• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

colinmorewasgash
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Jamie Walker at Center mid 😂 come on now. Id play ****ing Berra at Center mid before I’d put Walker there.  But on your last point, if we’re not signing anyone then yes you’d think we’d surely have to cancel the extension to Cochranes loan because we’d be short a body 

25 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Dream on laddie is not going to drop a division every chance he will get a move down south, folk need to get real.

Nonsense, Do you really think he would turn down a move to Hearts if we had a offer accepted? I bet most players in Premiership would drop a division for 6 months 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Nonsense, Do you really think he would turn down a move to Hearts if we had a offer accepted? I bet most players in Premiership would drop a division for 6 months 

this 😂 I don’t think Ali Mccann is a cert to be going to England at all.. the wage cap will put pay to English clubs collecting Scottish players on the cheap.  More and more will end up staying in Scotland.. this is the reason Jackson Irvine is back 

Edited by kingantti1874

colinmorewasgash

Wonder if he asked for advice from Levein. Seems strange yes not quickest but felt he contributed with assists and goals more than some imposters at club. Would have preferred walker and damour to have left personally.

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

this 😂 I don’t think Ali Mccann is a cert to be going to England at all.. the wage cap will put pay to English clubs collecting Scottish players on the cheap.  More and more will end up staying in Scotland.. this is the reason Jackson Irvine is back 

Could be a hugely positive thing for Scottish football. Too often they hoover up young talent before they actually establish themselves. Then get swallowed up and spat out again. 

Long may it continue. 

1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

His first few months were great when he was driving forward from midfield and playing off Naisy, Lafferty and Uche.  Never quite lived up to that early promise apart from a couple of gem moments, the goal at ER and the cross for Wighton at Hampden.   

TBF even the Bosnian Bullet managed a great cross for Hearts once.

adambraejambo
5 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Wonder if he asked for advice from Levein. Seems strange yes not quickest but felt he contributed with assists and goals more than some imposters at club. Would have preferred walker and damour to have left personally.

Levein is well out the picture now. If Neilson ever asks him for advice he should be sacked on the spot. 

I would imagine we have told him we will not be offering a new contract and Gillingham have offered the way out with the idea of a contract with them in the summer.

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

When was the last time we had a really good central midfield ?

That's been our problem for years,even the season we scooshed the Championship we struggled v Hibs in a few games and in cup games v them after because they had McGinn Allan and Mcgeough etc,we've not had a brilliant midfield probably going back to 2005/6 season 

5 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Absolutely, People forget who we are sometimes! Yes we are in the championship but it is only going to be for this season and we will be back in the premier next season, players will look at this season as a bit of a write off with no crowds etc and if the wages can be bettered coming to us then I think signing a player from the likes of killie , st Johnston etc would be a good move for a player.

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

The laddie is homesick for the south of England. Hearts have done the best thing for Olly Lee and Olly Lee has done the best thing for Hearts.

Good luck to the laddie.

This

Thanks and good luck Olly

2 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Don't mind Lee tbh. Quite surprised, not the greatest player in the world but he's done reasonably well this season. Having said that we do probably need better looking ahead to next season. 

Completely off topic, but every time you post something I imagine it in Gordon Ramsay’s voice :rofl: 

2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Who would want him

Asda are short staffed..joking apart someone would surely give him a chance and it might help him

Edited by Hearts007

7 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Who would want him

I heard walking football is very popular these days. He could be a superstar. 

23 minutes ago, rory78 said:

That's been our problem for years,even the season we scooshed the Championship we struggled v Hibs in a few games and in cup games v them after because they had McGinn Allan and Mcgeough etc,we've not had a brilliant midfield probably going back to 2005/6 season 

Agreed never been close to replacing Hartley

23 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Hartley or Skacel 

Aye those two were part of a great one.Skacel in his second spell was great but he was in a much poorer midfield overall.

colinmorewasgash
24 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

Levein is well out the picture now. If Neilson ever asks him for advice he should be sacked on the spot. 

Iam sure Ann still speaks to him and Iam sure Robbie will too even if not at club.

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

Lee isn't the worse midfielder we have but is the easiest to move on. Hope Damour is next...!

Yup.

Hopefully this means there's a new face on the way. 

33 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

TBF even the Bosnian Bullet managed a great cross for Hearts once.

Best cross i've witnessed at Tynecastle was Tommy Burns after Celtic gubbed us by 4 or 5 in the early mid eighties.  He ran towards the Hearts fans behind the goal and gave it the old catholic cross.... as a youngster standing by the fence, coinage rained down on me from all directions.  The pain of the score and shrapnel hitting me was made up for by the 4 x my pocket money collected.  Like an oor Wullie wedding scramble. 

Gordon Ramsay
24 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Completely off topic, but every time you post something I imagine it in Gordon Ramsay’s voice :rofl: 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just now, jambopilms said:

We need some out to get some in. Doesn't matter who leaves the midfield they aren't good enough.

Yeah, we seem to really lack that bit of magic in midfield. Having a box to box type midfielder is something we really badly need. Irving offers excellent passing and vision. I remain confident Haring will get back to his best and he offers that physical presence but its like what we lack is someone with legs who can run properly for 90 minutes. Walker and Naismith don't have the legs for it, and I'm doubtful Halliday is that kind of player. Jackson Irvine would have been a good signing IMO. See how he does at the wee team and see if he fancies making some Leithers cry in the summer :D 

I thought Ryan Edwards got a really rough treatment from Levein. Not saying he was the answer but he had a lot of energy and its that kind of player I'd like us to go for. To score a goal in a cup final and not be afforded any opportunity in the following season was incredible from Levein. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, DC_92 said:

Lee gone. That's out of the blue.

Makes sense. 

Gets a player out before his mind drifted elsewhere, one of my main concerns when playing out of contract players, especially if there are a few. 

Makes space for Irving to crack on or for a replacement who is looking to impress and win a contract / new signing looking to impress. 

Good luck to the lad, he can play a bit. 

We now need to make sure any replacement is better, not Whelan esq! 

Robbie definitely seems to have an eye on next season with GMS in and Lee out. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah, we seem to really lack that bit of magic in midfield. Having a box to box type midfielder is something we really badly need. Irving offers excellent passing and vision. I remain confident Haring will get back to his best and he offers that physical presence but its like what we lack is someone with legs who can run properly for 90 minutes. Walker and Naismith don't have the legs for it, and I'm doubtful Halliday is that kind of player. Jackson Irvine would have been a good signing IMO. See how he does at the wee team and see if he fancies making some Leithers cry in the summer :D 

I thought Ryan Edwards got a really rough treatment from Levein. Not saying he was the answer but he had a lot of energy and its that kind of player I'd like us to go for. To score a goal in a cup final and not be afforded any opportunity in the following season was incredible from Levein. 

Hard to say what Levein's biggest crime was in relation to Edwards

Signing him/playing him/not playing him/releasing him ?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, iainmac said:

Well that rules Butcher out - we can all breathe easier now.

Unless we're getting a midfielder that attacks other midfielders.. 😭

Slow certainly , couldn't tackle a fish supper, definitely,  but could occasionally produce quality. Great striker of a ball, decent crosser. Also a nice guy. 

All the best at Gills

We don't need super stars , we need a good honest, hardworking, high energy midfielder. This will allow the likes of Naismith to do what they are good at (which isn't running around) 

I thought that's what Halliday was bringing but clearly not.

Skinny Milinkovic

Can't believe he lasted as long as he did to be honest, mostly poor games interspersed with some average ones. Could say that about most of our team in recent years to be fair. Would love a Rogic-type player to replace him. Someone not chronically slow, with good distribution, and who will also be willing to shoot from outside the box. Not asking for much.... 🙃

Some cracking posts on here today.

From Lafferty the Hearts hero to Lee moving on ruining your Friday.

I love this place :lol:

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Some cracking posts on here today.

From Lafferty the Hearts hero to Lee moving on ruining your Friday.

I love this place :lol:

Any transfer info? 

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Unless we're getting a midfielder that attacks other midfielders.. 😭

Not convinced we don't need one of them . Worked well for Celtic

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Dream on laddie is not going to drop a division every chance he will get a move down south, folk need to get real.

What like Gary Mackay Steven chose to serve a short spell in the Championship. Who would have guessed. If deal is right 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )