January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

If we are able to shift Lee and Damour in this window, hopefully we can put a good wage towards a centre mid with real quality such as Allan campbell

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

You can slag the guy all you want about his record, but to say the team isn't arguably better than the one Stendel had is bullshit. 

He got beat by Hamilton and all these teams but remember they are premiership opposition, the same ones that slag him off give Robbie a free pass, even though he's had his arse felt three times by championship teams? 

But i suppose we will just keep that swept under the carpet. 

You can say all you want the guy on his record, never got beat by a team lower than the Scottish Premiership, and that's coming into a team that was bereft of confidence. 

And that had the footballing genius Craig Levein teaching them. 

But he took us to the bottom of the league.

And thats the reason we now have Robbie Neilson.

Edited by Whatever

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Gees peace about ****ing Stendel!!

I’m trying to go easy and have done for many weeks now.

It’s very autistic like behaviour.

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Who were you expecting him to bring in yah clown, they tried to get Gordon but celtic wouldn't have it? He was left with a keeper that we were paying top dollar to have , and would've had to pay his final loan fee and wages, bar Man Utd doing us a good turn and waiving the remaining fee and wages away. 

What decent keeper could of he had brought in, honestly you just open that mouth of yours, and the amount of tam kite that comes out it. 

He was left with coco the clown Doyle🤔, Bobby dazzler Zlamal 🤔, and Joel throws the ball in his net pereira. 

He wasn't given a budget, he was made to get players out, before he brought players in. 

Yet to you the sun appears to shine out other previous managers arses. 

Given a handicap before he even took over, when Neilson took over he had budget 👍fact. 

He had players contracts running out fact. 

All better circumstances, he also had a fresh start to do what he wanted, he never had the previous manager lurking about in the background. 

Which just shows inept are club is, as that has never happened at any other club i know? Maybe you could show me?. 

Your psychotic obsession with a failed former manager is not healthy. You come across as though you are Daniel Stendels stalker. Times will have moved on by 20 years and you’ll still be rabbiting on about Stendel. The results weren’t there. Therefore, he was released per the clause in his contract. He left. Why are you continuing to re live every detail of it over and over on a football forum, it’s like you’ve got PTSD. Take care of your mental health. Good luck to you 

This thread is about January transfer window and it’s about time the mods do something about this individual, he derails every thread with off topic sad, idiotic off topic depressed impotent rage about a topic that lost relevance to Hearts, 6 months ago. 

Guest ToqueJambo
19 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Who were you expecting him to bring in yah clown, they tried to get Gordon but celtic wouldn't have it? He was left with a keeper that we were paying top dollar to have , and would've had to pay his final loan fee and wages, bar Man Utd doing us a good turn and waiving the remaining fee and wages away. 

What decent keeper could of he had brought in, honestly you just open that mouth of yours, and the amount of tam kite that comes out it. 

He was left with coco the clown Doyle🤔, Bobby dazzler Zlamal 🤔, and Joel throws the ball in his net pereira. 

He wasn't given a budget, he was made to get players out, before he brought players in. 

Yet to you the sun appears to shine out other previous managers arses. 

Given a handicap before he even took over, when Neilson took over he had budget 👍fact. 

He had players contracts running out fact. 

All better circumstances, he also had a fresh start to do what he wanted, he never had the previous manager lurking about in the background. 

Which just shows inept are club is, as that has never happened at any other club i know? Maybe you could show me?. 

I think the point is Stendel thought Joel was playing well.... He was very much alone in that. Both Doyle and Zlamal had much better records than him. Doyle's record is actually fine for a back-up goalie - decent amount of clean sheets and games won with him in goal, just a couple of howlers - nothing like the amount Joel had.

Stendel should have pulled the goalie long before he did. It was his mistakes that put us 4 pts adrift at the bottom, thanks to Stendel's slowness in replacing him. Say what you like about Levein, when Zlamal and Doyle made big mistakes - which they did - he dropped them.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Your psychotic obsession with a failed former manager is not healthy. You come across as though you are Daniel Stendels stalker. Times will have moved on by 20 years and you’ll still be rabbiting on about Stendel. The results weren’t there. Therefore, he was released per the clause in his contract. He left. Why are you continuing to re live every detail of it over and over on a football forum, it’s like you’ve got PTSD. Take care of your mental health. Good luck to you 

This thread is about January transfer window and it’s about time the mods do something about this individual, he derails every thread with off topic sad, idiotic off topic depressed impotent rage about a topic that lost relevance to Hearts, 6 months ago. 

Bongo needs reigned in, without doubt.

His contributions make a mockery of the forum.

Intentionally or otherwise. 

4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Well said 👏 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It's so strange. Lots of us liked Stendel and think he could have been the right manager at the wrong time. Doesn't change the fact that he failed dismally in the main job he was given - get us out of relegation danger. There were some signs he could have us playing more attacking football, but very few signs he could have us playing winning football. We'll never know but his replacement has come in and made much better decisions about the squad, no matter what league we're in.

13 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Gees peace about ****ing Stendel!!

Still waiting on you to deliver this transfer window bud 👍 🤔

17 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You can slag the guy all you want about his record, but to say the team isn't arguably better than the one Stendel had is bullshit. 

He got beat by Hamilton and all these teams but remember they are premiership opposition, the same ones that slag him off give Robbie a free pass, even though he's had his arse felt three times by championship teams? 

You can say all you want the guy on his record, never got beat by a team lower than the Scottish Premiership, and that's coming into a team that was bereft of confidence. 

Who gives a flying **** about Stendel. He was hopeless and if he had done a better job he would still be here and we wouldn’t be having to play Alloa tomorrow!! 

Berra than you
Just now, Billy Hoyle said:

Who gives a flying **** about Stendel. He was hopeless and if he had done a better job he would still be here and we wouldn’t be having to play Alloa tomorrow!! 

This. Right guy at the wrong time probably but it's ok the past now. He has one of the worst win percentages of any manager and is part of the reason we are where we are.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

It's so strange. Lots of us liked Stendel and think he could have been the right manager at the wrong time. Doesn't change the fact that he failed dismally in the main job he was given - get us out of relegation danger. There were some signs he could have us playing more attacking football, but very few signs he could have us playing winning football. We'll never know but his replacement has come in and made much better decisions about the squad, no matter what league we're in.

Yep pretty much. Neilsons cobbled together a squad to get the job done and get us promoted. Now he’s made 2 statement of intent signings this window, Michael Smith and GMS. He binned Bozanic Clare uche etc, dross. Now he’s binned Lee. And it won’t stop there, the clearout will continue. And as per his answer to the press, he knows every single one of the best Hearts teams of the past 20 years was constructed to fit together, in terms of personnel so he is looking to those teams to inform his plans for the next one. We can start to look forward again as fans finally after a horrendous period. 

50 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Some geezer on Twitter saying Damour is going back to Cardiff. 

So they hardly played him for a year, released him, watched him sign for us, stink the place out, get relegated and frozen out and then thought "let's have him back"? I'm sceptical about that one.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Still waiting on you to deliver this transfer window bud 👍 🤔

Bongo,  I'm genuinely concerned buddy. Chill out man

😂😂 Utterly laughable that the same people on this thread, said we would go the season unbeaten in the championship. 

Which is arguably one of the worst championships I've seen in my lifetime 😂😂 anyway back on topic liam?. 

adambraejambo
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Dont take this wrong way I liked Stendel and would have been happy if he  stayed  but he only had 2 games against lesser opposition as far as I remember. Airdrie and Falkirk. I was at the Airdrie game and yes was very comfortable but the Falkirk game if they had got a equaliser nobody could have said they didnt deserve it. I'm positive we were hanging on for dear life . That's what cup football is all about though. I dont blame the board for going with Neilson though with limited budgets in uncertain times  I would always go with a guy who is almost certainly going to get us back up. Had we stuck with Daniel if it had clicked then it would have been great but with little money to invest he would have been stuck with the  same players who were struggling to adapt for him. 

Go with Neilson and have a 95% chance of coming straight back up but the football wont always be the best. 

Or go with Stendel if it clicks we win every game more than likely in style but I would have said his chances were about 80% as some of his tactics were terrifying at times. For a  team who just been unfairly relegated you got  to go for best option to come back up and I'd would say the correct decision was made.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lee and Uche got off to a cracking start as did Maclean. 

Purple patch, but no doubt we did look like a strong team and Celtic were genuinely concerned prior to the semi.

Like others from that shit day at Murrayfield everything broke down and nobody really reached those heights personally or more importantly collectively. 

Best of luck to the lad, hope he has a decent career at his level 

7 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

So they hardly played him for a year, released him, watched him sign for us, stink the place out, get relegated and frozen out and then thought "let's have him back"? I'm sceptical about that one.

You forgot the debilitating injury that crocked him.    I get your point 👍 ☺ 

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Back to cardiff.    

:berra:why? :dontgetit:

Who cares as long he’s away, I thought that arsehole Warnock might’ve taken him to Boro. 

Pasquale for King
50 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think the point is Stendel thought Joel was playing well.... He was very much alone in that. Both Doyle and Zlamal had much better records than him. Doyle's record is actually fine for a back-up goalie - decent amount of clean sheets and games won with him in goal, just a couple of howlers - nothing like the amount Joel had.

Stendel should have pulled the goalie long before he did. It was his mistakes that put us 4 pts adrift at the bottom, thanks to Stendel's slowness in replacing him. Say what you like about Levein, when Zlamal and Doyle made big mistakes - which they did - he dropped them.

Perriera made mistakes under Levein too and wasn’t dropped?

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who cares as long he’s away, I thought that arsehole Warnock might’ve taken him to Boro. 

If he goes to cardiff without any compensation for his current contract, I will celebrate.   To be clear, if he leaves at any cost, I will celebrate.  :lol:

Pasquale for King

With the news about a Championship club wanting the season suspended and Ian Maxwell asking the 10 clubs if they want to continue we might be better to put any transfer plans on hold. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

If he goes to cardiff without any compensation for his current contract, I will celebrate.   To be clear, if he leaves at any cost, I will celebrate.  :lol:

I think we all will 🤞🙏

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

:wtfvlad:

I am starting to think that Bongo is Dale Tonge, it seems he appeared out of nowhere, had a lot of inside info on transfers, loves Daniel Stendel more than life itself, hates Robbie Nielson and Anne Budge and has lost the inside track 

It's the only explanation

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Bozi said:

I am starting to think that Bongo is Dale Tonge, it seems he appeared out of nowhere, had a lot of inside info on transfers, loves Daniel Stendel more than life itself, hates Robbie Nielson and Anne Budge and has lost the inside track 

He seems to  support stendel rather than Hearts. 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yep pretty much. Neilsons cobbled together a squad to get the job done and get us promoted. Now he’s made 2 statement of intent signings this window, Michael Smith and GMS. He binned Bozanic Clare uche etc, dross. Now he’s binned Lee. And it won’t stop there, the clearout will continue. And as per his answer to the press, he knows every single one of the best Hearts teams of the past 20 years was constructed to fit together, in terms of personnel so he is looking to those teams to inform his plans for the next one. We can start to look forward again as fans finally after a horrendous period. 

I still think that the rejuvenated Clare could have done a job for us.  But did he want to go?

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Ahhh , but Lee was kept because Robbie could see how to utilise him properly and his value to the first xi , he only left because Levein and him fell out and he was the best passer of a ball and vital to our midfield...Well if you listen to some on here 😉 

😃I’m a believer as well

The Old Tolbooth

We must have a midfielder lined up, because although I’m not a fan of Lee, we have no one to step in and do his job and it leaves us very light in the middle. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Can people quit going on that every player needs pace.

Adam is the best player in our league -

so far showing better form than Naismith  and Boyce - but he is slow as **** and has no legs left.

Berkovic at Celtic had no pace.

If you are a baller midfielder pace is genuinely  irrelevant.

44 minutes ago, Bozi said:

How do i hate Ann budge? And i don't hate Robbie 😂just feel he's not good enough, hate Is a strong word. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Barely. There's virtually nothing between Dunfermline and Dundee and Hamilton and St Mirren. The difference between Stendel and Neilson is Neilson of course gets beat like every other manager but he's still doing the job he's paid to do which is get us to the top of the division and in the promotion place. His job isn't to remain unbeaten all season, no matter how nice that would be.

Stendel did not do the job he was paid to do, which was get us away from relegation danger. In fact, he put us in more danger than we were in when he arrived.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

We must have a midfielder lined up, because although I’m not a fan of Lee, we have no one to step in and do his job and it leaves us very light in the middle. 

Haring, Irving, Halliday, Naismith and McGill. 

20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Barely. There's virtually nothing between Dunfermline and Dundee and Hamilton and St Mirren. The difference between Stendel and Neilson is Neilson of course gets beat like every other manager but he's still doing the job he's paid to do which is get us to the top of the division and in the promotion place. His job isn't to remain unbeaten all season, no matter how nice that would be.

Stendel did not do the job he was paid to do, which was get us away from relegation danger. In fact, he put us in more danger than we were in when he arrived.

So if the league is null and void will everyone blame Robbie for not going up?. 

Barely nothing cmon toque your not a stupid guy, just the difference that two of the teams mentioned are in the premiership, and the other are in the championship 🤔

Edited by Bongo 1874

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Haring, Irving, Halliday, Naismith and McGill. 

Plus Smith as DM cover. If we're planning to shuttle the ball to the wings quickly, we don't really need Lee to do that. He's also not the type to get on the end of things in the box or score from long distance from attacking midfield as much as someone like Walker has done for us. I liked him but don't think he's hard to replace either.

8 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Lee was pish. It’s symptomatic of how under whelming we are that we’ve tried to find positives in his listless style 

Aye. But statistically, during his time here, he was probably one of our most effective midfielders, which says more about our midfield than it does him.

Good luck to Olly Lee.

He did his best and was quite creative. He was slow and a bit soft in big games at times but we've had worse players.

He was better than dross like Roberts and Frear.

8 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

How do i hate Ann budge? And i don't hate Robbie 😂just feel he's not good enough, hate Is a strong word. 

Before the Rangers semi final I was telling anyone who would listen that Stendel was the only person I wanted. I loved his ideas and philosophy on the game and we should push the boat out to get him. I would love to see that high press, high energy football at a packed Tynecastle.

Unfortunately he was a bit naive and tried to enforce his style on players that didn't really suit his style and he was too inflexible to change tactics. He did, unfortunately leave us in a worse position than when he arrived.

No I do feel that after a full preseason and with funds he would have been a revelation and we would have a dynamic and attacking team, but the terms of his contract were that if we were relegated he was free to go. Stendel has gone, it's time to let go.

Robbie has came in and has us top of the league, we have blown some teams away but a lot of the old squad remain and a lot of their frailties are still evident. 

It's not always been pretty but I do believe that he has us on the right track, we will get promoted and maybe, just maybe, the new SD will bring in some quick,dynamic players that wille excite us.

Ps- you did get some inside info this time last year and genuinely believe that you knew someone close to the Stendel camp so while it was a post about being part of his backroom staff  it was Tonge in cheek 😉

8 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Can people quit going on that every player needs pace.

Adam is the best player in our league -

so far showing better form than Naismith  and Boyce - but he is slow as **** and has no legs left.

Berkovic at Celtic had no pace.

If you are a baller midfielder pace is genuinely  irrelevant.

The problem we have is none of our midfielders are/were quick. I agree Adam is a cracking player but he had runners around him against us to let him do his thing. Lee/Halliday/Irving/Haring are all slow even Walker and Naismith in the number 10 role lack pace. It’s a major problem in the team when nobody can burst through from midfield and get beyond the strikers now and again like a Cameron/Skacel/Hartley type player. Obviously that quality level is hard to find but we need a midfield player like this to improve us. 

1 hour ago, Bozi said:

Unfortunately he was a bit naive and tried to enforce his style on players that didn't really suit his style and he was too inflexible to change tactics. He did, unfortunately leave us in a worse position than when he arrived.

😉

One could even say the same about Cathro although he was clearly lacking in experience as well

but

this is about transfers not managers.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )