 10 times a day with their antics. Getting through the lockdown was certainly hugely helped by having my dogs around.

Any way here they are

.0?ui=2&ik=ceb38b32f6&attid=0.1.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1685624819874962448&th=17648ad7c53a9c10&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ97f3egbPfvoMnhoK6TbXxyw_KuwJgTxRRD7SE6BtZZEI1ft9sMuxh2DtD-m_KXa43TRB7eH6UPuSzFWee6o_7Lq9tb7BQ-7AOYOkpr2CXsXk5HV8tGFNeah34&disp=emb

maroonlegions
18 hours ago, Dandyman79 said:

Thats my boy, he is 16 now tho and is only interested in food 24/7 used to sit in in the front garden next to the gate and greet "bark" at everyone that passed lol had some snotty fecker moan once my answer was you should be greatful he's talking to you lol 

👍

I would never have survived lockdown without my Spaniel Dizzy.

Shes 7 now and still completely bonkers. My first dog and boy did I get a goodun. She more human than dog. Completely in tune with me. Knows exactly when I’m off it a bit and sits on my lap.

My uncle Ian owns her mum and her great aunt. Unfortunately her great aunt Willow passed away yesterday aged 14. My uncle is really upset obviously.

Dogs make such an important impact to your lives.

Samuel Dogster is quite a refined character, getting on a bit now, full of aches and pains but a character nonetheless. Wife is after another one and I sense I’m fighting a losing battle! 

F7B7EC56-5FA4-4725-A226-8FE33665A9F6.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Pagey said:

Samuel Dogster is quite a refined character, getting on a bit now, full of aches and pains but a character nonetheless. Wife is after another one and I sense I’m fighting a losing battle! 

F7B7EC56-5FA4-4725-A226-8FE33665A9F6.jpeg

I note that he enjoys a wee tipple too🍷👍

I added a new puppy to our household in August. Older lab has just turned 12 on Monday there. They get on great despite the age gap.

The wee one is absolutely besotted with the older dog.

Screenshot_20201210-105940_Gallery.jpg

24 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I added a new puppy to our household in August. Older lab has just turned 12 on Monday there. They get on great despite the age gap.

The wee one is absolutely besotted with the older dog.

Screenshot_20201210-105940_Gallery.jpg

Labs love their couch comfort although mines not too happy looking having his pic taken😁

thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin

8 minutes ago, Jambo314 said:

Labs love their couch comfort although mines not too happy looking having his pic taken😁

thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin

My oldest (Ruby) has always been allowed up, but she's only ever been allowed on one of our couches, which is also covered by a blanket at all times.

The very first thing the new pup (Ada) done on arrival was walk up to the couch and try get on it. For the first few weeks she wouldn't settle anywhere other than one particular spot on the couch. We even had to put her crate up there.

Once she got used to the surroundings she was fine but it was really bizarre to see her make a beeline for it.

16 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

My oldest (Ruby) has always been allowed up, but she's only ever been allowed on one of our couches, which is also covered by a blanket at all times.

The very first thing the new pup (Ada) done on arrival was walk up to the couch and try get on it. For the first few weeks she wouldn't settle anywhere other than one particular spot on the couch. We even had to put her crate up there.

Once she got used to the surroundings she was fine but it was really bizarre to see her make a beeline for it.

😂😂😂

CavySlaveJambo

I’ve got two completely different boys.  T who is completely focused on me, and quiet.  And F who is completely daft and is the barker.    
F is now the smaller dog, not that is bothers him.  T is limited as an Assistance Dog  Pupper who we were waiting to fully toilet train and get his basics spot on before officially taking him out as one, but seeing as he is too cute I can’t take him out without people distracting him.  T is the cream and F is the Black.  and the Guinea Pig is called Rosie. F loves her. 

8ED5B92D-BF51-4DFD-A5B9-9D18822E63DE.jpeg

Edited by CavySlaveJambo

Dagger Is Back

Brilliant to see everyone’s pooches and their stories. Can’t help but lift your spirits.

You’ve all got cracking best friends folks

Had to have my Springer put down a year ago this week. Had her for thirteen years she was fantastic. Not afraid to admit I was a gibbering wreck at the Vets but fortunately my youngest came with me and he managed to hold it together. Still to soon for me to get another although my eldest has just got a Border Terrier and she's a cracker. My wife is on at me to get another and maybe it is time.

Thinking though with all these photos i've been a bit harsh. Never allowed any of my dogs on the couch or upstairs in the house.

(The rest of the family may or may not have in my absence)

2 minutes ago, mugwump said:

Had to have my Springer put down a year ago this week. Had her for thirteen years she was fantastic. Not afraid to admit I was a gibbering wreck at the Vets but fortunately my youngest came with me and he managed to hold it together. Still to soon for me to get another although my eldest has just got a Border Terrier and she's a cracker. My wife is on at me to get another and maybe it is time.

Thinking though with all these photos i've been a bit harsh. Never allowed any of my dogs on the couch or upstairs in the house.

(The rest of the family may or may not have in my absence)

Fancy one of these?

Sired by a young dog of mine, I was planning to take a Black and White bitch but with a possible operation on the horizon I don't think I can get one😢😢😢

IMG-20201210-WA0003.jpg

2 minutes ago, mugwump said:

Thanks for the thought Dawnrazor but maybe still not the right time. Maybe early next year I could pm you and see if any other litters are due?

Aye, feel free, if you think there's any help or advice I can give just drop me a message.

• 2 weeks later...

First thing I'd buy with a lottery win. 

Won't buy one now as its just me most days so when I'm working it'd be stuck on its own. Don't want to pay someone to walk it. 

WoolfordsHearts

Took my wee 15 year old greyhound Cindy to the vet last week,not eating and not wanting to walk,fearing the worst. 

A mixture of antibiotics and steak mince has got brought her back.🙏

Best Christmas present we could've wished for.

Screenshot_20201218-225823_Photos.jpg

Dagger Is Back
10 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

Took my wee 15 year old greyhound Cindy to the vet last week,not eating and not wanting to walk,fearing the worst. 

Aww bless you matey and Cindy. Most of us know exactly where you’ve been and how you’ve been feeling.

Glad you’ve got her back

24 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

Good news! :toasting:

WoolfordsHearts
12 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Aww bless you matey and Cindy. Most of us know exactly where you’ve been and how you’ve been feeling.

Glad you’ve got her back

Cheers pal.