• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Italian Lambretta
29 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Lad born in Derry who plays for ROI. He’ll be a target for our support after 5 minutes. Will have to play like Rudi to not get stick 

We've had loads of good Irish players through the years as long as he doesn't play the James McCLean card then everything will be hunky dory 👍

Edited by Italian Lambretta

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

You don’t get it do you? We don’t need more older players, we need a core of younger players instead, that we can build a squad around and then sell on. 

Boyce is our best player, of course he is not too old 😂

25 isn't old 😂 I presume you don't want this McEneff boy in the door because of his age.

Every team needs a blend of youth and experience. We should be signing players to fit our style with specific attributes, age doesn't need to be one of them. If we were signing loads of guys in their early to mid 30s then perhaps not ideal but a guy in his mid to late 20s isn't old.

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, TommyC said:

Looks like Kasteneer is in judging from the Hearts twitter page.

It's on the website completely with picture of him in a training top. 

27 minutes ago, lou said:

A bit different to what?  you said only players between 20 and 24 should be signed unless they are a stopgap, currently I would say best players are over 24 

Bit of a contrast in quality there mate😂

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Bit of a contrast in quality there mate😂

Really hard to get that age group now, show anything by age 20, labelled as the next big thing and well out of budget, unless they are shit, then you sign older players with better quality whose wages are beyond peak

2 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

25 isn't old 😂 I presume you don't want this McEneff boy in the door because of his age.

Every team needs a blend of youth and experience. We should be signing players to fit our style with specific attributes, age doesn't need to be one of them. If we were signing loads of guys in their early to mid 30s then perhaps not ideal but a guy in his mid to late 20s isn't old.

McEneff apparently is great and is a good age. Ideally I would want players from 20-24 as the core but have no problems with 25,26,27,28 etc provided they are quality. But don’t want us signing loads of players ages 29 and onwards considering around squad is really ageing, especially the starting eleven. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, One five said:

I can’t work with all this excitement

I know, great excuse not to though :)

33 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Lad born in Derry who plays for ROI. He’ll be a target for our support after 5 minutes. Will have to play like Rudi to not get stick 

It's Londonderry

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Really hard to get that age group now, show anything by age 20, labelled as the next big thing and well out of budget, unless they are shit, then you sign older players with better quality whose wages are beyond peak

Agreed but there is still plenty of realistic talent that Hearts could snap-up within that age group. 

6 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

What is our style? 

August Landmesser
Just now, Lfhearts said:

It's Londonderry

Shed, ASAP.

Stroke City is the least problematic name for it...

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I know, great excuse not to though :)

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

I took the week off

Work can gtf today 🤣

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What is our style? 

I think it's evolving, Bongo. Gotta say the Irish lad looks decent and a winger  suggests using width of the pitch. The French forward needs those wingers to supply, as does Boyce. You are a fan of Walker. He sits behind the forwards. Irving passes and creates. 

Edited by Riccarton3

Fxxx the SPFL
11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If someone can cast an ear out for any more signings that would be good

another Dutch guy van Gogh :whistling:

Can’t exactly post the foot stomping guy in a huff anymore can I?

Maybe I will if we don’t close the window with 46 new signings as promised though.

23 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I don’t get all the chat about this guy. Is he resident in the UK since before Dec 31st? He’s German, has never played for a UK club and not an international. How can we sign him post-Brexit?

The Irish guy mentioned is different. People from Ireland have had a legal right to live and work here for the 100 odd years of the Republic’s existence and that isn’t changed by Brexit.

I think they consider more than international caps and will look at domestic appearances v games missed as well as the value they player will add to the new team among other things. Particuarly in Germany's case, only the very elite get into their national team, so maybe the rules will be slackened for players who aren't going to get any caps but who would boss it in Scotland, for example. Who knows. There's defintely a lot more rings to jump through than before.

• cosanostra changed the title to January transfer window (Gervane Kastaneer signs on loan from Coventry )
Byyy The Light

Has there been any more chat about Campbell or was it just all a lot of rumour?  Kind of got my hopes up about him coming in.

13 minutes ago, way out west jambo said:

My mate's a big Cov fan, waiting on him calling me back with the lowdown...

Just need to read the thread on him on their forum, not very good apparently.

Just now, DG_HMFC said:

Just need to read the thread on him on their forum, not very good apparently.

Never listen to player opinions on football forums. Many on here think Boyce is shit.

I don't follow the League of Ireland but from what I've seen it looks like a good standard and would compare well with our Championship and most of the Premiership. Maybe the SPFL and the League of Ireland could get together and form  a joint competition, maybe a Gaelic Nations Cup for a start. I'm guessing it would attract a lot of sponsorship if the Arse Cheeks didn't get in there to spoil it.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )